Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 72306 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 2460 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The thing that the Americans couldn’t possibly have known was that Jenkins was successful when he trusted others (Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup) to make the football decisions at the club whilst working within the budget.
Since Jenkins stopped trusting others and got involved himself in the football decisions the club has been on a rapid downward trajectory. Jenkins was good when others made the decisions.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

#Philyerboots on 22:31 - Jan 14 with 2451 viewswaynekerr55

#Philyerboots on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Joe_bradshaw

The thing that the Americans couldn’t possibly have known was that Jenkins was successful when he trusted others (Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup) to make the football decisions at the club whilst working within the budget.
Since Jenkins stopped trusting others and got involved himself in the football decisions the club has been on a rapid downward trajectory. Jenkins was good when others made the decisions.

Yes. The king of dining out on others work IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

#Philyerboots on 22:32 - Jan 14 with 2450 views34dfgdf54

This.

He made fantastic managerial appointments and no one can take that away from him. He’s never been any good in the DOF role though, never.
#Philyerboots on 23:42 - Jan 14 with 2400 viewsTreforys_Jack

#Philyerboots on 22:00 - Jan 14 by TheResurrection

You know the answer so instead of trying to be a funny bugger, how does a reply help anything.

We all get that bit you see. Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, Katzen, Davies, Van Sweden all sold their shares to a group of people they did not, or could not, know how they would run the Club after.

They did it without consulting the Trust, who maybe could have asked certain questions and doe some kind of due diligence.

They messed up their legacy for ever more and will never be properly forgiven.

Happy so far?

Bastards, kunts, sell outs, greedy whatever's......

Happier??

Good, so now that's all out of your system, how is going over this forever and a day going to help the football club and it's league position?

Simple, until the Americans are gone , struggling every year is goin to be our lot whichever division we're in. We're facked m8.
#Philyerboots on 00:23 - Jan 15 with 2359 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 22:19 - Jan 14 by MoscowJack

My 2 cents on this.....

The Yanks believed (rightly or wrongly) that they had some sort of genius in Jenkins and I'm sure he didn't play down his role to them either. Sadly, he's not and his luck is as bad now as it was good 5 years ago.

The Yanks, hopefully knowing that they don't know enough, will SURELY be seeing that there are too many things going wrong (in both managerial and player appointments) not to question Jenkins' position.

My personal guess is that they expect Jenkins to walk at the end of this season (especially if it's true about being tied in for two years after the deal) and will have a replacement lined up, but nothing will happen between now and then. Even if he wasn't to walk, I think they would be inclined to push him as all of the Americans that I've ever come across haven't been slow in replacing failure. Quite the opposite actually.

The problem is, our fate will be decided by then so the quality of "CEO" or "Chairman" will be dictated by budget and we could then see the farce deteriorate with someone line Landon Donovan coming in. Some might say that anyone's better than Jenkins at the moment, but that's not true.

I would like to think that the Yanks will put some value on employing top people for the top job (they seem to have gone for someone experienced in Pearlman) but nothing is going to change until the end of the season.

Jenkins has failed us over and over and over again (having admittedly previously over-delivered for 10+ years) but the cold fact is that he's not going to be replaced this season. If the anger continues to be shown towards him and Dineen, they might be more inclined to walk rather than be pushed, but I doubt it. I think they'll both milk every single penny they can out of the club in compensation or suchlike.

The main question is whether anti-Jenkins abuse can be made without having a negative effect on the players. I'm not sure it can, some don't think it matters and some aren't sure. That's the only real choice we have, as fans, at the moment.

The other important and vital issue is for the Trust to be putting immense pressure on the Board to INVEST in enough good quality players to give Carlo & Co a fighting chance of keeping us up.

"""The Yanks, hopefully knowing that they don't know enough, will SURELY be seeing that there are too many things going wrong (in both managerial and player appointments) not to question Jenkins' position. """

Nick,

Largely, it's the Americans making the mistakes.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 00:25 - Jan 15 with 2355 viewsTheResurrection

Yes indeed and especially with Martinez (Jenkins would have been no one without Roberto) and Laudrup.

Not so much with Rodgers. He had no contacts, he was just a great man manager who believed in his style.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

#Philyerboots on 00:27 - Jan 15 with 2348 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 23:42 - Jan 14 by Treforys_Jack

Simple, until the Americans are gone , struggling every year is goin to be our lot whichever division we're in. We're facked m8.

And when they go, who will come next?

Why should we as fans feel the need to just be miserable for however long that takes?

We can be better than that. The Football Club will and always has been owned by someone or other, it never stopped us supporting before.

#Philyerboots on 00:36 - Jan 15 with 2336 viewsTreforys_Jack

#Philyerboots on 00:27 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

And when they go, who will come next?

Why should we as fans feel the need to just be miserable for however long that takes?

We can be better than that. The Football Club will and always has been owned by someone or other, it never stopped us supporting before.

Much of what u say is true, however we had it mate, run by the fans . The sellouts were all very wealthy individuals on the back of SCFC and that's fine , but don't just sell to fack knows who and then give us the next level bull. My season ticket for next season has already been bought, where else would I go?
Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 08:04 - Jan 15 with 2229 viewsswan65split

#Philyerboots on 00:23 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

"""The Yanks, hopefully knowing that they don't know enough, will SURELY be seeing that there are too many things going wrong (in both managerial and player appointments) not to question Jenkins' position. """

Nick,

Largely, it's the Americans making the mistakes.

like not getting rid of HJ for one.
#Philyerboots on 08:19 - Jan 15 with 2209 viewsMrSwerve

#Philyerboots on 00:25 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

Yes indeed and especially with Martinez (Jenkins would have been no one without Roberto) and Laudrup.

Not so much with Rodgers. He had no contacts, he was just a great man manager who believed in his style.

Rodgers had no contacts? Sinclair, Borini and Graham were all down to his previous clubs and were integral to our promotion and survival in the PL...

Also brought in Josh McEachran from Chelsea (yes he was a flop but big prospect at the time).
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:58]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

#Philyerboots on 08:47 - Jan 15 with 2164 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 00:25 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

I think you're wrong there. Brendan had a decent relationship with Chelsea and tried to bring quite a few in from there. He failed with Sturridge (I think it was) but succeeded with Scott Sinclair (I believe MM put loaned the club £1m to get him for Brendan).

Fabio Borini was at Chelsea when we loaned him and didn't Danny Graham come from another of his former clubs (Reading) too?

I think it goes to show that HJ does well when he's got managers with contacts and a list of players to target for them. He obviously backed Brendan and gave him the players he needed/wanted, which goes against a lot of what's been said about him in the past too.

Where HJ falls down (in terms of player recruitment) is when he has to trust his own eye as he obviously isn't the talent-spotter that he thinks he is.

So many of us were furious with Laudrup's agent for his behaviour but it did coincide with the purchase of some of the best players our club has ever seen. Unfortunately, it's been shown that ML and his agent were both very corrupt, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that we got some incredible talent in when HJ wasn't the one selecting the squad.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

#Philyerboots on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 2143 viewsMrSwerve

Graham was at Watford.

#Philyerboots on 09:06 - Jan 15 with 2119 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 08:55 - Jan 15 by MrSwerve

Graham was at Watford.

Sorry....correct.....still another of Brendan's former clubs though.

#Philyerboots on 10:00 - Jan 15 with 2050 viewsWarwickHunt

#Philyerboots on 08:47 - Jan 15 by MoscowJack

I think you're wrong there. Brendan had a decent relationship with Chelsea and tried to bring quite a few in from there. He failed with Sturridge (I think it was) but succeeded with Scott Sinclair (I believe MM put loaned the club £1m to get him for Brendan).

Fabio Borini was at Chelsea when we loaned him and didn't Danny Graham come from another of his former clubs (Reading) too?

I think it goes to show that HJ does well when he's got managers with contacts and a list of players to target for them. He obviously backed Brendan and gave him the players he needed/wanted, which goes against a lot of what's been said about him in the past too.

Where HJ falls down (in terms of player recruitment) is when he has to trust his own eye as he obviously isn't the talent-spotter that he thinks he is.

So many of us were furious with Laudrup's agent for his behaviour but it did coincide with the purchase of some of the best players our club has ever seen. Unfortunately, it's been shown that ML and his agent were both very corrupt, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that we got some incredible talent in when HJ wasn't the one selecting the squad.

Jenkins did well until he decided he knew more about football than the coaches he employed and his megalomania took over. We've been a car crash since he sacked Laudrup for "eroding our football principles".

ML was corrupt? Go on then...
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 10:01]
#Philyerboots on 10:21 - Jan 15 with 2015 viewsBobbyBacala

#Philyerboots on 08:19 - Jan 15 by MrSwerve

Rodgers had no contacts? Sinclair, Borini and Graham were all down to his previous clubs and were integral to our promotion and survival in the PL...

Also brought in Josh McEachran from Chelsea (yes he was a flop but big prospect at the time).
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:58]

I think Ma-Kalambay had worked with Rodgers at Chelsea. They can't all make a Sinclair-like impact I suppose!
#Philyerboots on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 2014 viewslibertyx

Brendan had good contacts besides the players mentioned, Gylfi was also a player we had on loan.
Gylfi started at Reading and Brendan knew him from there and that's why he came here on loan.
#Philyerboots on 10:30 - Jan 15 with 1997 viewsTheResurrection

I remember us all moaning like fack about Rodgers contacts in the game. The same Liverpool fans did when he went there.

Crazy now everyone has a different revision on the past. And all the evidence is located somewhere in this website.

And I'm not knocking Rodgers here for one second, the man will always have a special place with me, but Jenkins allowed Rodgers to bring in a few, the same as he's done with EVERY manager, right up until the most recent.

So come on, unless you're dealing in facts here, and I know you're not, be fair in your assessment and stop trying to rewrite history to suit your witch hunts.

#Philyerboots on 10:33 - Jan 15 with 1986 viewsTheResurrection

And going back to Laudrup and the players he brought in...

Yes, superb.

But don't forget our best ever signing. In my opinion, was brought in by the Club, Wilfred Bony.

And notice I said the Club there and not Jenkins. I'm not on any witch hunt or going out on a limb to support him.

All I'm interested in his fairness and balance and SCFC.

#Philyerboots on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 1987 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 10:00 - Jan 15 by WarwickHunt

Jenkins did well until he decided he knew more about football than the coaches he employed and his megalomania took over. We've been a car crash since he sacked Laudrup for "eroding our football principles".

ML was corrupt? Go on then...
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 10:01]

There was a report about a year or so ago about ML's royal crown being eroded by corruption that he and his agent were involved in.

The journo actually mentioned deals involving us, I think.

Here's one article about the "death of his status" as ambassador:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once

#Philyerboots on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 1953 viewsMrSwerve

#Philyerboots on 10:30 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

I remember us all moaning like fack about Rodgers contacts in the game. The same Liverpool fans did when he went there.

Crazy now everyone has a different revision on the past. And all the evidence is located somewhere in this website.

And I'm not knocking Rodgers here for one second, the man will always have a special place with me, but Jenkins allowed Rodgers to bring in a few, the same as he's done with EVERY manager, right up until the most recent.

So come on, unless you're dealing in facts here, and I know you're not, be fair in your assessment and stop trying to rewrite history to suit your witch hunts.

I can't remember too many people knocking his contacts (if any), it was the fact that not many people knew who he was and that he'd had no real success as a manager that he was knocked for. If anything, his contacts with Chelsea was the strong part of his appointment.

#Philyerboots on 11:04 - Jan 15 with 1937 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 10:58 - Jan 15 by MrSwerve

I can't remember too many people knocking his contacts (if any), it was the fact that not many people knew who he was and that he'd had no real success as a manager that he was knocked for. If anything, his contacts with Chelsea was the strong part of his appointment.

Well you've either got a very poor memory or a selective one.

Any manager that only looks to his old club's is also generally considered to have poor contacts.

#Philyerboots on 19:27 - Jan 15 with 1735 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 10:35 - Jan 15 by MoscowJack

There was a report about a year or so ago about ML's royal crown being eroded by corruption that he and his agent were involved in.

The journo actually mentioned deals involving us, I think.

Here's one article about the "death of his status" as ambassador:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once

Pisspoor muckraking.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 19:36]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

#Philyerboots on 19:32 - Jan 15 with 1720 views3swan

#Philyerboots on 21:39 - Jan 14 by TheResurrection

Jesus, Clive, you can't just think things are that simple can you?

You are right that the Americans are having the deciding calls, yes. It's them where the buck stops, but think of this, Jenkins has been able to say to them on at least 3 or 4 occasions now, "see, I told you so"

So to repeat, while Jenkins is in there in the Boardroom offering his say, it's not him that gets to make the call.

But without even that say that wasn't listened to, can you imagine what would happen if they were left to run amok by themselves.

Think of it like this - they didn't listen in the beginning but they bloody well did after.

The Americans haven't got a clue so leaving it all to them would simply be a worse scenario that we have now.

People need to stop and wake up a bit. No, a lot!!!

“Jesus, Clive, you can't just think things are that simple can you? “

Chris
I’ve been around long enough in life to know that everything isn’t simple, but try and keep a balance view

You say this
“Jenkins has been able to say to them on at least 3 or 4 occasions now, "see, I told you so"
I said
“they trust him or not, if what we read is true then they don’t trust him. “

So is there much difference in what we are saying — they didn’t trust his views and did their own thing

You said
“So to repeat, while Jenkins is in there in the Boardroom offering his say, it's not him that gets to make the call. “
I said
At the moment the owners have him in place on a day to day basis as it’s the easy option, but they call the shots on any big decision.

You said
“Think of it like this - they didn't listen in the beginning but they bloody well did after.”

They came in with trumpets blowing that they wanted HJ to stay as they valued his input. Does it look as if they did or still do?

I’m not on a witch hunt against HJ but even before all the issues over the sale I thought he had taken us as far as he could as chairman/DoF.

“The Americans haven't got a clue so leaving it all to them would simply be a worse scenario that we have now. “

Are you saying that there is nobody out there as Chief Exec or DoF that can’t come in and do a better job than HJ?

As I’ve already said there are only 2 ½ weeks of the transfer window left. After that it’s time to look for a replacement
#Philyerboots on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 1678 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 19:32 - Jan 15 by 3swan

“Jesus, Clive, you can't just think things are that simple can you? “

Chris
I’ve been around long enough in life to know that everything isn’t simple, but try and keep a balance view

You say this
“Jenkins has been able to say to them on at least 3 or 4 occasions now, "see, I told you so"
I said
“they trust him or not, if what we read is true then they don’t trust him. “

So is there much difference in what we are saying — they didn’t trust his views and did their own thing

You said
“So to repeat, while Jenkins is in there in the Boardroom offering his say, it's not him that gets to make the call. “
I said
At the moment the owners have him in place on a day to day basis as it’s the easy option, but they call the shots on any big decision.

You said
“Think of it like this - they didn't listen in the beginning but they bloody well did after.”

They came in with trumpets blowing that they wanted HJ to stay as they valued his input. Does it look as if they did or still do?

I’m not on a witch hunt against HJ but even before all the issues over the sale I thought he had taken us as far as he could as chairman/DoF.

“The Americans haven't got a clue so leaving it all to them would simply be a worse scenario that we have now. “

Are you saying that there is nobody out there as Chief Exec or DoF that can’t come in and do a better job than HJ?

As I’ve already said there are only 2 ½ weeks of the transfer window left. After that it’s time to look for a replacement

Regardless of trying to interpret their version of trust, they are still going to want to make calls, and that would be the case, more than likely, whoever was Chairman. For example, they were advised to sell Siggy a month before. It was bloody good advice anyone in football could have made

But the businessmen in them decided to go against that advice.

So what do you think may happen as a result of this scenario? They will look back on it and realise they made a massive cock up and listen more next time, that's kinda how that should work,yeah? Makes sense?

Or look at the latest scenario... Jenkins advised them to get shot of Clement in November. Again, that could've come from anyone granted, but they decided to hold off and give Clement more time. The result of that decision meant that one party was likely to be more right on making the call than the other. If Clement had turned it around the Americans could've turned around to Jenkins and said we got that one right.... But more defeats and a humiliation against Liverpool they were once again realising they got it wrong and Jenkins got it right.

As a result of those two scenarios alone they will now be more likely than ever to start going with some of that advice, especially when they see their investment dropping in value as a result of their awful decision making.

The truth will come out when Jenkins leaves the Club, unless they put pay for some gagging order, and we'll see or hear for ourselves the mistakes they're making. Jenkins tried his best the last time he interviewed to explain some of it but he has to be careful.

At this very moment in time he's our best chance of staying up.

Once this season has passed we can look for someone else, god knows who, but then the time would be right.

Now surely I can't explain all that more clear than I've tried for weeks and months now, and that's not a dig at you, but the fans just aren't grasping the bigger picture, not one bit!!

#Philyerboots on 19:59 - Jan 15 with 1650 viewsbryanwadesquiff

#Philyerboots on 11:04 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

Well you've either got a very poor memory or a selective one.

Any manager that only looks to his old club's is also generally considered to have poor contacts.

Tosh Years
(Liverpool / Cardiff)
Waddle, Callaghan, Smith, Irwin, Giles HITS
Kennedy, Thompson, Hughes MISSES

Sousa Year
(QPR)
Lopez MISS

Brenden Years
(Chelsea / Watford / Reading)
Sinclair, Graham, Siggy HITS
Josh McEachran MISS

Clement Year