Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 72484 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 20:06 - Jan 15 with 2326 viewsJack11

Res - Rodgers had no contacts.......

Apart from his Chelsea youth contacts. Borini - you know, scored in the play off final among other things. Your lack of knowledge is embarrassing. You embarrass yourself every time you post. Can I borrow your brain because I'm building an idiot.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 20:07]
#Philyerboots on 20:07 - Jan 15 with 2316 views3swan

#Philyerboots on 19:55 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

Regardless of trying to interpret their version of trust, they are still going to want to make calls, and that would be the case, more than likely, whoever was Chairman. For example, they were advised to sell Siggy a month before. It was bloody good advice anyone in football could have made

But the businessmen in them decided to go against that advice.

So what do you think may happen as a result of this scenario? They will look back on it and realise they made a massive cock up and listen more next time, that's kinda how that should work,yeah? Makes sense?

Or look at the latest scenario... Jenkins advised them to get shot of Clement in November. Again, that could've come from anyone granted, but they decided to hold off and give Clement more time. The result of that decision meant that one party was likely to be more right on making the call than the other. If Clement had turned it around the Americans could've turned around to Jenkins and said we got that one right.... But more defeats and a humiliation against Liverpool they were once again realising they got it wrong and Jenkins got it right.

As a result of those two scenarios alone they will now be more likely than ever to start going with some of that advice, especially when they see their investment dropping in value as a result of their awful decision making.

The truth will come out when Jenkins leaves the Club, unless they put pay for some gagging order, and we'll see or hear for ourselves the mistakes they're making. Jenkins tried his best the last time he interviewed to explain some of it but he has to be careful.

At this very moment in time he's our best chance of staying up.

Once this season has passed we can look for someone else, god knows who, but then the time would be right.

Now surely I can't explain all that more clear than I've tried for weeks and months now, and that's not a dig at you, but the fans just aren't grasping the bigger picture, not one bit!!

"At this very moment in time he's our best chance of staying up. "

"Once this season has passed we can look for someone else, god knows who, but then the time would be right. "

I understand your views but my thoughts aren't just about post sale. As I said I think he had gone as far as he could in his role.

Once the transfer window is closed what other involvement in decisions will have that has a baring on the team.

He's already stated that he may leave at the end of the season, and if so will have limited input in what happens in the summer

Still nothing to change my mind, start the process at the end of January as a change now will not affect player recruitment in this window

#Philyerboots on 20:09 - Jan 15 with 2305 viewsTheResurrection

A full list of Rodgers signings - now come on, how many of these do you think were his and his only?

I rest my case

Scott Sinclair Chelsea

Yves Ma-Kalambay (Out of contract)

Kemy Agustien (OOC)

Luke Moore West Brom

Leon Britton Sheff Utd

Ryan Harley Free

Frank Nouble West Ham

Marvin Emnes Boro

David Edgar Burnley

Jermaine Easter (MK Dons)

Fabio Borini (Chelsea)

Tamas Priskin (Ipswich)

Michel Vorm Utrecht

Danny Graham Watford

Wayne Routledge Newcastle

Leroy Lita Boro

Fede Bessone Leeds

Jose Moeira Benfica

Darnel Situ Lens

Gerhard Tremmel(OOC

Curtis Obeng Wrexham

Rory Donnelly Cliftonville

Vaneglis Moras OOC

Steven Caulker Spurs

Josh McEachran Chelsea

Gylfi Sigurdsson(Hoffenheim

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 20:10 - Jan 15 with 2295 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 20:06 - Jan 15 by Jack11

Apart from his Chelsea youth contacts. Borini - you know, scored in the play off final among other things. Your lack of knowledge is embarrassing. You embarrass yourself every time you post. Can I borrow your brain because I'm building an idiot.

See his full list of signings thickkunt

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

#Philyerboots on 20:10 - Jan 15 with 2294 viewsJack11

#Philyerboots on 20:09 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

A full list of Rodgers signings - now come on, how many of these do you think were his and his only?

I rest my case

Scott Sinclair Chelsea

Kemy Agustien (OOC)

Luke Moore West Brom

Leon Britton Sheff Utd

Ryan Harley Free

Frank Nouble West Ham

Marvin Emnes Boro

David Edgar Burnley

Fabio Borini (Chelsea)

Tamas Priskin (Ipswich)

Michel Vorm Utrecht

Danny Graham Watford

Leroy Lita Boro

Fede Bessone Leeds

Jose Moeira Benfica

Darnel Situ Lens

Gerhard Tremmel(OOC

Curtis Obeng Wrexham

Vaneglis Moras OOC

Steven Caulker Spurs

Josh McEachran Chelsea

Siggy, Scott and Borini. The ones that had a major impact.
#Philyerboots on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 2284 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 20:07 - Jan 15 by 3swan

"At this very moment in time he's our best chance of staying up. "

"Once this season has passed we can look for someone else, god knows who, but then the time would be right. "

I understand your views but my thoughts aren't just about post sale. As I said I think he had gone as far as he could in his role.

Once the transfer window is closed what other involvement in decisions will have that has a baring on the team.

He's already stated that he may leave at the end of the season, and if so will have limited input in what happens in the summer

Still nothing to change my mind, start the process at the end of January as a change now will not affect player recruitment in this window

There's an argument for that but who knows what can crop up in the day to day running of a football club. None of us do, do we....

He's on his way anyway so there's no point in all this, we've got bigger things to worry about,

#Philyerboots on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 2276 views3swan

#Philyerboots on 20:11 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

There's an argument for that but who knows what can crop up in the day to day running of a football club. None of us do, do we....

He's on his way anyway so there's no point in all this, we've got bigger things to worry about,

Nice to chat

We nearly got close to agreeing in the end
#Philyerboots on 20:15 - Jan 15 with 2271 views3swan

I rest my case

Scott Sinclair Chelsea

Kemy Agustien (OOC)

Luke Moore West Brom

Leon Britton Sheff Utd

Ryan Harley Free

Frank Nouble West Ham

Marvin Emnes Boro

David Edgar Burnley

Fabio Borini (Chelsea)

Tamas Priskin (Ipswich)

Michel Vorm Utrecht

Danny Graham Watford

Leroy Lita Boro

Fede Bessone Leeds

Jose Moeira Benfica

Darnel Situ Lens

Gerhard Tremmel(OOC

Curtis Obeng Wrexham

Vaneglis Moras OOC

Steven Caulker Spurs

Josh McEachran Chelsea

Vaneglis Moras

Glad you posted that as I was talking about him yesterday but couldn't remember his name.

Came on at Wolves away when I think we were 2-0 up and his mistakes nearly cost us the game. Think it ended up 2-2
Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 20:17 - Jan 15 with 2266 viewsjack247

#Philyerboots on 20:11 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

If he came out and said he was off in the summer regardless, I’m sure it would all die down pretty quickly.
#Philyerboots on 20:19 - Jan 15 with 2254 viewswaynekerr55

#Philyerboots on 20:15 - Jan 15 by 3swan

Vaneglis Moras

Glad you posted that as I was talking about him yesterday but couldn't remember his name.

Came on at Wolves away when I think we were 2-0 up and his mistakes nearly cost us the game. Think it ended up 2-2

The big mistake was taking Britts off... That and us missing about 4000 chances before that toad O'Hara equalised.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

#Philyerboots on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 2239 views3swan

#Philyerboots on 20:19 - Jan 15 by waynekerr55

The big mistake was taking Britts off... That and us missing about 4000 chances before that toad O'Hara equalised.

All a bit of a blur now, but it was a case of game won let's just set up a wall and see the game out.

Big backfire
#Philyerboots on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 2237 viewsWarwickHunt

#Philyerboots on 10:35 - Jan 15 by MoscowJack

There was a report about a year or so ago about ML's royal crown being eroded by corruption that he and his agent were involved in.

The journo actually mentioned deals involving us, I think.

Here's one article about the "death of his status" as ambassador:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once

Fûck all there, Nick. Fûck all.
#Philyerboots on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 2231 viewsE20Jack

#Philyerboots on 20:06 - Jan 15 by Jack11

Borini did not score in the play off final actually.

Just saying.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

#Philyerboots on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 2216 viewsPozuelosSideys

#Philyerboots on 20:23 - Jan 15 by E20Jack

Just saying.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

#Philyerboots on 20:30 - Jan 15 with 2196 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 20:23 - Jan 15 by E20Jack

Just saying.

What a time for him to start spouting off that shit with thick as fack misinformation as that.

Clown

#Philyerboots on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 2145 viewsswan65split

I rest my case

Scott Sinclair Chelsea

Kemy Agustien (OOC)

Luke Moore West Brom

Leon Britton Sheff Utd

Ryan Harley Free

Frank Nouble West Ham

Marvin Emnes Boro

David Edgar Burnley

Fabio Borini (Chelsea)

Tamas Priskin (Ipswich)

Michel Vorm Utrecht

Danny Graham Watford

Leroy Lita Boro

Fede Bessone Leeds

Jose Moeira Benfica

Darnel Situ Lens

Gerhard Tremmel(OOC

Curtis Obeng Wrexham

Vaneglis Moras OOC

Steven Caulker Spurs

Josh McEachran Chelsea

a lot of wasted money in that list by someone.

I rest my case

Just saying like
#Philyerboots on 20:53 - Jan 15 with 2123 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 20:47 - Jan 15 by swan65split

a lot of wasted money in that list by someone.

I rest my case

Just saying like

Well that just goes to show doesn't it....

Nothing's really changed from then, but obviously apart from one major factor, which I've been trying to drum into everyone'for months.....

The manager....!!!

#Philyerboots on 21:12 - Jan 15 with 2071 viewsswan65split

#Philyerboots on 20:53 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

Nothing's really changed from then, but obviously apart from one major factor, which I've been trying to drum into everyone'for months.....

The manager....!!!

or the scouting/buying team
#Philyerboots on 22:06 - Jan 15 with 1998 viewsjasfan

#Philyerboots on 20:53 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

The manager....!!!

I think in the following cases and periods in post the manager and his recruitment team were almost exclusively responsible for identifying the great majority of players to be signed by the club: Bryan Flynn, Kevin Reeves, Roberto Martinez, Martinez snr, Graeme Jones, Michael Laudrup and Bayram Tumultu.

After ML I think it became more balanced where the manager would identify the key players he wanted and an agency in London, or the recruitment team would source the rest. The manager possibly still having the final say on the latter.

That approach has faltered recently. Having a lot of managers in a short space of time, especially those who weren't in a strong position to or wouldn't demand certain players certainly hasn't helped matters.

In trying to assess the standard of the recruitment process at the Club without the influence of the manager, I think the period when Paulo Sousa was in charge is quite informative. Then we had the likes of Craig Beattie £1.9m, David Cotterill £600k, Shefki Kuqi, Lee Trundle on loan, Cedric van der Gun, David Edgar on loan etc. We can all judge how successful they were for the club in that period and afterwards.

A lot of the players listed during Brendan Rogers time were really just squad players and wouldn't have been seen as the priority or key signings to the manager. The more significant ones such as Sinclair, Borini, Siggy, Graham etc. all had links or were well known to BR.
#Philyerboots on 23:02 - Jan 15 with 1923 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 22:06 - Jan 15 by jasfan

I think in the following cases and periods in post the manager and his recruitment team were almost exclusively responsible for identifying the great majority of players to be signed by the club: Bryan Flynn, Kevin Reeves, Roberto Martinez, Martinez snr, Graeme Jones, Michael Laudrup and Bayram Tumultu.

After ML I think it became more balanced where the manager would identify the key players he wanted and an agency in London, or the recruitment team would source the rest. The manager possibly still having the final say on the latter.

That approach has faltered recently. Having a lot of managers in a short space of time, especially those who weren't in a strong position to or wouldn't demand certain players certainly hasn't helped matters.

In trying to assess the standard of the recruitment process at the Club without the influence of the manager, I think the period when Paulo Sousa was in charge is quite informative. Then we had the likes of Craig Beattie £1.9m, David Cotterill £600k, Shefki Kuqi, Lee Trundle on loan, Cedric van der Gun, David Edgar on loan etc. We can all judge how successful they were for the club in that period and afterwards.

A lot of the players listed during Brendan Rogers time were really just squad players and wouldn't have been seen as the priority or key signings to the manager. The more significant ones such as Sinclair, Borini, Siggy, Graham etc. all had links or were well known to BR.

Great post, at last some sensible to talk a bit of football with.

You can add Caulker and Routs to that list as well, but that's still 6 out of what, 26 was it?

And you're dead right in your summary of which managers had more influence in transfers than others. They all have some kind of say but they've all relied on our recruitment department and scouting.

The ultimate main aim for our Club should be getting the manager right and the rest will follow. We have proof of that, even with the exact same recruitment policy we have now.

Monk got a reaction but ultimately started our slide - not Jenkins. Jenkins backed him as in fairness he did get an 8th place finish.

We had the chance to replace Monk with a return to the old but we were in trouble again, nothing like we are now, but it felt like trouble at the time. In came Guidolin who could've been used a real stepping stone for us to properly plan for a return to old. We were close apparently with Rodgers - a mistake you can really land on Jenkins door, as you can with Joe Allen, but we messed up there.

You also can't blame him for Clement as in fairness, most of us, if not all, thought we were on to a good thing with him. Those fist pumps at the East stand last season after wins... Long time ago now.

So the Guido contract was Jenkins last real mistake as then the Americans took over and we went from the ridiculous to the sublime and now back to the ridiculous.

They really need to take a huge slice of the blame for this season - no one else - them!!

#Philyerboots on 23:04 - Jan 15 with 1917 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 21:12 - Jan 15 by swan65split

or the scouting/buying team

Well, no... that's not changed

That's the point.

#Philyerboots on 00:00 - Jan 16 with 1872 viewstheloneranger

#Philyerboots on 20:22 - Jan 15 by WarwickHunt

Fûck all there, Nick. Fûck all.

Pinnochio complained that Tutumlu made €4.37M from the transfer deals....

Yet he happily paid £4.3M in agents fees last season for the Sh*te he signed as DoF!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

#Philyerboots on 08:49 - Jan 16 with 1713 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 00:00 - Jan 16 by theloneranger

Pinnochio complained that Tutumlu made €4.37M from the transfer deals....

Yet he happily paid £4.3M in agents fees last season for the Sh*te he signed as DoF!!

He wanted a cut in selling all our players, the ones that were already there as well.

#Philyerboots on 09:00 - Jan 16 with 1693 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 08:49 - Jan 16 by TheResurrection

He wanted a cut in selling all our players, the ones that were already there as well.

As mad as that was, we were even paying his agent €470,000 to keep ML at the club! That's on top of the wages paid to ML to keep him at the club and the agent fee to get ML to come to the club! Incredible.

These are the two things that stood out for me:

"On other occasions, Tutumlu went directly to the players themselves, and when Swansea signed Pablo Hernández in 2012, the Spaniard signed a deal where he would give a part of his monthly salary to Tutumlu if it reached a certain level. Politiken reported that Tutumlu had a personal interest in at least SEVEN of Swansea’s signings during Laudrup’s time with the club."

"When Laudrup extended his contract with Swansea, Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of ALL transfer income, while the club was also obligated to pay him €470,000 per year to keep Laudrup at the club."

That's just mental.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

#Philyerboots on 09:17 - Jan 16 with 1667 viewsPrivate_Partz

#Philyerboots on 09:00 - Jan 16 by MoscowJack

As mad as that was, we were even paying his agent €470,000 to keep ML at the club! That's on top of the wages paid to ML to keep him at the club and the agent fee to get ML to come to the club! Incredible.

These are the two things that stood out for me:

"On other occasions, Tutumlu went directly to the players themselves, and when Swansea signed Pablo Hernández in 2012, the Spaniard signed a deal where he would give a part of his monthly salary to Tutumlu if it reached a certain level. Politiken reported that Tutumlu had a personal interest in at least SEVEN of Swansea’s signings during Laudrup’s time with the club."

"When Laudrup extended his contract with Swansea, Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of ALL transfer income, while the club was also obligated to pay him €470,000 per year to keep Laudrup at the club."

That's just mental.

And the sums equate to what Jenkins his currently paying himself and Pearlman's salary.
I am a massive supporter of ML but it appears the one mistake his team made was not stating clearly their method of operation.
It is the end result that matters for me. The club were running at a profit and we had a far, far better team than we have now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024