Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 72531 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 09:25 - Jan 16 with 2954 viewsWarwickHunt

#Philyerboots on 09:00 - Jan 16 by MoscowJack

As mad as that was, we were even paying his agent €470,000 to keep ML at the club! That's on top of the wages paid to ML to keep him at the club and the agent fee to get ML to come to the club! Incredible.

These are the two things that stood out for me:

"On other occasions, Tutumlu went directly to the players themselves, and when Swansea signed Pablo Hernández in 2012, the Spaniard signed a deal where he would give a part of his monthly salary to Tutumlu if it reached a certain level. Politiken reported that Tutumlu had a personal interest in at least SEVEN of Swansea’s signings during Laudrup’s time with the club."

"When Laudrup extended his contract with Swansea, Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of ALL transfer income, while the club was also obligated to pay him €470,000 per year to keep Laudrup at the club."

That's just mental.

"Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of ALL transfer income"

If it's true, then whoever agreed to that is a fûcking moron.
#Philyerboots on 09:30 - Jan 16 with 2937 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 09:00 - Jan 16 by MoscowJack

As mad as that was, we were even paying his agent €470,000 to keep ML at the club! That's on top of the wages paid to ML to keep him at the club and the agent fee to get ML to come to the club! Incredible.

These are the two things that stood out for me:

"On other occasions, Tutumlu went directly to the players themselves, and when Swansea signed Pablo Hernández in 2012, the Spaniard signed a deal where he would give a part of his monthly salary to Tutumlu if it reached a certain level. Politiken reported that Tutumlu had a personal interest in at least SEVEN of Swansea’s signings during Laudrup’s time with the club."

"When Laudrup extended his contract with Swansea, Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of ALL transfer income, while the club was also obligated to pay him €470,000 per year to keep Laudrup at the club."

That's just mental.

Mental in a way yes but as always it's the wider picture that counts. It was a golden period in our history for a reason. Laudrup ...world class footballer respected all over the planet. Jenkins....local roofer respected nowhere. I know who I'd prefer.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

#Philyerboots on 09:47 - Jan 16 with 2907 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 09:30 - Jan 16 by swancity

Mental in a way yes but as always it's the wider picture that counts. It was a golden period in our history for a reason. Laudrup ...world class footballer respected all over the planet. Jenkins....local roofer respected nowhere. I know who I'd prefer.

Totally agree - it was our golden era and unforgettable, but it came at a price.

Paying those sorts of fees on top of players having to inflate their own wages in order to pay ML's agent who's getting paid for bring ML into the club AND keeping him there, just isn't sustainable.

As a short, sharp fix it could work, but there's no way that it's sustainable longer-term.

Also, it fits into the rumours of ML's agent touting Ash around to all and sundry. Had the club been desperate to sell him, it would be fine, but we weren't at the time. ML's agent was making 7.5% of every penny of transfer activity so he would make 7.5% on selling Ash (who's not paying him a monthly backhander) and get paid an agent's fee for the club a new centre half (who would pay him a backhander). This just inflates salaries even further. It's sick and it's totally wrong. It just can't work long-term.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

#Philyerboots on 09:56 - Jan 16 with 2889 viewsPawelAbbott

#Philyerboots on 09:47 - Jan 16 by MoscowJack

Totally agree - it was our golden era and unforgettable, but it came at a price.

Paying those sorts of fees on top of players having to inflate their own wages in order to pay ML's agent who's getting paid for bring ML into the club AND keeping him there, just isn't sustainable.

As a short, sharp fix it could work, but there's no way that it's sustainable longer-term.

Also, it fits into the rumours of ML's agent touting Ash around to all and sundry. Had the club been desperate to sell him, it would be fine, but we weren't at the time. ML's agent was making 7.5% of every penny of transfer activity so he would make 7.5% on selling Ash (who's not paying him a monthly backhander) and get paid an agent's fee for the club a new centre half (who would pay him a backhander). This just inflates salaries even further. It's sick and it's totally wrong. It just can't work long-term.

Why was that contract ever agreed to?
Even if he had just won us the Champions League it would still be a ridiculous price to pay to keep him.
What was the Trusts stand point on this?
#Philyerboots on 10:01 - Jan 16 with 2876 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 09:56 - Jan 16 by PawelAbbott

Why was that contract ever agreed to?
Even if he had just won us the Champions League it would still be a ridiculous price to pay to keep him.
What was the Trusts stand point on this?

Yes, it was. Incredibly, it was paid to ML's agent.

No wonder we had such a turnover of players that season.

No wonder ML wanted lots of new players in the summer before he left.

No wonder there was a falling out between HJ and ML.

I'm not protecting Jenkins here, by the way. He was the nutter that agreed to this deal and signed it off!

It was worth it for one incredible year (possibly even worth it for the first half of the West Brom game alone) but we would have been bankrupt very, very quickly with this model. I'm sure it was the start of our financial woes and I'm not surprised.

#Philyerboots on 10:04 - Jan 16 with 2873 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think Michu was being touted around as well. I am sure this was being fine with ML's approval. Something I disagreed with at the time, but hindsight eh?
I draw comparisons with Beilsa. A huge some paid up front and he appoints his team and pays them himself.
With ML he had is contract and Tutumulu got his pay days from the wheeling and dealing. No deals would have gone through without ML's approval imho.
Both scenarios are just about fine with me as the bargains that could be uncovered, plus the pulling power of a big name manager, more than make of the short comings.
If is far better than the system where we currently appear to be paying out masses to support an incompetent DOF and hungry Hedge Funders.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

#Philyerboots on 10:11 - Jan 16 with 2860 viewsdameedna

I believe it was a board decision to take out ML and Tutu replacinf with Monk and hopefully increasing
dividends and salaries. It nearly came off with an 8th place finish. Then plan to sell shares with good earnings ratios. Which seems to have worked despite a few years of decline.
#Philyerboots on 10:18 - Jan 16 with 2847 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 10:04 - Jan 16 by Private_Partz

I think Michu was being touted around as well. I am sure this was being fine with ML's approval. Something I disagreed with at the time, but hindsight eh?
I draw comparisons with Beilsa. A huge some paid up front and he appoints his team and pays them himself.
With ML he had is contract and Tutumulu got his pay days from the wheeling and dealing. No deals would have gone through without ML's approval imho.
Both scenarios are just about fine with me as the bargains that could be uncovered, plus the pulling power of a big name manager, more than make of the short comings.
If is far better than the system where we currently appear to be paying out masses to support an incompetent DOF and hungry Hedge Funders.

I agree to some extent as it at least worked on the pitch, but for how long? I am pretty sure that our wage bill flew up when ML and his agent were in charge.

I think the idea of plucking "unknowns" like Michu and trading them off for enormous sums made sense, but (from my understanding) the cost of the "unknowns" was increasing drastically and therefore the returns then didn't make sense.

You mentioned hindsight which I think is important as we could say that even those expensive unknowns might have still been a lot better value-for-money than the ones we ended up signing like Baston, Mesa, Clucas, etc.

I suppose the ML and agent model would or could have worked had the Chairman been in total control of which players were touted out for sale and which ones weren't. ML's agent thought he was in control and that's obviously not right. All any agent would do is maximise his income, with no thought to the financial stability of the club, or the on-field stability too.

I wasn't aware of the Beilsa model either - it sounds absolutely bizarre.

Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 10:28 - Jan 16 with 2820 viewsWarwickHunt

#Philyerboots on 10:18 - Jan 16 by MoscowJack

I agree to some extent as it at least worked on the pitch, but for how long? I am pretty sure that our wage bill flew up when ML and his agent were in charge.

I think the idea of plucking "unknowns" like Michu and trading them off for enormous sums made sense, but (from my understanding) the cost of the "unknowns" was increasing drastically and therefore the returns then didn't make sense.

You mentioned hindsight which I think is important as we could say that even those expensive unknowns might have still been a lot better value-for-money than the ones we ended up signing like Baston, Mesa, Clucas, etc.

I suppose the ML and agent model would or could have worked had the Chairman been in total control of which players were touted out for sale and which ones weren't. ML's agent thought he was in control and that's obviously not right. All any agent would do is maximise his income, with no thought to the financial stability of the club, or the on-field stability too.

I wasn't aware of the Beilsa model either - it sounds absolutely bizarre.

I don't think Bielsa actually paid his staff. They would have been part of the package though - pretty standard stuff I'd have thought but I don't think the crazy bastard was much of a compromiser...

Whatever it was, it's looking pretty cheap now.
#Philyerboots on 10:36 - Jan 16 with 2802 viewsswancity

It's certainly sustainable if the quality of the players being brought in are good enough to allow us to prosper at the Premier League level.

#Philyerboots on 11:00 - Jan 16 with 2766 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 10:36 - Jan 16 by swancity

It's certainly sustainable if the quality of the players being brought in are good enough to allow us to prosper at the Premier League level.

What quality are we actually talking here by the way?

Michu, granted but who else? You could argue a case for Chico and Hernández, although Pablo was a bit hit and miss and Chico had plenty of detractors...

I think you and others are looking back with rosy specs just to continue your agenda, unfairly.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 2763 viewsTheResurrection

Like I've said, it's not all about the players, it's mostly down to the manager.

If Laudrup was here now he'd get more out of the players we have.

Simple as that.

Although he'd do it for about a season and then it would go wrong, that's also been a trait in his career.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

#Philyerboots on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 2660 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 11:00 - Jan 16 by TheResurrection

What quality are we actually talking here by the way?

Michu, granted but who else? You could argue a case for Chico and Hernández, although Pablo was a bit hit and miss and Chico had plenty of detractors...

I think you and others are looking back with rosy specs just to continue your agenda, unfairly.

Not sure what agenda you're referring to but it's news to me

Anyway, from memory only, I'm sure that the likes of Bony, De Guzman, Michu, Hernandez, Pozuelo, Canas , Chico Flores all came here when Laudrup was manager. That's a pretty impressive list albeit Pozuelo and Canas didn't make too much of an impression. All I remember is our Club playing a brand of football that made even the heavyweight clubs jealous. I repeat no agenda just very happy memories.

#Philyerboots on 13:31 - Jan 16 with 2610 viewsswan65split

#Philyerboots on 13:02 - Jan 16 by swancity

Anyway, from memory only, I'm sure that the likes of Bony, De Guzman, Michu, Hernandez, Pozuelo, Canas , Chico Flores all came here when Laudrup was manager. That's a pretty impressive list albeit Pozuelo and Canas didn't make too much of an impression. All I remember is our Club playing a brand of football that made even the heavyweight clubs jealous. I repeat no agenda just very happy memories.

Here Here.................................what is the topic of this unusual long winded lost Post?

time for it to shut.
#Philyerboots on 15:39 - Jan 16 with 2498 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 13:02 - Jan 16 by swancity

OK so I agree with the football aspect of your post and who wouldn't. His first season managing us was our best ever football in our history.

But the signings.

Bony was a club signing, Laudrup wasn't fussed and didn't even bother playing him seriously for many weeks.

Michu, one season and became a legend. Enough said.

De Guzman, loved him, a great signing if you ask me, but loads complained.

The rest, some did a job, some only here and there, some hardly at all. Yeah, they were foreign but you can't really look back at them and say wow, what a success.

So in two years his signings were a real mixed bag. And it's not necessarily the signings you'd look back on as a benchmark of his success. It's more to do with what he brought out of the squad at large and how he got us believing in a style which was to prove successful to us.

But it was only successful for one season

His second season signings did nothing, we were going off a cliff.

So yeah, look back fondly but don't use that era as some sort of blueprint for permanent success, as that would just be folly.

Get the right manager in and Jenkins will be just as he's always been, no more, no less. Blaming him for absolutely everything is pathetic.

#Philyerboots on 15:48 - Jan 16 with 2481 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 15:39 - Jan 16 by TheResurrection

OK so I agree with the football aspect of your post and who wouldn't. His first season managing us was our best ever football in our history.

But the signings.

Bony was a club signing, Laudrup wasn't fussed and didn't even bother playing him seriously for many weeks.

Michu, one season and became a legend. Enough said.

De Guzman, loved him, a great signing if you ask me, but loads complained.

The rest, some did a job, some only here and there, some hardly at all. Yeah, they were foreign but you can't really look back at them and say wow, what a success.

So in two years his signings were a real mixed bag. And it's not necessarily the signings you'd look back on as a benchmark of his success. It's more to do with what he brought out of the squad at large and how he got us believing in a style which was to prove successful to us.

But it was only successful for one season

His second season signings did nothing, we were going off a cliff.

So yeah, look back fondly but don't use that era as some sort of blueprint for permanent success, as that would just be folly.

Get the right manager in and Jenkins will be just as he's always been, no more, no less. Blaming him for absolutely everything is pathetic.

Hi mate lots of waffle in there TBH but your last sentence is a strange one. What exactly do you mean re Jenkins ?

By the way take a look at our starting eleven at Valencia. Canas Pozuelo Bony Michu Tiendalli Amat to name but a few.

#Philyerboots on 15:55 - Jan 16 with 2471 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 15:48 - Jan 16 by swancity

Hi mate lots of waffle in there TBH but your last sentence is a strange one. What exactly do you mean re Jenkins ?

By the way take a look at our starting eleven at Valencia. Canas Pozuelo Bony Michu Tiendalli Amat to name but a few.

Yes and what a day that was, but, they were in a complete mess when we played them.

No waffle, just the facts about where we were then and how we could be close to that again.

It's all down to the manager. Jenkins just helps things along here and there.

#Philyerboots on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 2451 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 15:55 - Jan 16 by TheResurrection

Yes and what a day that was, but, they were in a complete mess when we played them.

No waffle, just the facts about where we were then and how we could be close to that again.

It's all down to the manager. Jenkins just helps things along here and there.

Your last sentence. Yes it should be like that. But it hasn't been. Jenkins getting too involved with things. He just needs to fook off now so we can regroup. He's history and not needed. Until the court case.

#Philyerboots on 17:43 - Jan 16 with 2391 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 16:13 - Jan 16 by swancity

Your last sentence. Yes it should be like that. But it hasn't been. Jenkins getting too involved with things. He just needs to fook off now so we can regroup. He's history and not needed. Until the court case.

It's up to the manager to show his worth and have a plan.

This is why getting the right one is THE most important one thing we could do.

#Philyerboots on 17:54 - Jan 16 with 2364 viewsCooperman

#Philyerboots on 17:43 - Jan 16 by TheResurrection

It's up to the manager to show his worth and have a plan.

This is why getting the right one is THE most important one thing we could do.

Do you think we have got the right one?

If so how much of his plan do you believe he will be allowed to implement?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

#Philyerboots on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 2345 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 17:54 - Jan 16 by Cooperman

Do you think we have got the right one?

If so how much of his plan do you believe he will be allowed to implement?

No I don't.

But what he is, hopefully, is a tonic until the end of the season.

We should be planning now for ythe Summer

#Philyerboots on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 2325 viewsGowerjack

#Philyerboots on 09:25 - Jan 16 by WarwickHunt

"Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of ALL transfer income"

If it's true, then whoever agreed to that is a fûcking moron.

Aye.

Wonder who it was?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

#Philyerboots on 20:14 - Jan 16 with 2246 views34dfgdf54

#Philyerboots on 10:04 - Jan 16 by Private_Partz

Not sure if Michu was being banded about, but I spoke to a Cardiff City director, in the summer after Laudrups first season through work, he told Man Utd had made a £25mill offer for Michu that day and we had rejected it.

Has no relevance to this thread really, just thought I’d share.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 20:15]
#Philyerboots on 20:35 - Jan 16 with 2222 viewswaynekerr55

#Philyerboots on 18:37 - Jan 16 by Gowerjack

Aye.

Wonder who it was?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

#Philyerboots on 20:40 - Jan 16 with 2212 viewsJoe_bradshaw

#Philyerboots on 20:35 - Jan 16 by waynekerr55

Huw Jenkins wearing one of Darran's shirts there.

Looks better on him to be fair.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024