Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea 12:21 - Jan 12 with 12664 viewsWingstandwood

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/laudrup-swansea-city-1

One answer that f#cking pr1ck Jenkins i.e. impostor chairman and impostor D.o.F!!!!!

Argus!

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 2473 viewsharryhpalmer

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 11:34 - Jan 13 by swans11

we was 12th in the league just looked it up as couldn't believe we was as high as 9th. we had just lost 6 of the last 8 games and was just 2 points outside the relegation zone. I was at that west ham game and it was terrible genuinely believe we would have gone down the way we was playing something had to change much like this year but this season we waited far too long

I was at that game, and I was convinced he had to go, because the players were clueless in that game, and he was doing nothing to change it, apart from stick Ngog on.

But knowing now what was going on behind the scenes, it's more obvious he was probably resigned to his fate.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 13:11 - Jan 13 with 2426 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 12:39 - Jan 13 by harryhpalmer

I was at that game, and I was convinced he had to go, because the players were clueless in that game, and he was doing nothing to change it, apart from stick Ngog on.

But knowing now what was going on behind the scenes, it's more obvious he was probably resigned to his fate.

Ah Ngog....forgotten to add that Jenkins started signing players for ML as well as part of the process to try and get him to walk without paying compo. You can add banning Tutumulu from the club as well. I remember that guy calling Jenkins a liar as a result, and it going unchallenged....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 13:21 - Jan 13 with 2407 viewsFerrieBodde

For all the people who say Laudrup lost interest, answer me this. How could you possibly not lose interest if the club and its chairman were doing everything in their power to undermine you? Jenkins not only refused to sign any of his transfer targets, but even forced Emnes and N'Gog on him despite the fact that he made it crystal clear he wanted neither of them. But it wasn't just player personnel that was being shoved down his throat. Let's not forget Jenkins also forced him to take Garry Monk as an assistant manager. Imagine being manager and not even even having the authority to pick your own staff.

The club were doing everything in it's power to prevent Laudrup from properly doing his job and make him resign. Simple as that. I'm sure most people in his shoes would have resigned.
Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 2394 viewswaynekerr55

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 11:28 - Jan 13 by FerrieBodde

12th in the league, still in the FA Cup, and still in Europe. And somehow Laudrup got sacked.

Enter Garry Monk, who promptly gets us knocked out both in the Cup and in Europe by the first opponent he sees in both those competitions, and we end up finishing the same place as Laudrup was in when he was sacked: 12th. Forget what happened afterward and the complete destruction of our playing identity and ethos, one that Martinez, Rodgers, and Laudrup had worked so hard to build and maintain. Even in the realm of that season it wasn't worth sacking him.

Laudrup did the best he could in his final season with us. The stuff about him losing interest is absolute rubbish. It was the injuries that absolutely decimated our squad. Look at all the fvcking injuries he had to deal with that year:

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/40/swansea_city_inj
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 11:38]

A large number of those injuries could have been prevented by not running the players into the ground during pre season. But yes, we know the one constant who's overseen our downfall.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 15:39 - Jan 13 with 2335 viewsUplandsJack

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 11:11 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2018/01/12/the-day-the-swansea-way-went-south/

Couldn’t have put it any better

Yeah great read that....

Thinking further, would the yanks possibly consider Laudrup as DOF if they were to force HJ out or he was to quit?
Just a thought, as I've read a few ask who could /would replace Jenkins...
Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 16:51 - Jan 13 with 2279 viewsLoyal

Laudrup still has an axe to grind with Jenkins.
Not surprising. It was from his sacking the club never recovered.
It's clear now Jenkins didn't like the limelight being taken away.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 17:01 - Jan 13 with 2250 viewsmonmouth

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 16:51 - Jan 13 by Loyal

Laudrup still has an axe to grind with Jenkins.
Not surprising. It was from his sacking the club never recovered.
It's clear now Jenkins didn't like the limelight being taken away.

Jenkins is strictly a small time control freak that is terrified of any kind of bigger thinking. That was ok up to a point, but Laudrup’s more expansive vision was the critical point. We flinched, Jenkins shat his pants and acted like the megalomaniac failure he is and we diminished. He got his gong off the back of Laudrup and the Trust and he and his cronies, let’s not forget, knifed both in the back. He, and they are utterly to blame for where we are. But never mind eh, they are rich.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 22:25 - Jan 13 with 2126 viewsKerouac

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 11:11 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Great article.

My only quibble with it is the suggestion that it is only possible to understand what happened "in hindsight"

On another forum (Not606) I was saying all this in the weeks and months running up to his sacking and wrote on the day of his sacking ;

"in a decade from now, when you are on your summer hols and you are talking football with a fan of another club, you will be asked "where did it all go wrong for you lot?"...and you will tell them about what has happened today"

It amuses me to see the volume of fans that accept this fact now. It wasn't like that at the time.
Plenty of dull as f*ck happy clappers who thought the sun shone out of Jenkins/Monk/Tate etc.'s arse who tried to shout down people like me...they were in the majority.

What occurred, and the manner that it was done, and what followed TAINTED this club.
Left a shameful stain.

It also exposed the lie that we were "different".

So much self-inflicted damage.
I know it's only football and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it does make me sad.
I was a believer in our so called principles.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 22:26]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 22:41 - Jan 13 with 2107 viewsLoyal

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 22:25 - Jan 13 by Kerouac

Great article.

My only quibble with it is the suggestion that it is only possible to understand what happened "in hindsight"

On another forum (Not606) I was saying all this in the weeks and months running up to his sacking and wrote on the day of his sacking ;

"in a decade from now, when you are on your summer hols and you are talking football with a fan of another club, you will be asked "where did it all go wrong for you lot?"...and you will tell them about what has happened today"

It amuses me to see the volume of fans that accept this fact now. It wasn't like that at the time.
Plenty of dull as f*ck happy clappers who thought the sun shone out of Jenkins/Monk/Tate etc.'s arse who tried to shout down people like me...they were in the majority.

What occurred, and the manner that it was done, and what followed TAINTED this club.
Left a shameful stain.

I know it's only football and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it does make me sad.

This is the problem with most fans. Can't take the truth even when its obvious.
Same happened when this idiots employed Hollins and all the shit that came after.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 22:57 - Jan 13 with 2093 viewsJack59

Yes absolutely right, except I can't imagine HJ doing it alone without a little nudge from MM.
Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 23:00 - Jan 13 with 2091 viewsjasfan

How many of this season's summer signings can be rated as an unqualified success or to have genuinely improved the quality of the team?

Sam Clucas
Wilfried Bony
Roque Mesa
Tammy Abraham

ML brings in the following:
Michu
Chico
Jonathan Deguzman
Pablo Hernandez

How many of those signings can be rated as an unqualified success or to have genuinely improved the quality of the team?

Says it all really.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 23:04]
Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 13:13 - Jan 14 with 1978 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup questions why problems keep happening 'repeatedly' at Swansea on 22:25 - Jan 13 by Kerouac

Great article.

Left a shameful stain.

Great article indeed.
I felt the same at the time but the 'In Huw we trust' brigade were having none of it.
Having said that I sang ' we love our Chairman' from the terraces of the Valencia ground at the end of the match. Little did we know that those chants, and the gong from the Queen,
would contribute to turning our hero into the self serving egomaniac of today.
I was also dead against selling Michu and Ash the time it was allegedly being suggested from the Laudrup camp.
Nothing warranted his sacking though and your quote was very perceptive and oh so true.
I believe we are miles apart on the politics side but I am fully with you on the footy one.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 13:15]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024