Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan 22:43 - Jan 12 with 3039 viewsParsSwans

Apparently we bid for him plays for their B team and gets on their bench now and again but Southampton interested and looks likely will go to them.
Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 22:47 - Jan 12 with 3010 viewsPozuelosSideys

Very, very good player. Well, he used to be at least when he was at Benfica. Not sure what hes like these days mind. Would be worth a punt as an AMC.

Doubt we would get him tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 22:51 - Jan 12 with 2980 viewsBanosswan

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 22:47 - Jan 12 by PozuelosSideys

Very, very good player. Well, he used to be at least when he was at Benfica. Not sure what hes like these days mind. Would be worth a punt as an AMC.

Doubt we would get him tho

Just like the last Athletico fringe player we bought...

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan (n/t) on 22:51 - Jan 12 with 2974 viewsBobby_Fischer

So very very good he struggles in the B team.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 22:52]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan (n/t) on 23:00 - Jan 12 with 2931 viewsPozuelosSideys

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan (n/t) on 22:51 - Jan 12 by Bobby_Fischer

So very very good he struggles in the B team.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 22:52]

Yet made 23 appearences for Atletico last season and 6 this season. Not exactly Matt Grimes is he

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 23:23 - Jan 12 with 2843 viewsmagicdaps10

He has been offered to Swansea but we have not responded to the offer.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 23:25 - Jan 12 with 2833 viewsPozuelosSideys

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 23:23 - Jan 12 by magicdaps10

He has been offered to Swansea but we have not responded to the offer.

A few reasons for that Daps:

- He is on 100k a week
- He transferred to AM last season for 25m euros
- Its a World Cup year for Argie and he aint gonna want to move to the bottom team in the PL
- Southampton, Everton and Watford at least are in for him
- We are fcking shite
- Our owners would rather spend our entire transfer budget on a pack of salt and vinegar instead

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 23:51 - Jan 12 with 2763 viewsdameedna

He is a Marlin. Would swallow our boat.
Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 07:56 - Jan 13 with 2513 viewsmagicdaps10

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 23:25 - Jan 12 by PozuelosSideys

A few reasons for that Daps:

- He is on 100k a week
- He transferred to AM last season for 25m euros
- Its a World Cup year for Argie and he aint gonna want to move to the bottom team in the PL
- Southampton, Everton and Watford at least are in for him
- We are fcking shite
- Our owners would rather spend our entire transfer budget on a pack of salt and vinegar instead

A "No thanks" would suffice then.

Login to get fewer ads

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 08:48 - Jan 13 with 2381 viewsJango

Are people really sticking their nose up to Gaitan? Comical.
Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 09:03 - Jan 13 with 2319 viewsmagicdaps10

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 08:48 - Jan 13 by Jango

Are people really sticking their nose up to Gaitan? Comical.

I would take him in a heartbeat, very gifted player.

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 09:23 - Jan 13 with 2234 viewsMyFinalHeaven

So much fvcking disinformation and rubbish being posted in this thread. I don't normally respond to the bullshit, but I don't want our supporters to get the wrong idea about this guy.

First of all, Gaitan is and has never played for Atletico's B team. He is currently having trouble getting playing time though as a creative playmaker like him just doesn't fit into Simeone's defensive 4-4-2 system. Players of that mold just can't thrive under Simeone and his playing style, as Atletico have discovered in the recent past with Diego and Jose Sosa. It also doesn't help that Gaitan has to compete with world class talent in his position like Koke, Correa, Griezmann, and Carrasco. Pretty much everyone would have trouble getting into a side if those kind of names was their competition.

Gaitan is a class player and a lad who 2 years ago turned down a move to Man United even after a transfer fee was agreed as he wanted to stay in Iberia. He could probably have a foot amputated and still walk into the shower of shit XI we have now. But Marca is reporting that Everton, West Ham, Watford, and Saints are all after him, and there's zero chance that he'd pick us over those clubs.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2018/01/09/5a53e4cbe5fdeaef768

Come on you Swans.

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 10:58 - Jan 13 with 2113 viewsPrivate_Partz

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 09:23 - Jan 13 by MyFinalHeaven

So much fvcking disinformation and rubbish being posted in this thread. I don't normally respond to the bullshit, but I don't want our supporters to get the wrong idea about this guy.

First of all, Gaitan is and has never played for Atletico's B team. He is currently having trouble getting playing time though as a creative playmaker like him just doesn't fit into Simeone's defensive 4-4-2 system. Players of that mold just can't thrive under Simeone and his playing style, as Atletico have discovered in the recent past with Diego and Jose Sosa. It also doesn't help that Gaitan has to compete with world class talent in his position like Koke, Correa, Griezmann, and Carrasco. Pretty much everyone would have trouble getting into a side if those kind of names was their competition.

Gaitan is a class player and a lad who 2 years ago turned down a move to Man United even after a transfer fee was agreed as he wanted to stay in Iberia. He could probably have a foot amputated and still walk into the shower of shit XI we have now. But Marca is reporting that Everton, West Ham, Watford, and Saints are all after him, and there's zero chance that he'd pick us over those clubs.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2018/01/09/5a53e4cbe5fdeaef768

I bow to your greater experience in the first bitn and agree 100% with your last sentence.
It is all the Jenkins smoke and mirrors. 'Look who we tried to sign ' and 'nobody wanted to play for us'.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 11:01 - Jan 13 with 2097 viewsSwansea93

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 10:58 - Jan 13 by Private_Partz

I bow to your greater experience in the first bitn and agree 100% with your last sentence.
It is all the Jenkins smoke and mirrors. 'Look who we tried to sign ' and 'nobody wanted to play for us'.

Hopefully Fernandez can tempt him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 2054 views34dfgdf54

We’re just not going to get players of that quality in this window, unless we pay silly wages and agree to let them go for nothing if we go down.

I know it’s easier said than done but we needed signings for today, if we lose this one with tough upcoming fixtures not even championship players will fancy it. Too much of a risk.
Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 11:22 - Jan 13 with 2007 viewsjack_lord

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 11:10 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

We’re just not going to get players of that quality in this window, unless we pay silly wages and agree to let them go for nothing if we go down.

I know it’s easier said than done but we needed signings for today, if we lose this one with tough upcoming fixtures not even championship players will fancy it. Too much of a risk.

Definitely needed signings for today. 3 points today would have been fantastic and kept us right in it and give confidence going in to the "unwinnable games". But we did nothing.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 00:18 - Jan 15 with 1567 viewsNirvana

Athletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan on 09:23 - Jan 13 by MyFinalHeaven

Spot on, Final Heaven.

I will add that Gaitan hasn't quite fit in with Atletico because of the reasons you outlined, but he also hasn't played poorly either. Fantastic footballer and would immediately become the best player in our XI.

Never going to happen, though, and this has Jenkins own special brand of bbullsshitt smoke and mirrors all over it. We're either after nobodies because they're cheap or players well out of our league because they'll never come to Swansea.

JENKINS OUT.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024