Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys 19:40 - Jan 13 with 31541 viewsBrynCartwright

This PC bullshit is starting to drive me mad now.

John Humphreys has always advocated equality in journalism and equal pay for equal work.

It is called meritocracy.

Ultimately we will be left with only female presenters on the news, sports, chat shows, sitcoms, weather, stand up, reality shows, because all the guys are too scared to open their mouths in case they are categorised as devious sexist pigs.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:04 - Jan 14 with 1551 viewsexiledclaseboy

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 23:56 - Jan 13 by Humpty

Where does the PC brigade come into it in this case?

I don't think it's got anything to do with PC to think men and women should earn equal pay if they're doing the same job.

Apparently that’s “PC” these days. You dangerous progressive.

Poll: Tory leader

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:09 - Jan 14 with 1547 viewsKerouac

What did he say? (exact quotes please)
and in what context?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:33 - Jan 14 with 1528 viewsHumpty

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:04 - Jan 14 by exiledclaseboy

Apparently that’s “PC” these days. You dangerous progressive.

I know. They'll be talking about ladders next. The anti PC brigade f*cking hate improper ladder use/people telling them how to safely use ladders.

It's almost as if they're f*cking thick.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:39 - Jan 14 with 1521 viewsHumpty

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:09 - Jan 14 by Kerouac

What did he say? (exact quotes please)
and in what context?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/john-humphrys-jon-sopel-

I only googled John Humphrys and it popped straight up before I'd finished typing. You lazy bastard.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:42 - Jan 14 with 1518 viewsacejack3065

From was paid less for the same job based on my gender I wouldn't be f**king laughing.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:45 - Jan 14 with 1516 viewsHumpty

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:42 - Jan 14 by acejack3065

From was paid less for the same job based on my gender I wouldn't be f**king laughing.

I doubt John Humphrys would be as well.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 01:18 - Jan 14 with 1491 viewsKerouac

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:39 - Jan 14 by Humpty

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/john-humphrys-jon-sopel-

I only googled John Humphrys and it popped straight up before I'd finished typing. You lazy bastard.

Yes I'm a lazy bastard...actually I asked you because I thought your response would indicate what it is about what he said that offended you.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 01:58 - Jan 14 with 1479 viewsLoyal

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 19:56 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

It's not PC bullshit though.

It's not a meritocracy if men are continuously paid more than women for doing the same thing.

Humphrys should be sacked. Not least for being bloody dreadful at his job to be frank.

When was he Frank ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 02:05 - Jan 14 with 1474 viewsKerouac

Regardless of Humphries for a moment...this issue of equal pay...

...yes we want equality but it is more complicated than it looks.
I want equality of opportunity, I accept that equality in all areas is not possible.

I heard a caller on a radio phone-in pose this question of the presenter the other day;
"Are we saying that if I employ 2 personal fitness instructors in my gymn , (1 male 1 female) and the male is pulling in far more business than the female ...and he comes to me to ask for a pay rise or he is going down the road to my competitors gymn...that I am not allowed to pay him more than the female?"

It reminded me of my first job.
I worked in an office and performed a vital function of the company, which was in manufacturing.
My immediate superior was female and females dominated in the Accounts department...and crucially payroll.
Pay reviews worked like this. The head of your department negotiated your pay on your behalf.
2nd year in she asks me what I wanted from the pay review, "ball park".
I tell her.
Sharp intake of breath;

"Well Jack (Kerouac ) I will bat your corner but I must say I think you are asking for too much, that is to say it might be a tad unrealistic (what you are asking for) and don't be disappointed if I can't get that much...were you thinking if we go in with a big number I can negotiate? I mean, what you are asking for is more than what I was getting paid starting in MY role, you are only 19!" etc.

I played dumb, "you don't ask you don't get".
She wasn't very impressed, in fact she was visibly bristling.

So she toddles off and comes back about an hour later to tell me that she couldn't quite believe it but he (the owner of the factory) had agreed to my request....she did her best to fake "pleased for you" but was obviously pissed off.

Over the coming weeks there were snide comments from a lady who did payroll who had been there some time and actually said aloud to me that she couldn't believe what I was getting paid compared to her. There were "jokes" among the women as regards a perceived "boys club" (there had been some socials that involved footie and booze where I had been getting on with the owner and some of the older blokes, a good craic, taken under some wings)

What none of these women realised was that in Year 1 I had figured out the name of the game...ie. HELP MAKE THE COMPANY AND THE BOSS MORE MONEY...and had spent year 2 demonstrating to the owner how I was going about doing this as regards, savings in price, more efficient stock control, securing more business and (frankly) fleecing some of our competitors on sales (I realise that last one doesn't make much sense...it is a long boring story)...and I had demonstrated this in black and white, regularly.

What I asked for in the pay review was a fraction of what I was making him.

...now I know that a few will be itching to come back with "but the BBC is funded by public money, it is a public service" etc.
but if you really think about it, consider all factors, it is a grey area and it is not necessarily right that all of their employees with similar sounding job titles should be paid exactly the same.

In my opinion Carrie Grace should have taken the pay rise offered, pushing her up to £180k a year and kept pushing, kept making her case.
I am not sure she should have commented on her colleague's salaries publicly.
...and I think that John Humphries was taking the piss on this because he believed her unwise to do so.

Just my opinion.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:46 - Jan 14 with 1420 viewsBanosswan

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 02:05 - Jan 14 by Kerouac

Regardless of Humphries for a moment...this issue of equal pay...

...yes we want equality but it is more complicated than it looks.
I want equality of opportunity, I accept that equality in all areas is not possible.

I heard a caller on a radio phone-in pose this question of the presenter the other day;
"Are we saying that if I employ 2 personal fitness instructors in my gymn , (1 male 1 female) and the male is pulling in far more business than the female ...and he comes to me to ask for a pay rise or he is going down the road to my competitors gymn...that I am not allowed to pay him more than the female?"

It reminded me of my first job.
I worked in an office and performed a vital function of the company, which was in manufacturing.
My immediate superior was female and females dominated in the Accounts department...and crucially payroll.
Pay reviews worked like this. The head of your department negotiated your pay on your behalf.
2nd year in she asks me what I wanted from the pay review, "ball park".
I tell her.
Sharp intake of breath;

"Well Jack (Kerouac ) I will bat your corner but I must say I think you are asking for too much, that is to say it might be a tad unrealistic (what you are asking for) and don't be disappointed if I can't get that much...were you thinking if we go in with a big number I can negotiate? I mean, what you are asking for is more than what I was getting paid starting in MY role, you are only 19!" etc.

I played dumb, "you don't ask you don't get".
She wasn't very impressed, in fact she was visibly bristling.

So she toddles off and comes back about an hour later to tell me that she couldn't quite believe it but he (the owner of the factory) had agreed to my request....she did her best to fake "pleased for you" but was obviously pissed off.

Over the coming weeks there were snide comments from a lady who did payroll who had been there some time and actually said aloud to me that she couldn't believe what I was getting paid compared to her. There were "jokes" among the women as regards a perceived "boys club" (there had been some socials that involved footie and booze where I had been getting on with the owner and some of the older blokes, a good craic, taken under some wings)

What none of these women realised was that in Year 1 I had figured out the name of the game...ie. HELP MAKE THE COMPANY AND THE BOSS MORE MONEY...and had spent year 2 demonstrating to the owner how I was going about doing this as regards, savings in price, more efficient stock control, securing more business and (frankly) fleecing some of our competitors on sales (I realise that last one doesn't make much sense...it is a long boring story)...and I had demonstrated this in black and white, regularly.

What I asked for in the pay review was a fraction of what I was making him.

...now I know that a few will be itching to come back with "but the BBC is funded by public money, it is a public service" etc.
but if you really think about it, consider all factors, it is a grey area and it is not necessarily right that all of their employees with similar sounding job titles should be paid exactly the same.

In my opinion Carrie Grace should have taken the pay rise offered, pushing her up to £180k a year and kept pushing, kept making her case.
I am not sure she should have commented on her colleague's salaries publicly.
...and I think that John Humphries was taking the piss on this because he believed her unwise to do so.

Just my opinion.

Why does everyone keep talking about Frank?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:53 - Jan 14 with 1416 viewsexiledclaseboy

I do enjoy Kerouac’s life lessons.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:00 - Jan 14 with 1414 viewsItchySphincter

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 23:56 - Jan 13 by Humpty

Where does the PC brigade come into it in this case?

I don't think it's got anything to do with PC to think men and women should earn equal pay if they're doing the same job.

Well said Hupmt.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 1396 viewsLohengrin

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here to try and broaden out the discussion so bear with me...

Football. Take the Swans as an example. You have eleven players on the pitch for us and another five or so on the bench. How many of them are on the same money?

Is equal pay an absolute or do we accept that some are paid more because they are better 'at it'?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:14 - Jan 14 with 1382 viewsWarwickHunt

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:46 - Jan 14 by Banosswan

Why does everyone keep talking about Frank?

Because Ernest has left town.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:56 - Jan 14 with 1362 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:14 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

Because Ernest has left town.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:58 - Jan 14 with 1358 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:45 - Jan 14 by Lohengrin

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here to try and broaden out the discussion so bear with me...

Football. Take the Swans as an example. You have eleven players on the pitch for us and another five or so on the bench. How many of them are on the same money?

Is equal pay an absolute or do we accept that some are paid more because they are better 'at it'?

Should the Man City ladies team all be on £250,000 a week?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:13 - Jan 14 with 1347 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:58 - Jan 14 by Highjack

Should the Man City ladies team all be on £250,000 a week?

In th event of any of them making the actual Man City first XI?

I mean, in this age of triggered absolutes, of universal equality where gender doesn't exist, where to suggest it does is to commit a 'hate crime' isn't the existence of a 'ladies team' some louring hangover from the dark ages where the enforced conformity of a societal straight-jacket meant the making of tea and leg-waxing was imposed on our sisters? Sorry, I meant sister-brother-non aligned comrades?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:23 - Jan 14 with 1332 viewsWingstandwood

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 19:53 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's moved on from PC towards a culture of unfounded victimisation based on individual comments taken out of context and/or withour regard for any other evidence. This seems to be born out of social media.

When I said recently that Germany was not my favourite country my son accused me of being racist! I had to explain that Germany was a nation and not a race and that I was allowed to prefer Italy to Germany if only because of the food and climate.

I also had to explain that the dinner table was not an internet forum and his irrational pre judgement warranted an apology.

Yes, there are bad people and injustices but we should be clear about the balance and depth of evidence before we condemn people.

Argus!

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:26 - Jan 14 with 1328 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:13 - Jan 14 by Lohengrin

In th event of any of them making the actual Man City first XI?

I mean, in this age of triggered absolutes, of universal equality where gender doesn't exist, where to suggest it does is to commit a 'hate crime' isn't the existence of a 'ladies team' some louring hangover from the dark ages where the enforced conformity of a societal straight-jacket meant the making of tea and leg-waxing was imposed on our sisters? Sorry, I meant sister-brother-non aligned comrades?

Gender does exist you massive Genderphobe.

Let me educate you.

We are all on a massive non binary gender spectrum where everyone can be who they want to be, and everyone is completely equal. Unless you identify as a white male. If you do, we will find you, and we will scream incoherently at you.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:33 - Jan 14 with 1319 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:26 - Jan 14 by Highjack

Gender does exist you massive Genderphobe.

Let me educate you.

We are all on a massive non binary gender spectrum where everyone can be who they want to be, and everyone is completely equal. Unless you identify as a white male. If you do, we will find you, and we will scream incoherently at you.

White men? Yuck! There's no place on our beautiful rainbow spectrum for those bastards.

They will still have to pay for it all though, obviously....

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:34 - Jan 14 with 1317 viewsWingstandwood

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:33 - Jan 14 by Lohengrin

White men? Yuck! There's no place on our beautiful rainbow spectrum for those bastards.

They will still have to pay for it all though, obviously....

Argus!

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:39 - Jan 14 with 1308 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:53 - Jan 14 by exiledclaseboy

I do enjoy Kerouac’s life lessons.

Particularly the ones that have so little relevance to the point being discussed.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:41 - Jan 14 with 1302 viewsexiledclaseboy

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:39 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

Particularly the ones that have so little relevance to the point being discussed.

All of them you mean?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:41 - Jan 14 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:45 - Jan 14 by Lohengrin

Being paid more because you are better or do a different job is absolutely fine.

Being paid more solely because you are male is not.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:44 - Jan 14 with 1294 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:41 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

Being paid more because you are better or do a different job is absolutely fine.

Being paid more solely because you are male is not.

Don't objectify me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024