Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys 19:40 - Jan 13 with 31546 viewsBrynCartwright

This PC bullshit is starting to drive me mad now.

John Humphreys has always advocated equality in journalism and equal pay for equal work.

It is called meritocracy.

Ultimately we will be left with only female presenters on the news, sports, chat shows, sitcoms, weather, stand up, reality shows, because all the guys are too scared to open their mouths in case they are categorised as devious sexist pigs.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:19 - Jan 14 with 1185 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 13:58 - Jan 14 by Highjack

Technically they're doing the same job.

No they're not.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:30 - Jan 14 with 1170 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:19 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

No they're not.

They're all employed to play football for 90 minutes several times a season for the same company.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:30 - Jan 14 with 1170 viewsacejack3065

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:49 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

The best one was the man in a shop who changed nationality and religion part way through the story to allow him to confirm that Kerouac was correct about Islam.

Leave him alone mun. He’s only a Lib Dem
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:35 - Jan 14 with 1160 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:30 - Jan 14 by Highjack

They're all employed to play football for 90 minutes several times a season for the same company.

Nope.

They have a completely different marketplace and customer base.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:39 - Jan 14 with 1153 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:35 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

Don't do that! You've reduced the beautiful game to a Thatcherite market commodity.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:39 - Jan 14 with 1153 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:35 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

So if Gary linekers marketplace and customer base is football and Claire baldings market place is horse racing she can't complain about being paid less because more people watch match of the day?

I think I'm beginning to understand now. Thanks.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:01 - Jan 14 with 1131 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 14:39 - Jan 14 by Highjack

So if Gary linekers marketplace and customer base is football and Claire baldings market place is horse racing she can't complain about being paid less because more people watch match of the day?

I think I'm beginning to understand now. Thanks.

Yeah - Clare Balding doesn't present horse racing for the BBC.

So you may want to examine your understanding again.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:23 - Jan 14 with 1114 viewsBanosswan

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:01 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

She used to.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:34 - Jan 14 with 1107 viewslondonlisa2001

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 15:23 - Jan 14 by Banosswan

She used to.

The BBC stopped showing it years ago didn't they?

So it's not really relevant.

Any more than spurious discussions about Man City women's football is.

At the end of the day, women and men should be paid the same for doing the same job. They are not. And if it was the other way round, those thinking it's amusing, not an issue, PC gone mad or anything similar, would have completely different opinions.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:04 - Jan 14 with 1094 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ok so, on the whole women are not paid less than men for doing the same job (albeit not many jobs are "exactly the same") at least in the corporate world or places like the BBC.

The biggest issues will be performance, initial contract negotiations before hire and length of tenure. There are also huge issues in certain sectors around the split of men and women in companies. There arent enough women at the top levels, while the majority of "assistants" etc and lower paid roles are populated heavily by women. Additionally women tend to take time off for family stuff.

Anyway, in this particular case i think everyone is missing the point. Carrie Gracie was based in Beijing. Bowen ( a Cardiff fan incidently) and Sopel are/were based in the US and UK. The cost of living in China is significantly below that of the UK/US. On a like for like basis, she probably doesnt have a leg to stand on. If she was paid the same as the other two then she would be grossly overpaid against every other peer (man or woman) and rediculously so against the market.

There is absolutely a need for equal pay for the same jobs. But its way more complicated than what is press released.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:12 - Jan 14 with 1085 viewsexiledclaseboy

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:04 - Jan 14 by PozuelosSideys

Ok so, on the whole women are not paid less than men for doing the same job (albeit not many jobs are "exactly the same") at least in the corporate world or places like the BBC.

The biggest issues will be performance, initial contract negotiations before hire and length of tenure. There are also huge issues in certain sectors around the split of men and women in companies. There arent enough women at the top levels, while the majority of "assistants" etc and lower paid roles are populated heavily by women. Additionally women tend to take time off for family stuff.

Anyway, in this particular case i think everyone is missing the point. Carrie Gracie was based in Beijing. Bowen ( a Cardiff fan incidently) and Sopel are/were based in the US and UK. The cost of living in China is significantly below that of the UK/US. On a like for like basis, she probably doesnt have a leg to stand on. If she was paid the same as the other two then she would be grossly overpaid against every other peer (man or woman) and rediculously so against the market.

There is absolutely a need for equal pay for the same jobs. But its way more complicated than what is press released.

Was location a factor in deciding Carrie Gracie’s pay then?

Poll: Tory leader

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:17 - Jan 14 with 1077 viewsPozuelosSideys

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:12 - Jan 14 by exiledclaseboy

Was location a factor in deciding Carrie Gracie’s pay then?

No idea, but it should be. If it wasnt then the BBC are utterly incompetent considering Gracie has come out and stated that she should be paid the same as her peers doing similar jobs in in the ME and US.

Its the way the system works in regards to comp. If you were based in the UK and earned 100k pa, and you were sent to say, India, on a perm assignment, you wouldnt take your £100k salary with you. Youd be given the local market rate and then a pile of allowances such as relo, housing etc.

Id be very interested to see how her numbers break down tbh. Given the BBC is taxpayer funded, id be stunned if they werent all over this given theyd have known this Gender Pay stuff was coming for at least 2 years

Edit: Think if the 3 of them were based in the UK for the same period, it would be much more dodgy ground for the BBC
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 16:19]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:21 - Jan 14 with 1070 viewsexiledclaseboy

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:17 - Jan 14 by PozuelosSideys

No idea, but it should be. If it wasnt then the BBC are utterly incompetent considering Gracie has come out and stated that she should be paid the same as her peers doing similar jobs in in the ME and US.

Its the way the system works in regards to comp. If you were based in the UK and earned 100k pa, and you were sent to say, India, on a perm assignment, you wouldnt take your £100k salary with you. Youd be given the local market rate and then a pile of allowances such as relo, housing etc.

Id be very interested to see how her numbers break down tbh. Given the BBC is taxpayer funded, id be stunned if they werent all over this given theyd have known this Gender Pay stuff was coming for at least 2 years

Edit: Think if the 3 of them were based in the UK for the same period, it would be much more dodgy ground for the BBC
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 16:19]

And why would Jeremy Bowen be based in the U.K. when he was Middle East editor?

Poll: Tory leader

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:26 - Jan 14 with 1065 viewsNeath_Jack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:33 - Jan 14 by Humpty

I know. They'll be talking about ladders next. The anti PC brigade f*cking hate improper ladder use/people telling them how to safely use ladders.

It's almost as if they're f*cking thick.

I hope those ladders have undergone regular inspections as per Work at Height
Regulations 2005 (WAHR), possibly PUWER too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:26 - Jan 14 with 1062 viewsPozuelosSideys

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:21 - Jan 14 by exiledclaseboy

And why would Jeremy Bowen be based in the U.K. when he was Middle East editor?

God knows. Just to state, i dont work for the BBC and all i did was check some websites as to where these were based! Maybe Gracie chose to go to live in China, or maybe the role required it. The info on the sites i checked may also not be up to date either. I think Bowen was based in Israel for a while.

Technically, its entirely possible that when the BBC agreed to pay Gracie the same as her peers (the other Editors) that she assumed that was be done in GBP and that the 3 would have the same benchmark - eg £250k pa. But that wouldnt happen in the real world. The role is benchmarked, not the person doing the role. Therefore that role gets benched locally, not based on the UK.

The concern here is if the BBC have done their job properly and they still lose in a court case, then it will destroy social mobility far more than Brexit ever will.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:53 - Jan 14 with 1052 viewsWingstandwood

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:26 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

I hope those ladders have undergone regular inspections as per Work at Height
Regulations 2005 (WAHR), possibly PUWER too.

Yep! Even the trainasium has got netting nowadays!

Argus!

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 1049 viewsJack_Meoff

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 13:17 - Jan 14 by Lohengrin

Talking of books, Jack. This one hot off the press...

"The left-right political dichotomy serves liberalism by not challenging it. Shamocracy sustains the status quo by offering the illusion of choice with no choice."

Right up your street, fella'.

That quote sounds like me on here most weekends...

Cheers Loh it does look an interesting read, £2 on kindle too, bargain!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1039 viewsE20Jack

HJ doesn't do understanding Lisa, good poster and likeable guy - but thick as a whales blubber. Apparently my teeth that I struggle to open a pack of peanuts with should be tearing at the flesh of wild animals.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 23:42 - Jan 14 with 974 viewsKerouac

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 16:26 - Jan 14 by PozuelosSideys

God knows. Just to state, i dont work for the BBC and all i did was check some websites as to where these were based! Maybe Gracie chose to go to live in China, or maybe the role required it. The info on the sites i checked may also not be up to date either. I think Bowen was based in Israel for a while.

Technically, its entirely possible that when the BBC agreed to pay Gracie the same as her peers (the other Editors) that she assumed that was be done in GBP and that the 3 would have the same benchmark - eg £250k pa. But that wouldnt happen in the real world. The role is benchmarked, not the person doing the role. Therefore that role gets benched locally, not based on the UK.

The concern here is if the BBC have done their job properly and they still lose in a court case, then it will destroy social mobility far more than Brexit ever will.

She was married to a Chinese pop star who probably needed to be based in Beijing.
Recently separated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:04 - Jan 15 with 962 viewsHighjack

It's not my marketplace so I wouldn't know. She definitely presents some sort of equine programme though. She's a very good presenter but I think of horses whenever I see her.

Does she present "one man and his horse" or am I thinking of someone else?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:10 - Jan 15 with 956 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 17:03 - Jan 14 by E20Jack

HJ doesn't do understanding Lisa, good poster and likeable guy - but thick as a whales blubber. Apparently my teeth that I struggle to open a pack of peanuts with should be tearing at the flesh of wild animals.

I imagine your teeth are too weak to open that measly bag of peanuts because of a severe calcium deficiency.

Drink more milk young man!

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:10 - Jan 15 with 955 viewsswanforthemoney

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:04 - Jan 15 by Highjack

It's not my marketplace so I wouldn't know. She definitely presents some sort of equine programme though. She's a very good presenter but I think of horses whenever I see her.

Does she present "one man and his horse" or am I thinking of someone else?

That’ll be “one person and their horse” surely ?

I stand in the North Stand

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:17 - Jan 15 with 949 viewsswanforthemoney

Regardless of what he said, Humphrey’s has become a self important old bore with his head rammed firmly up his own Backside
Add that to the fact he’s constantly droning on about being a Cardiff boy, and I think it’s time for him to go.

I stand in the North Stand

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:35 - Jan 15 with 940 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:10 - Jan 15 by swanforthemoney

That’ll be “one person and their horse” surely ?

Depends where the horse sits on the spectrum I suppose. It could identify as a zebra.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 00:37 - Jan 15 with 936 viewsKerouac

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:49 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

The best one was the man in a shop who changed nationality and religion part way through the story to allow him to confirm that Kerouac was correct about Islam.

I know you are too arrogant to listen but I'll try anyway.

That was a genuine conversation with a real person at a local garage, a conversation instigated by him ...there had been a terrorist incident that day/the night before...I imagine the trigger for his starting the conversation was the report on the front of the newspaper I was buying.
The fact you and the usual cast of "characters" cannot accept that an Iranian emigre (who was raised a Muslim , for all I know still is a Muslim) could possibly feel that way and have an honest conversation about his fears, says so much about you all
...deluded
...closed minds
...dangerous levels of privileged complacency and hubris

For those who don't remember he told me that his Muslim family left Iran to get away from these nutters and the fact that "these things are happening here now" made him fearful for the future.
I didn't say much but indicated that I had sympathy for what he was saying, he then went further and suggested that the government needed to do more.

Of course you will mock me, make out that I am telling porkies...because the truth this man expressed, the truth I relayed here makes you uncomfortable, I understand...but the fact that it IS the truth and the fact that your response was and is childish nonsense ...
just drives me further away from your position on this subject.

...and the denial of the truths about Islam is a problem of the left that I can no longer close my eyes too.
The Labour movement (I understand you don't count yourself in the Labour camp Lisa, I won't demean myself by questioning your sincerity on that) in particular has nothing serious and satisfactory to say about the contradictions between it's supposed principles and it's apparent support for the growth of Islam in this country.
It is a bit like their stance on Brexit. It is a position that makes no sense in anyway whatsoever.

I saw something on the TV the other day where the presenter asked 2 questions.
He/she said that your answer to these 2 questions was the most significant indicator as to whether you vote Labour or Tory.
My answers to these questions indicated that I was most likely a Labour voter...and yet I would pick them behind just about everybody, other than the BNP .
Q. Why is that ?
A.

- Take a look at the reactions of posters who urge us to vote Labour every election to my tale about the Iranian...they want to make believe it didn't happen rather than discuss why this Iranian feels this way.
Could you point me to even 1 thread in which I respond to an argument I don't like with;
"Well it's not true! you're a liar and an idiot and you smell and I'm smarter than you and nicer...I only want nice things to be true"

- Take a look at the lack of mature intelligent arguments put forward on this thread to the subject matter....their response is;
"me no need to listen, me no need to think, me know what right, fair is me deserve more bananas , always, me gooder person than he 'cos me say you need more bananas same, ugg".

I like reason. Rationality. I like to test arguments with debate and not hush them up...what is it that scares people of the left so badly that they feel the need to shut debate down?
Why do you do it?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 0:41]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024