Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carillion 19:51 - Jan 14 with 8253 viewsSwanzay

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42680585

If the Cons bail them out, scandalous! Especially with RBS being one of the banks concerned!
Carillion on 22:56 - Jan 15 with 2494 viewslondonlisa2001

Carillion on 22:39 - Jan 15 by pikeypaul

PMSL

How is making money on the stock market “spending all my awake hours trying to shaft the next man” ?

I actually spend about 30 minutes a week maximum sorting out my portfolio.

You lefties are really getting pathetic with your jealousy and plainly stupid accusations.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 22:40]

"I actually spend about 30 minutes a week maximum sorting out my portfolio. "

Fair play - that made me laugh a lot.
Carillion on 22:59 - Jan 15 with 2490 viewspikeypaul

Glad to hear it.

Bit late for you to be posting isn’t it ? Your batteries must have run out.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 23:02]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Carillion on 23:07 - Jan 15 with 2476 viewslondonlisa2001

Carillion on 22:59 - Jan 15 by pikeypaul

Glad to hear it.

Bit late for you to be posting isn’t it ? Your batteries must have run out.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 23:02]

You edited your post to post that?

Carillion on 23:09 - Jan 15 with 2471 viewspikeypaul

WTF are you talking?

The previous post had nothing to do with it,please tell how it did.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Carillion on 23:15 - Jan 15 with 2458 viewsswanforthemoney

Carillion on 19:55 - Jan 14 by Neath_Jack

Got their fingers in too many pies, should have stuck to what they were good at.

Which was ?

I stand in the North Stand

Carillion on 23:21 - Jan 15 with 2450 viewsswanforthemoney

Carillion on 22:47 - Jan 15 by PozuelosSideys

Do you ever get involved in peer2peer lending mate? Was reading about this and the yields seem pretty respectable although apparently thats offset by the low governance and relatively high risk?

I put a bit in Zopa about 4 years ago. Get higher interest than Building Society. Fluctuated between 5 % and just over 3 % it hasn't blown up yet. Although I wouldn't be destitute if it went under. They stopped taking new deposits a while ago because they couldn't find enough quality borrowers to lend it to. I'm not sure if they have started taking deposits again. Their rates are online.

I stand in the North Stand

Carillion on 00:49 - Jan 16 with 2437 viewsburty

The tories again with privatisation, shows how much the people are blind thinking it good for the working class. need more powers for the unions to stop this b00lox.
Carillion on 11:40 - Jan 16 with 2388 viewspikeypaul

Carillion on 23:21 - Jan 15 by swanforthemoney

I put a bit in Zopa about 4 years ago. Get higher interest than Building Society. Fluctuated between 5 % and just over 3 % it hasn't blown up yet. Although I wouldn't be destitute if it went under. They stopped taking new deposits a while ago because they couldn't find enough quality borrowers to lend it to. I'm not sure if they have started taking deposits again. Their rates are online.

On the surface of it it sounds OK at around 4%

But that is easily achievable with the divi yields on blue chips.

Plus you get the growth around 20% alone on average since Brexit.

Ride the highs cut the losses and your quids in .

438 and fecking loving it

Login to get fewer ads

Carillion on 22:21 - Jan 16 with 2314 viewsmax936

Carillion on 21:04 - Jan 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Carillion employees whose Jobs&Pensions are at stake should be the main concern, they are blameless in this corporate meltdown. Privatisation of public services fails yet again, it would be nice if banks, shareholders and bosses had to wait until workers were looked after first.

Said no Tory

Just on news now, Government investigation into the collapse, Directors earning up to 55k a month unbelievable the whole Country is corrupt, I wonder how many Government personnel have their fingers in Carillion's pie.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Carillion on 23:15 - Jan 16 with 2297 viewsperchrockjack

It's ok pikey. Bryn s given me some stick.

We re vile scum ,see.

Shareholders now hated apparently

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Carillion on 11:21 - Jan 17 with 2242 viewspikeypaul

Carillion on 23:15 - Jan 16 by perchrockjack

It's ok pikey. Bryn s given me some stick.

We re vile scum ,see.

Shareholders now hated apparently

I know,the politics of envy is alive and kicking around Swansea and it’s funny how Bryn with his racist attack on the English has been totally ignored by the remoaners who in turn accuse Brexiters of racism.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

437 and fecking loving it.

Carillion on 12:00 - Jan 20 with 2145 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's only a matter of time before the collapse we are witnessing of outsourcing giant contracts is a huge collapse of a giant private health firm we handed £bns of contracts to. Think about that.

Not bothered

Thought not

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Carillion on 15:29 - Jan 20 with 2101 viewsDyfnant

Carillion on 22:21 - Jan 16 by max936

Just on news now, Government investigation into the collapse, Directors earning up to 55k a month unbelievable the whole Country is corrupt, I wonder how many Government personnel have their fingers in Carillion's pie.

Someone I know earnt 4K for working Xmas day & Boxing Day with them last year

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Carillion on 18:11 - Jan 20 with 2076 viewsJack_Meoff

Carillion on 12:00 - Jan 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's only a matter of time before the collapse we are witnessing of outsourcing giant contracts is a huge collapse of a giant private health firm we handed £bns of contracts to. Think about that.

Not bothered

Thought not

Ambivalence will be our undoing tom. It's bizarre, it's almost like we're so used to being shafted by these reprehensible criminals that it's almost accepted. Aren't they there to serve the public, not fleece us?

Everyone in this country should stop paying taxes until there's transparency on what it's being spent on. I can only imagine how much finds its way offshore by one mechanism or another.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Carillion on 21:34 - Jan 20 with 2050 viewspikeypaul

Carillion on 15:29 - Jan 20 by Dyfnant

Someone I know earnt 4K for working Xmas day & Boxing Day with them last year

I can well believe it.

A mate of mine regularly clears £300 a shift where he says he actually works a maximum of 3 hours the rest is travelling on the train back and for all paid for and has totally free travel in his leisure time on the trains for him and his wife,a nice little perk when an anytime day single to London is £136.20

He had a £120,000 redundancy from network rail a few years back and within a couple of weeks he was back doing exactly the same job through a sub contractor earning in excess of £1500 a week.
The guy has no trade apart from years working on the tracks and very limited education but fair enough he has done well for himself and deserves it.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 21:37]

Carillion on 21:40 - Jan 20 with 2042 viewsPozuelosSideys

Carillion on 18:11 - Jan 20 by Jack_Meoff

Ambivalence will be our undoing tom. It's bizarre, it's almost like we're so used to being shafted by these reprehensible criminals that it's almost accepted. Aren't they there to serve the public, not fleece us?

Everyone in this country should stop paying taxes until there's transparency on what it's being spent on. I can only imagine how much finds its way offshore by one mechanism or another.

Dont disagree. But the NHS is one of, if not THE biggest culprit of this. Especially if you throw in PFI.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Carillion on 21:44 - Jan 20 with 2038 viewsLeonWasGod

Carillion on 11:21 - Jan 17 by pikeypaul

I know,the politics of envy is alive and kicking around Swansea and it’s funny how Bryn with his racist attack on the English has been totally ignored by the remoaners who in turn accuse Brexiters of racism.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

437 and fecking loving it.

Why do you assume it's envy? Maybe some people aren't as self centered as you seem to be, and just have a problem with people ripping off others to the detriment of us all.
Carillion on 21:55 - Jan 20 with 2024 viewspikeypaul

If he or you had a chance to earn better money you would take it in a heart beat.Not everyone who has done well for themselves have “ripped people off” they have just been savvy enough and clever enough to earn good coin.

The bitterness and envy stands out a mile in the lefties posts.

433 and feckin lovin it.

Carillion on 22:45 - Jan 20 with 2016 viewsJack_Meoff

Carillion on 21:40 - Jan 20 by PozuelosSideys

Dont disagree. But the NHS is one of, if not THE biggest culprit of this. Especially if you throw in PFI.

I don't understand the point you're making re the NHS here PS. Can you elaborate mate? It has a huge budget so as far as can see it has the most to be skimmed off.

Regarding PFI though, no disagreement - yet more sleight of hand.

Check this document out: https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/PFI-and-PF2.pdf

Behind all the figures and bollocks the facts that remain would seem to conclude this: PFI 'debt' so far from the private sector totals £60 billion (PFI started in 1992). Interest on PFi 2016- 17 totalled £10.3 billion. By the time the 2040's roll around the UK taxpayer will have paid around £200 billion in interest on PFI. This is in addition to the £1 billion interest we pay every week on the national debt scam. I'm all ears if anyone can tell me:

a) how this is a good deal, and
b) why those that signed off on these agreements aren't swinging from lampposts.

Keep voting though folks. Your government cares for you and your family.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Carillion on 23:01 - Jan 20 with 2008 viewsPozuelosSideys

Carillion on 22:45 - Jan 20 by Jack_Meoff

I don't understand the point you're making re the NHS here PS. Can you elaborate mate? It has a huge budget so as far as can see it has the most to be skimmed off.

Regarding PFI though, no disagreement - yet more sleight of hand.

Check this document out: https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/PFI-and-PF2.pdf

Behind all the figures and bollocks the facts that remain would seem to conclude this: PFI 'debt' so far from the private sector totals £60 billion (PFI started in 1992). Interest on PFi 2016- 17 totalled £10.3 billion. By the time the 2040's roll around the UK taxpayer will have paid around £200 billion in interest on PFI. This is in addition to the £1 billion interest we pay every week on the national debt scam. I'm all ears if anyone can tell me:

a) how this is a good deal, and
b) why those that signed off on these agreements aren't swinging from lampposts.

Keep voting though folks. Your government cares for you and your family.

Sorry. My point was flaky. I was referring to procurement and outsourced contracts mainly. The government have outsourced loads of work to Carillion, just like the NHS outsources loads of stuff to certain "preferred partners" and is absolutely terrible at getting value for money. (not frontline NHS staff who do good work, but nobody has a fcking clue how much is being wasted in that black hole. Its absolutely ripe for ripping off the taxpayer).

The procurement deals are primarily sourced, costed and managed operationally by civil servants and then signed off by whatever minister, of whatever party it is of the day. There is a lot of regulation in place, but that has either failed, or it has gaps in it. Just like Carillion seems to have had, There are always "preferred partners/suppliers" as well, and from my experience i always found it weird that companies always put all their eggs in one basket - ive never really liked it because when youve signed on the dotted line, it always feels like "weve got your business, now we dont care until the next contract renewal comes along".

Its a scam. And where are KPMG? What is their role in this? Look at the Banking crash in 2008. What happened to the auditors there? A grand total of fck all, "lessons will be learned".. etc etc. What is the point of them if they cant spot major financial meltdowns like these?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Carillion on 00:32 - Jan 21 with 1987 viewsJack_Meoff

Carillion on 23:01 - Jan 20 by PozuelosSideys

Sorry. My point was flaky. I was referring to procurement and outsourced contracts mainly. The government have outsourced loads of work to Carillion, just like the NHS outsources loads of stuff to certain "preferred partners" and is absolutely terrible at getting value for money. (not frontline NHS staff who do good work, but nobody has a fcking clue how much is being wasted in that black hole. Its absolutely ripe for ripping off the taxpayer).

The procurement deals are primarily sourced, costed and managed operationally by civil servants and then signed off by whatever minister, of whatever party it is of the day. There is a lot of regulation in place, but that has either failed, or it has gaps in it. Just like Carillion seems to have had, There are always "preferred partners/suppliers" as well, and from my experience i always found it weird that companies always put all their eggs in one basket - ive never really liked it because when youve signed on the dotted line, it always feels like "weve got your business, now we dont care until the next contract renewal comes along".

Its a scam. And where are KPMG? What is their role in this? Look at the Banking crash in 2008. What happened to the auditors there? A grand total of fck all, "lessons will be learned".. etc etc. What is the point of them if they cant spot major financial meltdowns like these?

I'll keep saying until I'm blue in the face mate. Our democracy is an illusion and the sole purpose of 'government' is to funnel public money into private hands.

Like you say, it's a scam.

Whilst you mention you banking 'crash' - that was deliberately engendered. Because of 'debt' 'deficit' blah blah f*cking blah these c*nts get their hands on public assets for f*ck all. J P Morgan in 1929.

Plato gave us a clue , I'll paraphrase, 'Democracy is the illusion that allows the oligarchs of the day to steal from the masses.'

Nothing new under the sun.

Carillion on 16:14 - Jan 21 with 1929 viewsPozuelosSideys

Carillion on 00:32 - Jan 21 by Jack_Meoff

I'll keep saying until I'm blue in the face mate. Our democracy is an illusion and the sole purpose of 'government' is to funnel public money into private hands.

Like you say, it's a scam.

Whilst you mention you banking 'crash' - that was deliberately engendered. Because of 'debt' 'deficit' blah blah f*cking blah these c*nts get their hands on public assets for f*ck all. J P Morgan in 1929.

Plato gave us a clue , I'll paraphrase, 'Democracy is the illusion that allows the oligarchs of the day to steal from the masses.'

Nothing new under the sun.

Personally, what id REALLY like to see is shareholders being liable for any losses occured by these businesses - and this law enforced!! - rather than them skimming off the top in dividends. There are far too many passive shareholders allowing executives to run the show and not providing any input, guidance and interest whatsoever. That would entirely change the current model, especially if there was just as much chance of them being liable for losses as there is picking up the divi.

(and i know there are down sides to this model, and will attract lots of counter arguments from people pointing out pension funds and the like)

Edit, the 2008 banking crash wasnt intentional imo. There are many, many reasons for it. But the main one was American banks repackaging super toxic mortgage debt and then passing it on in the market, knowing what would happen. Was then a matter of time playing musical chairs. When the music stopped, RBS was the one left standing without a chair.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 16:15]

Carillion on 00:21 - Jan 23 with 1859 viewsPozuelosSideys

If you want an insight into how the world works, read the article, then the comments underneath.

Not a single toss given about the employees of this business. Just about how well HSBC have managed their risk portfolio..

https://www.ft.com/content/44e8c9f0-fb9c-11e7-a492-2c9be7f3120a

Carillion on 22:00 - Jan 23 with 1794 viewsHwylBento

From what I heard the Government was propping them up anyway giving them government contracts. It's all a bit scandalous, I think it comes down to them being greedy.
Carillion on 12:11 - Jan 27 with 1731 viewsJack_Meoff

Carillion on 00:21 - Jan 23 by PozuelosSideys

If you want an insight into how the world works, read the article, then the comments underneath.

Not a single toss given about the employees of this business. Just about how well HSBC have managed their risk portfolio..

https://www.ft.com/content/44e8c9f0-fb9c-11e7-a492-2c9be7f3120a

Wow. To the layman mate that looks like a bank using complex financial instruments that are at best utterly shady, and at worst, surely borderline illegal! How can they get away with this?! Then again this is a bank that was founded on the back of opium money, and laundered Mexican drug money recently also. Chin chin!

You're right about the comments too. People saying that the bank did nothing wrong and the person that did the deal should be rewarded. Meanwhile the taxpayer gets utterly shafted.

Absolutely baffling.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024