Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
File under fake news 07:43 - Jan 15 with 4173 viewsshandyjack

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5340562/kevin-gameiro-swansea-city-atlet

Poll: Expectation for the season

File under fake news on 07:46 - Jan 15 with 3299 viewsSwansea93

Nice to dream ain't it.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

File under fake news on 07:56 - Jan 15 with 3255 viewsCooperman

This goes from one extreme to the other. Yesterday is was an Accies midfield and today it’s a La Liga star.

I think I know which one is closer to the truth.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

File under fake news on 08:13 - Jan 15 with 3191 viewsPawelAbbott

If there is any truth in it then at least we are showing some ambition for a change.
£25M for a 30 year old isn't the best use of money but at least he has looked past Barnsley or Scottish youth teams
File under fake news on 08:17 - Jan 15 with 3171 viewsHeadmaster

£25 million for a 30 year old is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that we have been linked to about a dozen strikers already, but no creative/attacking midfielders, which is what we desperately need!
File under fake news on 08:21 - Jan 15 with 3154 viewsSwansea93

That guy from the Sun said we're after some ridiculous transfers, I know what he means now.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

File under fake news on 08:39 - Jan 15 with 3057 viewsSmellyplumz

File under fake news on 08:13 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

If there is any truth in it then at least we are showing some ambition for a change.
£25M for a 30 year old isn't the best use of money but at least he has looked past Barnsley or Scottish youth teams

So the club leak a story that they are after this guy knowing they'll never get him then turn round and tell the fans they tried.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

File under fake news on 08:41 - Jan 15 with 3041 viewsmagicdaps10

File under fake news on 08:39 - Jan 15 by Smellyplumz

So the club leak a story that they are after this guy knowing they'll never get him then turn round and tell the fans they tried.

100% this.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

File under fake news on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 2984 viewsoldcob

File under fake news on 08:39 - Jan 15 by Smellyplumz

It's what they do every season.
Login to get fewer ads

File under fake news on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 2963 viewsSTID2017

Sounds like fishing for lobsters but end up catching drawf pigmy goby.
Don't blame CC, but we need to make some realistic signings soon.
Spending £30 million on three players would be better than making one big marque signing (who may turn out to be another Baston)
TBH I'd rather get Baston back, work on Bony, loan Socks out, and spend our money on the three players we need.
All the nonsense about "Who would come to us?" is just that. Lots of players not getting gametime and offered a reasonable amount in wages (plus a bonus if we stay up or a release clause if we don't) would look to come here.
It's been said many times that it's a short career, so players need to make as much as they can when they can.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

File under fake news on 09:03 - Jan 15 with 2919 viewsPawelAbbott

I hope we aren't wasting too much time on it. But, if you don't ask at all then you'll never know the answer.
It will end up with the usual "we tried but they wouldn't come". Jenkins would sh1t himself if one of them says yes
File under fake news on 09:06 - Jan 15 with 2907 viewsJango

File under fake news on 08:57 - Jan 15 by STID2017

Sounds like fishing for lobsters but end up catching drawf pigmy goby.
Don't blame CC, but we need to make some realistic signings soon.
Spending £30 million on three players would be better than making one big marque signing (who may turn out to be another Baston)
TBH I'd rather get Baston back, work on Bony, loan Socks out, and spend our money on the three players we need.
All the nonsense about "Who would come to us?" is just that. Lots of players not getting gametime and offered a reasonable amount in wages (plus a bonus if we stay up or a release clause if we don't) would look to come here.
It's been said many times that it's a short career, so players need to make as much as they can when they can.

You can’t really compare Gaitán and Gameiro with Baston tho can you.
File under fake news on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 2884 viewsSTID2017

File under fake news on 09:06 - Jan 15 by Jango

You can’t really compare Gaitán and Gameiro with Baston tho can you.

No comparison, but rather than waste time chasing players who IMHO won't come near us, we should be spending these crucial two weeks chasing and signing realistic targets.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

File under fake news on 09:26 - Jan 15 with 2825 viewslidojack

What is the point of signing strikers if we have no creative midfielders to make chances?
File under fake news on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 2822 views34dfgdf54

I would be in the E20 way of thinking with this one if I'm being honest. If it was in the summer, then yes, the money staying up in this league is worth the £25mill.

But I wouldn't be paying that now when we look odds on to go down, we wont either, so it's correct to file this in the fake news archives.
File under fake news on 09:46 - Jan 15 with 2742 viewsmagicdaps10

You can offer 25M, no problem.

Huws version.

5M upfront
10M if we stay up
10M if he gets 20 goals from now until the end of the season.

File under fake news on 10:03 - Jan 15 with 2699 viewsWarwickHunt

File under fake news on 09:46 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Huws version.

5M upfront
10M if we stay up

Huw's version.

5M
File under fake news on 10:12 - Jan 15 with 2657 views34dfgdf54

File under fake news on 09:46 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Huws version.

5M upfront
10M if we stay up

And they'll reply with,

No, we'll accept Fenerbache's up front offer.
File under fake news on 10:17 - Jan 15 with 2637 viewsWarwickHunt

File under fake news on 10:12 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

And they'll reply with,

No, we'll accept Fenerbache's up front offer.

Cue Gonzo with "we tried our hardest to get quality players in but..."
File under fake news on 11:20 - Jan 15 with 2470 viewsHuwJackBastard

Whats the point hes scored something like 10 a season his career..plus we are dying for a #10..wouldnt the money be better spent else where?
File under fake news on 11:24 - Jan 15 with 2458 viewsmagicdaps10

File under fake news on 11:20 - Jan 15 by HuwJackBastard

Whats the point hes scored something like 10 a season his career..plus we are dying for a #10..wouldnt the money be better spent else where?

They dont intend to spend any money, this is all a ploy and becomes even more obvious every window.

Get linked to names, some very impressive names but ultimately end up with rubbish or nothing. Theyb think the fans will fall for it, it worked the first couple times but now its obvious.

File under fake news on 11:43 - Jan 15 with 2394 viewsHuwJackBastard

Such a shit time to be a swans fan..
File under fake news on 11:44 - Jan 15 with 2391 viewsjack247

HJ said himself that the only money available will be the surplus from the summer. I’d be very surprised if we blasted it all on a striker.
File under fake news on 13:39 - Jan 15 with 2166 viewsjasonbromham

10 a season? I'll have some of what your taking, I think you need to do some research :)
File under fake news on 16:37 - Jan 15 with 1960 viewsHeadmaster

Talks held with Atletico over Gameiro and Gaitan, but Nelson Oliviera not likely.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-hold-talk
File under fake news on 16:44 - Jan 15 with 1926 viewsmalagajack

Being reported in as.com can't get the link up, it's besiktas rather than fenerbache who look most likely as they have just sold tosun to Everton
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 16:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024