Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyril Regis 08:17 - Jan 15 with 5271 viewsswan65split

RIP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687285
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:18]
Cyril Regis on 08:35 - Jan 15 with 4134 viewsSmellyplumz

Sad news and so young.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cyril Regis on 08:38 - Jan 15 with 4132 viewssherpajacob

Magnificent player, should have played many more times for England.

Albion's 5-3 win at old Trafford on the big match is a major memory from my childhood.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cyril Regis on 08:39 - Jan 15 with 4121 viewsLoyal

Strong as a fcking ox.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cyril Regis on 08:43 - Jan 15 with 4106 viewsSTID2017

Cyril Regis on 08:38 - Jan 15 by sherpajacob

Magnificent player, should have played many more times for England.

Albion's 5-3 win at old Trafford on the big match is a major memory from my childhood.

Same here. Brilliant player, in the day when there were very many truly brilliant players and being a centre forward meant having to put up with a battering from the Tommy Smiths' of this world.
Sad loss.
RIP

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cyril Regis on 08:53 - Jan 15 with 4076 views34dfgdf54

I think it was Loyal who posted a video on here of our game back in the day against them. He ripped our two centre halves apart.

RIP
Cyril Regis on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 4072 viewsProfessor

Great player.

Another one of the ground-breaking black players of that great WBA side to pass away far too young.

RIP Big Cyril
Cyril Regis on 09:01 - Jan 15 with 4054 viewssP7qupUf

Cyril Regis on 08:39 - Jan 15 by Loyal

Strong as a fcking ox.

Too true.

I remember being at a game at the Vetch where Big Cyrrille was up against Big Ante. That was a battle. Think we won 2-0 with Chris Marustik scoring a spectacular volley.
Cyril Regis on 09:02 - Jan 15 with 4048 viewschangingman

He scored a hat trick for West Brom when they beat the Swans 4 - 1 a week after our 5 - 1 win against Leeds in the old First Division. RIP Big Cyril.
Login to get fewer ads

Cyril Regis on 09:05 - Jan 15 with 4039 viewsheadcleaner

Cyril V Ante down the vetch was like two battle tops going for it. An everlasting memory R.I.P
Cyril Regis on 09:16 - Jan 15 with 4017 viewsProfessor

Cyril Regis on 09:05 - Jan 15 by headcleaner

Cyril V Ante down the vetch was like two battle tops going for it. An everlasting memory R.I.P

Was a great old battle and a good game that (in 82?). Quite a few baggies fans on the North Bank being very naughty if I recall too.
Cyril Regis on 09:31 - Jan 15 with 3979 viewsswancity

Sad news. Good old fashioned battering ram of a centre forward, quick, strong, powerful and a decent enough finisher. His epic battle with Ante Rajkovic is something I'll always remember. Two honest seasoned old pros fairly slugging it out. Don't see any of that today since the game has been ponsified.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cyril Regis on 09:38 - Jan 15 with 3955 viewswestside

Regis, Baston, Cunningham were the three degrees

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/magazine-tribute-to-west-brom-th
Cyril Regis on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 3930 viewsSwanzay

RIP, a great player, far to young.
Cyril Regis on 10:32 - Jan 15 with 3863 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

RIP

Including hatrick v us.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 10:37]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Cyril Regis on 10:36 - Jan 15 with 3855 viewssainthelens

Cyril Regis on 09:02 - Jan 15 by changingman

He scored a hat trick for West Brom when they beat the Swans 4 - 1 a week after our 5 - 1 win against Leeds in the old First Division. RIP Big Cyril.

Remember that well, went up on the bus from old Rum and Punch (lively!)... RIP big man, class act.
Cyril Regis on 11:48 - Jan 15 with 3773 viewssherpajacob

Cyril Regis on 09:05 - Jan 15 by headcleaner

Regis v Ante.

That would be worth squillions on HBO these days.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cyril Regis on 13:01 - Jan 15 with 3679 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyril Regis on 09:01 - Jan 15 by sP7qupUf

Too true.

I remember being at a game at the Vetch where Big Cyrrille was up against Big Ante. That was a battle. Think we won 2-0 with Chris Marustik scoring a spectacular volley.

One of the few players to give Ante a rough time that day.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cyril Regis on 13:36 - Jan 15 with 3630 viewsOldjack

Cyril Regis on 08:39 - Jan 15 by Loyal

Strong as a fcking ox.

Until he met Ante Rajkovic ,went shoulder to shoulder with him and ended up on his arse lol

R.I.P. Cyril

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cyril Regis on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 3594 viewsSmellyplumz

Imagine what he'd be worth in todays game.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cyril Regis on 14:15 - Jan 15 with 3587 views34dfgdf54

Cyril Regis on 13:36 - Jan 15 by Oldjack

Until he met Ante Rajkovic ,went shoulder to shoulder with him and ended up on his arse lol

R.I.P. Cyril

I'm sure Ante Rajkovic was the centre half playing in the game I watched back. I think they beat us 4-2, he ripped Ante apart in that game, won everything in the air.
Cyril Regis on 15:20 - Jan 15 with 3546 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyril Regis on 14:15 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

I'm sure Ante Rajkovic was the centre half playing in the game I watched back. I think they beat us 4-2, he ripped Ante apart in that game, won everything in the air.

That's the way I saw it as well, can't remember the score though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cyril Regis on 15:32 - Jan 15 with 3534 viewsOldjack

Cyril Regis on 14:15 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

This was down the vetch we won 3-1 and lost at theirs 4-1 ,just remember that massive cheer when Cyril bounced off him

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cyril Regis on 18:50 - Jan 15 with 3429 viewsdickythorpe

RIP Great athlete and player. His cousin was John Regis the sprinter.
Cyril Regis on 00:18 - Jan 16 with 3312 viewsKilkennyjack

What a centre forward.
Bristling with menace, pace, and power.
And a great guy as well.

Ante did handle him well that day at the Vetch.
06th April 1982.

I think Garry Thompson was also up top for wba. Sort of smash and smash.

Beware of the Risen People

Cyril Regis on 00:26 - Jan 16 with 3304 viewsJack_Kass

Don't see anything like the hunger he had, in modern players.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024