Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyril Regis 08:17 - Jan 15 with 5279 viewsswan65split

RIP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687285
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:18]
Cyril Regis on 01:29 - Jan 16 with 1089 viewssnork44

Cyril Regis on 09:31 - Jan 15 by swancity

Sad news. Good old fashioned battering ram of a centre forward, quick, strong, powerful and a decent enough finisher. His epic battle with Ante Rajkovic is something I'll always remember. Two honest seasoned old pros fairly slugging it out. Don't see any of that today since the game has been ponsified.

I disagree, he was the forerunner of the new breed of mobile centre-forward the way he spun, I think it was Gordon McQueen at Old Trafford who at the time was their record signing at Centre-Half and hit a 20 yard screamer passed either Gary Bailey or Alex Stepney was something you wouldn't have seen Bob Latchford, Joe Royle, John Toshack or Joe Jordan do as they were more static types of players, although Latchford at Swansea was more mobile than he was at Birmingham or Everton! Regis was one of my favorites as he was so different in his style of play.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Cyril Regis on 11:40 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsbluenile

Sometimes the world's a worse place when certain people leave it...................this is definitely one of those times.........RIP Cyril, a true giant, in many ways.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Cyril Regis on 21:09 - Jan 16 with 985 viewsKilkennyjack

Cyril Regis on 11:40 - Jan 16 by bluenile

Sometimes the world's a worse place when certain people leave it...................this is definitely one of those times.........RIP Cyril, a true giant, in many ways.

👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

Cyril Regis on 11:37 - Jan 17 with 956 viewstrampie

Big Ron did a lot for his career.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024