Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s vs Derby 18:27 - Jan 15 with 4420 viewsjasper_T

Swans U23s: Gregor Zabret, Mael Davies, Aaron Lewis, Jack Evans, Cian Harries, Joe Rodon (Capt), Dan James, Adam King, Courtney Baker-Richardson, George Byers, Kenji Gorrè.

Subs: Liam Cullen, Lewis Thomas, Anthony Brydges, Adnan Marić, Jordan Garrick.

Kickoff 7pm

https://www.swanseacity.com/U23sLIVE/dervswa
U23s vs Derby on 20:58 - Jan 15 with 1516 viewsjasper_T

Brought Garrick on for James on the hour and the lad hasn't done a moment of defending since then. Not tracking back, no pressuring. Just swanning about and one sad air shot.
U23s vs Derby on 21:04 - Jan 15 with 1453 viewsjasper_T

Full time 3-3. Disappointing because the game was under control at 3-1. Sloppy mistakes from players and management let it slip.

The Derby commentators did count at least 6 senior players in their side, though, so maybe I'm being harsh on the lads.
U23s vs Derby on 21:07 - Jan 15 with 1415 viewsSwanjaxs

U23s vs Derby on 21:04 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Full time 3-3. Disappointing because the game was under control at 3-1. Sloppy mistakes from players and management let it slip.

The Derby commentators did count at least 6 senior players in their side, though, so maybe I'm being harsh on the lads.

Toshack out!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

U23s vs Derby on 21:11 - Jan 15 with 1395 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s vs Derby on 21:07 - Jan 15 by Swanjaxs

Toshack out!

Ex postie Gary Richards Out !

Beware of the Risen People

U23s vs Derby on 21:15 - Jan 15 with 1372 viewsjasper_T

James didn't have a great game but he tracked back and supported Davies. When Garrick came on we were a man light defensively, the midfield got shifted around and they got three golden chances (two of which they scored).

Gameplan seemed to be to bypass our best player entirely.

Byers will be useful in the Championship. Lewis will step up eventually. Rodon isn't good enough. Team needs a goalkeeper who can catch.
U23s vs Derby on 21:16 - Jan 15 with 1363 viewsSwanjaxs

U23s vs Derby on 21:11 - Jan 15 by Kilkennyjack

Ex postie Gary Richards Out !

All jokes aside, when push comes to shove post-relegation, Waggy will be back on his round again unfortunately ☹

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

U23s vs Derby on 21:27 - Jan 15 with 1304 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s vs Derby on 21:15 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

James didn't have a great game but he tracked back and supported Davies. When Garrick came on we were a man light defensively, the midfield got shifted around and they got three golden chances (two of which they scored).

Gameplan seemed to be to bypass our best player entirely.

Byers will be useful in the Championship. Lewis will step up eventually. Rodon isn't good enough. Team needs a goalkeeper who can catch.

No Kest ?

Beware of the Risen People

U23s vs Derby on 21:37 - Jan 15 with 1251 viewsswanforthemoney

U23s vs Derby on 19:02 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Too many of these kids wearing gloves. What are they teaching them in the academy?

They are teaching them to keep their hands warm.

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

U23s vs Derby on 21:40 - Jan 15 with 1233 viewsjackeinstein

U23s vs Derby on 21:27 - Jan 15 by Kilkennyjack

No Kest ?

Would of thought he’s going back out on loan, needs to after a disasterous loan at Yeovil why we give players to Yeovil when Darren way seems to keep them as back up .
U23s vs Derby on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 1153 viewsairedale

U23s vs Derby on 21:04 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Thanks for the final result, couldn’t find on the Official site.

Keep coders away from EU systems.
U23s vs Derby on 23:07 - Jan 15 with 1035 viewstheloneranger

U23s vs Derby on 20:47 - Jan 15 by JoshTheJack

Lucky as.

Sorry, a fat finger gave you a down arrow

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

U23s vs Derby on 08:07 - Jan 16 with 868 views34dfgdf54

U23s vs Derby on 21:40 - Jan 15 by jackeinstein

Would of thought he’s going back out on loan, needs to after a disasterous loan at Yeovil why we give players to Yeovil when Darren way seems to keep them as back up .

Roberts had player of the year there etc, if your good enough you will play. Unfortunately, and I say this with the utmost respect, alot of ours don't look like they have it.

I think it says alot about the standard of the U23 league though as we seem to do very well in that, but when the players go off and play competitive football, they struggle to make an impact. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair.
U23s vs Derby on 09:10 - Jan 16 with 793 viewsjackeinstein

U23s vs Derby on 08:07 - Jan 16 by 34dfgdf54

Roberts had player of the year there etc, if your good enough you will play. Unfortunately, and I say this with the utmost respect, alot of ours don't look like they have it.

I think it says alot about the standard of the U23 league though as we seem to do very well in that, but when the players go off and play competitive football, they struggle to make an impact. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair.

Cant agree with you there Roberts went from player of the year to a poor loan spell at Bristol Rovers to a poor loan spell at Middlesbrough to two games in our first team where he has looked more than comfortable.
Was Connor not good enough for Bristol Rovers? because he didn't play.

Our clubs loan system for younger players and integration into the first team squads is nearly non existent, we should be working harder to get better loan moves for the younger players and if they are not good enough for our first team fine move them on to lower league clubs and recoup some money, surely that makes sense both from a development and business point of view.
U23s vs Derby on 09:26 - Jan 16 with 765 viewsjasper_T

It takes a lot of faith for any manager to bring in a loan player with no senior experience and say "okay, you're in my first 11 this season". As we all know, training and reserves performances can only tell you so much, and the game is ruthless throughout the divisions. Managers have to be pragmatic to survive.

Connor Roberts loan to Yeovil was as backup. He only expected to get a few games here and there, but he got his chance early and made the shirt his own, only missing one game all season due to a Wales u21s callup. Unfortunately a lot of loan players never get that lucky break, or fail to make a big enough impression in their first 90/180 minutes of senior competitive football. It's tough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024