Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH 14:19 - Jan 16 with 1839 viewstheloneranger

Well worth a read

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2018/01/12/the-day-the-swansea-way-went-south/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 14:28 - Jan 16 with 1796 viewsSoberBaker

AMOW

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 15:07 - Jan 16 with 1678 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I agree, but not necessarily for the same reasons.
Because of course the club was losing game after game since winning the Cup and heading for exactly where we are now. due to a small squad and too many games to play.
Laudrup was renowned for losing interest after the first season and of falling out with management.
Everybody gives him credit for bringing in players, but wasn't it his partner who did all the leg work?
But the falling out with Jenkins gave Jenkins sole control over the club and that is the downfall of the club in a nutshell.
THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 15:13 - Jan 16 with 1652 viewsPegojack

Whilst I'm the last person in the world to defend Gonzo, how come there's not one word in that article about the skullduggery perpetrated by Laudrup's agent, and the millions he was (allegedly) skimming from the club?
THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 15:15 - Jan 16 with 1644 viewsWingstandwood

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 14:28 - Jan 16 by SoberBaker

Yep! In a nutshell!

SCFC the club that threw everything away and replaced it with sub-standard 'jobs-for-the-boys' lunacy and self-destruction from within.

Argus!

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 15:18 - Jan 16 with 1635 viewsLohengrin

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 14:28 - Jan 16 by SoberBaker

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 15:24 - Jan 16 with 1615 viewsJackBaston

Good article

I was definitely made aware of a clique, but I think the major reason Huw dismissed Laudrup was the falling out over his agent Tutumlu, the sums he'd earn from his players he'd bring in and that he was heavily involved with the players

As much as I also acredit our downward spiral to the sacking of Laudrup, the Martin Morgan fiasco also ruined Monk's tenure and believe that's what started the sale to the American's
THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 16:36 - Jan 16 with 1467 viewssherpajacob

We were still in the Europa cup when ML was sacked, and I genuinely believe with a smidgen of luck we could have won it = champions league qualification.

Laudrup was always a short term appointment, I believe the plan was ML for 2-3 years until one of the old guard schooled in the swansea way was ready to take over, Liverpool boot room style.

Unfortunately it happened too quickly and the job went to the wrong old guardsmen.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 16:44 - Jan 16 with 1438 viewsA_Fans_Dad

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 15:13 - Jan 16 by Pegojack

Whilst I'm the last person in the world to defend Gonzo, how come there's not one word in that article about the skullduggery perpetrated by Laudrup's agent, and the millions he was (allegedly) skimming from the club?

Compared to what has been "wasted" since, that was peanuts.
Login to get fewer ads

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 16:46 - Jan 16 with 1430 viewsWingstandwood

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 16:36 - Jan 16 by sherpajacob

We were still in the Europa cup when ML was sacked, and I genuinely believe with a smidgen of luck we could have won it = champions league qualification.

Laudrup was always a short term appointment, I believe the plan was ML for 2-3 years until one of the old guard schooled in the swansea way was ready to take over, Liverpool boot room style.

Unfortunately it happened too quickly and the job went to the wrong old guardsmen.

The Liverpool way was great, the replacement that came in always had years of experience and was backed up by others with years of experience also.

What do we do?....We get in zero experience Monk and have him to work alongside the likes of parasitic club limpet Kristian O' Leary whom was previously 'headhunted' from Neath Town.

Talk about a complete and utter farce and recipe for complete and utter Kamikaze regression!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:56]

Argus!

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 17:04 - Jan 16 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 16:46 - Jan 16 by Wingstandwood

The Liverpool way was great, the replacement that came in always had years of experience and was backed up by others with years of experience also.

What do we do?....We get in zero experience Monk and have him to work alongside the likes of parasitic club limpet Kristian O' Leary whom was previously 'headhunted' from Neath Town.

Talk about a complete and utter farce and recipe for complete and utter Kamikaze regression!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:56]

But on the bright side they always said yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir to Huw.
Which is just what he needed after ML.
THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 1344 viewsWingstandwood

THE DAY THE SWANSEA WAY WENT SOUTH on 17:04 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

But on the bright side they always said yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir to Huw.
Which is just what he needed after ML.

Exactly! Monk the only manager to become a manager at the highest level by sh#t stirring and trouble making....He knew exactly what he was doing when he was running back and fore to the headmaster.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024