Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Churchill and Wales 10:57 - Jan 17 with 24450 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Churchill and Wales on 20:41 - Jan 18 with 1433 viewsPacemaker

Churchill and Wales on 00:00 - Jan 18 by Jack_Kass

They were deployed nearby as backup, but never physically stood foot in Tonypandy in 1910, they certainly did not intervene.

Churchill later reported to the King that he had not needed the intervention of soldiers to regain peace in Tonypandy.

Llanelli in 1911? a whole different story, most certainly.

19th Hussars patrolled on horseback in Tonypandy and Porth is a fact but the military commanders were somewhat less heavy handed than the Glamorgan Constabulary, Cardiff City Police and Metropolitan Police.

The Hussars were stationed at Maindy Baracks and brought into the Rhondda as a show of strength and as a way to try and calm matters down.

The Police were in effect controlled by the Mine Owners the military by Churchill.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Churchill and Wales on 02:21 - Jan 19 with 1387 viewsHumpty

Churchill and Wales on 07:37 - Jan 18 by Lohengrin

No, Hump. We've been here before haven't we? The last time I reeled off a list of the dozen or so biggest players in The City and Wall Street inter-war, none of whom were Jewish.

Just to make it crystal clear I'm not using 'finance' as a code-word for Jewish. I don't believe in any nonsense about Jewish conspiracies and I am not, nor ever have been, some sort of cranky holocaust denier.

That do 'ya?

Yes thanks. That's fine.

BTW I've never accused you of being a holocaust denier. Strawman. You're better than that.

You're an admirer of Mosley. The leader of the BUF. An antisemitic fascist. Jack was quoting Chesterton. A member of the BUF and co-founder of the National Front. An antisemetic fascist. I'm not using the term fascist in the silly pejorative way it is sometimes used. I'm accurately describing who they were and they wouldn't disagree with me.

Fascists, when talking about "international finance" usually mean Jews. You know that.

I'm glad you weren't.
Churchill and Wales on 02:24 - Jan 19 with 1386 viewsHumpty

Churchill and Wales on 09:58 - Jan 18 by Lohengrin

What was Plaid's stance in 1939, Hump?

Dunno. Anti war I guess, seeing as you ask it.

My interest in Plaid ends with giving lovely Leanne a lovely big cwtch. And after that? Who knows. She could do worse.
Churchill and Wales on 02:26 - Jan 19 with 1385 viewsHumpty

Churchill and Wales on 09:35 - Jan 18 by Jack_Meoff

No mate. I'm speaking about the demons who have monopolised and commoditized money via their central bank model and lend said money, at interest, to countries whilst skimming off eye watering amounts of usurious interest. The parasitic entities who have created a tsunami of debt that will one day drown us all.

According to Carroll Quigley in 'Tragedy and Hope', the main banking families at the turn of the 20th century were as follows: Baring, Lazard, Warburg, Shroeder, Erlinger, Astor, Marley, Gould, Rothschild and Morgan (as well as few other whose spelling evades me right now...). These families are from all denominations, so to dismiss it as 'the jews' would be a lazy stereotype. I'd hope to be a bit more objective than that.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 11:36]

Fair enough.

See my reply to Lohengrin above.
Churchill and Wales on 02:28 - Jan 19 with 1385 viewsHumpty

Churchill and Wales on 10:43 - Jan 18 by trampie

I have had to pull you up accusing people of drinking when there is no evidence, you like to say anybody with an opposing view to you is mad to try and discredit them, you put up images of atrocities to back up one side of an argument when you know full well that somebody with an opposing view could put up images of atrocities committed by the other side but that would lead to chaos and you do stuff like this where you know book after book has been written in recent times all saying that the establishment tried to do a number on them to discredit them to stop Wales becoming another Ireland/breaking away from the union, I don't know why Brit Nats sink so low but they do, everytime.

Who's he accusing of being drunk Tramp?

Me?

If he was he was right. Utterly pissed.
Churchill and Wales on 02:40 - Jan 19 with 1382 viewsHumpty

Churchill and Wales on 01:38 - Jan 18 by Humpty

That could be directed at other people on this thread Perch. People you actually like.

England and Nazi Germany united against the real enemy in the East.

Loh, your down arrow indicates displeasure. Why?

You have, on many times said we should not have gone to war with Germany. Why should your wife's uncle die for the Danzig corridor etc, like that was all it was about. You've also said we should have gone to war with Soviet Russia instead. Which was exactly what Nazi Germany was doing at the time.

It's hardly a hard inferrence to make is it?
Churchill and Wales on 02:46 - Jan 19 with 1381 viewsHumpty

Churchill and Wales on 09:29 - Jan 18 by perchrockjack

Hump.
Reading it again ,no question that there is a cleR inference by trampie that Enlish people were in agreement with and supported nazi aims .
Highly offensive

Yes Rich. I know that. Silly bollocks from Tramp. Hardly suprising. The English were obviously not on the same side as the Nazis.

There are people on here who would have liked to see it happen though.
Churchill and Wales on 07:05 - Jan 19 with 1349 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 02:46 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Yes Rich. I know that. Silly bollocks from Tramp. Hardly suprising. The English were obviously not on the same side as the Nazis.

There are people on here who would have liked to see it happen though.

The English were obviously not on the same side as the Nazis and no one has said they were.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 7:10]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Churchill and Wales on 07:23 - Jan 19 with 1340 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 02:40 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Loh, your down arrow indicates displeasure. Why?

You have, on many times said we should not have gone to war with Germany. Why should your wife's uncle die for the Danzig corridor etc, like that was all it was about. You've also said we should have gone to war with Soviet Russia instead. Which was exactly what Nazi Germany was doing at the time.

It's hardly a hard inferrence to make is it?

Fat fingers on the phone, I'm afraid. You'd given me a chuckle I was much in need of at the time. I was trying to give you a pat on the back, sorry.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Churchill and Wales on 07:25 - Jan 19 with 1339 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 02:28 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Who's he accusing of being drunk Tramp?

Me?

If he was he was right. Utterly pissed.

Leanne In another thread. That's why his hackles were raised.

What were you drinking by the way?

Churchill and Wales on 07:27 - Jan 19 with 1332 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 07:25 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

Leanne In another thread. That's why his hackles were raised.

What were you drinking by the way?

Why do you constantly say she drinks ?, what's that all about ?

Churchill and Wales on 07:31 - Jan 19 with 1323 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 02:21 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Yes thanks. That's fine.

BTW I've never accused you of being a holocaust denier. Strawman. You're better than that.

You're an admirer of Mosley. The leader of the BUF. An antisemitic fascist. Jack was quoting Chesterton. A member of the BUF and co-founder of the National Front. An antisemetic fascist. I'm not using the term fascist in the silly pejorative way it is sometimes used. I'm accurately describing who they were and they wouldn't disagree with me.

Fascists, when talking about "international finance" usually mean Jews. You know that.

I'm glad you weren't.

A huge, lifelong admirer of Mosley. I would refer you to his resignation speech from the Labour government and his booklet Revolution by Reason as proof of the cyclical nature of history and politics.

Churchill and Wales on 07:34 - Jan 19 with 1318 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 07:27 - Jan 19 by trampie

Why do you constantly say she drinks ?, what's that all about ?

Mainly because it transforms you into the Galahad of Glyneath...

Churchill and Wales on 07:39 - Jan 19 with 1308 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 07:34 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

Mainly because it transforms you into the Galahad of Glyneath...

Why make something untrue up about somebody, why discredit yourself ?, have you no moral compass ?, what if people made something up not true about one of your daughter's ?, I can't say you should be better than that because I don't know you, but it's poor making things up about people just to try and discredit them.

Churchill and Wales on 07:46 - Jan 19 with 1295 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 07:39 - Jan 19 by trampie

Why make something untrue up about somebody, why discredit yourself ?, have you no moral compass ?, what if people made something up not true about one of your daughter's ?, I can't say you should be better than that because I don't know you, but it's poor making things up about people just to try and discredit them.

I said mainly, not wholly. After a lifetime spent in the bar I'm attuned to the tell-tale pallor of the tippler.

Anyway, it's not 'me' saying she likes a swig. I'm just following the crowd like an easily persuaded sheep.

Churchill and Wales on 07:54 - Jan 19 with 1290 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 07:46 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

I said mainly, not wholly. After a lifetime spent in the bar I'm attuned to the tell-tale pallor of the tippler.

Anyway, it's not 'me' saying she likes a swig. I'm just following the crowd like an easily persuaded sheep.

It is you and the crowd of sheep follow you, I would be ashamed if I was you, it's really not cricket, it's not fair, it's not nice and it's not right to make things up about people.

Churchill and Wales on 07:57 - Jan 19 with 1285 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 07:54 - Jan 19 by trampie

It is you and the crowd of sheep follow you, I would be ashamed if I was you, it's really not cricket, it's not fair, it's not nice and it's not right to make things up about people.

Aww bless you, Tramp.

Churchill and Wales on 10:22 - Jan 19 with 1244 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 07:31 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

A huge, lifelong admirer of Mosley. I would refer you to his resignation speech from the Labour government and his booklet Revolution by Reason as proof of the cyclical nature of history and politics.

A huge,lifelong admirer of Oswald Mosley....nice

He really hated the Jews that one...along with his best mates Mussolini and Lord Haw Haw of course.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Churchill and Wales on 10:45 - Jan 19 with 1221 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 10:22 - Jan 19 by Lord_Bony

A huge,lifelong admirer of Oswald Mosley....nice

He really hated the Jews that one...along with his best mates Mussolini and Lord Haw Haw of course.

Actually he didn't 'hate' Jews at all. That's just silly.

He met Mussolini once, perhaps twice, I believe. William Joyce? He expelled him from British Union three years before the war.

I'll be at the crease for about an hour, Bony. Keep 'em coming, try a few spinners.

Churchill and Wales on 10:55 - Jan 19 with 1214 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 10:45 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

Actually he didn't 'hate' Jews at all. That's just silly.

He met Mussolini once, perhaps twice, I believe. William Joyce? He expelled him from British Union three years before the war.

I'll be at the crease for about an hour, Bony. Keep 'em coming, try a few spinners.

Got to go to work my friend so can't play long.

Mussolini had a huge effect on him as he came back from meeting him and immediately formed the British Union of Fascists.

A large part of their manifesto was anti Semitic...many Jews to be stripped of their British citizenship and then deported...lord knows to where at that time. All Jews to be treated as foreigners.

It's why he held his rallies in the east end of London's Jewish quarters.... not a nice chap.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Churchill and Wales on 11:58 - Jan 19 with 1167 viewsJack_Kass

Churchill and Wales on 10:55 - Jan 19 by Lord_Bony

Mussolini had a huge effect on him as he came back from meeting him and immediately formed the British Union of Fascists.

A large part of their manifesto was anti Semitic...many Jews to be stripped of their British citizenship and then deported...lord knows to where at that time. All Jews to be treated as foreigners.

It's why he held his rallies in the east end of London's Jewish quarters.... not a nice chap.

Didn't have any particular feeling about jews..

But did get married to a Mitford sister at Joseph Goebbels house, where coincidentally, Adolf happened to be a guest of honor.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:58]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Churchill and Wales on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 1159 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 10:55 - Jan 19 by Lord_Bony

Quickly then, seeing as you're off...

* Mussolini had a huge effect on a lot of British commentators during the '20s and early '30s. Michael Foot compiled a short book during the war under the pen-name 'Cassius,' entitled The Trial of Mussolini. Are you familiar with it? It takes place in a courtroom where Mussolini's defence is comprised entirely of favourable, genuine quotes from British politicians and other prominent figures from right across the spectrum in praise of the Italian leader and his programme. Foot had written it to highlight hypocrisy in high places, it caused considerable embarrassment at the time.

* * It really isn't, Bony. I'm sat here with a copy of 100 Questions asked and Answered right now and there are only two or three points where they are mentioned at all. Yes he wanted to deport foreign Communists and Anarchists, the Arthur Koestlers of this world, but his animus didn't extend to the bloke running the bagle shop! The previous 'manifesto, The Greater Britain from 1932 doesn't mention Jews, nor do either of his two post-war contributions, The Alternative or Europe: Faith and Plan.

Did BU harbour genuine anti-semites? It did. Lunatic ones at that, I'll not make excuses for them but I would like to point out they were expelled by the score.I'm not trying to paint him as a saint. He clearly wasn't, far from it. By the same token nor was he entirely sinner. His personal 'anti-semitism' was shared by and no worse in many respects than most of his class and generation, a cultural norm. I'd refer you to Clem Attlee's sneer about having had "quite enough of the chosen, thank you." Or any number of Ernie Bevin's choice remarks.

What's the attraction for me? That's an easy one. It's difficult in 2018 to imagine what life was like in the depression. Despair and hunger are easy adjectives to ascribe but difficult for us to 'feel' now. For people at the time this was a daily reality. As the entire political class floundered he alone rose to the challenge. Can you imagine an establishment politician today, because that's what he was, resigning office on a point of principle, in his case the failure of the Labour government to make a concerted attempt to tackle unemployment, and take that fight to the street?

I'd urge you to read Robert Skidelsky's Politicians and the Slump. Mosley had the stuff heroes are made of, of that I haven't the slightest doubt.

Churchill and Wales on 12:27 - Jan 19 with 1130 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:58 - Jan 19 by Jack_Kass

Didn't have any particular feeling about jews..

But did get married to a Mitford sister at Joseph Goebbels house, where coincidentally, Adolf happened to be a guest of honor.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:58]

It was the single occasion where he had met Hitler, Kass. There was an interesting anecdote as regards that on Panorama where footage was shown of Bob Boothby recalling having asked Mosley what he had made of Hitler, "it was rather like having dinner with Al Capone," came the reply.

He was no fool.

Churchill and Wales on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 1121 viewsKerouac

Robert Skidelsky is an interesting chap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Churchill and Wales on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 1118 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 12:46 - Jan 19 by Kerouac

Robert Skidelsky is an interesting chap.

He's had an interesting and varied career, certainly. I heard him speak up at Hay once on Keynes. I think he may have suffered a bump on the head afterward as the last I'd heard of him he was backing Corbyn on Channel 4.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024