Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial 19:41 - Jan 17 with 10152 viewsacejack3065

Amazed at the numbers who have stayed away. Can’t wait for reduced queues at the riverside next year.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 19:57 - Jan 17 with 8038 viewsWingstandwood

Apparently? According to the Swansea Sound commentator the club in all its wisdom have decided to use what I perceive to be the the auditory/football equivalent of canned laughter.....A 'canned' PA system version of "Hymns And Arias" in a blatant and desperate attempt by the club to create an atmosphere of passion that once was a rather expected and usual occurrence at the Liberty Stadium.

Anyhow the commentator was not impressed and rather p#ssed off by it to say the least.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 20:00]

Argus!

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:05 - Jan 17 with 7889 viewsbangorjack

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 19:57 - Jan 17 by Wingstandwood

Apparently? According to the Swansea Sound commentator the club in all its wisdom have decided to use what I perceive to be the the auditory/football equivalent of canned laughter.....A 'canned' PA system version of "Hymns And Arias" in a blatant and desperate attempt by the club to create an atmosphere of passion that once was a rather expected and usual occurrence at the Liberty Stadium.

Anyhow the commentator was not impressed and rather p#ssed off by it to say the least.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 20:00]

They’ve played that every game for a couple of years.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 7792 viewsWingstandwood

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:05 - Jan 17 by bangorjack

Yep! They used to sing it once!

Argus!

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:22 - Jan 17 with 7672 viewsWAFU

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:05 - Jan 17 by bangorjack

No they haven’t.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:30 - Jan 17 with 7585 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:22 - Jan 17 by WAFU

No they haven’t.

No, it might well be three.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:30 - Jan 17 with 7573 viewsJackfath

Certainly been piping it in prior to kick off for a few seasons. Only noticed the hideous canned song during the match this season.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:35 - Jan 17 with 7512 viewsWAFU

It’s only been used during the game this season.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:37 - Jan 17 with 7476 viewsJackfath

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:35 - Jan 17 by WAFU

So it's not piped in just before kick off?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:37 - Jan 17 with 7481 viewsWingstandwood

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:30 - Jan 17 by Jackfath

Certainly been piping it in prior to kick off for a few seasons. Only noticed the hideous canned song during the match this season.

When the stadium is full you can get away with it, but when there is a poor attendance it does rather seem like a stupid thing to do.

Argus!

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:38 - Jan 17 with 7468 viewsbangorjack

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:35 - Jan 17 by WAFU

I agree with that. The initial post mentioning it however didn’t specify during the game. I was referring to the minutes before kick-off.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:40 - Jan 17 with 7429 viewsCooperman

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 20:30 - Jan 17 by Jackfath

Same here.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:51 - Jan 17 with 7072 viewsdonnybackspin

What was the attendance tonight
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:54 - Jan 17 with 7029 viewsjacabertawe

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:51 - Jan 17 by donnybackspin

What was the attendance tonight

Don't think that they want to tell us.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:56 - Jan 17 with 7004 viewsJackUlation

The canned music was played during the Jenkins out / get out of our club chants, for obvious reasons.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:58 - Jan 17 with 6979 viewsJackUlation

was informed that they closed the North stand to SCFC supporters tonight to make the side stand appear fuller.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:58 - Jan 17 with 6968 viewsjacabertawe

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 21:56 - Jan 17 by JackUlation

The canned music was played during the Jenkins out / get out of our club chants, for obvious reasons.

Someone then has been given orders to do that. North Korea-ish.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:14 - Jan 17 with 6856 viewsNewhousemustscore

regarding the size of the crowd - I have my season ticket for next year & have only missed one home game since the Liberty opened. However, I wasn't prepared to pay £10 in booking fees for 4 tickets for my family, so decided to stay away. It was a dilemma, but one that may well have seen others following suit. Jenkins/the Yanks have decided to get a little extra cash out of the fans, but they actually ended up losing my business for tonight.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:17 - Jan 17 with 6809 viewsbonymine

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:14 - Jan 17 by Newhousemustscore

regarding the size of the crowd - I have my season ticket for next year & have only missed one home game since the Liberty opened. However, I wasn't prepared to pay £10 in booking fees for 4 tickets for my family, so decided to stay away. It was a dilemma, but one that may well have seen others following suit. Jenkins/the Yanks have decided to get a little extra cash out of the fans, but they actually ended up losing my business for tonight.

100% this and like so many more S/T Holders ........we don’t like the p1ss beng taken out of us ........

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 6651 viewsdonnybackspin

Yes Jenkins and his band of yanks lost out tonight. I wasn't prepared to pay the extra £10 for my 4 season ticket holders.

I hope they get the message and drop the charges.
Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 6527 viewsLandore_Jack

Message sent lound and clear to the owners regarding the booking fees.

#backtojack

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:57 - Jan 17 with 6498 viewsWingstandwood

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:39 - Jan 17 by donnybackspin

Yes Jenkins and his band of yanks lost out tonight. I wasn't prepared to pay the extra £10 for my 4 season ticket holders.

I hope they get the message and drop the charges.

Aye, Jenkins, Yanks and sell-outs do rather seem to have blatant and deliberate intent to do everything humanly possible to alienate, offend and anger the very supporters that are ummmmmmmmmmm......... The very lifeblood and sustenance of the club i.e. being the ones that do actually put money into the club as opposed to leeching away, freeloading, stuffing pockets and robbing the club blind via legal means.

The vice president members shenanigans, the ticketing fee effrontery, the sellouts continued leeching, the Leigh Dineen reappointment farce, Van Zweden's online baiting, the transfer window incompetence, inaction and disgrace etc, etc, etc.

Chickens are coming home to roost for the lowlife filth that has infiltrated the club! To every action there will be an opposite reaction!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 22:59]

Argus!

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 6475 viewsSTID2017

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:54 - Jan 17 by Landore_Jack

Message sent lound and clear to the owners regarding the booking fees.

Was it via the tannoy?
If so never understood most of those messages since the stadium opened.
I reckon HJ saved a few quid and brought the old system from the Vetch ....

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 06:57 - Jan 18 with 6086 viewsMattG

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 22:59 - Jan 17 by STID2017

Was it via the tannoy?
If so never understood most of those messages since the stadium opened.
I reckon HJ saved a few quid and brought the old system from the Vetch ....

Talking of the tannoy, anyone want to explain this to me.....

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 5833 viewsfbreath

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 06:57 - Jan 18 by MattG

Talking of the tannoy, anyone want to explain this to me.....

I thought it was strange they played that song.

Re Hymns and Arias it was played about 1 minute before kick off first half and everyone around me was laughing as it was so hideous. As it got closer to kick off it appeared to get a bit louder lol.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 11:03 - Jan 18 with 5811 viewsWingstandwood

Bigger crowd for Alan Tates testamonial on 10:57 - Jan 18 by fbreath

I thought it was strange they played that song.

Re Hymns and Arias it was played about 1 minute before kick off first half and everyone around me was laughing as it was so hideous. As it got closer to kick off it appeared to get a bit louder lol.

That particular Swansea Sound commentator is equally irritated by that 'canned--song' in the same way another completely different Swansea Sound commentator was with Sam Clucas during an away game.

Sam 'BLOODY' Clucas was how he referred to him.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 11:05]

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024