Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 22:00 - Jan 17 with 6880 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wait.. so refs can choose not to refer to VAR?

Clear pen for Chelsea, but Willian gets booked instead? wtf?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

VAR on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 1644 viewsPozuelosSideys

VAR on 22:43 - Jan 17 by WAFU

Bony will probably be injured.

Answer the question

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

VAR on 22:46 - Jan 17 with 1622 viewsSgorioFruit

FFS
That was a cracking opportunity to knock Chelsea out then.

They will go on to win it now

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

VAR on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 1575 viewsploppy

VAR on 22:42 - Jan 17 by PozuelosSideys

Ok. So when that happens to us on the last day of the season, Bony is pegged in the box and Bobby Maddley decides "nah, fck it. im not looking at that, im right and always right".. and books Bony instead of even bothering to look at the video which relegates us, then youd be cool with that then?

That's not how it works though is it (correct me if I'm wrong). If VAR looked at this hypothetical Bony incident and decided it was an obvious pen then the ref would be alerted. That's how I understand it.

Regardless, I'd probably be annoyed but philosophical about it when I'd calmed down. If we need a hypothetical dubious penalty to keep us up on the last day of the season then we can't claim that we deserve to stay up.
VAR on 23:03 - Jan 17 with 1565 viewsPozuelosSideys

VAR on 22:59 - Jan 17 by ploppy

That's not how it works though is it (correct me if I'm wrong). If VAR looked at this hypothetical Bony incident and decided it was an obvious pen then the ref would be alerted. That's how I understand it.

Regardless, I'd probably be annoyed but philosophical about it when I'd calmed down. If we need a hypothetical dubious penalty to keep us up on the last day of the season then we can't claim that we deserve to stay up.

Tbh, i thought the Chelsea incident was a stonewaller.

These refs already have undue influence on games and results. Todays example just screams that there will be even more inconsistency between refs going forward. Just like how some refs give pens for blocking/pulling in the box.. or ball to hand/hand to ball incidents. You can bet your ass the same odl suspects will get away with it

VAR on 23:07 - Jan 17 with 1561 viewsGlyn1

Ok. So when that happens to us on the last day of the season, Bony is pegged in the box and Bobby Maddley decides "nah, fck it. im not looking at that, im right and always right".. and books Bony instead of even bothering to look at the video which relegates us, then youd be cool with that then?

In that case, the VAR referee takes the responsibility to tell Jon Moss that a clear offence has occurred. I think the VAR referee can over rule the match referee (?).

That didn't happen in this case because what happened wasn't clear cut - people here are still arguing about it - it certainly wasn't an obvious foul or an obvious dive.

Good idea to give the managers the right of appeal a fixed number of times, but it wouldn't have helped Chelsea in this case.

I imagine TalkSport will be scheduling the next two or three days to discuss this.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 23:08]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

VAR on 23:12 - Jan 17 with 1553 viewsJack_Kass

As expected

If they were smarter, refs are better off just giving the decision every time, and just giving the VAR final say.

If I'm an AR then im flagging at the smallest hint of offside, there are no consquences to me being wrong.

Pandoras box is open.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

VAR on 23:17 - Jan 17 with 1539 viewsploppy

VAR on 23:12 - Jan 17 by Jack_Kass

As expected

If they were smarter, refs are better off just giving the decision every time, and just giving the VAR final say.

If I'm an AR then im flagging at the smallest hint of offside, there are no consquences to me being wrong.

Pandoras box is open.

I mentioned this the other day as an unintended consequence of VAR. This is the worst possible outcome, and if it starts happening we'd be better off without it.
VAR on 23:25 - Jan 17 with 1526 viewsJack_Kass

VAR on 23:17 - Jan 17 by ploppy

I mentioned this the other day as an unintended consequence of VAR. This is the worst possible outcome, and if it starts happening we'd be better off without it.

Refs and assistants will get smarter to it, and why not, it almost turns them into babysitters in the areas between both teams penalty areas, a lot easier than their current gig.

The VAR is reviewing every decision he makes anyway, why bother taking any of the flack?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 23:30 - Jan 17 with 1512 viewsploppy

VAR on 23:25 - Jan 17 by Jack_Kass

Refs and assistants will get smarter to it, and why not, it almost turns them into babysitters in the areas between both teams penalty areas, a lot easier than their current gig.

The VAR is reviewing every decision he makes anyway, why bother taking any of the flack?

Yes but what we're pointing out is that refs and ARs might start giving every decision, thereby stopping play, and then reviewing. That would be a shame.
VAR on 23:37 - Jan 17 with 1508 viewsLandore_Jack

The majority of PL grounds have a big screen. Why not show replays if the ref wishes to review an incident?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 23:38]

#backtojack

VAR on 23:40 - Jan 17 with 1502 viewsLeonWasGod

VAR on 23:37 - Jan 17 by Landore_Jack

The majority of PL grounds have a big screen. Why not show replays if the ref wishes to review an incident?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 23:38]

Rule against that as it can stir up the fans too much, apparently. Bloody stupid if you ask me - it happens in other sports.

Edit - remember when we did it and got a wrap over the knuckles. I don't know who's rule it is though, presumably PL?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 23:41]
VAR on 07:48 - Jan 18 with 1420 viewspikeypaul

VAR on 22:09 - Jan 17 by PozuelosSideys

So whats the point in it then? Most of these refs are egotistical tossers. Means the big boys still get away with it and the small fish get screwed

Which would usually be the outcome.

But last night it was the other way around.

Very obvious and clear penalty for Chelsea,they may aswell scrap
VAR after last night.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 7:54]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

VAR on 08:30 - Jan 18 with 1399 viewsPegojack

VAR on 22:02 - Jan 17 by jacabertawe

Correct. Willian is not a dirty diver and that was a clear penalty.

Having watched it about a thousand times this morning on replay, I think the decision was correct. He had successfully hurdled the Norwich defender's leg but seeing he was about to lose the ball and it was in the penalty area, he decided to catch the leg with his trailing foot and go to ground.

Also, a huge round of applause for the ref booking Morata for another clear dive, then correctly booking him again seconds later for dissent and sending him off. Not many Premier referees would have the bottle to do that.

This VAR system is a bresh of fresh air. We'll soon get rid of these cheating caaants.

Deli Ali was unavailable for comment.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 8:37]
VAR on 09:40 - Jan 18 with 1375 viewskarnataka

VAR on 22:36 - Jan 17 by shandyjack

i gotta be honest i find it hard for anyone to say it wasn't a penalty

Well I'm not convinced. In the replays it looks to me like he's already got both feet off the floor just before contact is made. I wonder why?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 9:51]
VAR on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 1345 viewsDafyddHuw

You think we will still be in with a chance of survival up to the last game of the season?

I'll have some of whatever you're drinking/smoking.
VAR on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 1332 viewsswans11

VAR on 09:40 - Jan 18 by karnataka

Well I'm not convinced. In the replays it looks to me like he's already got both feet off the floor just before contact is made. I wonder why?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 9:51]

for me it's a penalty he has both feet off flour because he has jumped to avoid the tackle if he just runs after the ball he gets wiped out definitely penalty he jumps to try and go with the ball it's not a dive.
VAR on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 1329 viewsmonmouth

If the vid ref thinks it an obvious mistake he will inform the referee. He didn’t and he didn’t. He was right Willian played for it. BUT if Scott had given the pen it would still have not been clear and obvious mistake so he would still not have overruled probably. Some things remain down to judgement whether you watch them on tv or on the pitch. Personally I thought Scott had a fantastic game. The best from. A referee I’ve seen in years. Courage and conviction. I wish he’d been reffing us vs Totto. Shame the cheats didn’t lose as well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

VAR on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1321 viewsjasper_T

VAR on 23:25 - Jan 17 by Jack_Kass

The VAR only operates on a limited set of decisions under the current rules. I think it's only goals, penalties, straight reds and the like that they're allowed to review. They can't stick their nose into every marginal offside near halfway, and the referee doesn't have the luxury of deferring it.
VAR on 13:46 - Jan 18 with 1280 viewskarnataka

VAR on 10:30 - Jan 18 by swans11

for me it's a penalty he has both feet off flour because he has jumped to avoid the tackle if he just runs after the ball he gets wiped out definitely penalty he jumps to try and go with the ball it's not a dive.

Well there you go, you're convinced, I'm not. If you were the ref and had given a penalty, if I was the VAR man, I'd have overruled your decision! The obvious solution would be for Chelsea to have had the right to challenge the initial decision.
VAR on 19:07 - Jan 18 with 1223 viewsswans11

the var can not over rule anything the referee has the final say on everything. if the var says to the ref look at this he then can either accept the var opinion or go and look himself and he then makes the decision
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 2:09]
VAR on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 1192 viewstomdickharry

If they add on all the minutes spent looking at VAR then the 2 hour game will soon be with us.
VAR on 21:15 - Jan 18 with 1172 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Graham Scott......still crap even with VAR, you can't polish one!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

VAR on 22:11 - Jan 18 with 1161 viewsploppy

VAR on 21:15 - Jan 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Graham Scott......still crap even with VAR, you can't polish one!

Thought he was pretty good. And brave enough to book Chelsea players at The Bridge for diving - you don't see that very often. The fact that there are differing opinions on this forum about the penalty decision shows that it wasn't obvious.
VAR on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 1156 viewsBanosswan

Why is it such a big thing? It just happened in other sports. The argument for the flow of football is rubbish. There are much more flowing games that use video referees successfully.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

VAR on 00:14 - Jan 19 with 1137 viewsWarwickHunt

VAR on 10:30 - Jan 18 by swans11

Self-raising then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024