Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 22:00 - Jan 17 with 6858 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wait.. so refs can choose not to refer to VAR?

Clear pen for Chelsea, but Willian gets booked instead? wtf?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

VAR on 08:26 - Jan 19 with 754 viewsSeaJack

VAR on 22:25 - Jan 18 by Banosswan

Why is it such a big thing? It just happened in other sports. The argument for the flow of football is rubbish. There are much more flowing games that use video referees successfully.

The flow of the game will be there as the players will not crowd round the referee and argue their case so much. I've noticed myself that yellow carding the player who argues with the ref doesn't always have the intended effect of keeping discipline. I noticed that both teams of players didn't go up to the ref when VAR was used much like what happens in a rugby game. If you take a look at the flow of a rugby game it will effectively have the feel of that which is a smooth 80mins worth of entertainment. The time wasting will be gone and a more efficient game will appear in it's place.
VAR on 08:42 - Jan 19 with 751 viewsploppy

VAR on 08:26 - Jan 19 by SeaJack

The flow of the game will be there as the players will not crowd round the referee and argue their case so much. I've noticed myself that yellow carding the player who argues with the ref doesn't always have the intended effect of keeping discipline. I noticed that both teams of players didn't go up to the ref when VAR was used much like what happens in a rugby game. If you take a look at the flow of a rugby game it will effectively have the feel of that which is a smooth 80mins worth of entertainment. The time wasting will be gone and a more efficient game will appear in it's place.

Don't agree about rugby. It's become much more stop start since TMO reviews.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024