Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Room101 17:55 - Jan 18 with 11662 viewsperchrockjack

1. People who say" enjoy" in restaurants .. Just disingenuous shyte
2. Plastic covering on razor blades. Just dangerous to get off
3. Petrol stations with signs " use other pump...as you ve just arrived at pump
4.People who use the word " dude" and " cool " now well out of date
5. Sit on lawn mowers ...get off and push you idle feckers and build an Orangery

6. Pubic hair left in public urinal ..just shave it off ffs or at least trim neatly

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Your Room101 on 15:14 - Jan 21 with 958 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 14:34 - Jan 21 by Dr_Winston

What if she wanted your seat?

I'm laughing by the way at the thought of her using any form of public transport rather than Loh giving up his seat for her.
Your Room101 on 15:16 - Jan 21 with 958 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 14:37 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. My mother had six of us and we all managed to avoid the inherent dangers apparently lurking in supermarket car parks. Mind, we never had a car either.

Nor did anyone else.

Nor indeed were there many supermarkets.

We used to play on the street the whole time as well. Same reasons. No cars. You'd have to stop once every few hours perhaps while someone dawdled past in a Viva.
Your Room101 on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 950 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 14:43 - Jan 21 by Lohengrin

Don't let on you wouldn't find it courteous.

I would indeed find it courteous.

And I would smile politely and say I was absolutely fine to stand thanks very much.

When I was younger I would then of course worry that I had put on weight and the person had assumed I was pregnant. Now I worry that I obviously look like their gran.
Your Room101 on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 949 viewsJackfath

I'd give up my seat for anyone, regardless of gender if they needed it more than me. I don't go on busses though as they're for poor people. Swansea doesn't have a tube system either.

As for doors, I hold them open for all, I'm not kind of decent chap.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Your Room101 on 15:35 - Jan 21 with 916 viewslifelong

Your Room101 on 15:18 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

I'd give up my seat for anyone, regardless of gender if they needed it more than me. I don't go on busses though as they're for poor people. Swansea doesn't have a tube system either.

As for doors, I hold them open for all, I'm not kind of decent chap.

My bus pass is very handy.
Your Room101 on 15:39 - Jan 21 with 898 viewsJackfath

Your Room101 on 15:35 - Jan 21 by lifelong

My bus pass is very handy.

Ah yes, and the privileged older generation who ride around on busses as it's free for them. Good for the OAP's. Don't OAPs get the free bus pass as they're poor?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 15:40]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Your Room101 on 15:42 - Jan 21 with 891 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 15:16 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

Nor did anyone else.

Nor indeed were there many supermarkets.

We used to play on the street the whole time as well. Same reasons. No cars. You'd have to stop once every few hours perhaps while someone dawdled past in a Viva.

Hang on, we grew up in the 70s and 80s, not the 40s and 50s. You’re majing it sound like there were hardly any cars around. And there were already three Tesco stores in Swansea.

Poll: Tory leader

Your Room101 on 15:43 - Jan 21 with 886 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 15:13 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

So are disabled spaces.

Not the same thing st all though is it. Unless you’re implying that having a kid is somehow akin to a disability.

Login to get fewer ads

Your Room101 on 15:48 - Jan 21 with 874 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 15:43 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Not the same thing st all though is it. Unless you’re implying that having a kid is somehow akin to a disability.

It's not the same thing no. My comment was pointing out that just because things have only existed for a relatively short period of time doesn't make them stupid. Darran's comment implied that the newness of them was somehow relevant.

The analogy was simply because both had been mentioned in previous posts.
Your Room101 on 15:50 - Jan 21 with 868 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 15:48 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

It's not the same thing no. My comment was pointing out that just because things have only existed for a relatively short period of time doesn't make them stupid. Darran's comment implied that the newness of them was somehow relevant.

The analogy was simply because both had been mentioned in previous posts.

Fair enough. Still unnecessary though. Parent and child spaces that is.

Your Room101 on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 864 viewsJackfath

Many motorists who park in the "normal" are unable to do so without hanging over into the neighbouring space. I reiterate. All spaces should be the sizable ones, like disabled and parent and child.

Your Room101 on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 866 viewslifelong

Your Room101 on 15:39 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

Ah yes, and the privileged older generation who ride around on busses as it's free for them. Good for the OAP's. Don't OAPs get the free bus pass as they're poor?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 15:40]

No, when Mrs Lifelong and I get our winter fuel allowance we use our free bus pass to go into Swansea and have a right good old day out.
When you are old you’ll be able to do the same, hopefully.
Your Room101 on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 865 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 15:42 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Hang on, we grew up in the 70s and 80s, not the 40s and 50s. You’re majing it sound like there were hardly any cars around. And there were already three Tesco stores in Swansea.

There weren't anywhere near as many around in the late sixties / early seventies, when I would have been a toddler and then young kid.

And there weren't the sort of giant superstores with the associated giant car parks that there are now.

My mother never shopped at a big supermarket when I was that sort of age.
Your Room101 on 15:55 - Jan 21 with 856 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 15:50 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Fair enough. Still unnecessary though. Parent and child spaces that is.

If you park further away you can use the time to have a fag mun. I used to.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 15:55]
Your Room101 on 15:55 - Jan 21 with 853 viewsJackfath

Your Room101 on 15:53 - Jan 21 by lifelong

No, when Mrs Lifelong and I get our winter fuel allowance we use our free bus pass to go into Swansea and have a right good old day out.
When you are old you’ll be able to do the same, hopefully.

There'll be no money left by the as your generation will have spent it all.

Your Room101 on 15:59 - Jan 21 with 848 viewsperchrockjack

We used our Merseytravel passes in London, last week Roger

They didn't compute when touching the screen but you're waved on by the driver

You can use them anywhere on buses but not trains .

We ve worked for these for many years and travelling by our train network is a joy.

Sadly, our passes can't be used in Wales

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Your Room101 on 16:02 - Jan 21 with 839 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 15:53 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

There weren't anywhere near as many around in the late sixties / early seventies, when I would have been a toddler and then young kid.

And there weren't the sort of giant superstores with the associated giant car parks that there are now.

My mother never shopped at a big supermarket when I was that sort of age.

Well you do have a few years on me but ours was one of the very few families without a car from what I remember. But that wasn’t the point anyway, it’s not right to claim that cars were so few and far between that they hardly ever troubled our consciousness.

And clearly there weren’t the kind of huge superstores back then that there are now but that wasn’t really the point either. Tesco in Fforestfach certainly had an associated car park. Parents managed with using the same spaces as everyone else. How they coped in those dark times only they and the almighty know. My mother used to mostly shop in the Co-op on Solva Road. There were occasional trips to Tesco in Morriston cos my sister’s boyfriend (now my brother in law of 30+ years) worked there and we got his staff discount.

Your Room101 on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 829 viewsJackfath

Parents weren't required to fix their offspring into the back seat of cars back then. Thus taking them in and out easy.

You're making this very complicated.

Your Room101 on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 15:59 - Jan 21 by perchrockjack

We used our Merseytravel passes in London, last week Roger

They didn't compute when touching the screen but you're waved on by the driver

You can use them anywhere on buses but not trains .

We ve worked for these for many years and travelling by our train network is a joy.

Sadly, our passes can't be used in Wales

You find travelling by train to be a joy? Flipping heck. I hate trains. Actually it’s mostly the people on them. If I could have a train to myself, or at least a carriage, it would probably be tolerable.

Your Room101 on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 824 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 16:05 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

Parents weren't required to fix their offspring into the back seat of cars back then. Thus taking them in and out easy.

You're making this very complicated.

How is it harder reaching in to unbuckle a car seat than reaching in to retrieve an infant who was presumably rolling freely around the back seat before elf n safety went and ruined everything?

Your Room101 on 16:09 - Jan 21 with 819 viewsJackfath

Your Room101 on 16:08 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

How is it harder reaching in to unbuckle a car seat than reaching in to retrieve an infant who was presumably rolling freely around the back seat before elf n safety went and ruined everything?

Have you ever tried putting an infant in and out of a rear facing seat? Or putting in part of a travel system?

Your Room101 on 16:11 - Jan 21 with 819 viewslondonlisa2001

Your Room101 on 16:02 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Well you do have a few years on me but ours was one of the very few families without a car from what I remember. But that wasn’t the point anyway, it’s not right to claim that cars were so few and far between that they hardly ever troubled our consciousness.

And clearly there weren’t the kind of huge superstores back then that there are now but that wasn’t really the point either. Tesco in Fforestfach certainly had an associated car park. Parents managed with using the same spaces as everyone else. How they coped in those dark times only they and the almighty know. My mother used to mostly shop in the Co-op on Solva Road. There were occasional trips to Tesco in Morriston cos my sister’s boyfriend (now my brother in law of 30+ years) worked there and we got his staff discount.

My mun shopped in the co-op in Killay. But also in what used to be called the Bob shop when I was a kid (on Broadmead). No idea what its actual name was or if it's still there. They used to deliver the boxes of shopping back to the house,.

With the occasional trip to Julian's in Gorseinon.

We used to have a car. It was different though. Loads less cars than now.

Anyway, it's besides the point. People did used to manage. But people used to manage lots of stuff that they don't anymore. It doesn't mean that things aren't a good idea now.
Your Room101 on 16:15 - Jan 21 with 812 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 16:11 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

My mun shopped in the co-op in Killay. But also in what used to be called the Bob shop when I was a kid (on Broadmead). No idea what its actual name was or if it's still there. They used to deliver the boxes of shopping back to the house,.

With the occasional trip to Julian's in Gorseinon.

We used to have a car. It was different though. Loads less cars than now.

Anyway, it's besides the point. People did used to manage. But people used to manage lots of stuff that they don't anymore. It doesn't mean that things aren't a good idea now.

Stop widening the point mun. I didn’t say that “things” aren’t a good idea now. I’m speaking specifically about parent and child spaces and those only. Now we’ll just have to disagree I suppose. I didn’t want to do this but let the greatest President have the ultimate word on this one.

Your Room101 on 16:18 - Jan 21 with 803 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your Room101 on 16:09 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

Have you ever tried putting an infant in and out of a rear facing seat? Or putting in part of a travel system?

No. Why does it need a parking space closer to the shop door? And why does that space need to be wider? Car doors only open to a certain angle after all. Why does your little darling need extra space to be extricated from a vehicle. Can I use it for the dog? You’ve only got to open the car window a crack and he’s trying to get out.

Your Room101 on 16:21 - Jan 21 with 794 viewsJackfath

Your Room101 on 16:18 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

No. Why does it need a parking space closer to the shop door? And why does that space need to be wider? Car doors only open to a certain angle after all. Why does your little darling need extra space to be extricated from a vehicle. Can I use it for the dog? You’ve only got to open the car window a crack and he’s trying to get out.

If you park in a normal space, you can't open the doors wide. You need to do that to get the seat in and out. If a parent has a couple of kids to sort out and prams to open, shopping to load etc, is it too much to ask those who don't have the extra luggage to walk a few minutes further to load up?

Do you really take you dog shopping?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024