Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Swans Trust board members 19:29 - Jan 19 with 3419 viewsNeathJack

Have you been consulted by the Yanks regarding their supposed offer to "boost" the transfer kitty by adding £10m to it as reported by Herr Wathan?

Assuming it's not the likely ballcocks, how are they proposing to do this? Is it by loaning money to the club therefore putting it in debt to them? If so, what interest rate? Or is it via a larger overdraft? Or are they proposing a new issue of shares which would dilute the Trust shareholding?
FAO Swans Trust board members on 19:33 - Jan 19 with 3387 viewsswan_si

and what contribution is the trust making?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 19:35]
FAO Swans Trust board members on 22:52 - Jan 19 with 3234 viewsBobby_Fischer

There's posters on here who want £30 million!

Ha, of course its a loan.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

FAO Swans Trust board members on 22:57 - Jan 19 with 3219 viewsexiledclaseboy

No.

I don’t know.

I hadn’t heard about it till this thread. £10m these days gets you about 65% of Sam Clucas. So a relegation escape is now obviously an absolute certainty.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Swans Trust board members on 14:53 - Jan 20 with 2909 viewslondonlisa2001

No one has either made a loan to the club or increased equity in the club, or indeed has done anything that could be described as 'boosting' anything.

File under puff piece.
FAO Swans Trust board members on 14:59 - Jan 20 with 2891 viewsSwanjaxs

FAO Swans Trust board members on 14:53 - Jan 20 by londonlisa2001

No one has either made a loan to the club or increased equity in the club, or indeed has done anything that could be described as 'boosting' anything.

File under puff piece.

Sure about that.... wouldn't be the first time the trust has been kept in the dark like.... just saying 😕

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:03 - Jan 20 with 2873 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Swans Trust board members on 14:59 - Jan 20 by Swanjaxs

Sure about that.... wouldn't be the first time the trust has been kept in the dark like.... just saying 😕

Well you can either believe me or believe Chris Wathan.

Your choice.

As an aside, new debt or share issues would be listed on the companies house website, so fill your boots.
FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 2841 viewsmonmouth

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:03 - Jan 20 by londonlisa2001

Your choice.

As an aside, new debt or share issues would be listed on the companies house website, so fill your boots.

"Well you can either believe me or believe Chris Wathan"

Ouch

The definitive answer to anyone that ever doubts anyone.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 2790 viewsGaryjack

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:11 - Jan 20 by monmouth

"Well you can either believe me or believe Chris Wathan"

Ouch

The definitive answer to anyone that ever doubts anyone.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Well+you+can+either+believe+me+or+believe+Chri

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:39 - Jan 20 with 2775 viewsMyFinalHeaven

FAO Swans Trust board members on 22:52 - Jan 19 by Bobby_Fischer

There's posters on here who want £30 million!

Ha, of course its a loan.

...do you not realize that £30m is the transfer surplus from the summer? All we want as supporters is that money to be put back in.

Come on you Swans.

FAO Swans Trust board members on 16:39 - Jan 20 with 2644 viewsSwanjaxs

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:03 - Jan 20 by londonlisa2001

Your choice.

Well if Chris Wathen says so it's good enough for me..... not 😄

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

FAO Swans Trust board members on 17:36 - Jan 20 with 2544 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Swans Trust board members on 16:39 - Jan 20 by Swanjaxs

Well if Chris Wathen says so it's good enough for me..... not 😄

Lol.

That piece from him was bloody annoying. Careful words, used to make people think that the owners are putting in investment, without actually saying they are, so no fingers can be pointed at his sorry excuse for journalism.

He's not so much a journalist as a PR mouthpiece.

On top of which, telling other clubs we are now going to spend more (they're lining them up after all, aren't they - the medical staff must be overrun with the activity) is simply stupid. From him, and whoever leaked it to him.

It's 20 days into the transfer window and we don't have anyone at the moment that we need. No rush mun.
FAO Swans Trust board members on 17:50 - Jan 20 with 2523 viewsBobby_Fischer

FAO Swans Trust board members on 15:39 - Jan 20 by MyFinalHeaven

...do you not realize that £30m is the transfer surplus from the summer? All we want as supporters is that money to be put back in.

Haha, you think we have £30 million spare?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

FAO Swans Trust board members on 17:53 - Jan 20 with 2514 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Swans Trust board members on 17:50 - Jan 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Haha, you think we have £30 million spare?

Given that there continues to be zero investment in the club, by definition, whatever we spend on transfers is money we have spare.
FAO Swans Trust board members on 18:32 - Jan 20 with 2430 viewsMoscowJack

FAO Swans Trust board members on 17:53 - Jan 20 by londonlisa2001

Given that there continues to be zero investment in the club, by definition, whatever we spend on transfers is money we have spare.

Without wanted to state the obvious BUT has the question at least been asked officially?

The Yanks are claiming that their money's being added to the kitty which, if true, should mean the Trust contributes too, right?

Having official confirmation isn't just a from of protection in the future (once they decide that some of the money put in was from their pockets) but it could stop them feeding stories like this to journalists too.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

FAO Swans Trust board members on 19:12 - Jan 20 with 2392 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Swans Trust board members on 18:32 - Jan 20 by MoscowJack

Without wanted to state the obvious BUT has the question at least been asked officially?

The Yanks are claiming that their money's being added to the kitty which, if true, should mean the Trust contributes too, right?

Having official confirmation isn't just a from of protection in the future (once they decide that some of the money put in was from their pockets) but it could stop them feeding stories like this to journalists too.

Nick - they are not putting any money in.

And they aren't claiming they have, Wathan is intimating they have without actually saying it (since they haven't).

As I said before, you can't slip money in or pretend you have. It's a limited company, subject to the relevant legislation, audit and filing requirements.

Wathan is just a complete and utter sham of a reporter.
FAO Swans Trust board members on 20:00 - Jan 20 with 2321 viewsQJumpingJack

Why would the Americans put any of their own money in at this stage when there is a strong percentage chance of us being in the EFL next season?
FAO Swans Trust board members on 20:05 - Jan 20 with 2308 viewsharryhpalmer

that extra £10m is what West Ham still owe us for Ayew...so sounds like that's what they are putting up - you can have him as part of your transfers!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

FAO Swans Trust board members on 20:10 - Jan 20 with 2290 viewsQJumpingJack

Did the Trust agree with the board over this new £2.50 charge?
FAO Swans Trust board members on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 2206 viewsJack59

FAO Swans Trust board members on 17:36 - Jan 20 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

That piece from him was bloody annoying. Careful words, used to make people think that the owners are putting in investment, without actually saying they are, so no fingers can be pointed at his sorry excuse for journalism.

He's not so much a journalist as a PR mouthpiece.

On top of which, telling other clubs we are now going to spend more (they're lining them up after all, aren't they - the medical staff must be overrun with the activity) is simply stupid. From him, and whoever leaked it to him.

It's 20 days into the transfer window and we don't have anyone at the moment that we need. No rush mun.

Just before the window closes, after we have signed one wannabe premiership player at most. We can prepare ourselves for a press release stating that:

''The manager, coaching staff, and the squad had a lengthy, honest, and sometimes heated discussion regarding the club's current plight. The message that came through from the players was that everyone is very disappointed that some of the performances have not been good enough, and this has not helped our position. But we are grateful that the Manager has now seen fit to give us all the opportunity to rescue our season, and we all feel it should be our responsibility. The fans have been fantastic, and we very much hope they will continue to support us fully through the difficult times ahead''
FAO Swans Trust board members on 21:56 - Jan 20 with 2149 viewsWingstandwood

FAO Swans Trust board members on 21:19 - Jan 20 by Jack59

Just before the window closes, after we have signed one wannabe premiership player at most. We can prepare ourselves for a press release stating that:

''The manager, coaching staff, and the squad had a lengthy, honest, and sometimes heated discussion regarding the club's current plight. The message that came through from the players was that everyone is very disappointed that some of the performances have not been good enough, and this has not helped our position. But we are grateful that the Manager has now seen fit to give us all the opportunity to rescue our season, and we all feel it should be our responsibility. The fans have been fantastic, and we very much hope they will continue to support us fully through the difficult times ahead''

Yep! We should all expect an upcoming PR-initiative that'll fool some of the pro-Jenkins micro-minority into thinking that he and others have been selfless and uber-generous Jack Walker type(s) on a mission to save SCFC from relegation struggle. When? @rseholes like Jenkins and his merry gang have been the ones that have actually caused it!

I for one was not impressed with previous programme notes of his i.e. when he wrote about "We" i.e. describing himself and sell-outs and the £30 million spent on training infrastructure. It was deliberate contrivance presented in a way so that the ill-informed, easily manipulated, naive, gullible, and un-streetwise would wrongly get the impression that he and others had paid for it out of their own pockets Jack Walker style.

I expect a load of upcoming lies, subterfuge, psychological-emotional sleight of hand and a load of downright, shameless bullsh#t!!!!!!!

Argus!

FAO Swans Trust board members on 08:57 - Jan 21 with 1997 viewsMoscowJack

FAO Swans Trust board members on 20:05 - Jan 20 by harryhpalmer

that extra £10m is what West Ham still owe us for Ayew...so sounds like that's what they are putting up - you can have him as part of your transfers!

Harry,

We borrowed against that in last January's window to finance J Ayew, Olsson, Narsingh etc so how can we now use that exact same money again?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

FAO Swans Trust board members on 09:21 - Jan 21 with 1957 viewsWhiterockin

FAO Swans Trust board members on 20:05 - Jan 20 by harryhpalmer

Or it could be that the £10M was money they were going to syphon off and now they are going to leave it in the kitty for the moment. Hence an "extra £10M has been made available for transfers" without investment or borrowing.
FAO Swans Trust board members on 09:37 - Jan 21 with 1906 viewsthornabyswan

FAO Swans Trust board members on 09:21 - Jan 21 by Whiterockin

Or it could be that the £10M was money they were going to syphon off and now they are going to leave it in the kitty for the moment. Hence an "extra £10M has been made available for transfers" without investment or borrowing.

I am getting a bit confused one thread asking have the Trust been consulted about the extra 10 million.
And another saying we are not spending a penny.
Which one to believe eh.
My guess is nobody has a clue what is going on.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

FAO Swans Trust board members on 10:15 - Jan 21 with 1849 viewsawayjack

Wathan is nothing but a puppet of the Board. File under irrelevant drivel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024