Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the penny finally dropped 20:19 - Jan 19 with 7952 viewsthornabyswan

10 million extra for transfers if you believe the spin.
Free travel to Notts County.
Price reduction for online booking fees.

My guess is season ticket renewals are way down.
Couple that with the terrible crowd against Wolves and the negativity at the club.
I think the owners are rattled.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:01 - Jan 20 with 1347 viewspencoedjack

Has the penny finally dropped on 10:52 - Jan 20 by 3swan

Negativity?
Or is it a case how low the opinion of the owners has got?
I read in the past that the club don’t budget for any cup run, It’s a bonus if it happens. Don’t know if that’s still the case.
If so, then as well as taking 45% of the Wolves away game we also got £67,500 for qualifying.
The club is now going to spend £10,000-£15,000 on free travel depending on the take up with a further potential bonus of £90,000 if we qualify
Good gesture, or a P.R. stunt that in the big picture costs very little?

I remember last season people moaning that the players paying for tickets for Sunderland was nothing to them as they are paid so much

They didn’t have to do it

Ditto Danny Graham giving money ( I think to Darlington) I was amazed people criticising it was only £ 2500 on here.

I reckon Swansea fans are the biggest bunch of whingers ever we have some stuff to moan about but these little digs about anything does my head in
Has the penny finally dropped on 11:04 - Jan 20 with 1335 viewsMoscowJack

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:00 - Jan 20 by 3swan

Ok the continued cynic in me.

We don’t know what the original figure available was. We are now told another £10m is to be made available. We never know the full cost of a transfer so who knows what will get spent?

Already CC has said that it is very difficult to entice players to come here. So what does the club do? Tell the whole football world including agents that is another £10m in the pot.

1st paragraph — genuine or a PR exercise?

2nd paragraph — naive at best

I thought exactly the same! If we're negotiating any deals (big IF) with any clubs, our hand just got a lot worse.

I can't understand this sometimes. It's like telling the world we got £45m for Gylfi when we definitely didn't! All it does is heap pressure on the club to spend more and adds to the values of the players we're trying to attract. Why do they do it? One word....ego!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:05 - Jan 20 with 1326 views3swan

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:01 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

I remember last season people moaning that the players paying for tickets for Sunderland was nothing to them as they are paid so much

They didn’t have to do it

Ditto Danny Graham giving money ( I think to Darlington) I was amazed people criticising it was only £ 2500 on here.

I reckon Swansea fans are the biggest bunch of whingers ever we have some stuff to moan about but these little digs about anything does my head in

"I reckon Swansea fans are the biggest bunch of whingers ever we have some stuff to moan about but these little digs about anything does my head in"

Agree that is sometimes the case especially the Danny Graham donation to Hartlepool

But I still think

"Or is it a case how low the opinion of the owners has got? "

Everything is now questioned in depth
Has the penny finally dropped on 11:13 - Jan 20 with 1298 viewsthornabyswan

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:05 - Jan 20 by 3swan

"I reckon Swansea fans are the biggest bunch of whingers ever we have some stuff to moan about but these little digs about anything does my head in"

Agree that is sometimes the case especially the Danny Graham donation to Hartlepool

But I still think

"Or is it a case how low the opinion of the owners has got? "

Everything is now questioned in depth

Basically the sellouts have turned plenty of supporters into moaners.
And now no matter what the owners do they will get criticised.
In years gone by free travel to away games would be applauded now it's a PR stunt.
Same with the 2.50 online booking fee they got hammered.
Reduce the price and it hardly gets a mention.
Jenkins will be gone at the end of the season and hopefully the club will start to move forward again.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:18 - Jan 20 with 1279 views3swan

Has the penny finally dropped on 11:13 - Jan 20 by thornabyswan

Basically the sellouts have turned plenty of supporters into moaners.
And now no matter what the owners do they will get criticised.
In years gone by free travel to away games would be applauded now it's a PR stunt.
Same with the 2.50 online booking fee they got hammered.
Reduce the price and it hardly gets a mention.
Jenkins will be gone at the end of the season and hopefully the club will start to move forward again.

Exactly, things were taken at face value & trust ( wrongly in many cases)

Now, the opinion is so so low, if not rock bottom, that the owners have a mountain to climb, if the will is really there
Has the penny finally dropped on 12:16 - Jan 20 with 1183 viewsmissingmel

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:37 - Jan 19 by Oldjack

clubs have spent up to 100 mill in January and still gone down

LIke who ?
Has the penny finally dropped on 23:28 - Jan 20 with 984 viewsDJack

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:52 - Jan 19 by CrazedBison

I’m here now.

Welcome my friend!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024