Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finlaggan Old Reserve 22:13 - Jan 19 with 2271 viewsdickythorpe

It's a Islay single malt. Peaty. It's a totally different taste to what I'm used to, almost plasticine like.
I'm getting used to the taste, hints of iodine it says amongst other descriptions!
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 22:14 - Jan 19 with 2267 viewsDr_Winston

Peaty whisky is fit only for drinking with an Irn Bru mixer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 22:16 - Jan 19 with 2265 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/29984/finlaggan-old-reserve-small-batch-isla
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 01:06 - Jan 20 with 2230 viewsBirchgrovejack

Ive been getting into whiskey the last few months. At first i didn't like the iodine taste or the smokey peaty flavour, But after trying numerous different ones over the christmas period most of which had a peaty flavour i find when i go back to the non peaty whiskeys, i now feel like there is something lacking in the flavour. My favourite is monkey shoulder (blended) and Glenfiddich 15 yr but may try a slighty peated bottle next. Maybe a Talisker Skye

Any suggestions whiskey connoisseurs?
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 02:18 - Jan 20 with 2220 viewstheloneranger

A good site for a whisky search....and plenty of others.....

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whisky/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 05:08 - Jan 20 with 2197 viewsBrynCartwright

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 01:06 - Jan 20 by Birchgrovejack

Ive been getting into whiskey the last few months. At first i didn't like the iodine taste or the smokey peaty flavour, But after trying numerous different ones over the christmas period most of which had a peaty flavour i find when i go back to the non peaty whiskeys, i now feel like there is something lacking in the flavour. My favourite is monkey shoulder (blended) and Glenfiddich 15 yr but may try a slighty peated bottle next. Maybe a Talisker Skye

As mentioned in the Chris Hitchens thread...Johnny Walker Black Label...the breakfast of champions.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 08:01 - Jan 20 with 2163 viewsswanforthemoney

Isle Of Jura. This one has a very subtle taste. It’s not as strident as some whiskies.

I stand in the North Stand

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 09:08 - Jan 20 with 2132 viewsoldcob

Penderyn have some excellent whiskies. Why not nip up there, it's on the Brecon Road, or book a tour of the place for a few quid, it includes a whisky sample too. They give you a small bottle of your choice to take home if you are driving.
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 15:10 - Jan 20 with 2097 viewsBirchgrovejack

I've tried the jura 10 year original it was nice.
I actually looked last night at the Penderyn tour. Problem is is have to drive there. I had a Madeira bottle a few months back and wasn't that fussed. Maybe with a try again
Login to get fewer ads

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 15:16 - Jan 20 with 2093 viewsmax936

A few Christmas’s ago my lad had a notion to become a Whiskey drinker, it didn’t end well, l don’t think he’s touched a drop of alcohol since

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 19:53 - Jan 20 with 2043 viewsProfessor

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 09:08 - Jan 20 by oldcob

Penderyn have some excellent whiskies. Why not nip up there, it's on the Brecon Road, or book a tour of the place for a few quid, it includes a whisky sample too. They give you a small bottle of your choice to take home if you are driving.

Penderyn is nice but a bit over-priced. I like both Islay and Jura whiskies. If you want value the Aldi speyside is a gold medal winner for under 20 quid. The Highland and Islay are good too. IF you want a blend then their Highland Black is excellent for 13
Quid. As good as the overpriced Johnie Walker Black. Johnnie walker is huge in Africa
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 20:03 - Jan 20 with 2036 viewslifelong

I am just enjoying a tot of Penderyn Celt... very nice.
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 20:07 - Jan 20 with 2029 viewsperchrockjack

Scotch whisky or

Irish Whiskey

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 20:48 - Jan 20 with 2018 viewssherpajacob

Caol ila and laphroig are my 2 favourite whiskies.

Much prefer the distinctive peaty Islay taste to the blander, imho, highland whiskies.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 21:16 - Jan 20 with 2004 viewsBrynCartwright

JW Black Label, aged 12 years, was £28.50 in Tesco today. Must be one of the most expensive, widely commercial blended whiskies around. Never tasted it. I'd hope it would taste like Heidi Klum's fanny batter at that rate!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 17:20 - Jan 21 with 1940 viewsBirchgrovejack

I've heard good things about laphrpaig. I did try the Aldi speyside over Xmas that was nice.
Never fancied Johnnie walker though tbh like above said seems overpriced. I did like talisker skye but have rras the storm is a better taste. Soo many choices
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 1935 viewssherpajacob

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 17:20 - Jan 21 by Birchgrovejack

I've heard good things about laphrpaig. I did try the Aldi speyside over Xmas that was nice.
Never fancied Johnnie walker though tbh like above said seems overpriced. I did like talisker skye but have rras the storm is a better taste. Soo many choices

https://groceries.asda.com/product/malt-whisky/asda-extra-special-islay-single-m

I'm tempted to give this a try, but weary of the old adage, that if you pay too little you usually end up paying twice

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 19:07 - Jan 21 with 1917 viewsBirchgrovejack

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 17:25 - Jan 21 by sherpajacob

https://groceries.asda.com/product/malt-whisky/asda-extra-special-islay-single-m

I'm tempted to give this a try, but weary of the old adage, that if you pay too little you usually end up paying twice

Yea and the reviews don't seem great. Aberfeldy has good reviews and only 25 quid
Finlaggan Old Reserve on 20:00 - Jan 21 with 1890 viewsProfessor

Finlaggan Old Reserve on 19:07 - Jan 21 by Birchgrovejack

Yea and the reviews don't seem great. Aberfeldy has good reviews and only 25 quid

Aberfeldy is nice. Laphroiag is a bit of a marmite one. Very peaty and almost salty, seaweed tinge to it. Love it myself, but like many Islay it is very much a matter of taste.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024