Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OFAH Racist 09:42 - Jan 20 with 5809 viewsunion_jack

Have a read of this. The comments below are worth looking at too.

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-people-are-calling-out-only-fo

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

OFAH Racist on 09:50 - Jan 20 with 3012 viewsadamswan

It’s 2018, didn’t you get the memo?! I’ll fill you in with the main point anyway.
Everything, yes, everything is racist or “problematic”. If you don’t see colour as the great MLK wanted, you are a racist for not acknowledging the hardships of others or for not offering some kind of reparation for generations gone by. TV, comedy, films are all dying because of this obsession with intersectionality. Only fools and horses is apparently racist, but Netflix champions it’s own show called, wait for it - “Dear White People”.
OFAH Racist on 10:16 - Jan 20 with 2976 viewsLohengrin

OFAH Racist on 09:50 - Jan 20 by adamswan

It’s 2018, didn’t you get the memo?! I’ll fill you in with the main point anyway.
Everything, yes, everything is racist or “problematic”. If you don’t see colour as the great MLK wanted, you are a racist for not acknowledging the hardships of others or for not offering some kind of reparation for generations gone by. TV, comedy, films are all dying because of this obsession with intersectionality. Only fools and horses is apparently racist, but Netflix champions it’s own show called, wait for it - “Dear White People”.

Dear White People - "It follows a group of black students at a predominantly white school who face social injustice.

Sounds a hoot!

I can't watch it anyway, it clashes with the new series of British Swingers presented by Pat Coombs and Roy Hudd.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

OFAH Racist on 10:26 - Jan 20 with 2956 viewsmax936

Lots of shows back in the day were, when you watch repeats of those shows now you notice, Rising Damp especially, Blackadder, Faulty Towers, Porridge etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

OFAH Racist on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 2841 viewsHighjack

Apart from a few throw away references to P#ki shops (which isn't done in a nasty way and happens about twice in a 25 year long series) I can't think of a single reason anyone would think this light hearted much loved comedy could be considered racist.

Only things I can think of off the top of my head is grandad innocently mixing up Sidney Poitier and Harry belafonte, and Trotters crash Turbans.

Once again, people see racism where there clearly isn't any.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

OFAH Racist on 15:13 - Jan 20 with 2755 viewsJimmyGilligan

The fact that people are still talking about it nearly 40 years since the first episode and 15 years since the last episode just shows how great of a show it was. It's of its time, racism in the UK was an issue in the 80s, and the social media world of today love to jump on anything that is even slightly non PC.

I've watched every episode of OFAH hundreds of times and I have never once thought it was racist.
OFAH Racist on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 2739 viewsJackSomething

So that esteemed website of investigative journalism the Lad Bible says 'people', but just mean a few idiots on Twitter?

Wow, it seems like those who like to cry about 'PC gone mad' are bigger snowflakes than the liberals if this enough to get their goat...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

OFAH Racist on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 2726 viewsmax936

OFAH Racist on 15:30 - Jan 20 by JackSomething

So that esteemed website of investigative journalism the Lad Bible says 'people', but just mean a few idiots on Twitter?

Wow, it seems like those who like to cry about 'PC gone mad' are bigger snowflakes than the liberals if this enough to get their goat...

Welcome to the outrage age.

OFAH Racist on 15:57 - Jan 20 with 2687 viewsFlashberryjack

OFAH Racist on 15:36 - Jan 20 by max936

Welcome to the outrage age.

I remember the good old days, when you could order a black coffee without offending anyone.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

OFAH Racist on 16:12 - Jan 20 with 2653 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 15:30 - Jan 20 by JackSomething

While I would agree with what you're saying in normal circumstances and on the surface your argument seems correct. What you may need to take into account is that this could be the thin end of the wedge. If you have watched political correctness metastasis over the years you may have a different opinion. What is a 'few idiots' on twitter today will become a few idiots and their friends tomorrow, then enough people to warrant a 'conversation' on TV, then we need to ban the shows and put stricter rules in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You may say "Oh, that's not going to happen" and maybe you're right, but every time the PC brigade has assured us that it won't happen, they've ended up being wrong. This is the way it works, one tiny step at a time. And if you complain you're told "why are you complaining about this tiny step?...what's the harm?". And one by one the freedoms your fathers fought for have been taken from you and you didn't even put up a fight.

And remember, worst case scenarios have happened in the past. So if they were to happen again on your watch, what are you going to say to your kids when they ask "what were you doing when they took away my freedom, Daddy?". Are you going to say "I was calling the people speaking out against it snowflakes"? or are you going to lie?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:12 - Jan 20 with 2648 viewsexiledclaseboy

There are a few references and some hoary stereotypes in the early series that they thankfully wouldn’t get away with these days but there was little malicious about it. It was of its time. But I can understand how people who have never seen it before and were brought up in an age where those phrases and stereotypes are thankfully no longer in everyday use might be a bit shocked by some of the early episodes.

Poll: Tory leader

OFAH Racist on 16:15 - Jan 20 with 2638 viewsexiledclaseboy

OFAH Racist on 10:26 - Jan 20 by max936

Lots of shows back in the day were, when you watch repeats of those shows now you notice, Rising Damp especially, Blackadder, Faulty Towers, Porridge etc.

I’m struggling to think of a single scene in any of the Blackadders which would be considered problematic by today’s standards.

OFAH Racist on 16:15 - Jan 20 with 2638 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 16:12 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

There are a few references and some hoary stereotypes in the early series that they thankfully wouldn’t get away with these days but there was little malicious about it. It was of its time. But I can understand how people who have never seen it before and were brought up in an age where those phrases and stereotypes are thankfully no longer in everyday use might be a bit shocked by some of the early episodes.

I agree, Easy.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:17 - Jan 20 with 2634 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 16:15 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

I’m struggling to think of a single scene in any of the Blackadders which would be considered problematic by today’s standards.

Capt Flashheart would be hunted by the #metoo movement

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:17 - Jan 20 with 2631 viewsexiledclaseboy

OFAH Racist on 16:15 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

I agree, Easy.

Really? Gutted.

OFAH Racist on 16:18 - Jan 20 with 2629 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 16:17 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

Really? Gutted.

one of us is slacking

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:19 - Jan 20 with 2625 viewsexiledclaseboy

OFAH Racist on 16:17 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

Capt Flashheart would be hunted by the #metoo movement

I doubt it seeing as he’s such an obvious parody. And besides, he’d just shout “WOOF!!” and they’d all swoon at his feet.

OFAH Racist on 16:23 - Jan 20 with 2617 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 16:19 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

I doubt it seeing as he’s such an obvious parody. And besides, he’d just shout “WOOF!!” and they’d all swoon at his feet.

He'd start a #menext movement.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:26 - Jan 20 with 2609 viewsexiledclaseboy

Now I’m thinking about I I don’t think there was a single non white character in any of the Blackadders. Shocking. Even Fawlty Towers threw in an African doctor for Basil to take the piss out of after the moose’s head fell on him.

OFAH Racist on 16:28 - Jan 20 with 2604 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 16:26 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

Now I’m thinking about I I don’t think there was a single non white character in any of the Blackadders. Shocking. Even Fawlty Towers threw in an African doctor for Basil to take the piss out of after the moose’s head fell on him.

Jim was speckled. Does that count?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:29 - Jan 20 with 2600 viewsexiledclaseboy

OFAH Racist on 16:28 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

Jim was speckled. Does that count?

Jim was treated terribly. He had no lines and then got shot. Everyone laughed. Except Melchett.

#birdlivesmatter

OFAH Racist on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 2598 viewsmax936

OFAH Racist on 16:15 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

You’re probably right just a generalisation sorry, Rowen Atkinson was ahead of his time and far to astute for that in fairness.

OFAH Racist on 16:31 - Jan 20 with 2593 viewsexiledclaseboy

OFAH Racist on 16:30 - Jan 20 by max936

You’re probably right just a generalisation sorry, Rowen Atkinson was ahead of his time and far to astute for that in fairness.

And it was written by Ben Elton and Richard Curtis who were about as “right on” as it comes even back then.

OFAH Racist on 16:34 - Jan 20 with 2580 viewsMo_Wives

OFAH Racist on 16:31 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

And it was written by Ben Elton and Richard Curtis who were about as “right on” as it comes even back then.

Rik off the Young Ones was the first SJW.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

OFAH Racist on 16:36 - Jan 20 with 2573 viewsexiledclaseboy

OFAH Racist on 16:34 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

Rik off the Young Ones was the first SJW.

My role model and life coach.

OFAH Racist on 16:37 - Jan 20 with 2573 viewsmax936

OFAH Racist on 16:31 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed, without condoning those days, but it was funny to hear and see the minority coming out of the senes better than the “whites’ Rigsby is a classic example as is Alf Garnet and Love thy Neighbour, not that it makes it right of course, but you get my meaning l hope.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024