Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking Dogs Abroad 19:47 - Jan 20 with 808 viewsbonymine

Apart from the obvious ‘silly answers’ I am looking at possibly taking my pet dog to Spain for 3/4 months during the winter period.

Any personal experiences around Pet Passport & logistics etc would be greatly appreciated ?

Cheers

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:13 - Jan 20 with 779 viewsFlashberryjack

I haven't exported any dogs for a couple of years now, but I had to have them vaccinated against Rabies (a round a month before transit) vets certificate to say they are healthy and up to date with all other vaccines.

As I said it's been a while, so things have probably changed, you could ring Defra, but they weren't very helpful when I rang them.

The pet passport can only be issued by a vet, who will need to confirm that the animal has been microchipped, has been vaccinated against rabies and has undergone a blood test to ensure that the vaccine is in the pet’s system.

So it won't be cheap.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:32 - Jan 20 with 758 viewsbonymine

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:13 - Jan 20 by Flashberryjack

I haven't exported any dogs for a couple of years now, but I had to have them vaccinated against Rabies (a round a month before transit) vets certificate to say they are healthy and up to date with all other vaccines.

As I said it's been a while, so things have probably changed, you could ring Defra, but they weren't very helpful when I rang them.

The pet passport can only be issued by a vet, who will need to confirm that the animal has been microchipped, has been vaccinated against rabies and has undergone a blood test to ensure that the vaccine is in the pet’s system.

So it won't be cheap.

Cheers mate he’s had most of that done so hopefully should be okay 👍

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:34 - Jan 20 with 753 viewsSwanzay

As far as I have read as long as your pooch is fully vaccinated and holds a passport,its fairly all good, not sure of the full costs, but doesn't appear to be sky high as so many people are taking their pooches to Europe these days (caravanning etc).

Times have changed, thankfully.
Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:37 - Jan 20 with 740 viewsFlashberryjack

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:32 - Jan 20 by bonymine

Cheers mate he’s had most of that done so hopefully should be okay 👍

https://www.expatica.com/es/moving-to/Pet-relocation-to-Spain_101407.html

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:39 - Jan 20 with 737 viewsbonymine

Taking Dogs Abroad on 20:37 - Jan 20 by Flashberryjack

https://www.expatica.com/es/moving-to/Pet-relocation-to-Spain_101407.html

Cheers for that 👍

Taking Dogs Abroad on 22:11 - Jan 20 with 676 viewsjack_lord

it is a lot easier than it used to be. try and find a vet that will check your dog 24 hours before returning back into uk.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024