Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Writing on the wall 22:28 - Jan 20 with 4786 viewsmagicdaps10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42760948

Many on here have called it!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Writing on the wall on 10:34 - Jan 21 with 963 viewsSTID2017

Writing on the wall on 10:30 - Jan 21 by swancity

He has done a fantastic job to help restore confidence in our players especially straight after the 5-0 Liverpool debacle. He has given our team a massive lift at a time when there looked like there was no hope. These comments are aimed at lifting player confidence further. Whatever he might think privately.

The players have responded magnificently with just one defeat since he got here from five difficult games, being unbeaten away in three.

From being in a position of relegation certainties we now have just a glimmer of hope. New players, at least two are needed but if we manage to stay up this season Carvalhal must come into the running for the Manager of the Year award, such will be the magnitude of the achievement.

TBH we deserved win at Newcastle and a draw against Spurs, so he has done well.
Tomorrow night is his biggest test so far.
Come on you Swans

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Writing on the wall on 11:00 - Jan 21 with 916 viewsunion_jack

Writing on the wall on 10:34 - Jan 21 by STID2017

TBH we deserved win at Newcastle and a draw against Spurs, so he has done well.
Tomorrow night is his biggest test so far.
Come on you Swans

Now I'm certainly not one to defend the club in any shape or form. It just for one moment let's believe what they are saying.

We are bottom of the pile and potentially a game or three from being cut adrift. CC is right, we need quality players to give us any chance at all. What players are we going to attract with such quality. It is a difficult task. Proving impossible maybe.

CC can't say anything else. He's got to back his squad (publicly and privately) as well as himself. Just think what people would say if he'd openly criticised the situation.

This mess was made some time ago, not now. It's been getting worse for three years in a row and we've been living on borrowed time.

Sad for the club and importantly sad for the city. We all know who is to blame.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Writing on the wall on 11:21 - Jan 21 with 882 viewsperchrockjack

Union

Writing is on the wall but it's in chalk and can be erased quickly

I'm not hopeful ,personally and it seems incredible we have no players brought in by now.

Maybe not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Writing on the wall on 11:27 - Jan 21 with 873 viewsdobjack2

Writing on the wall on 11:00 - Jan 21 by union_jack

Now I'm certainly not one to defend the club in any shape or form. It just for one moment let's believe what they are saying.

We are bottom of the pile and potentially a game or three from being cut adrift. CC is right, we need quality players to give us any chance at all. What players are we going to attract with such quality. It is a difficult task. Proving impossible maybe.

CC can't say anything else. He's got to back his squad (publicly and privately) as well as himself. Just think what people would say if he'd openly criticised the situation.

This mess was made some time ago, not now. It's been getting worse for three years in a row and we've been living on borrowed time.

Sad for the club and importantly sad for the city. We all know who is to blame.

It’s been a recurring mess in the summer windows. Holes in the squad not being filled and haphazard signings to go with haphazard managerial signings. No pattern of play. Something that we’ve seen in teams like Wigan Sunderland and villa before and during the season they are relegated.

The last summer window was the final straw for the squad. Sell your top player and not recruit creativity pace and full backs. Many saw the the writing on the wall at the end of the window.

Now it appears that the quality of player we need doesn’t want to come to a team 6 points adrift at the bottom of the table. No sh!t Sherlock stuff. It’s not as if we haven’t been in a similar position before so this comes as a bolt from the blue.

Yes we do know who is to blame.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 11:29]
Writing on the wall on 11:35 - Jan 21 with 859 viewsunion_jack

Writing on the wall on 11:21 - Jan 21 by perchrockjack

Union

Writing is on the wall but it's in chalk and can be erased quickly

I'm not hopeful ,personally and it seems incredible we have no players brought in by now.

Maybe not

I'd like to believe its chalk Perch but it's looking like something more permanent.

The club is a mess, top to bottom. We can only hope for some miracle, there's still time at least.

Writing on the wall on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 850 viewsperchrockjack

Ok, crayon then

I feel we recall awaiting impending doom and coping in different ways

Writing on the wall on 11:44 - Jan 21 with 830 viewsunion_jack

Writing on the wall on 11:38 - Jan 21 by perchrockjack

Ok, crayon then

I feel we recall awaiting impending doom and coping in different ways

You are right about people coping in different ways.

I'd bet the contents of my piggy bank that no Swans fan on here wants us to go down, looks forward to the Championship or would rather spend his season ticket money on home improvements.

It's the way we cope. I remember feeling this way on being relegated from Division 1. I convinced myself that games and atmosphere were better in Div 2 then Div 3 and so on. I was wrong of course but it helps to soften the blow.

Writing on the wall on 11:45 - Jan 21 with 830 viewsharryhpalmer

I look at it another way. He is not accepting any old shee-ite that Jenkins offers him, that are no better than what we have there already.

And he's realistic enough to know, and not stupid to understand we're not daft, that when you are bottom of the League, trying to get the quality we REALLY need is next to impossible right now.

So, he's making sure he keeps the players he has on side, and doesn't destroy the fragile confidence he has been rebuilding.

There's more positives in his statements than the obvious negative of not signing anybody. With him there, we'll not bring in more dross than Jenkins has in the last 3 seasons.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Writing on the wall on 11:55 - Jan 21 with 804 viewsperchrockjack

I well remember the eighties catastrophic fall and was always worried it could happen again.

After our fifth season, I ought that it would not.

That we are where we are now deeply upsets me as its so unnecessary as we ve done all the hard work and now are simply letting it all go,seemingly supine .

After the summer Windows, the owners should have taken control ,removed Jenkins and made steps to bring in better players from Jan 1st as it s so evident our squad is skewed .

Yet...nothing

Writing on the wall on 12:01 - Jan 21 with 789 viewsAl_Bundy

Carlos has to get the squad believing we can stay up so he's publicly backing them.

The truth is if this was the summer he would offload a good few without question.

As for Jenkins - he will be sacked come May as we prepare for our trips to Preston and Burton.

The consequences of relegation has a two fold issue for us. The obvious being the income revenue dropping like a stone and players contracts being unaffordable to support but more worrying the is the off field ownership and what direction or strategy they implement.

We are really on the verge of the next Sunderland and Hull. At least Sunderland have the potential backing of the fans with 26k fans still backing them. The fickle Swansea plastics will be off if we drop which in turn reduce our income.

Not HJ has quite grasped the whole potential damage his actions will affect not just the club but for the whole region of South West Wales.
Writing on the wall on 12:03 - Jan 21 with 783 viewsdobjack2

Writing on the wall on 12:01 - Jan 21 by Al_Bundy

Carlos has to get the squad believing we can stay up so he's publicly backing them.

The truth is if this was the summer he would offload a good few without question.

As for Jenkins - he will be sacked come May as we prepare for our trips to Preston and Burton.

The consequences of relegation has a two fold issue for us. The obvious being the income revenue dropping like a stone and players contracts being unaffordable to support but more worrying the is the off field ownership and what direction or strategy they implement.

We are really on the verge of the next Sunderland and Hull. At least Sunderland have the potential backing of the fans with 26k fans still backing them. The fickle Swansea plastics will be off if we drop which in turn reduce our income.

Not HJ has quite grasped the whole potential damage his actions will affect not just the club but for the whole region of South West Wales.

Sunderland or hull would be better than Coventry
Writing on the wall on 12:10 - Jan 21 with 771 viewsperchrockjack

Al bun.

Great post

I pointed out the affect on thecSwansea economy but was chided for doing so.
Apparently,it won't have any effect, which is of course, grossly incorrect

Writing on the wall on 12:12 - Jan 21 with 766 viewsAl_Bundy

Writing on the wall on 12:03 - Jan 21 by dobjack2

Sunderland or hull would be better than Coventry

A Villa or Norwich would be better than all three !
Writing on the wall on 12:14 - Jan 21 with 761 viewsmonmouth

Writing on the wall on 11:55 - Jan 21 by perchrockjack

I well remember the eighties catastrophic fall and was always worried it could happen again.

After our fifth season, I ought that it would not.

That we are where we are now deeply upsets me as its so unnecessary as we ve done all the hard work and now are simply letting it all go,seemingly supine .

After the summer Windows, the owners should have taken control ,removed Jenkins and made steps to bring in better players from Jan 1st as it s so evident our squad is skewed .

Yet...nothing

The one thing I remember vividly from the eighties collapse is the feeling throughout the first two relegation seasons that things were worse than they looked and that the whole thing was rotten and rotting further. Unfortunately, I feel the same now. We are a corpse of a formerly healthy and vibrant club. We deserve what we are undoubtedly going to get, but that doesn’t make it any easier. It really feels we must sicken further before we can get better.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Writing on the wall on 12:19 - Jan 21 with 749 viewsswancity

Writing on the wall on 12:14 - Jan 21 by monmouth

The one thing I remember vividly from the eighties collapse is the feeling throughout the first two relegation seasons that things were worse than they looked and that the whole thing was rotten and rotting further. Unfortunately, I feel the same now. We are a corpse of a formerly healthy and vibrant club. We deserve what we are undoubtedly going to get, but that doesn’t make it any easier. It really feels we must sicken further before we can get better.

Agreed. The illness and disease that is Jenkins won't improve until the radiotherapy kicks him into touch.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Writing on the wall on 12:24 - Jan 21 with 738 viewsAl_Bundy

Writing on the wall on 12:14 - Jan 21 by monmouth

I think the main differences from our demise in the 80's and now is the amount of cash swilling around and the big gap between the top two divisions.

A lot of our revenue was gate based and the contracts were nowhere near as obscene as they are now.

SKY is killing clubs outside the top flight from a fan a club run perspective. Most fans decades ago had no real exposure in the media to watch matches so we would all get of our arses and go to the games paying a fare price.

Now Sky are flooding the football fan with a match a day sometimes two or 3 and more from Europe so the fair weather fan is now armchair bound and not really investing in the local club.
Writing on the wall on 15:28 - Jan 21 with 612 viewsdobjack2

Writing on the wall on 12:12 - Jan 21 by Al_Bundy

A Villa or Norwich would be better than all three !

Norwich are offloading players even though they aren’t a basket case off the pitch - Pritchard and Naismith.

Being relegated is not good, being relegated when you are in a complete mess off the pitch as well is when a club gets into big trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024