Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SNOWFLAKE 16:48 - Jan 21 with 3514 viewsperchrockjack

How did this innocuous little word become a template to insult others .

Serious question

Who brought this into vogue and what can be done to have people desist from its over and inappropriate usage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

SNOWFLAKE on 17:07 - Jan 21 with 2360 viewsMo_Wives

It came from the film 'Fight Club' originally, Perch...

Then when students in top universities were claiming to be oppressed (via their I-phones) and literally asking that they be provided with 'safe spaces' (rooms where they could be safe from bad words) and 'trigger warnings' (A warning that a lesson may involve disturbing subject matter) as well as wanting the government to put in laws against offending people, they earned the tag of 'snowflakes'

Some of the idiots now seem to think that someone saying "Yeah, let's not have racial segregation back" is a snowflake...but whatever.

BTW, how privileged do you have to be to want it to be illegal for someone to offend you?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

SNOWFLAKE on 17:10 - Jan 21 with 2347 viewssherpajacob

We had proper snowflakes back in my day. 1978 & 1982. Not like the rubbish ones today.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

SNOWFLAKE on 17:16 - Jan 21 with 2330 viewsMo_Wives

SNOWFLAKE on 17:10 - Jan 21 by sherpajacob

We had proper snowflakes back in my day. 1978 & 1982. Not like the rubbish ones today.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

SNOWFLAKE on 17:19 - Jan 21 with 2315 viewsperchrockjack

Mo.

Thanks

You re a fine chap

Do you think it's a fair observation ?

SNOWFLAKE on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 2290 viewsMo_Wives

SNOWFLAKE on 17:19 - Jan 21 by perchrockjack

Mo.

Thanks

You re a fine chap

Do you think it's a fair observation ?

I think it was a fair tag on the original people it was aimed at. Now it's used for everything. If someone doesn't want to go gay bashing...'snowflake', if someone is left wing...'snowflake', if someone is calling someone a snowflake...'snowflake'.

I never really used it (or cuck) tbh. I may have said it a few times on this forum but not really in calling someone it (I remember using it with Lisa the other day) I think people may think I use it due to my views being similar to the people who coined it and use it the most.

Either way, I prefer 'cockwomble'. As in Humpty is a cockwomble. Only joking, H
I think we should have an amnesty on snowflakes. People, hand in your snowflakes...summer is coming.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

SNOWFLAKE on 17:34 - Jan 21 with 2279 viewsperchrockjack

I go my own way, Mo

SNOWFLAKE on 17:39 - Jan 21 with 2262 viewsSwanjaxs

SNOWFLAKE on 17:32 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

I think it was a fair tag on the original people it was aimed at. Now it's used for everything. If someone doesn't want to go gay bashing...'snowflake', if someone is left wing...'snowflake', if someone is calling someone a snowflake...'snowflake'.

I never really used it (or cuck) tbh. I may have said it a few times on this forum but not really in calling someone it (I remember using it with Lisa the other day) I think people may think I use it due to my views being similar to the people who coined it and use it the most.

I think we should have an amnesty on snowflakes. People, hand in your snowflakes...summer is coming.

Excuse my ignorance Mo old bean, but what exactly is a 'cockwomble '?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

SNOWFLAKE on 17:42 - Jan 21 with 2251 viewsperchrockjack

Even I've heard that

Are you a valley boy ,jax.

Login to get fewer ads

SNOWFLAKE on 17:43 - Jan 21 with 2247 viewsjack247

SNOWFLAKE on 17:16 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

How did you get an up arrow for that?
SNOWFLAKE on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 2224 viewsLohengrin

SNOWFLAKE on 17:43 - Jan 21 by jack247

How did you get an up arrow for that?

Because when I try to picture in my mind's eye an identikit Corbynite that's what I conjure.

Bravo! I thought. Have one on me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

SNOWFLAKE on 17:48 - Jan 21 with 2219 viewsSwanjaxs

SNOWFLAKE on 17:42 - Jan 21 by perchrockjack

Even I've heard that

Are you a valley boy ,jax.

No Penlan boy now exiled in Tycoch, never once come across a cockwomble though 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

SNOWFLAKE on 17:50 - Jan 21 with 2213 viewsperchrockjack

Apologies .second one today

You ve done well

SNOWFLAKE on 17:50 - Jan 21 with 2213 viewsJack_Meoff

I think the types that use terms like 'snowflake' are a tad worried about their own masculinity and could well be gayers.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

SNOWFLAKE on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 2187 viewsMo_Wives

SNOWFLAKE on 17:39 - Jan 21 by Swanjaxs

Excuse my ignorance Mo old bean, but what exactly is a 'cockwomble '?

Like the Wombles spent all day rummaging around on Wimbledon common, a cockwomble spends all day rummaging around in his underpants

Good luck, Mr Cooper

SNOWFLAKE on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 2175 viewsLohengrin

SNOWFLAKE on 17:50 - Jan 21 by Jack_Meoff

I think the types that use terms like 'snowflake' are a tad worried about their own masculinity and could well be gayers.

Don't tell him that....

It's what he used to call Jack Smethurst.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

SNOWFLAKE on 17:59 - Jan 21 with 2173 viewsMo_Wives

Shuurrrp you cockwomble

Good luck, Mr Cooper

SNOWFLAKE on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 2166 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Nazi snowflakes?

Shaved head tattoos etc ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

SNOWFLAKE on 18:03 - Jan 21 with 2152 views3swan

SNOWFLAKE on 17:58 - Jan 21 by Lohengrin

Don't tell him that....

It's what he used to call Jack Smethurst.

Thanks for posting that. It's what came straight to my mind.

Shows how names/words change their meaning as we move from generation to generation
SNOWFLAKE on 18:04 - Jan 21 with 2151 viewsjack2jack

SNOWFLAKE on 17:57 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

Like the Wombles spent all day rummaging around on Wimbledon common, a cockwomble spends all day rummaging around in his underpants

Now is that walking around in his pants,rummaging in the undergrowth or rummaging around his undergrowth which is in his underpants.could you clarify.😉
Sorry to ask,but I think my brain is waterlogged with all the rain we've had.☔
SNOWFLAKE on 18:11 - Jan 21 with 2134 viewsJack_Meoff

SNOWFLAKE on 17:59 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

Shuurrrp you cockwomble

Massive cuck

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

SNOWFLAKE on 19:19 - Jan 21 with 2038 viewsSwanjaxs

SNOWFLAKE on 17:57 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

Ahhh fair play 👏 ..... saying that mate i bet there was a bit of a cockwomble in all of us in our youth 😂😂😂😂

SNOWFLAKE on 22:24 - Jan 21 with 1912 viewsJack_Meoff

SNOWFLAKE on 18:00 - Jan 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Nazi snowflakes?

Shaved head tattoos etc ?

Try anything once me tom

SNOWFLAKE on 01:05 - Jan 22 with 1826 viewsLeonWasGod

SNOWFLAKE on 17:10 - Jan 21 by sherpajacob

Great for making snowmen, er sorry, I mean snowpeople.
SNOWFLAKE on 02:58 - Jan 22 with 1798 viewsHumpty

SNOWFLAKE on 17:32 - Jan 21 by Mo_Wives

Heh!

"I've never really used it to be honest. Apart from all the times I did. And cuck. But apart from all those times I never really used it. Or cuck."

F*ck off Mo. And don't use the word honest with regards to anything you ever say again.

I never say it apart from when I do. Trumpian bullshit at it's best.
SNOWFLAKE on 05:44 - Jan 22 with 1783 viewsMo_Wives

SNOWFLAKE on 18:04 - Jan 21 by jack2jack

Now is that walking around in his pants,rummaging in the undergrowth or rummaging around his undergrowth which is in his underpants.could you clarify.😉
Sorry to ask,but I think my brain is waterlogged with all the rain we've had.☔

I like to think of it as someone who plays a form of pocket billiards with a slight squint in one eye and a curled lip.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024