Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We love you Carlos we do .... 01:10 - Jan 23 with 7728 viewssainthelens

Am sensing an affinity with our fans with this guy. Early days maybe, and he needs help from Jenkins, but this guy could turn out to be the most 'loved' manager we've had. Fckn bonkers but knows his stuff.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 06:29 - Jan 23 with 4360 viewsSTID2017

He has done brilliantly with the same squad so far - needs the backing of the board now to get in a few players to ensure our survival and build a platform for next season.
Considering all the damage PC did, it's incredible we are only 6 pints off tenth.
Come on HJ & the Yanks - you know it makes sense.
An extra £2 million or so for Andre Ayew to form a lethal partnership with his brother, together with a winger and a RB and possibly an AM could see us in a whole different position.
EDIT: Meant points of course, not pints !
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 7:03]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We love you Carlos we do .... on 06:48 - Jan 23 with 4327 viewsDr_Winston

We love you Carlos we do .... on 06:29 - Jan 23 by STID2017

He has done brilliantly with the same squad so far - needs the backing of the board now to get in a few players to ensure our survival and build a platform for next season.
Considering all the damage PC did, it's incredible we are only 6 pints off tenth.
Come on HJ & the Yanks - you know it makes sense.
An extra £2 million or so for Andre Ayew to form a lethal partnership with his brother, together with a winger and a RB and possibly an AM could see us in a whole different position.
EDIT: Meant points of course, not pints !
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 7:03]

Yup. If nothing else he's shown Clement's performance with the same players up completely. Apply the same levels we showed last night to some of the stupid games we've lost at home and this season would be looking very different.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:19 - Jan 23 with 4007 viewsLoyal

Laudrup is a legend, Martinez etc, Sir Huw ! We love Carlos, Worshipping players, calling them God's.
FFS this is what is so fcking wrong with football.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 3933 viewsPrivate_Partz

I remember similar posts in relation to Clement, and Blobby for that matter, although none professed love.
Not Frankie though as he was old, smoked and had the nerve to fall ill on the job.
I like Carlos. He is a decent guy, has a smile on his face and has a whole host of funny sayings. He has got us playing as a team again and with a growing sense of belief but it is very, very early days.
If Jenkins does nothing in this Window (seems increasingly likely) and the downward spiral returns then opinions on him will change dramatically as they did with Clem and Blobby.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:53 - Jan 23 with 3898 viewssainthelens

We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:19 - Jan 23 by Loyal

Laudrup is a legend, Martinez etc, Sir Huw ! We love Carlos, Worshipping players, calling them God's.
FFS this is what is so fcking wrong with football.

Who's pissed on your chips.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:55 - Jan 23 with 3878 viewsjack2jack

I like him,he's a breath of fresh air,I only hope that we don't see a husk of a man in a few months time,he has to be given the backing of the owners.But you know what he might just have the nous to pull off the impossible.But to give him an even better chance,put your hands in your pockets,please.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 22:07 - Jan 23 with 3810 viewsCrazedBison

We love you Carlos we do .... on 06:48 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

Yup. If nothing else he's shown Clement's performance with the same players up completely. Apply the same levels we showed last night to some of the stupid games we've lost at home and this season would be looking very different.

I was fully in the Clement camp until I saw what the Portuguese man has done. Either PC was absolutely failing us this season or Carlos the Jackyl is a beast of a man(anger.)
We love you Carlos we do .... on 22:07 - Jan 23 with 3799 viewsAmbergambler

It would be hard not to like him after last night.
Login to get fewer ads

We love you Carlos we do .... on 22:13 - Jan 23 with 3767 viewsMrSwerve

A successful manager is a popular manager.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

We love you Carlos we do .... on 22:30 - Jan 23 with 3715 viewssainthelens

My respect to CC is that he's found a way forward with a side that's the worst we've had in almost 10 years, and with a board and a DOF who are about as much use a fart in a wetsuit. All with a smile and a piss take .....good onya.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 00:12 - Jan 24 with 3540 viewsLoyal

We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:53 - Jan 23 by sainthelens

Who's pissed on your chips.

He will become your favourite cnt at some point.
They all do.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

We love you Carlos we do .... on 01:26 - Jan 24 with 3491 viewsWanderer

as per the "siggy shagged my missus" thread last season, he is not there yet but, the key is under the flower pot ready.....
Wonder what analogy he would proffer ?
We love you Carlos we do .... on 07:49 - Jan 24 with 3381 viewsPrivate_Partz

We love you Carlos we do .... on 22:07 - Jan 23 by CrazedBison

I was fully in the Clement camp until I saw what the Portuguese man has done. Either PC was absolutely failing us this season or Carlos the Jackyl is a beast of a man(anger.)

Jenkins wrecked Clement, and Frankie. I hope history does not repeat itself.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We love you Carlos we do .... on 09:53 - Jan 24 with 3271 viewsSTID2017

We love you Carlos we do .... on 07:49 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

Jenkins wrecked Clement, and Frankie. I hope history does not repeat itself.

Nobody wrecks a manager.
They are people in charge of up to a hundred staff.
If they haven't got the guts to stand up to the chairman, they shouldn't be managers.
Not taking away any damage HJ did, but can't imagine someone like Tosh, Ferguson, Shankly, Clough, etc, etc, just nodding to the DOF / Chairman and saying "Yes Sir"
These guys nowadays get paid a hell of a lot of money to manage a PL club - they need to earn their crust

We love you Carlos we do .... on 10:11 - Jan 24 with 3239 viewsawayjack

We love you Carlos we do .... on 21:45 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

I remember similar posts in relation to Clement, and Blobby for that matter, although none professed love.
Not Frankie though as he was old, smoked and had the nerve to fall ill on the job.
I like Carlos. He is a decent guy, has a smile on his face and has a whole host of funny sayings. He has got us playing as a team again and with a growing sense of belief but it is very, very early days.
If Jenkins does nothing in this Window (seems increasingly likely) and the downward spiral returns then opinions on him will change dramatically as they did with Clem and Blobby.

Yup agree. He's made decent start but it's very early days. Our new fans seem almost desperate for a hero.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 3225 viewsSTID2017

We love you Carlos we do .... on 10:11 - Jan 24 by awayjack

Yup agree. He's made decent start but it's very early days. Our new fans seem almost desperate for a hero.

This very old fan (i.e since late 60's) is very desperate for someone to kickstart the team.
The only Swans hero I ever did was Curtis, and I was about 10 when I first saw him in the early seventies

We love you Carlos we do .... on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 3200 viewsperchrockjack

STID is dead right

Football is a business and Swansea City is big business .Forget the little Swansea is a small town shyte, it's not and our manager should really do what managers of large companies do and that s manage

Shankly,Paisley, Fergie,Clough,Nicholson,stein all knew everything about everything and everyone at the club and it either their way or the highway.

I have no respect at all for any manger who doesn't have the balls to stand up and take responsibility .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

We love you Carlos we do .... on 11:11 - Jan 24 with 3153 viewsWhiterockin

We love you Carlos we do .... on 22:30 - Jan 23 by sainthelens

My respect to CC is that he's found a way forward with a side that's the worst we've had in almost 10 years, and with a board and a DOF who are about as much use a fart in a wetsuit. All with a smile and a piss take .....good onya.

Is the side the worst we have had for 10 years or have we just had piss poor managers recently?

I know it was a one off, but Monday evening they were the same players.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:08 - Jan 24 with 2952 viewsLoyal

We love you Carlos we do .... on 11:11 - Jan 24 by Whiterockin

Is the side the worst we have had for 10 years or have we just had piss poor managers recently?

I know it was a one off, but Monday evening they were the same players.

This current side is better than the one we had the first season of the premier league. But the momentum was with us then and we had a few leaders. And maybe a few players who loved being swans players, players who went from 500 quid a week to 20k a week like Monk and Britton.

We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:13 - Jan 24 with 2937 viewsGlyn1

He's doing extremely well so far, but lets hold off on the love fest until after he's lost three matches in a row. There's a lot of criticism of him on the Sheffield Wednesday fan forums along the lines of: nice guy but no plan B, quite defensive tactics, bizarre signings and playing favourites.

A lot of that can be written off as understandable negativity because they were in or near to the relegation zone but I'm still reluctant to praise Huw Jenkins for signing him.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 19:18]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:16 - Jan 24 with 2924 viewsLoyal

We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:13 - Jan 24 by Glyn1

He's doing extremely well so far, but lets hold off on the love fest until after he's lost three matches in a row. There's a lot of criticism of him on the Sheffield Wednesday fan forums along the lines of: nice guy but no plan B, quite defensive tactics, bizarre signings and playing favourites.

A lot of that can be written off as understandable negativity because they were in or near to the relegation zone but I'm still reluctant to praise Huw Jenkins for signing him.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 19:18]

Roll a dice and sometimes you throw a 6.
And sometimes you throw a 1.
No way to run a football club for your own personal reasons.

We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:20 - Jan 24 with 2906 viewsjack247

We love you Carlos we do .... on 10:30 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

STID is dead right

Football is a business and Swansea City is big business .Forget the little Swansea is a small town shyte, it's not and our manager should really do what managers of large companies do and that s manage

Shankly,Paisley, Fergie,Clough,Nicholson,stein all knew everything about everything and everyone at the club and it either their way or the highway.

I have no respect at all for any manger who doesn't have the balls to stand up and take responsibility .

STID couldn’t be more wrong.

Carlos is an employee. The very fact he gets paid huge money is the reason he says what he is told to say.

Mourinho can get away with it, because if he gets sacked, he walks into PSG or Bayern or somewhere. Carlos, Clement, Guidolin etc won’t, so they toe the party line.

And comparing the manager of a lower end PL team to all time greats makes as much sense as comparing Leroy Fer to Zidane.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:26 - Jan 24 with 2897 viewsperchrockjack

We re talking about the role of a manager,or what it should be. 247

That our club views it differently is another matter

So, you are wrong

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:36 - Jan 24 with 2871 viewsjack247

We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:26 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

We re talking about the role of a manager,or what it should be. 247

That our club views it differently is another matter

So, you are wrong

It’s not 1976 anymore.

Clough would never have lasted long enough to prove how brilliant a manager he was in this era. He’d have been sacked for being a twàt after a couple of weeks.

Or more realistically, he’d have had the common sense to be a lot more humble until he had proved himself indispensable.
We love you Carlos we do .... on 19:36 - Jan 24 with 2869 viewsJack11

Funny all the dinosaurs thinking that the manager should be booking the coach travel, organising the hotel, getting the kit washed, arranging player contracts etc. There are no 'managers' anymore - ferguson was the last of that breed. They are head coaches these days. They coach the first team. You are getting them confused and are comparing them to the manager of a factory or something similar. It's not 1965 anymore, it's called progress.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024