Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
85 minutes gone. 01:13 - Jan 23 with 2608 viewsbuilthjack

1-0 up against Liverpool. People leaving.
Bizarre.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

85 minutes gone. on 05:33 - Jan 23 with 2515 viewsicecoldjack

I know there are some genuine reasons for some to leave early, but ffs who would want to ?
85 minutes gone. on 06:20 - Jan 23 with 2454 viewsSTID2017

It's like watching a film then leaving five minutes before the end and saying "I'll read the end of the book instead"
Anything could have have happened in that crazy last 5 minutes + 4 minutes injury time.
Why anyone would want to miss it is beyond me.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

85 minutes gone. on 06:48 - Jan 23 with 2401 viewsAndy1300

85 minutes gone. on 06:20 - Jan 23 by STID2017

It's like watching a film then leaving five minutes before the end and saying "I'll read the end of the book instead"
Anything could have have happened in that crazy last 5 minutes + 4 minutes injury time.
Why anyone would want to miss it is beyond me.

I couldn't believe some of the Liverpool fans were leaving on 85 mins, they could have and nearly did score

Number 1 team in Wales

85 minutes gone. on 07:42 - Jan 23 with 2294 viewsjackal

Puzzles me too.

Guy in front of me was shouting and supporting throughout. Really got involved and was passionate and then before the end just up and left.

Still, it's his call.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:07 - Jan 23 with 2222 viewsFireboy2

This really gets my goat and i have commented on it a few times

The only time i have ever left a game early is when i have to get to work

But if people want to get home early rather than watch the full game then sit in traffic its up to them especially when its a tight compelling game like last night

Each to their own though

[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:38]
85 minutes gone. on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 2040 viewsperchrockjack

Th excuses are mainly based on shift work ,which was shyte of course.

I'm pretty sure the same people leave at the same time regardless of the state of the game.
I don't see the point of joining a traffic queue earlier myself.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

85 minutes gone. on 10:10 - Jan 23 with 1936 viewsDarran

85 minutes gone. on 09:32 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

Th excuses are mainly based on shift work ,which was shyte of course.

I'm pretty sure the same people leave at the same time regardless of the state of the game.
I don't see the point of joining a traffic queue earlier myself.

Yeah well done on not leaving your living room to put the kettle on untill the whistle had gone.
Fuçking idiot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

85 minutes gone. on 10:17 - Jan 23 with 1907 viewsSTID2017

85 minutes gone. on 10:10 - Jan 23 by Darran

Yeah well done on not leaving your living room to put the kettle on untill the whistle had gone.
Fuçking idiot.

So what's your view on the hundreds who left on 85 minutes or so yesterday Darran ?

Login to get fewer ads

85 minutes gone. on 10:21 - Jan 23 with 1881 viewsDarran

85 minutes gone. on 10:17 - Jan 23 by STID2017

So what's your view on the hundreds who left on 85 minutes or so yesterday Darran ?

Here’s my view. I couldn’t give a fuçk they can do what they want.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

85 minutes gone. on 10:23 - Jan 23 with 1874 viewsexiledclaseboy

I think most people who left their seats simply gathered on the concourse until the final whistle. The concourse was rammed at full time last night. And the whole place was bouncing. First proper atmosphere for some time.

Poll: Tory leader

85 minutes gone. on 10:42 - Jan 23 with 1826 viewsPrivate_Partz

85 minutes gone. on 10:23 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

I think most people who left their seats simply gathered on the concourse until the final whistle. The concourse was rammed at full time last night. And the whole place was bouncing. First proper atmosphere for some time.

Is the correct answer.
I always go down to the concourse on 90 to avoided the dangerous scrum on the stairs at full time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

85 minutes gone. on 10:51 - Jan 23 with 1806 viewsmax936

85 minutes gone. on 10:42 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

Is the correct answer.
I always go down to the concourse on 90 to avoided the dangerous scrum on the stairs at full time.

Me and lad always do, was there for nearly 10mins after final whistle got home just before 11, which is a pain on a school night, but fuking missing a game like that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

85 minutes gone. on 11:24 - Jan 23 with 1747 viewsSTID2017

85 minutes gone. on 10:51 - Jan 23 by max936

Me and lad always do, was there for nearly 10mins after final whistle got home just before 11, which is a pain on a school night, but fuking missing a game like that.

God Max, thought you were a bit old for school

85 minutes gone. on 11:32 - Jan 23 with 1719 viewsperplex

85 minutes gone. on 10:17 - Jan 23 by STID2017

Stop worrying about it mun, what`s the matter with you.
85 minutes gone. on 11:43 - Jan 23 with 1686 viewsPrivate_Partz

85 minutes gone. on 10:51 - Jan 23 by max936

There is often a good little atmosphere going there in games like that. One of those stranger hugging moments. I probably gave you one you beauty :-))

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

85 minutes gone. on 11:54 - Jan 23 with 1655 viewsawayjack

It is bizzare but does happen in a lot of grounds. I guess it's your modern football fan where beating the traffic is more important than last 10 mins. Great that quite a few thousand stayed behind to celebrate.
85 minutes gone. on 13:33 - Jan 23 with 1479 viewsswanforthemoney

I was too wrapped up in the game to notice whether other fans were leaving.

I stand in the North Stand

85 minutes gone. on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 1381 viewsJoe_bradshaw

85 minutes?

That was when I’d already spat out all my fingernails and my forefingers and was making inroads into my knuckles.
I was left with bleeding stumps by the final whistle.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

85 minutes gone. on 15:25 - Jan 23 with 1345 viewsFieryJack

Why does everyone assume that this is all to do with beating the traffic?

Don't forget that some people are too poor to own a car or have never got around to learning to drive one in the first place.

Perhaps some leave to get the last bus or train.

Eg. Last train to Carmarthen is at 10.27pm and the last one east to Neath etc 5 minutes later.

Reckon I could walk from Liberty to High Street station in 15 mins in a hurry, but others probably couldn't.

I've left plenty of away games 5 or even 10 minutes early to get a more convenient train home - only came unstuck once a few seasons ago when we were 1-1 at Newcastle. Got about quarter of a mile from St. James's only to hear a roar so massive that I assumed Newcastle had scored the winner, and only found out later that the racket was coming from our lot after Bony gave us the 1-2 win.
85 minutes gone. on 15:41 - Jan 23 with 1313 viewsFireboy2

85 minutes gone. on 15:25 - Jan 23 by FieryJack

Why does everyone assume that this is all to do with beating the traffic?

Don't forget that some people are too poor to own a car or have never got around to learning to drive one in the first place.

Perhaps some leave to get the last bus or train.

Eg. Last train to Carmarthen is at 10.27pm and the last one east to Neath etc 5 minutes later.

Reckon I could walk from Liberty to High Street station in 15 mins in a hurry, but others probably couldn't.

I've left plenty of away games 5 or even 10 minutes early to get a more convenient train home - only came unstuck once a few seasons ago when we were 1-1 at Newcastle. Got about quarter of a mile from St. James's only to hear a roar so massive that I assumed Newcastle had scored the winner, and only found out later that the racket was coming from our lot after Bony gave us the 1-2 win.

Well then that will teach you not to leave early again FJ
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 15:42]
85 minutes gone. on 15:56 - Jan 23 with 1275 viewsFieryJack

85 minutes gone. on 15:41 - Jan 23 by Fireboy2

Well then that will teach you not to leave early again FJ
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 15:42]

You're right, Fireboy.

Stay until the bitter end these days! (well, most of the time )
85 minutes gone. on 16:12 - Jan 23 with 1239 viewskarnataka

I always watch the last few minutes from the concourse but never leave before the final whistle even when we're getting stuffed. Getting back to the car just that few minutes earlier can sometimes save up to 30 minutes on the homeward journey. The Man City home game was a good example. Left at our usual time, on the whistle, but so many had already left by then, the journey home took nearly 30 minutes longer due to the extra traffic of those that left well before the final whistle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024