Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa leaving 16:49 - Jan 23 with 45706 viewsswanskid95

According to multiple Spanish journalists , he's agreed contract talks with Sevilla, shame to see him go if true.
Roque Mesa leaving on 07:59 - Jan 24 with 4247 viewsJFSwan

Would of been brilliant in our old style with Allen and Leon.
Roque Mesa leaving on 08:13 - Jan 24 with 4222 viewsPawelAbbott

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:12 - Jan 23 by believeinmiracles

People don`t want to talk about those deals mun. They only want to talk about the deals that didn`t come off .

That summer we bought 4 players for next to nothing that were all good enough to play in the Premiership, De Vries, Scotland, Rangel and Bodde.
We managed to find 4 in one summer due to Martinez and Reeves' contacts and hard work.
From what I remember Reeves did all the scouting on barely any budget at all.
Why didn't the club invest more money in these sorts of areas? Why was it that once Martinez left we had no idea who to sign and almost ended up bringing back Bayo???
Roque Mesa leaving on 08:49 - Jan 24 with 4145 viewsSmellyplumz

Cluster fůck of a club.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:03 - Jan 24 with 4042 viewsSwansea93

Sevilla have agreed a deal to sign Swansea City midfielder Roque Mesa on loan for the remainder of the campaign, say reports in Spain.

The deep-lying midfielder only joined the Premier League club this summer in a €12.5m deal from Las Palmas, but he has started in only nine top flight matches so far this campaign.

El Desmarque report the negotiations are at an advanced stage with the 28-year-old open to a return to La Liga and Los Rojiblancos keen to add a central midfielder.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:20 - Jan 24 with 3993 viewsperchrockjack

Like Baston, a classic example of shocking sourcing of players

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:27 - Jan 24 with 3980 viewsAnotherJohn

Will be surprised if Mesa goes in this window, because there is so little in the deal for us. The only way I could see it happening is if relationships have really soured between player and management,
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 3943 viewsJango

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:27 - Jan 24 by AnotherJohn

Will be surprised if Mesa goes in this window, because there is so little in the deal for us. The only way I could see it happening is if relationships have really soured between player and management,

I think the fact he wasn’t brought on instead of a tiring ki or fer on Monday says it all about how much trust Carvalhal has in him. They’d have someone lined up if he is to leave tho you’d hope. Britton isn’t fit enough and nobody knows if Sanches will pull on a shirt again leaving us very light in the middle
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 10:44]
Roque Mesa leaving on 11:39 - Jan 24 with 3857 viewsDevz00

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:27 - Jan 24 by AnotherJohn

It does free up wages if we are looking to bring players in. If the manager doesn’t fancy him then it makes sense in that way at least.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa leaving on 12:04 - Jan 24 with 3790 viewsmarchamjack

Wasn't Mesa one of our Moneyball signings?...great for baseball...not exactly proven in football unless someone can say where its been successful over a period of time. Do Brentford still do it?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:55 - Jan 24 with 3518 viewsicecoldjack

This story seems to be gathering pace, would be a shame if he goes, had a raw deal with us IMO .
Mesa would be great playing in one of the more classic Swans teams over the last decade, unfortunately it seems to highlight just how hard it's going to be for this club to get back to a true footballing ethos.

I don't think anyone would have thought a few years back that Mesa wouldn't be anything other than complete success at the Swans, his failure here points to the clubs failure overall and the reason why we now struggle badly, we just don't have a fookin clue what kind of player fits us anymore !

There was a time when it was easy to identify what a Swans player would be, imagine Mesa in a Martinez team for example ? our steady fook up over the last 3 yrs had made sure that almost every single signing is a lucky dip without thought for style,technique,pattern of play or systems.

We sell one o fthe best set piece takers and sign a bloke who loves headers in Bony, we signed Gomis as a focal point striker when it clearly wasn't a game he could play, we signed Borja with no clue how to use him, we sign Clucas and Mesa who are chalk and cheese as footballers and would never easily blend.

It's an endless line of expensive fook ups by Huw and Co. it's costing us our prem status, we can't sign a single player that fits the Swans way of playing because for three years we've had no way of playing, how the fook did Huw alllow Monk to sail us so far away from what got us here in the first place? continental style football to hoof ball using players that cost 4 times the money and earning 4 times as much !

I pray Carlos is the antidote to the blinkered thinking of the muppets at the club.
Roque Mesa leaving on 18:36 - Jan 24 with 3447 viewstheloneranger

Today's Edition of Marca.....

" Mesa is ‘loco’ to return to La Liga and sign for Sevilla, a club which would be a step up from Las Palmas and a chance to play European football.

Marca report Sevilla are currently negotiating a deal with Swansea which would see Mesa move on loan for the rest of the season. Sevilla want a purchase option in there, rather than a purchase obligation, giving them all the power on a deal.

Sevilla don’t have the best record with loans and transfers generally, they’re ruthless when trying to get a good deal and Swansea City need to be careful they don’t agree to something they may later regret.

Any agreement needs to be committed to because anything thing done separately, and any assurances from Sevilla over a purchase, playing time, payments, is likely to be worthless unless in writing. "

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Roque Mesa leaving on 04:49 - Jan 25 with 3223 viewsdameedna

Looks like a directive to free up wages.
We need an AM though looks like Ayew could so that job.
Not arsed about a sevilla option in want Mesa back bezt season if we stay up.
Looks like want an obligation to sign in which cas stick to our guns and play Mesa Leon and Fulton against County.
Roque Mesa leaving on 04:55 - Jan 25 with 3220 viewsE20Jack

Roque Mesa leaving on 08:13 - Jan 24 by PawelAbbott

That summer we bought 4 players for next to nothing that were all good enough to play in the Premiership, De Vries, Scotland, Rangel and Bodde.
We managed to find 4 in one summer due to Martinez and Reeves' contacts and hard work.
From what I remember Reeves did all the scouting on barely any budget at all.
Why didn't the club invest more money in these sorts of areas? Why was it that once Martinez left we had no idea who to sign and almost ended up bringing back Bayo???

De Vries and Scotland good enough to play in the PL??

Yikes.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roque Mesa leaving on 06:29 - Jan 25 with 3173 viewsangryjack

Free up wages is correct but not to bring anyone else in just to pocket more money
Roque Mesa leaving on 06:52 - Jan 25 with 3144 viewsPawelAbbott

Roque Mesa leaving on 04:55 - Jan 25 by E20Jack

De Vries and Scotland good enough to play in the PL??

Yikes.

Did they or did they not play in the premier league?
I think you will find that I am factually correct.
Roque Mesa leaving on 07:10 - Jan 25 with 3115 viewsJango

Roque Mesa leaving on 06:52 - Jan 25 by PawelAbbott

Did they or did they not play in the premier league?
I think you will find that I am factually correct.

Playing in the premier league and being good enough for the premier league are not the same thing. If they were good enough they wouldn’t have exited it so sharpish.
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:01 - Jan 25 with 2976 viewsLandore_Jack

Absolutely ridiculous. Bottom of the league and we are making our squad weaker.

#backtojack

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:02 - Jan 25 with 2972 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:01 - Jan 25 by Landore_Jack

and still paying a percentage of wages for good measure.
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:05 - Jan 25 with 2962 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:01 - Jan 25 by Landore_Jack

By offloading Mesa - really??
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:05 - Jan 25 with 2962 viewsPawelAbbott

Roque Mesa leaving on 07:10 - Jan 25 by Jango

Playing in the premier league and being good enough for the premier league are not the same thing. If they were good enough they wouldn’t have exited it so sharpish.

The point was that we were a league 1 team buying players way above our standing at the time for next to nothing.
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:15 - Jan 25 with 2924 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He is one of the most over rated players we have had in this league, even more so when you consider the fee we paid.

He takes up one of the midfield positions yet constantly offers little protection to the defence after he's gone diving in for the ball on the halfway line and is lest comically sprinting back trying to catch up whilst they run freely at our defence.

I feel many over rate him simply because he does what many want to see, except at a very low standard. He runs a lot, he passes sideways a lot and he does the usual kissing the badge/ showing he cares theatrics, enough to fool.

I am sure he favours well in the Spanish league, but he clearly was not capable of replicating that in the top tier of English football.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:16 - Jan 25 with 2916 viewsperchrockjack

Baston bought for big money ,not used then loaned out.

Mesa follows that same route

Now who the feck was it on here defending Jenkins

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:21 - Jan 25 with 2895 viewsDrizzy

Treated poorly and never given a fair crack buts it hard to look at his performances as anything more than underwhelming.

Definitely a talented player but we don't have the time to allow him to get acclimatised to the PL in our current predicament.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 2843 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:05 - Jan 25 by nantywatcher

By offloading Mesa - really??

Yes, really.
A couple of injuries and we won't have a mid field without him.
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:43 - Jan 25 with 2838 viewsjedmo_jack

Another Spanish media outlet, Estadio Deportivo, claim the Roque Mesa deal is close. They say Swansea must continue to pay a part of Mesa’s £2.5million-per-year salary even if he leaves for Sevilla – and that both parties are working to secure the deal.

Paying a player not to be here apparently?...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024