Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa leaving 16:49 - Jan 23 with 45711 viewsswanskid95

According to multiple Spanish journalists , he's agreed contract talks with Sevilla, shame to see him go if true.
Roque Mesa leaving on 16:52 - Jan 23 with 12596 viewsTheFranchise

I don't blame him if he wants to go. Painfully underutilised and poorly managed under Clement.
Roque Mesa leaving on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 12573 viewsMrSwerve

Shame if true. I think there's a decent player in there. He's made some mistakes but he always seems up for it when he's on the pitch.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:13 - Jan 23 with 12395 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The right player at the wrong time, or somethin'

Been a bit of a clusterf*ck of a signing from start to finish for one reason or another. I fear the exit will probably be the same, with us either selling at a massive loss or getting shafted with a poor loan deal.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 12321 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:13 - Jan 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Been a bit of a clusterf*ck of a signing from start to finish for one reason or another. I fear the exit will probably be the same, with us either selling at a massive loss or getting shafted with a poor loan deal.

Do we know the loan deal for Borja is poor?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:16 - Jan 23 with 12338 viewsDafyddHuw

Roque Mesa leaving on 16:52 - Jan 23 by TheFranchise

I don't blame him if he wants to go. Painfully underutilised and poorly managed under Clement.

Absolutely
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 12319 viewsthornabyswan

Spanish clubs must love dealing with Jenkins.
Baston and Messa 26 million down the drain.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 17:22]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 12308 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa leaving on 16:52 - Jan 23 by TheFranchise

Its seems that Carlos is not fussed on him either by looks of things, looked decent enough so god knows what's gone wrong.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:22 - Jan 23 with 12276 viewsswanskid95

They are now saying it's a loan deal, with an option to buy at the end
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:22 - Jan 23 with 12272 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:15 - Jan 23 by TheResurrection

I don't know the details, but at the time we seemed to be on the backfoot, trying to offload a player that hadn't worked asap to free up finances, so were likely seen as a soft touch in negotiations. Might be wrong, but that's the impression I had, and this could go the same way.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 12236 viewssainthelens

Hope he's paid his bar bill at the black boy.
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 12209 viewslondonlisa2001

By definition having £15m tied up in a player we can't utilise is poor.

The loan deal simply means we are not compounding it by also paying his wages.
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:29 - Jan 23 with 12195 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:18 - Jan 23 by thornabyswan

Spanish clubs must love dealing with Jenkins.
Baston and Messa 26 million down the drain.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 17:22]

Strange nobody said that when we picked up Michu and Rangel for peanuts.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:30 - Jan 23 with 12176 viewslondonlisa2001

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:25 - Jan 23 by sainthelens

Hope he's paid his bar bill at the black boy.

Is that what the issue is with him then? Surely to God if it is we just tell him to stop or fine him constantly which means we don't need to loan him out as he's costing us nothing at that point.
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:30 - Jan 23 with 12178 viewsOldjack

Something's not right

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:31 - Jan 23 with 12156 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:29 - Jan 23 by felixstowe_jack

If Angel hadn't chipped in his own money we'd have missed out on him.
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:32 - Jan 23 with 12160 viewsicecoldjack

Yes we do, very poor. We paid £15m for him , they got him for nothing and found out he was rubbish so he will get sent back to us in the summer, zero loss for them huge dead weight for us .
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:33 - Jan 23 with 12139 viewsLegend83

Shame.

On the face of it is seemingly very passionate about being a Swan - exaggerated celebrations / disappointment, post a lot on Twitter about being a Swan etc.

Really wanted him to be a success given his solid pedigree in La Liga but looks like it's just not to be.
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:42 - Jan 23 with 12029 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:19 - Jan 23 by max936

Its seems that Carlos is not fussed on him either by looks of things, looked decent enough so god knows what's gone wrong.

Exactly. They will be blaming Clement for Brexit next. ;-)
There is a problem with Roque it seems. Shame as he seems a character and a decent player. Hope it is press BS as God knows who Jenks will bring in, if anybody.
It could be the usual however.We must sell to bring anyone in. I doubt Jenkins will be able to sort that lot in 10 days either.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 17:44]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:00 - Jan 23 with 11883 viewsjedmo_jack

He's offered almost nothing other than dreadful mistakes while being here

If he funds a decent signing then great.
Roque Mesa leaving on 18:02 - Jan 23 with 11858 viewsFlashberryjack

They didn't say that because Michu and Rangel were good players bought at a good price.

Whilst the opposite could be said about Baston and Mesa.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:02 - Jan 23 with 11855 viewsthornabyswan

Kevin Reeves was scouting when we picked up Rangel.
Laudrup and his agent Tutumlu when we signed Michu.
But your right they were both good signings.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 11825 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:00 - Jan 23 by jedmo_jack

He's offered almost nothing other than dreadful mistakes while being here

If he funds a decent signing then great.

Nowhere good enough. Slow, lazy etc etc. Would be nice to get half his fee back, but I can't see that happening at the moment.
Roque Mesa leaving on 18:23 - Jan 23 with 11676 viewsCrazedBison

I think it was one of those instances where he couldn’t handle the physicality of the Premier League. The fella’s got heart and talent, but he’s just one of those players that’s a tad too easily out muscled. He sure did give it a go when he was out there though. Can’t fault a man for giving it his all and failing.

Also goes to show how rare a smaller guy like Leon is in the Prem.
Roque Mesa leaving on 18:56 - Jan 23 with 11423 viewsMoscowJack

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:23 - Jan 23 by CrazedBison

I think it was one of those instances where he couldn’t handle the physicality of the Premier League. The fella’s got heart and talent, but he’s just one of those players that’s a tad too easily out muscled. He sure did give it a go when he was out there though. Can’t fault a man for giving it his all and failing.

Also goes to show how rare a smaller guy like Leon is in the Prem.

I don't think it's physicality.

I think it's the pace of the game, his lack of ability to read danger (by that I mean marking space instead of tracking a runner, standing in between a player and a pass or simply falling into the defensive line/shape) and the fact he's not a great tackler. Not great for a defensive midfielder.

I do agree with many that there's a very good player in there somewhere though. He's got a good passing range, but maybe he can't use it so much in the PL where he is given so much less time on the ball. The first thing I noticed about him (actually, the second after his passing rage) was that he'll get caught on the ball a lot in the PL if he doesn't get up to speed quickly.

A loan deal might work for us. If he goes and does well he could fit into the old philosophy of passing/moving that we had until Monk. At the moment, it's a bit of a risk to be playing him and we're at the wrong end of the table to take those risks.

It would be a pity if he left as I did enjoy watching him and really hoped he could eradicate those errors from his game.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:04 - Jan 23 with 11352 viewsJack11

His problem is between the ears. Looks like a pen waiting to happen and gives the ball away cheaply. Not great for a DM. We'd have beaten Everton away if it wasn't for him and we'd have got a draw out of Watford at home too. Another player that gets cult status and a song for doing the square root of nothing. See also M Barrow et al.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024