Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area 21:09 - Jan 23 with 3297 viewszedlep

Hi all,
I hope you can help. My aged parents want a conservatory (glass, doors and frames - not the foundations), a French door and eight double glazed Windows replaced (the windows to be replaced by Tripple glazed units).

I've just been quoted £28000 all in by Anglian! With all discounts and scrap page allowances added on, this represents a gross figure of over £45000!!!!!!

They live in Treboeth for Christs sake! You can buy Rogers Street for that!

Anyone know of a good value, good reputation company I can approach please?

Thanks in anticipation
STID :-)

Zedzdead

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 21:13 - Jan 23 with 3283 viewsdickythorpe

Google Triple glazing in Swansea.

A couple of firms I haven't heard of. Now you have Anglican's quote try to see if Everest or Dunraven can beat it.

Also try the scheme the Welsh Assembly run.

I don't think this is the one but it's similar

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/cymru/publications/our-information-and-advice/find-a-tr
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 21:16]
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 21:20 - Jan 23 with 3261 viewszedlep

Cheers For that. Everest will only do the conservatory if we pay for a new foundation, so they are out.

I'll look at the other one though and the website.

Thanks again

Zedzdead

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 21:58 - Jan 23 with 3218 viewsNeath_Jack

Try going through a local (recommended) builder instead mate, should be a lot cheaper that way.

When i was an apprentice, we used to do all the building work for conservatory's, f*ck all to them really.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 22:08 - Jan 23 with 3200 viewsexhmrc1

try these they have been around for years and did our windows years ago

http://www.distinction-windows.co.uk/
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 22:09]
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 22:24 - Jan 23 with 3184 viewsmax936

Need to sort my windows out, the sound proofing is on way out, plus they let air in, very evident in high winds.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 22:49 - Jan 23 with 3145 viewsAmbergambler

Dunraven can be very persistent with their sales calls. We agreed to a salesman coming to give us a quote on the understanding that this was something we planned to do in the future.
The quote they gave for a few windows was £14,000 but after we'd repeatedly said we weren't interested it gradually came down by £5000! We still weren't interested
but they kept ringing us for months afterwards.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 22:50]
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 22:53 - Jan 23 with 3137 viewslifelong

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 22:49 - Jan 23 by Ambergambler

Dunraven can be very persistent with their sales calls. We agreed to a salesman coming to give us a quote on the understanding that this was something we planned to do in the future.
The quote they gave for a few windows was £14,000 but after we'd repeatedly said we weren't interested it gradually came down by £5000! We still weren't interested
but they kept ringing us for months afterwards.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 22:50]

Yes, I’ve experienced similar with them, they’re a pain.
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 23:27 - Jan 23 with 3106 viewsAndy1300

My brother and his father in law do windows and conservatories, I can pass your number on if you pm me

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 00:44 - Jan 24 with 3088 viewsBarrySwan

Can't really comment on the price as I don't really know the extent of the work but I've not long converted my garage, and have a full width 3 section triple glazed front window and triple glazed french windows at the back and the old triple glazing really is the dogs, both in sound reduction and keeping the warmth in.

I was afraid with so much expanse of glass that the new room would be a nightmare to heat due to loss through the windows but a single not too large radiatior towards one end of the room keeps the room really toasty even in the worst of weather on a mid setting on the TRV.

I was afraid that asking for triple instead of just double glazing would cost a small fortune more but it was about £100 extra for the french windows and less than that for the front window.

I'd recommend triple glazing for all replacement windows if feasible.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 0:46]
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 03:39 - Jan 24 with 3056 viewsTreforys_Jack

Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 22:53 - Jan 23 by lifelong

Yes, I’ve experienced similar with them, they’re a pain.

Dunraven harassed me for a couple of years after I stupidly agreed to a no obligation quote. A real pain of a company. Try a local company mate, my conservatory isn't very big, roughly 3m x 3m, cost me under 10k, including the base. Avoid these national companies, sure there is a good builder scheme for OAP's.
Tripple glazing / conservatory companies in Swansea area on 07:24 - Jan 24 with 3020 viewsThewayiseeit

Try Homeland Wales, had work done with them recently, refreshingly honest and nice guys, no pushy sales crap and the job is first class. They have excellent reviews on sites like checkatrade and my builder. Give them a try 👍🏻
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024