Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An American guide to visiting the Swans 16:59 - Jan 24 with 3130 viewsGlyn1

Apologies if these have been posted before but here are an American fan's thoughts about watching the Swans. There must be hundreds of people like him (Paul Gerald) coming to watch the Swans each season - certainly I always see Korean tourists on the train from Paddington - all paying at least a little bit into the local economy.

http://englishsoccerguide.com/english-soccer-travels-see-do-swansea/

and

http://englishsoccerguide.com/seeing-a-game-at-swansea-city/

and

http://englishsoccerguide.com/yankee-groundhopper-9-summer-plans-here-and-there-

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 18:50 - Jan 24 with 2952 viewsBrynCartwright

This is why slipping into the Championship would be a blow to Swansea. With our resources we will never compete week in week out against the big teams but maintaining Premiership status is massive for the city's economy.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 20:31 - Jan 25 with 2569 viewsJack59

If I was an american visiting the UK and read that article, I'd probably give it a miss, on account of the language difficulties.
Maybe wiser to catch a game in London where there are no communication issues.
An American guide to visiting the Swans on 20:36 - Jan 25 with 2548 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Thanks, quite enjoyed reading that.
An American guide to visiting the Swans on 20:41 - Jan 25 with 2539 viewslifelong

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 20:31 - Jan 25 by Jack59

If I was an american visiting the UK and read that article, I'd probably give it a miss, on account of the language difficulties.
Maybe wiser to catch a game in London where there are no communication issues.

‘No communication issues in London’...Really?

I was reading a article recently where I’m sure it said there are in the region of 300 languages spoken there, let alone two.
An American guide to visiting the Swans on 21:35 - Jan 25 with 2444 viewsMuteswan

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 20:41 - Jan 25 by lifelong

I was reading a article recently where I’m sure it said there are in the region of 300 languages spoken there, let alone two.

And they’ve all got really strong accents , unlike us Jacks. 😉
Seriously, thanks to OP for sharing that.
An American guide to visiting the Swans on 21:55 - Jan 25 with 2405 viewsSwanjaxs

An American guide to visiting the Swans:

Buy a football club:

Asset strip said club:

Cream off parachute payments:

Fùck off sharpish with bundles of cash 👍
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 5:48]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 2318 viewsJack59

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 20:41 - Jan 25 by lifelong

Maybe you're getting you're articles mixed up.
The one I was referring to is on the link at the top of the page.
I don't think the American author refers to a communication problem in London.

But to answer the point you made with regard to the other article you read elsewhere,
a friend of mine teaches at a large secondary school in Swansea, she told me that 40 -50 different languages could be heard, on an average day, in a stroll around the school.
So we are not isolated from that problem either.
An American guide to visiting the Swans on 22:59 - Jan 25 with 2256 viewslifelong

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 22:27 - Jan 25 by Jack59

But to answer the point you made with regard to the other article you read elsewhere,
a friend of mine teaches at a large secondary school in Swansea, she told me that 40 -50 different languages could be heard, on an average day, in a stroll around the school.

No, not mixed up at all, I was merely quoting what you said regarding that the American would be wiser if he caught a game in London because he wouldn’t have any communication issues there.
Login to get fewer ads

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 23:49 - Jan 25 with 2190 viewsSwanjaxs

An American guide to visiting the Swans on 22:27 - Jan 25 by Jack59

40-50 different languages..... does that include Townhill, Penlan, Morriston, Dunvant ect?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024