Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vietnam 19:40 - Jan 25 with 3195 viewstrampie

Watched that acclaimed Vietnam thing by some American bloke called Burns, ok-ish is my verdict, but although it was a long time ago I thought the series on our TV in the 80s was better (Canadian I think).
It was alright, not enough about the the reasons for America being scared of Communism, the Gulf incident didn't seem right from what we now know, not enough fighting and too much crying and interviewing Americans, fair enough interviewing Vietnamese as it's their country and too much about hippies and protestors and all that.
On the plus side they admitted their sins which is fair enough.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Vietnam on 19:49 - Jan 25 with 2652 viewsdickythorpe

Vietnam on 19:49 - Jan 25 with 2651 viewsJack11

BIt of a hi-jack sorry, haven’t seen it. But I got all excited thinking this was a thread about my favourite resteraunt. Bloody lovely - me and the other half still drive from Morriston for a take away.
Vietnam on 19:54 - Jan 25 with 2638 viewsdickythorpe

Vietnam on 20:02 - Jan 25 with 2618 viewsJackfath

Does anyone know what the average age of the combat soldier was?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Vietnam on 20:05 - Jan 25 with 2609 viewsgrampajack

Vietnam on 20:02 - Jan 25 by Jackfath

Does anyone know what the average age of the combat soldier was?

n n n nn n nnn n nnnn nn nn n n n nn n
no
Vietnam on 20:12 - Jan 25 with 2594 viewstrampie

On the gun front they recon the Yankee rifle was prone to jamming in the conditions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Vietnam on 20:16 - Jan 25 with 2584 viewsdickythorpe

Vietnam on 20:12 - Jan 25 by trampie

On the gun front they recon the Yankee rifle was prone to jamming in the conditions.

Vietnam on 20:17 - Jan 25 with 2582 viewsJackfath

Vietnam on 20:16 - Jan 25 by dickythorpe

How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Vietnam on 20:20 - Jan 25 with 2574 viewsdickythorpe

What happened to him?
Vietnam on 20:20 - Jan 25 with 2574 viewstrampie

Where was the Americans sense if the French could not beat them the Americans had no chance.

There again like the British in Afghanistan who kept going back and having further go's and then the Russians making the same mistake.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 20:22]

Vietnam on 20:23 - Jan 25 with 2561 viewsdickythorpe

Vietnam on 19:49 - Jan 25 by dickythorpe

Vietnam on 20:30 - Jan 25 with 2537 viewsRancid

I watched all 18 hours of it and found it excellent and I finally understood why the Yanks went in.

Shitbag Frogs.
Vietnam on 20:34 - Jan 25 with 2530 viewstrampie

Were the Yanks really walking through the jungle chanting or whatever they do ?.....surely not...hmm

I did note from the series a VC saying the Yanks used to give their position away because they used to smoke, what silly billies.

Vietnam on 20:36 - Jan 25 with 2525 viewsperchrockjack

I grew up with it.

Saw that series which was excellent

Americans, quite understandably, terrified of what Communist China was about but it turned disastrous .

France ,true enough, utterly to blame as they fooked off leaving a vacuum.

France ,like Belgium ,arguably the very worst colonialists

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Vietnam on 20:45 - Jan 25 with 2509 viewstrampie

Vietnam on 20:30 - Jan 25 by Rancid

I watched all 18 hours of it and found it excellent and I finally understood why the Yanks went in.

Shitbag Frogs.

The French was there for about 100 years, the Americans didn't last long out there, the French fought the mother of all battles Dien Bien Phu, I can't remember the name of any American battles, only an American atrocity Mai Lai.

The French parachuted men in to die for the honour of France, there was no fall back position.
The Americans don't talk about it because they are ashamed of the result and their conduct.

In fairness the French were different gravy to the Yanks.

Vietnam on 20:53 - Jan 25 with 2493 viewsRancid

Agreed Trampie but it became a completely different war when the Americans went in and Ho chi Minh (sp)became their figurehead.
Vietnam on 20:58 - Jan 25 with 2477 viewsNeath_Jack

Superb documentary, there's a couple of cracking books out there too, Lohengrin will probably remember their names.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Vietnam on 21:16 - Jan 25 with 2447 viewstrampie

Vietnam on 20:53 - Jan 25 by Rancid

Agreed Trampie but it became a completely different war when the Americans went in and Ho chi Minh (sp)became their figurehead.

Uncle Ho was there against the French mun.

Vietnam on 21:34 - Jan 25 with 2409 viewsProfessor

Excellent series. The reliability and ease of
Maintenance of the AK47 is its enduring popularity. Having seems few close
Il they are very robust
Vietnam on 21:53 - Jan 25 with 2393 viewsFieryJack

Vietnam on 20:58 - Jan 25 by Neath_Jack

Superb documentary, there's a couple of cracking books out there too, Lohengrin will probably remember their names.

Strongly recommend a book compiled by Christian G Appy called "Vietnam - The definitive oral history, told from all sides".

It's almost 550 pages long, but not too heavy, and easy to dip in and out of.

Good for people like me with short attention spans.

Read it twice, and will probably re-read it again in 5 or so years.

Well worth the price.
Vietnam on 22:14 - Jan 25 with 2370 viewslifelong

Over a 100,000 American, Vietnam veteran, soldiers have committed suicide since the war finished.
Vietnam on 22:21 - Jan 25 with 2354 viewspikeypaul

The recent 10 part vietnam war documentary on BBC4 was superb viewing.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Vietnam on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 2163 viewsLord_Bony

Vietnam on 22:14 - Jan 25 by lifelong

Over a 100,000 American, Vietnam veteran, soldiers have committed suicide since the war finished.

The average age of the American combat soldier was 19...just a bunch of kids really,many of them straight out of collage and straight onto the battlefield with minimum training.

Poor buggers.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Vietnam on 13:52 - Jan 26 with 2136 viewswobbly

Vietnam on 20:58 - Jan 25 by Neath_Jack

I know one of the researchers who worked on this. They spent 3 years on it!

What’s incredible with this documentary is how much of the material that was discovered that was ‘new’ after all this time, despite the war being so heavily covered in so many different ways already.

US public broadcasting at its absolute finest.
Vietnam on 14:19 - Jan 26 with 2121 viewstrampie

Vietnam on 13:52 - Jan 26 by wobbly

I know one of the researchers who worked on this. They spent 3 years on it!

What’s incredible with this documentary is how much of the material that was discovered that was ‘new’ after all this time, despite the war being so heavily covered in so many different ways already.

US public broadcasting at its absolute finest.

I thought the Canadian 80s series thing was better from memory, did the Yanks eyeball that ?
...hmm

The best Vietnam thing I seen was the First Tuesday programme on the discusting My Lai massacre presented by the attractive Olivia O'Leary.
I would advise people not to watch it, it's horrific, I can still remember the soldier in the beginning, a shell of a man, totally gone and a Vietnamese lady in the end who no doubt had lost her family, America should rightly be ashamed, utterly ashamed but they did not even lock them up for murder (all those women, children and babies), just one guy took the rap if being told to stay in the house and then let him go in a short time is taking the rap, not sure if it was the President set him free, im not revisiting it, the Americans are at times a barbaric people who unfortunately for the world have the bomb.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024