Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carvalhal vs Clement tactics 22:20 - Feb 1 with 3805 viewsHeadmaster

Interesting little read.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/612428
Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 3766 viewsPozuelosSideys

More fuel to throw on to the fire of what we already knew. Which is that Clement had as much managerial nouse as Mr Bean

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 22:26 - Feb 1 with 3743 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.

It's now evident he was killing us

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 22:59 - Feb 1 with 3617 viewsGlyn1

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 22:26 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Indeed.

It's now evident he was killing us

After saving us.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 3284 viewswestside

Fabianski had the most saves in the prem and now he only had seven saves in two games
Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 09:32 - Feb 2 with 3212 viewsShaky

. . .Or maybe all teams just get some sort of lift when a new manager comes in that the squad seeks to impress.

Which then dissipates in the following weeks or months.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 09:59 - Feb 2 with 3160 viewsE20Jack

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 09:32 - Feb 2 by Shaky

. . .Or maybe all teams just get some sort of lift when a new manager comes in that the squad seeks to impress.

Your powers of deduction really are letting you down these days.

Are you telling us that you can see no discernible difference between the tactics of the two managers and it is just down to the squad wanting to impress?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 10:11 - Feb 2 with 3144 viewsyescomeon

Second only to the cultivation of self belief in the players has been the up turn in the off the ball work. Well in that Arsenal game anyhow. In fairness, we weren't to bad at the defensive off the ball work under Clement, but in that Arsenal game the pressing and movement of the forwards really got the juices flowing.

Upthecity!

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 10:33 - Feb 2 with 3104 viewsE20Jack

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 10:11 - Feb 2 by yescomeon

Second only to the cultivation of self belief in the players has been the up turn in the off the ball work. Well in that Arsenal game anyhow. In fairness, we weren't to bad at the defensive off the ball work under Clement, but in that Arsenal game the pressing and movement of the forwards really got the juices flowing.

Correct.

The pressing has been the main thing that has changed, which of course is the key to our success of years gone by. This was typified in the 2-1 goal against Arsenal where a backpass to Cech was closed down by three chasing players. We are giving the opposition less time on the ball to pick their passes and we are far quicker in attack.

Login to get fewer ads

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 10:44 - Feb 2 with 3084 viewsLord_Bony

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 08:58 - Feb 2 by westside

Fabianski had the most saves in the prem and now he only had seven saves in two games

Says it all. We look much better upfront and at the back now under Carlos he different team indeed .

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 2954 viewsJackSkellington

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 10:33 - Feb 2 by E20Jack

Correct.

The pressing has been the main thing that has changed, which of course is the key to our success of years gone by. This was typified in the 2-1 goal against Arsenal where a backpass to Cech was closed down by three chasing players. We are giving the opposition less time on the ball to pick their passes and we are far quicker in attack.

The last time I remember the high pressing being so noticeable was away to Everton just after Guidolin took over. We won that one as well. I'm sure it became a regular feature of Guidolin's tactics, I just specifically remember it in that game because, as with Arsenal the other day, it was such a change and improvement from what came before.
Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 13:52 - Feb 2 with 2937 viewsOldjack

We were warned by Derby fans how negative he can be ,it got us out of jail towards the end of last season,but the silly billy tried to continue with the negativity over a whole season and it badly backfired ,.I can't see Clem ever being a good manager unless he changes his ways

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 15:10 - Feb 2 with 2830 viewsjack247

We pressed Arsenal because it made sense to do it against them. We weren’t as adventurous against Liverpool, but contained them exceptionally well.

It’s nice to see tactical flexibility from Carlos.
Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 17:32 - Feb 2 with 2682 viewsShaky

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 09:59 - Feb 2 by E20Jack

Your powers of deduction really are letting you down these days.

Are you telling us that you can see no discernible difference between the tactics of the two managers and it is just down to the squad wanting to impress?

Did I miss someting? Are the tactics free-flowing now?

Feel free to lecture me on your opinion of the factors that determine the outcome of football matches when you have demonstrated at least a coin tosser's chances of getting something right.

Or if we bump into each other down the Vivs, whichever comes sooner.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 17:59]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 17:37 - Feb 2 with 2665 viewsE20Jack

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 17:32 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Did I miss someting? Are the tactics free-flowing now?

Feel free to lecture me on your opinion of the factors that determine the outcome of football matches when you have demonstrated at least a coin tosser's chances of getting something right.

Or if we bump into each other down the Vivs, whichever comes sooner.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 17:59]

What? You seemed to suggest the difference was solely down to the players wanting to impress the new manager. I asked you if you have not noticed a difference in tactics then... So if your answer is no - then yes, yes you have missed much. But considering your apparent mental breakdown of late that is hardly shocking.

I have never heard of Vivs my good man. Your ridiculously thick accusation was made to look just that a matter of hours after you administered your own stupid downfall, as the poster was outed at the match. But I wont expect an apology.

You have been described as Jekyll and Hyde and I cannot disagree. You are one odd cookie Shaky. Truly.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 17:39]

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 19:35 - Feb 2 with 2551 viewsGlyn1

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 09:32 - Feb 2 by Shaky

I can't believe that I'm doing this but I'm agreeing with Shaky. He is absolutely right.

We played defensively at home against Liverpool, which was the right thing to do, and won. It wasn't exactly 'Tony Pulis style' defensive but it wasn't flowing football either.

Carvalho has been great so far and he should be Manager of the Month, just like Clement was same time last year, but most Sheffield Wednesday fans were happy to get rid of him so think of their reasons for that.

Let's not build his statue just yet.

And if we high press against Leicester we'll be mullered.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 19:37]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 2529 viewsE20Jack

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 19:35 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

I can't believe that I'm doing this but I'm agreeing with Shaky. He is absolutely right.

We played defensively at home against Liverpool, which was the right thing to do, and won. It wasn't exactly 'Tony Pulis style' defensive but it wasn't flowing football either.

Carvalho has been great so far and he should be Manager of the Month, just like Clement was same time last year, but most Sheffield Wednesday fans were happy to get rid of him so think of their reasons for that.

Who has said anything about free flowing football?

What has been said on this thread is they have a very different tactical approach, which is clear to anyone who even has watches us for 5 minutes before or after the change in managers.

Shaky of the Bailey seems to think the only difference is the fact the players have somethijg to prove, completely ignoring the blindingly obvious footballing style change which has clearly contributed to the upturn in fortunes, defensive capabilities and attacking prowess.

So if you are agreeing with Shaky of the Bailey that there has been no tactical change then no, he most certainly is not absolutely right. In fact, as usual, nothing but the total opposite.

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 19:43 - Feb 2 with 2522 viewsjack247

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 19:35 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

He will keep us up, extend his contract and be sacked earlyish next season after a poor transfer window. There’s a pattern emerging.

He won’t press high against Leicester. He has shown already that he is tactically astute.
Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 07:44 - Feb 3 with 2332 viewsSTID2017

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 22:24 - Feb 1 by PozuelosSideys

More fuel to throw on to the fire of what we already knew. Which is that Clement had as much managerial nouse as Mr Bean

Clement's tactics worked well last season with Gylfi and Llorente as his main two outlets.
After those two left, he failed to give the players any confidence in their ability, leading to us not going on the front foot against teams we should have beaten.
I agree he totally got it wrong this season, but the revisionists on here forget how he turned the team around after the madness of Bobbly.
CC has so far shown himself to be head and and shoulders above any manager we have had since Laudrup IMO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 07:55 - Feb 3 with 2316 viewsperchrockjack

Yes AFTER he saved us.

Past tense

Gone.

Should we have kept him because of the past ?

Flowing forward better now alright

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 08:12 - Feb 3 with 2292 viewsSTID2017

Carvalhal vs Clement tactics on 07:55 - Feb 3 by perchrockjack

Yes AFTER he saved us.

Past tense

Gone.

Should we have kept him because of the past ?

Flowing forward better now alright

I wanted him gone before the Man U cup game in October.
A competent manager could have made a big difference in the 10 or so weeks he stayed here after that!
Grateful for what he achieved but stayed way too long

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024