Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow 08:20 - Feb 2 with 7646 viewsTom1912

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/riyad-mahrez-depre

Let’s hope no one cheers him up....
Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:38 - Feb 2 with 1710 viewsJackfath

I hope Mahrez can find some peace in his life. Depression is an awful thing. Some dreadful comments on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:40 - Feb 2 with 1707 viewsHugeEnkins

Fkc me. What is he 10 years old? He's not depressed. He's in a strop. Petulant child.
Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:42 - Feb 2 with 1700 viewsOldjack

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:38 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

I hope Mahrez can find some peace in his life. Depression is an awful thing. Some dreadful comments on here.

leave it out ffs had he gone to man c he'd be jumping through hoops right now ,he's having a big boys tantrum

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:44 - Feb 2 with 1694 viewsploppy

If Mahrez has been clinically diagnosed as depressed I would guess that Leicester are on very dodgy ground for fining him - but I'm not an expert in employment law. You'd have to wonder whether this was just lazy use of the word depressed. It's no laughing matter - literally.
Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:45 - Feb 2 with 1691 viewsswancity

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:33 - Feb 2 by Oldjack

Would he be depressed had he gone to Man c , nahhhhh

That's a different matter. If he's just feeling down about a collapsed move then he deserves stick. And lots of it. If it's depression though that's another matter, there's a big difference.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:48 - Feb 2 with 1682 viewsSwan91

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:37 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

Phil

Given the shallow ,selfish nature of Prem league footballers on grotesque salaries ,it's entirely possible his jerk is " depressed" as he sees it.

One can be " depressed" about a situation but Chronic Depressive Illness is something quite seperate and dangerous.

Ideally, Mahrez should be sacked for breach of contract with no compensation

I'm in two minds about this.. but I mainly agree with Phil, as an athlete you always want to win trophies, medals... play in the best competitions and with the best football teams... you don't always have a lot of time or opportunities to do that.. He has wanted to move for a while now.. and whilst leicester have let other players leave, he has had to stay even though this could be one of his only opportunities to advance to a bigger level.

but depression could easily be the case here... it doesn't matter about money.. rich people can be depressed aswell. like you said he is already earning a big wage.. so money probably is not the main reason here. the mental state plays a big part in football... shot confidence.. a bad run.. many things can affect a player. it's almost similar to looking to get a better job at another company for over a year.. and and they offer you the job.. but your current company will not let you go. of course that would make you feel bad and affect you in some way.

also why would they sack him... they would miss out on over 50 million... if thats the case would be better to have just sold him... if he gets sacked... man city would just sign him on a free haha. a very bad business plan all around
Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:56 - Feb 2 with 1660 viewsperchrockjack

good reply and thanks

Lets not judge footballers at the highest level by our standards . I doubt very much he is clininically depressed in the way Tom James is at the Blues or Trescothick was at Somerset.

I m of a mind to suggest he is frustrated and pisssed off at losing out on doubling his wages as would most which most of our overpaid darlings .

Bruised ego is also painful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 17:06 - Feb 2 with 1648 viewsAmbergambler

I think this is simply a flippant and incorrect use of the word 'depressed'.

True depression is an illness that doesn't just appear overnight after one incident that you're not happy about.

I think he's being a 'mardy arse' as they say in Leicestershire.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 17:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 17:15 - Feb 2 with 1620 viewsperchrockjack

agreed and I hate the misuse of the word depressed as I do of legend and retard .

Utter ignorance on users part.

MAHREZ ,in modern parlance, Id suggest is simply a shytehouse

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 1575 viewsWarwickHunt

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 14:18 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Again shows the stigma that goes around anything to do with mental health issues

It's a textbook case off Pissedoffitis. Depressed my arse.
Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 18:17 - Feb 2 with 1547 viewsmax936

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 08:21 - Feb 2 by Tom1912

Also:

Carlos Carvalhal on whether he expects Riyad Mahrez to play for Leicester against Swansea on Saturday.

"I have a house and do not know what my neighbours do. I look after my family and my dogs. I say hello to them and wave but that's it. It's not my problem"

Brilliant answer and the correct one clever intelligent man is our Carlos

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 18:19 - Feb 2 with 1540 viewsmax936

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 08:29 - Feb 2 by Pegojack

Let's hope our dog sh!ts in their garden on Saturday.

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 1538 viewsJack_Meoff

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:38 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

Well said Mr Fath

#prayforRiyad

Hope he pulls through this dark time

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 18:25 - Feb 2 with 1528 viewsmax936

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 16:56 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

good reply and thanks

Lets not judge footballers at the highest level by our standards . I doubt very much he is clininically depressed in the way Tom James is at the Blues or Trescothick was at Somerset.

I m of a mind to suggest he is frustrated and pisssed off at losing out on doubling his wages as would most which most of our overpaid darlings .

Bruised ego is also painful

Good post that, I agree 100%, although if I'm wrong I unreservedly apologise in advance.

Mahrez too depressed to play tomorrow on 18:38 - Feb 2 with 1509 viewsperchrockjack

No need Steve.

You are of calon lan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024