Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virgin Media V6 box 22:59 - Feb 3 with 3308 viewsJack123

Just checked my account now, and I see they are now offering a free upgrade from tivo to v6 for existing customers, I notice this comes with a superhub 3, sure I have read somewhere they are not very clever? anyone any experience with the superhub 3, how do you find it?

libera nos a malo

Virgin Media V6 box on 23:08 - Feb 3 with 3295 viewsLord_Bony

I have a Tevo box by Virgin and I flamin hate it...not as user friendly as Sky for example.
I'm wondering if I upgrade to the V6 will I be entering into a new contract (they are sneaky so be careful).

But their optic fibre broadband is quite good.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Virgin Media V6 box on 23:31 - Feb 3 with 3255 viewsJack123

Virgin Media V6 box on 23:08 - Feb 3 by Lord_Bony

I have a Tevo box by Virgin and I flamin hate it...not as user friendly as Sky for example.
I'm wondering if I upgrade to the V6 will I be entering into a new contract (they are sneaky so be careful).

But their optic fibre broadband is quite good.

Check it out, log into account and select upgrades and offers, and then scroll down to bottom right choose select and review, I just looked and can't see anything about extending contract.. I may ring them in the next day or so, too see if I can keep my existing router if I get the v6, apart from the extra channels you can record, I have heard it's way faster than the tivo.

libera nos a malo

Virgin Media V6 box on 00:26 - Feb 4 with 3212 viewsDanWelsh86

I have a v6 box and it is far better than the TiVo offering. Smaller and faster being the main benefits.

Worth the upgrade if you watch a lot of TV. Superhub 3 is also fine for me?
Virgin Media V6 box on 03:23 - Mar 1 with 2964 viewsJack123

Took the plunge, got a v6 and it's awesome in comparison to the tivo.. No need for superhub hub 3 either.. I have the sh2, and kept it.. Amazed by the speed v tivo, Netflix and you tube, are different gravy now..

libera nos a malo

Virgin Media V6 box on 07:50 - Mar 1 with 2889 viewsWhiterockin

I have issues with the V6 box as do others I know. The sound fades and sometimes comes back loud all of a sudden sometimes it doesn't. Virgin still can't sort out the fault as it is not my individual box but a problem nationwide. They HOPE to have a fix rolled out by June.
Virgin Media V6 box on 08:00 - Mar 1 with 2882 viewsJimmyGilligan

Do yourselves a favour, cancel cable and get an IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) box like the Roku. As long as you have WIFI you can get BBC, ITV, Ch4 & 5 and channels like Dave, Really, Yesterday for free. They all have boxsets or the equivalent of, you can watch, for free, as well as being able to watch them live. You can watch Youtube, which for those that don't know has a suprising amount of documentaries, TV shows and movies you can watch for free. Get the NowTV app downloaded onto it and for about £7 a month (no contract) depending on the package you choose you can watch sky one, sky movies, sky sports etc. if you get the entertainment package, for example, and the swans are on sky sports, you can pay for a day pass just to watch the game.

I cancelled virgin TV months ago, best thing i've ever done. Paying for hundreds of channels you only watch maybe 5 or 6 of is for the birds.

With the money saved from paying for the TV I upgraded to the Superhub 3 and have had no problems whatsoever with it. My download speed is currently 310mbps
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 8:07]
Virgin Media V6 box on 10:04 - Mar 1 with 2834 viewsTreforys_Jack

Found the V6 and the new hub to be the mutts nutts tbh.
Virgin Media V6 box on 15:17 - Mar 1 with 2760 viewsLord_Bony

Virgin Media V6 box on 08:00 - Mar 1 by JimmyGilligan

Do yourselves a favour, cancel cable and get an IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) box like the Roku. As long as you have WIFI you can get BBC, ITV, Ch4 & 5 and channels like Dave, Really, Yesterday for free. They all have boxsets or the equivalent of, you can watch, for free, as well as being able to watch them live. You can watch Youtube, which for those that don't know has a suprising amount of documentaries, TV shows and movies you can watch for free. Get the NowTV app downloaded onto it and for about £7 a month (no contract) depending on the package you choose you can watch sky one, sky movies, sky sports etc. if you get the entertainment package, for example, and the swans are on sky sports, you can pay for a day pass just to watch the game.

I cancelled virgin TV months ago, best thing i've ever done. Paying for hundreds of channels you only watch maybe 5 or 6 of is for the birds.

With the money saved from paying for the TV I upgraded to the Superhub 3 and have had no problems whatsoever with it. My download speed is currently 310mbps
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 8:07]

True.

Hundreds of channels to choose from does my head in. When I was growing up there was only 3!

Sky and Virgins days are numbered with subscriptions I think.

But may I add you can do most of the above with an Amazon Firestick...one-off cost about£35.

Heres a great accessory for any dongle you plug in.

http://bgr.com/2018/02/27/roku-stick-amazon-accessory-fire-tv-stick/

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024