Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kicking on from here in February & March 11:02 - Feb 4 with 4165 viewsJethroJack

What do people reckon?
Notts County H - win.
Burnley H - 3pts.
Sheff Wed A - win.
Brighton A - 1pt.
West Ham H - 3pts.
Huddersfield A - 3pts.
Southampton H - 3pts
Man Utd A - ???
Onwards & upwards!! 😁

[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 11:03]
Kicking on from here in February & March on 12:08 - Feb 4 with 3036 viewsShonky

Its just a ride...

Kicking on from here in February & March on 12:20 - Feb 4 with 2998 viewsWingstandwood

That is an absolute dream fixture listing there, it should result in a warm glow and positivity from players and supporters alike. It's so good (Man Unt aside) its almost surreal "with just too good to be true" vibes!

Argus!

Kicking on from here in February & March on 12:44 - Feb 4 with 2924 viewsE20Jack

4 points from next 3 matches to keep momentum going.

Easy to fall into the trap of thinking we should be winning every home game outside the top 6 now but it doesnt work like that. We still have a very weak squad and cant get carried away or complacent, as that is when attitudes turn toxic when results dont go our way.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Kicking on from here in February & March on 12:45 - Feb 4 with 2918 viewsawayjack

That keeps us up. Away wind tougher and we do (hopefully used to!) trip up against other relegation teams. I'd settle for that or even with a point at Hudderfield.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:18 - Feb 4 with 2866 viewssP7qupUf

Kicking on from here in February & March on 12:44 - Feb 4 by E20Jack

Easy to fall into the trap of thinking we should be winning every home game outside the top 6 now but it doesnt work like that. We still have a very weak squad and cant get carried away or complacent, as that is when attitudes turn toxic when results dont go our way.

A sensible perspective.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:20 - Feb 4 with 2858 viewswestside

Southampton ain't going to be easy and Shane Long still give me nightmares from the play off final
Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:27 - Feb 4 with 2835 viewslifelong

That would give us 37 points with 7 league games remaining..just can’t see that happening. Would be happy with 7 or 8 points.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:35 - Feb 4 with 2804 viewsPozuelosSideys

As we saw last season with Clement, there will be some downs after the initial ups when he came in. One or two injuries to key players and subsequent L's will throw us right back down again, particularly as we are playing those around us.

Perspective pls.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:42 - Feb 4 with 2764 viewsjasper_T

Burnley will be a very very tough game.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:44 - Feb 4 with 2759 viewslonglostjack

Kicking on from here in February & March on 13:42 - Feb 4 by jasper_T

Burnley will be a very very tough game.

I agree. It's going to be a very tight game.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Kicking on from here in February & March on 17:12 - Feb 4 with 2606 viewsZZoric

great thread - and Jethro surely already a candidate for poty with his ongoing upbeatness

agree with the realistic forecast - possibly nil point at Brighton tho - shame on those that dont believe (there will be plenty of them, a scfc forum disease)
Kicking on from here in February & March on 17:17 - Feb 4 with 2595 viewsGriffting

Just to keep winning the home games and drawing the away games like we have been would do me.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 17:24 - Feb 4 with 2561 viewssainthelens

Don't all get carried away. Long way from being outa the woods. We've a couple of key injuries now...we can't afford anymore. Whilst I think we'll survive, ide quite happily give up the cup of it meant going easy on our squad. We've had an amazing few weeks but we aren't world-beaters guys. Reality check for some, don't look too far ahead. If we lose to Burnley we're back in the shyte.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 17:39 - Feb 4 with 2511 viewsOldjack

We were dead and buried a few weeks back and most thought we were going down ,now there's a a good chunk of light appearing at the end of the tunnel just like last season . I can see us kicking on now and finishing mid table under Carlos

Well happy right now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Kicking on from here in February & March on 18:02 - Feb 4 with 2458 viewsjasper_T

I still think we're going down.

Third time unlucky.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 18:11 - Feb 4 with 2444 viewswindy_city_jack

I think if we can get draws against Burnley and Southampton, win the remaining, and turn Manure over (we're their bogey team!) then we'll be good.

I think other teams around us are in far worse shape, West Brom and Stoke are a mess on the pitch, Newcastle have a ton of injuries and no investment, Huddersfield will end up down there, maybe West Ham?

All it will take is a couple of bad results and other teams will end up getting dragged into the mix.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 18:16 - Feb 4 with 2431 viewsjack247

Kicking on from here in February & March on 12:44 - Feb 4 by E20Jack

I think we may find it hard trying to break teams down at home. Liverpool and Arsenal have great players, but at least they came at us and gave us chances. The 532 with Ayew and Dyer is superb for counterattacking, but may not be so effective when we’ll drilled teams like Burnley come here to shut us down.

In fairness to Carlos though, although it’s been the same formation, we played differently against Arsenal than Liverpool, then differently in each half at Leicester. Hopefully he can tweak it again against teams that come for a point.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 18:47 - Feb 4 with 2407 viewsMagic_Michu

What do people reckon?

Notts County H - win.
Burnley H - 1pts.
Sheff Wed A - win.
Brighton A - 0pt.
West Ham H - 3pts.
Huddersfield A - 1pts.
Southampton H - 3pts
Man Utd A - 0

That'll leave us needing 2 more win... Could come down to Stoke at home the last day of the season, needing to win to stay up.

We can do it!!!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:22 - Feb 4 with 2346 viewsGlyn1

As we're on TV against Notts County, who are currently scoring for fun, do we put out a strong side or rest them for the Burnley match at the weekend? I keep changing my mind every 5 minutes and it's getting bloody tiring.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:26 - Feb 4 with 2332 viewsTheKirkyLife

Notts County H - Win
Burnley H - 1 pt
Sheff Wed A - Draw
Brighton A - 3 pts
Sheff Wed Replay @ Home - Win
West Ham H - 1 pt
Huddersfield A - 3 pts
Southampton H - 3 pts
Man Utd A - 0 pts
Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:35 - Feb 4 with 2309 viewsskettyparkherbert

Kicking on from here in February & March on 18:47 - Feb 4 by Magic_Michu

What do people reckon?

Notts County H - win.
Burnley H - 1pts.
Sheff Wed A - win.
Brighton A - 0pt.
West Ham H - 3pts.
Huddersfield A - 1pts.
Southampton H - 3pts
Man Utd A - 0

That'll leave us needing 2 more win... Could come down to Stoke at home the last day of the season, needing to win to stay up.

We can do it!!!

I personally don't give a 4x for the 2 FA cup games but Burnley at home on Saturday is huge.

I think that Fer will be missed for his battling qualities in the boiler house but Bony won't be missed cos he's done FA?

I don't think Tom Carroll is the answer for replacing Fer so i would play Andy King and call back Fulton who is a lot more combative, as cover
Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:36 - Feb 4 with 2300 viewsjacksfullaces

Burnley is huge. throw the kitchen sink at them. breathing space as they have the least to play for in this run, the others may well be scrappy, cagey affairs, and luck will play a part, hopefully we win one, draw a couple and not lose too many.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:42 - Feb 4 with 2272 viewsskettyparkherbert

Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:36 - Feb 4 by jacksfullaces

Burnley is huge. throw the kitchen sink at them. breathing space as they have the least to play for in this run, the others may well be scrappy, cagey affairs, and luck will play a part, hopefully we win one, draw a couple and not lose too many.

In our situation just take a game at a time, take the result and then onto the next game.

We have found a bit of form and the fans are back right behind the team again because we ca see the effort they are putting in.

Burnley will be a tough nut but not unbeatable, i fancy us to turn them over?
Kicking on from here in February & March on 20:30 - Feb 4 with 2201 views34dfgdf54

Kicking on from here in February & March on 19:36 - Feb 4 by jacksfullaces

They also just had a cracking result against City, you do find a sub standard performance normally comes after a big effort like that. With home support behind us we have got to get on top of them early, fingers crossed Andre is fit.
Kicking on from here in February & March on 20:36 - Feb 4 with 2169 viewsmax936

Kicking on from here in February & March on 20:30 - Feb 4 by 34dfgdf54

They also just had a cracking result against City, you do find a sub standard performance normally comes after a big effort like that. With home support behind us we have got to get on top of them early, fingers crossed Andre is fit.

Burnley game is going to be tough, I'd take a point right now, Fer has been playing well so he'll be missed lets hope Andy King can step in and Andre is fit.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 20:46]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024