Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. 09:34 - Feb 7 with 6835 viewsLoyal

What the managers said
Notts County manager Kevin Nolan: "I don't think they deserved to be 8-1, but it is one of those games where their finishing was Premier League standard. If you give them opportunities they are going to punish us - of 14 shots on target and eight have gone in.

"We need to concentrate on what is important, which is the league. We need to take this hit and keep smiling.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 09:50 - Feb 7 with 5808 viewsLohengrin

In fairness to Nolan if you'd been bummed you'd have been struggling to explain what had just happened.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:00 - Feb 7 with 5741 viewsswancity

I see his point and agree. Our finishing was of an incredibly high standard but their keeper wasn't very good either. Four of five of those goals were pretty special. And to score 8 from 14/15 attempts takes some doing. Take our game at Spurs when we somehow luckily scraped a 0-0 when they had around 25 goal attempts as an example. Those were bad old days.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:07 - Feb 7 with 5704 viewsperchrockjack

What was refreshing was desire was to keep going forward until the end

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:16 - Feb 7 with 5656 viewsTheResurrection

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:00 - Feb 7 by swancity

I see his point and agree. Our finishing was of an incredibly high standard but their keeper wasn't very good either. Four of five of those goals were pretty special. And to score 8 from 14/15 attempts takes some doing. Take our game at Spurs when we somehow luckily scraped a 0-0 when they had around 25 goal attempts as an example. Those were bad old days.

Haha you won't let that one go.

They had next to no shots on target and next to no real chances on our goal.

A half baked penalty shout and one from Kane.

That was it, how you can compare to last night is beyond my thinking

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:24 - Feb 7 with 5616 viewssainthelens

All down to their preparation then. Where were they again?
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:06 - Feb 7 with 5460 viewsoldcob

In fairness to Notts Co., when they were obviously in for a stuffing, they didn't resort to clogging our boys out of the game. In that way they retained their dignity.
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:25 - Feb 7 with 5358 viewsswancity

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:16 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

Haha you won't let that one go.

They had next to no shots on target and next to no real chances on our goal.

A half baked penalty shout and one from Kane.

That was it, how you can compare to last night is beyond my thinking

25 goal attempts is 25 goal attempts. Accept they weren't tap ins but this is the Premier League and these players can score from anywhere. Inside their own half even. Take the Wanyamha goal at Liverpool last week. Any team that concedes 25 goal attempts has been bombarded and under the the cosh for most if not the whole game. It's nothing to be proud of. To use one of your phrase, watch the game back and you'll see how one sided it was ( Spurs v Swans ). The comparison to last night relates to the finishing, the quality of ours.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:27 - Feb 7 with 5345 viewscontroversial_jack

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:06 - Feb 7 by oldcob

In fairness to Notts Co., when they were obviously in for a stuffing, they didn't resort to clogging our boys out of the game. In that way they retained their dignity.

It could have been more than 8. They took their foot off the gas and one stage and just passed and passed the ball around.I would even suggest that we didn't get out of 3rd gear
Login to get fewer ads

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:36 - Feb 7 with 5311 viewsDewi1jack

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:27 - Feb 7 by controversial_jack

It could have been more than 8. They took their foot off the gas and one stage and just passed and passed the ball around.I would even suggest that we didn't get out of 3rd gear

You may well be right
I still think we felt sorry for Bradford and let them off the hook.
It was good to see we didn't do that last night.
Think we could have scored more mind.

But one helluva confidence boost for our boys
Nice to see our players weren't showboating as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:53 - Feb 7 with 5239 viewsFlashberryjack

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:06 - Feb 7 by oldcob

When Alan Smith came on he dived in with couple of two footed leg breakers, fortunately they didn't connect, otherwise we would be adding another few names on to our injured list.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:58 - Feb 7 with 5223 views34dfgdf54

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:36 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

You may well be right
I still think we felt sorry for Bradford and let them off the hook.
It was good to see we didn't do that last night.
Think we could have scored more mind.

But one helluva confidence boost for our boys
Nice to see our players weren't showboating as well

We did, Michu admitted it. Told of the Bradford defenders.

How Nolan can say they could have scored 3/4 is beyond me though.
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 12:30 - Feb 7 with 5119 viewsHighjack

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 09:50 - Feb 7 by Lohengrin

In fairness to Nolan if you'd been bummed you'd have been struggling to explain what had just happened.

Usually the events following an unwanted sudden bumming does not involve the national media throwing a microphone in your face and saying "how was that bumming for you?"

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 12:46 - Feb 7 with 5030 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 10:00 - Feb 7 by swancity

Luckily scraped a 0-0? Many on here were adamant that was all down to Clement's genius and we were going to have a wonderful season. Anyone who dared question the match and suggest we were fortunate was ridiculed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 13:15 - Feb 7 with 4917 viewswestwalesed

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 12:46 - Feb 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Luckily scraped a 0-0? Many on here were adamant that was all down to Clement's genius and we were going to have a wonderful season. Anyone who dared question the match and suggest we were fortunate was ridiculed.

You mean you are constantly ridiculed for your constant pessimism.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 13:23 - Feb 7 with 4868 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 13:15 - Feb 7 by westwalesed

You mean you are constantly ridiculed for your constant pessimism.

It may be pessimism but it was undoubtedly true.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 13:58 - Feb 7 with 4740 viewsWarwickHunt

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:58 - Feb 7 by 34dfgdf54

Yep - "don't worry, we won't embarrass you" or similar.

Class.
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 18:41 - Feb 7 with 4365 viewsbonymine

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:53 - Feb 7 by Flashberryjack

When Alan Smith came on he dived in with couple of two footed leg breakers, fortunately they didn't connect, otherwise we would be adding another few names on to our injured list.

Smith has always been the same ‘orrible little sh1t.

Still the attention seeking tw@t even in the twilight of his career by virtue of his ridiculous hairstyle which he tried to emphasise by taking his hairband off and diving into ‘tackles’ as you say!

Pr1ck.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 18:59 - Feb 7 with 4276 viewsLoyal

When I think of the word shit, I see his face.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 19:47 - Feb 7 with 4164 viewsmonmouth

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 11:58 - Feb 7 by 34dfgdf54

That bit made me laugh. We were lucky to score 8 from 14 shots on target, they were unlucky not to score 4 from their 3 shots on target.

Stick to chicken impressions Kev.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 20:04 - Feb 7 with 4099 viewsLoyal

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 19:47 - Feb 7 by monmouth

That bit made me laugh. We were lucky to score 8 from 14 shots on target, they were unlucky not to score 4 from their 3 shots on target.

Stick to chicken impressions Kev.

I could have shagged Toyah Wilcox, I tried on three occasions and each time she said No !

In the world of chicken Kev I clearly should have.

N/A. on 23:50 - Feb 7 with 3802 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:59]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 00:05 - Feb 8 with 3770 viewsWarwickHunt

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 20:04 - Feb 7 by Loyal

I could have shagged Toyah Wilcox, I tried on three occasions and each time she said No !

She said no? Iths a mythstery.
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 00:07 - Feb 8 with 3764 viewsWarwickHunt

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 18:41 - Feb 7 by bonymine

Smith has always been the same ‘orrible little sh1t.

Still the attention seeking tw@t even in the twilight of his career by virtue of his ridiculous hairstyle which he tried to emphasise by taking his hairband off and diving into ‘tackles’ as you say!

Pr1ck.

Knocking 40 with a ponytail. The massive biff.
Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 00:33 - Feb 8 with 3724 viewsJackflack

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 20:04 - Feb 7 by Loyal

It’s a mystery to me Loyal

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Nolan not quite accepting of defeat. on 01:00 - Feb 8 with 3694 viewsyescomeon

Tactically they were dreadful. All the space in the world between their lines to do whatever we wanted, and what we wanted was to score 8 goals. Barely any effort on their part to address the issue either.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024