Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlvahal "I am an Owl" 10:03 - Feb 7 with 5712 viewsE20Jack

How refreshing to hear complete honesty for a change from managers and players. When asked how he feels about the next round he said that Sheffield Wednesday is his home, he still feels an Owl and will always feel an Owl - and hopes in time he feels he is a Jack or a Swan but the game will be special for him.

Some people may see that as a negative but it absolutely is not. I remember when Cardiff fans were wanting Jazz Richards dropped after the first game because he refused to do the Ayatollah, did they really think he would make Cardiff his team after a week? It woukd be forced and meaningless.

Lots of managers could have given the generic response to that question "Just another game bla bla" but he was completely honest and have no doubt that if given time he will feel must as much a Jack as an Owl.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite managers.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:12 - Feb 7 with 4042 viewsItchySphincter

I've been recommending him for years.

People are going to be surprised this summer one way or the other. No guarantees he'll be with us next year if he keeps us up. His stock will be high.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:13 - Feb 7 with 4038 viewsWarwickHunt

He's a Jowl.
Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:21 - Feb 7 with 3990 viewssainthelens

I couldn't give 2 hoots.
Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:36 - Feb 7 with 3923 viewsWarwickHunt

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:21 - Feb 7 by sainthelens

I couldn't give 2 hoots.

I just hope he doesn't have his head turned.
Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:40 - Feb 7 with 3896 viewsN_T_J

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:36 - Feb 7 by WarwickHunt

😂
Carlvahal on 10:44 - Feb 7 with 3874 viewsswanjackal

Or he could just be honest and say, "I'm whatever the people who pay me want me to be".

Or just admit it was just a job, just like this one is and the next one will be too.

I like CC, he is entertaining in the interview, and given us a bit more about our play, but things like this get my eyes rolling (just like players kissing the badge) as we know if a better offer comes in, they will be off, and to be honest good luck to them.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:45]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Carlvahal on 10:48 - Feb 7 with 3838 viewsE20Jack

Carlvahal on 10:44 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Or he could just be honest and say, "I'm whatever the people who pay me want me to be".

Or just admit it was just a job, just like this one is and the next one will be too.

I like CC, he is entertaining in the interview, and given us a bit more about our play, but things like this get my eyes rolling (just like players kissing the badge) as we know if a better offer comes in, they will be off, and to be honest good luck to them.

Huh?

You think the people that pay him want him to lie and say he feels more of a personal connection to another club?

That interview was as honest as possible. It wouldn't make sense to think that it wasn't. What does he have to gain or what does the club have to gain by that answer? If it was about appeasement then he would have given the generic.

Not sure if you got the jist of this interview but It is the complete opposite of the eye rolling badge kissing - hence why I am impressed by the honesty. He could have pandered to his current employers and fan base - but didn't.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:52]

Carlvahal on 10:57 - Feb 7 with 3787 viewsswanjackal

Carlvahal on 10:48 - Feb 7 by E20Jack

Huh?

You think the people that pay him want him to lie and say he feels more of a personal connection to another club?

That interview was as honest as possible. It wouldn't make sense to think that it wasn't. What does he have to gain or what does the club have to gain by that answer? If it was about appeasement then he would have given the generic.

Not sure if you got the jist of this interview but It is the complete opposite of the eye rolling badge kissing - hence why I am impressed by the honesty. He could have pandered to his current employers and fan base - but didn't.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:52]

What he has said has worked. It's a PR thing and he seems good at promoting himself. He appeases the fans, and his statement actually is trying to do that to both sets. I have no issues with him doing so, just I don't fall for it so easily.

Maybe i'm just more of a cynic than yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 11:01 - Feb 7 with 3757 viewsoldcob

Why do I have the feeling the board will do the dirty on him and name Martinez as manager next season. Otherwise give him a decent contract NOW.
Carlvahal on 11:07 - Feb 7 with 3722 viewsE20Jack

Carlvahal on 10:57 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

What he has said has worked. It's a PR thing and he seems good at promoting himself. He appeases the fans, and his statement actually is trying to do that to both sets. I have no issues with him doing so, just I don't fall for it so easily.

Sorry but you arent making any sense. That is nothing like what you just said in your opening reply. You likened it to kissing the badge.

All you had to say was "Sorry, misunderstood the thread". The vast majority who read that will no doubt feel a little let down he did not declare his undying love for us, like the majority who fall for the badge kissing.

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 11:12 - Feb 7 with 3684 viewsLoyal

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 10:36 - Feb 7 by WarwickHunt

He can't sleep at night thinking about it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carlvahal on 11:16 - Feb 7 with 3658 viewsswanjackal

Carlvahal on 11:07 - Feb 7 by E20Jack

Sorry but you arent making any sense. That is nothing like what you just said in your opening reply. You likened it to kissing the badge.

All you had to say was "Sorry, misunderstood the thread". The vast majority who read that will no doubt feel a little let down he did not declare his undying love for us, like the majority who fall for the badge kissing.

Same principle. He is appeasing Sheff Wed fans by the usual nonsense spouted by players (kissing badges and the long winded "leaving letters" posted to social media) whilst trying to keep onside with Swans fans (wish to be a Swan one day), emotional drivel. Never said it was solely for the benefit of just our fans.

I almost guarantee that when he does leave, to breaking hearts of some, he will give the same/similar speech about our fans. "I will always be a Swan" etc. It's a PR exercise which is widely used in the game, just like kissing the badge.

Carlvahal on 11:30 - Feb 7 with 3572 viewscostalotta

Carlvahal on 11:16 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Same principle. He is appeasing Sheff Wed fans by the usual nonsense spouted by players (kissing badges and the long winded "leaving letters" posted to social media) whilst trying to keep onside with Swans fans (wish to be a Swan one day), emotional drivel. Never said it was solely for the benefit of just our fans.

I almost guarantee that when he does leave, to breaking hearts of some, he will give the same/similar speech about our fans. "I will always be a Swan" etc. It's a PR exercise which is widely used in the game, just like kissing the badge.

Beware the quicksand.
Carlvahal on 11:56 - Feb 7 with 3471 viewsE20Jack

Carlvahal on 11:16 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Why would he need to appease Sheffield Wednesday fans?

If appeasement is what he wanted he could have gushed over both clubs. And certainly more so the one he is currently at.

Doesnt add up im afraid.

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 12:02 - Feb 7 with 3455 viewsCooperman

Refreshing - yes absolutely.

If he had spouted the usual party line such as ‘I’ve moved on’ then I would have paid little interest to what he said on the subject.

This guy has feelings, he has passion and it seems that he’s not the normal personality that we often see in front of the press.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Carlvahal on 12:09 - Feb 7 with 3413 viewsswanjackal

Carlvahal on 11:56 - Feb 7 by E20Jack

Why would he need to appease Sheffield Wednesday fans?

If appeasement is what he wanted he could have gushed over both clubs. And certainly more so the one he is currently at.

Doesnt add up im afraid.

Why would any ex player/manager gush over former clubs/fans? I would suggest ego and a need to be accepted/loved by all. Also, it creates a story for the game, one that media pick up on and will follow, he's a self promoter in the Mourinho mold.

He has gushed over both clubs, even professing some kind of destiny in joining our club. He is clearly someone who wants to be loved by all, and isn't afraid of achieving this through the media. Like I said at start, I quite like his manner, I like characters in the game, just don't believe every utterance they make.

Carlvahal on 12:12 - Feb 7 with 3394 viewsCooperman

Carlvahal on 12:09 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Why would any ex player/manager gush over former clubs/fans? I would suggest ego and a need to be accepted/loved by all. Also, it creates a story for the game, one that media pick up on and will follow, he's a self promoter in the Mourinho mold.

He has gushed over both clubs, even professing some kind of destiny in joining our club. He is clearly someone who wants to be loved by all, and isn't afraid of achieving this through the media. Like I said at start, I quite like his manner, I like characters in the game, just don't believe every utterance they make.

The point is that he’s refreshing.

Mourinho was also refreshing when he first arrived (well I thought he was). He’s a t1t now but hasn’t always been.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Carlvahal on 12:26 - Feb 7 with 3303 viewsswanjackal

Carlvahal on 12:12 - Feb 7 by Cooperman

The point is that he’s refreshing.

Mourinho was also refreshing when he first arrived (well I thought he was). He’s a t1t now but hasn’t always been.

I agree in general. He's an interesting character, and it makes for more interesting press conferences.

As for Mourinho, he was a tit then, it's just his attitude was new to the scene. Over saturation has made it clear how much of a tit he is though, over time. I actually like Mourinho too, not so much the football, but the pantomime around him. That is something I think CC has too, a charisma, a personality.

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 12:27 - Feb 7 with 3299 viewsploppy

Owls! His pronunciation made me laugh.

Carlvahal "I am an Owl" on 12:28 - Feb 7 with 3286 viewsjack247

He is refreshing because he has us playing better football and winning games. All the rest of it is a sideshow that people find hilarious when we are winning and cringeworthy when we are losing.

I guess he would give more mundane press conferences if we were losing every week. Hopefully we don’t get to find out.
Carlvahal on 12:29 - Feb 7 with 3284 viewsSwanjaxs

Carlvahal on 10:44 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Always remember when England played The Republic of Ireland in a friendly in 95 at Landsdown Road (the riot game) Jackie Charlton the ROI manager at the time was asked " you represented England but are the Republic of Ireland manager, where do your loyalties lie?" To which he answered, "the Republic of Ireland of course, money buys your loyalty"...
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 12:31]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Carlvahal on 12:33 - Feb 7 with 3251 viewsswanjackal

Carlvahal on 12:29 - Feb 7 by Swanjaxs

Always remember when England played The Republic of Ireland in a friendly in 95 at Landsdown Road (the riot game) Jackie Charlton the ROI manager at the time was asked " you represented England but are the Republic of Ireland manager, where do your loyalties lie?" To which he answered, "the Republic of Ireland of course, money buys your loyalty"...
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 12:31]

Which is "refreshingly honest"

Carlvahal on 12:38 - Feb 7 with 3222 viewsFlashberryjack

Carlvahal on 10:57 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Never burn your bridges

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Carlvahal on 12:55 - Feb 7 with 3144 viewsE20Jack

Carlvahal on 12:09 - Feb 7 by swanjackal

Then we disagree completely. It was clearly an open and honest answer. From someone who sees through the false and generic with quite some ease.

Carlvahal on 13:00 - Feb 7 with 3098 viewsswanjackal

Carlvahal on 12:55 - Feb 7 by E20Jack

Then we disagree completely. It was clearly an open and honest answer. From someone who sees through the false and generic with quite some ease.

We do.

Then I shall bow to your humility and superior logic and ability to see the truth of all things.

[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 13:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024