Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) 21:18 - Feb 7 with 6546 viewsTheResurrection

Are we seeing it?

Are we looking like a team that can play that way?

Is it the SAME team we've had all season?

Anyone care to discuss?!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 3462 viewsLoyal

Its definitely better.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:21 - Feb 7 with 3445 viewsjack2jack

Care to expand, just for those who are hard of thought.
Thanks in advance.
Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:25 - Feb 7 with 3407 viewsLord_Bony

The Swansea Way.

Football's coming home.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:26 - Feb 7 with 3397 viewsDr_Winston

Makes a mockery of all the "This team would struggle in the Championship/We're headed straight for League One" bollocks doing the rounds a month ago. The truth is what a rare few who stuck their heads above the parapet of gloom maintained. The squad is better than performances suggested.

Sure, we could do with strengthening in a few positions, but a more aggressive attitude and the right kind of football for the players we have (giving Abraham stuff to attack instead of asking him to be a targetman being a prime example) gives us better than a fighting chance of survival.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:27 - Feb 7 with 3385 viewsvetchonian

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:21 - Feb 7 by jack2jack

Thanks in advance.

It was all the managers fault then........I thought it was Siggy and Llorentes?
Still early days but it does look like Carlos is getting the team to play more like we did....perhaps a mix of Sousa and Rodgers....but when moving forwards we do appear to do so with some purpose.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:28 - Feb 7 with 3377 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:21 - Feb 7 by jack2jack

Thanks in advance.

Certainly,

This very same squad was labelled as the worst team we've had in our EPL history, a team full of Championship players incapable of stringing a few passes together, let alone fast, free flowing football...

I'm just curious as all of a sudden, some of the idiots are now even comparing it with the Michael Laudrup era?!

Funny ol' game, eh?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:29 - Feb 7 with 3367 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:26 - Feb 7 by Dr_Winston

Makes a mockery of all the "This team would struggle in the Championship/We're headed straight for League One" bollocks doing the rounds a month ago. The truth is what a rare few who stuck their heads above the parapet of gloom maintained. The squad is better than performances suggested.

Sure, we could do with strengthening in a few positions, but a more aggressive attitude and the right kind of football for the players we have (giving Abraham stuff to attack instead of asking him to be a targetman being a prime example) gives us better than a fighting chance of survival.

Very true, Doc, and it never went un-noticed you understood this squad were capable of better and we didn't have to rely on an eternity of Fat Sam-ball!!

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:30 - Feb 7 with 3363 viewsswancity

Different priority now when that first whistle blows. It's to be adventurous but without throwing caution to the wind. Playing with confidence. Getting more players forward and allowing them to relax, to enjoy their football, to play with smiles. The shackles are off but they're all aware of the defensive duty as well. The transformation has been incredible, I think this is our lngest unbeaten run now for 10 years, off the back of a 5-0 loss and bottom of the League. It's Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:32 - Feb 7 with 3346 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:27 - Feb 7 by vetchonian

It was all the managers fault then........I thought it was Siggy and Llorentes?
Still early days but it does look like Carlos is getting the team to play more like we did....perhaps a mix of Sousa and Rodgers....but when moving forwards we do appear to do so with some purpose.

I was told in the Summer Clement didn't like wingers so I took that as he wasn't too fussed on width and likened more a narrow game.

By then, I was all in when it came to One Trick Pony and Wardrobe, but it was like I got hit in the mush by a brick.

It's never all one person's fault but the right manager makes a football club.

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:33 - Feb 7 with 3331 viewsjack2jack

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:28 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

Certainly,

This very same squad was labelled as the worst team we've had in our EPL history, a team full of Championship players incapable of stringing a few passes together, let alone fast, free flowing football...

I'm just curious as all of a sudden, some of the idiots are now even comparing it with the Michael Laudrup era?!

Funny ol' game, eh?

I think basically it all comes down to the players, if they don't get the manager, his tactics, philosophy, man management etc, they say fvck it I'm downing tools, is it that simple.Because the way I see it CC has come in with fresh ideas and transformed the same players who just didn't want to play for PC.
Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:34 - Feb 7 with 3332 viewsPozuelosSideys

Is it the FFFF as noted above? Excluding the game last night (Notts County were fcking terrible and we had a good night where everything flew in!) the way we are playing is effective, but its not FFFF.

It goes to show how utterly clueless the likes of Clement have been. We are certainly moving in the right direction though. Tbh, im suprised how good Ayew looks up front.

Very interested to see how we play in the next few games at home against teams who will sit deep and we have to take the game to them. Often been problematic and there will be zero space to exploit in behind or in the middle. Bit of a hinderance that we dont really have a typical target man for these games

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:35 - Feb 7 with 3322 viewsDr_Winston

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:29 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

Very true, Doc, and it never went un-noticed you understood this squad were capable of better and we didn't have to rely on an eternity of Fat Sam-ball!!

I'm pissed off with Clement.

I quite liked the guy. There's no doubt that he knew full well what he was doing last season, and adding the kind of structure he needed to Bradley's mess allied to the set piece axis of Llorente/Sigurdsson was enough to keep us up. I expected him to be smarter than Clotet and Monk though.

It's not enough to just theory your way through football. Team shape has a part to play, but it can't be the only thing you care about. There has to be ambition and inspiration too. Thus far it would seem that Carvalhal gets that. PC didn't, to his downfall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:36 - Feb 7 with 3311 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:33 - Feb 7 by jack2jack

I think basically it all comes down to the players, if they don't get the manager, his tactics, philosophy, man management etc, they say fvck it I'm downing tools, is it that simple.Because the way I see it CC has come in with fresh ideas and transformed the same players who just didn't want to play for PC.

Exactly right. By the end of his tenure I absolutely despised Clement and what he did to us.

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:38 - Feb 7 with 3291 viewsicecoldjack

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:32 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

I was told in the Summer Clement didn't like wingers so I took that as he wasn't too fussed on width and likened more a narrow game.

By then, I was all in when it came to One Trick Pony and Wardrobe, but it was like I got hit in the mush by a brick.

It's never all one person's fault but the right manager makes a football club.

Probably why Jenkins has been tracking Carlos for 10 yrs and finally managed to get his man when he was unemployed .

I thought you said Clement was going to play proper football once the one trick pony and llorente were sold ?

Imagine we did sell them in that January like you wanted, we'd be having this conversation in the championship now !!
Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:40 - Feb 7 with 3259 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:34 - Feb 7 by PozuelosSideys

Is it the FFFF as noted above? Excluding the game last night (Notts County were fcking terrible and we had a good night where everything flew in!) the way we are playing is effective, but its not FFFF.

It goes to show how utterly clueless the likes of Clement have been. We are certainly moving in the right direction though. Tbh, im suprised how good Ayew looks up front.

Very interested to see how we play in the next few games at home against teams who will sit deep and we have to take the game to them. Often been problematic and there will be zero space to exploit in behind or in the middle. Bit of a hinderance that we dont really have a typical target man for these games

Last night was a dream but it's very much in context. None of us will expect the same Saturday or even for the rest of the season.

But the squad now are training differently, thinking differently, reacting differently and with a different mindset.

All of a sudden they are playing with confidence and the goals are going in - who'd have thought it if we attacked a bit and threw the odd man forward we'd get more goals - genius stuff.

Arsenal was a lot more enjoyable than last night, well, a bit more at least. We weren't lucky, we defended well but we attacked better, and when we did, it was FAST, it FLOWED FREELY and it was FOOTBALL.

FFFF

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:43 - Feb 7 with 3220 viewsjack2jack

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:36 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

Exactly right. By the end of his tenure I absolutely despised Clement and what he did to us.

Despise, is perhaps a bit strong, I had high hopes for him when he came to us.
But in the end he was very one dimensional, the players knew it, we all knew it.
I really don't want to praise CC too much as we all know it can change very quickly, but in the here and now I think we all would agree, this man knows his onions,sorry for all the clichés btw.
Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:44 - Feb 7 with 3216 viewsswanforthemoney

The pLayers are much more relaxed and confident. The way they hit the corners of the goals rather than snatching at shots yesterday was fantastic. Ok it was against League Two but don’t forget what we’ve looked like against lower league opposition over the past few years. Eg against Oxford.
We are looking like a footballing team again.
Bravo Carlos

I stand in the North Stand

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:45 - Feb 7 with 3200 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:35 - Feb 7 by Dr_Winston

I'm pissed off with Clement.

I quite liked the guy. There's no doubt that he knew full well what he was doing last season, and adding the kind of structure he needed to Bradley's mess allied to the set piece axis of Llorente/Sigurdsson was enough to keep us up. I expected him to be smarter than Clotet and Monk though.

It's not enough to just theory your way through football. Team shape has a part to play, but it can't be the only thing you care about. There has to be ambition and inspiration too. Thus far it would seem that Carvalhal gets that. PC didn't, to his downfall.

Spot on.

Him, Monk and a lot of the modern Cornflake packed managers don't get the creativity side of the game. It wasn't something that came natural to their game and they choose the pragmatic 89% rule theory.

89% of the time if you score first you don't lose.

Not conceding is everything to these robotic chumps.

Monk, Clement - Dole queue.

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:45 - Feb 7 with 3192 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:40 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

Last night was a dream but it's very much in context. None of us will expect the same Saturday or even for the rest of the season.

But the squad now are training differently, thinking differently, reacting differently and with a different mindset.

All of a sudden they are playing with confidence and the goals are going in - who'd have thought it if we attacked a bit and threw the odd man forward we'd get more goals - genius stuff.

Arsenal was a lot more enjoyable than last night, well, a bit more at least. We weren't lucky, we defended well but we attacked better, and when we did, it was FAST, it FLOWED FREELY and it was FOOTBALL.

FFFF

Wouldnt disagree with any of that tbh. Notts County got what they deserved though. No pressure, sat deep. Gave us loads of space and looked half-arsed. Credit to our players and the coaches for taking advantage and going for the throat for the full 90. We wont get anywhere near that in the PL. In fact, we wont get 50% of that space and time.

I know what you mean about the flows though. Its the speed the ball is moved, the players' movement and the incisiveness. Thats definitely improving across the board like you say. Work in progress mind.Lets see if we can boss the likes of Burnley first.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:52 - Feb 7 with 3134 viewsDr_Winston

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:45 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

Spot on.

Him, Monk and a lot of the modern Cornflake packed managers don't get the creativity side of the game. It wasn't something that came natural to their game and they choose the pragmatic 89% rule theory.

89% of the time if you score first you don't lose.

Not conceding is everything to these robotic chumps.

Monk, Clement - Dole queue.

You disagreed with me when I stated that Llorente's return from injury was the single biggest factor in our survival last season but nothing I've seen this time around tells me I was wrong. If anything it confirms it. The run of results we had when he was out injured is the ultimate smoking gun.

As well as Leon played in those last few games if Siggy had had nothing to aim for we'd have been f*cked. That's the problem with Clementball. No inspiration to create from open play and reliance on set pieces.

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:56 - Feb 7 with 3101 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:38 - Feb 7 by icecoldjack

Probably why Jenkins has been tracking Carlos for 10 yrs and finally managed to get his man when he was unemployed .

I thought you said Clement was going to play proper football once the one trick pony and llorente were sold ?

Imagine we did sell them in that January like you wanted, we'd be having this conversation in the championship now !!

This is a football thread, Anthony Lewis. Its not for you pal.

http://www.londonowls.co.uk/chansiri-on-swansea-link-with-carlos/3

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/wednesday-boss-carvalhal-denies-swansea-job-links

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked"

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/267824-carlos-carvalhal-i-wasnt-sacked-w

Leave it there you muppet - I'll RUIN YOU!!!!

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 22:08 - Feb 7 with 3019 viewsTheResurrection

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:52 - Feb 7 by Dr_Winston

You disagreed with me when I stated that Llorente's return from injury was the single biggest factor in our survival last season but nothing I've seen this time around tells me I was wrong. If anything it confirms it. The run of results we had when he was out injured is the ultimate smoking gun.

As well as Leon played in those last few games if Siggy had had nothing to aim for we'd have been f*cked. That's the problem with Clementball. No inspiration to create from open play and reliance on set pieces.

He played up in Hull and Bournemouth and we were shocking. I could never be that pathetic not to credit him with any factor, his goals were gold dust for us. He was also quite streaky and a bit like Tammy, if he wasn't scoring, he wasn't doing anything.

I quite liked the bloke but back to goal, he was abysmal and the proverbial milk turned quicker.

We did well selling him for what we did. This Summer could have been so much different (better)

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 22:12 - Feb 7 with 2989 viewsDr_Winston

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 22:08 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

He played up in Hull and Bournemouth and we were shocking. I could never be that pathetic not to credit him with any factor, his goals were gold dust for us. He was also quite streaky and a bit like Tammy, if he wasn't scoring, he wasn't doing anything.

I quite liked the bloke but back to goal, he was abysmal and the proverbial milk turned quicker.

We did well selling him for what we did. This Summer could have been so much different (better)

He got injured at Hull and clearly wasn't fit against Bournemouth, as evidenced by his absence for a month straight after.

No doubt he wasn't a back to goal striker, but then the question then should be why we were expecting him to be when he so patently wasn't. That comes back to the boss. So much hinges on management grasping basic truths about the players at their disposal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 22:14 - Feb 7 with 2966 viewsSTID2017

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 21:40 - Feb 7 by TheResurrection

FFFF

Disappointed me now.
I was looking forward to another 8-1 victory on Saturday.
Truth be told a 1 - 0 hard fought win will be very welcome

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fast, Free Flowing Football (FFFF) on 22:20 - Feb 7 with 2934 viewsjack2jack

In terms of getting up to speed with this new mind set, last night was real tonic for the whole squad.What i was quite impressed with was the crisp passing, a lot quicker, all round much better. My only fear is over confidence, we just need to calm down and get the basics done, because Saturday will be a whole different kettle of fish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024