Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." 22:34 - Feb 7 with 5308 viewsTheResurrection

Take your time with this one....

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/267824-carlos-carvalhal-i-wasnt-sacked-w

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 22:58 - Feb 7 with 4201 views34dfgdf54

(Carlos moved to Premiership side Swansea just four days later - a team he went on to say he'd always dreamt of managing since he was a young boy in Portugal)

They mean Premier League right?

Don’t get all the hate going on from them over Carlos, he did well on the whole there.
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 22:59 - Feb 7 with 4195 viewsbuilthjack

He seems a nice fella

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 02:38 - Feb 8 with 3972 viewsLoyal

Carlos - ' We mutually agreed I would leave' ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 05:24 - Feb 8 with 3922 viewsicecoldjack

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 02:38 - Feb 8 by Loyal

Carlos wasn't sacked but he"mutually agreed to leave"

It maybe that that the chairman wanted him gone and there was interest from Swansea so it was benificial for both parties for Carlos to leave , that is possible, but he'll be the first chairman not to want money .

We could also apply the same logic to the sacking of Garry Monk at Boro, many there think he was sacked because he was talking to Swansea .

Truth is we just don't know any real detail and there is no evidence to suggest Carlos was sounded out for the Swans job before being sacked,er, i mean leaving by mutual consent, which normally means they've been sacked with a pay off and will go quietly .

Many Sheff Wed fans think he should have been sacked weeks before, Huw thought the same about Clement apparently, if it was the conspiracy that the Res alludes to why didn't we get him in sooner ?

Anyway, i'm glad he's here, he's done great, in fact quite a few Sheff Wed fans think he will do fine at the start then tail off, hope they arn't as accurate as the Derby fans .
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 05:47 - Feb 8 with 3907 viewsicecoldjack

This is what mutual consent means with a nice explination that sums up Carlos position at Sheff Wed, basically it's a nice way of saying you're sacked !

"The big football phrase of the day is to leave the club by mutual consent thanks to the story that Roy Hodgson has left his job as manager of Liverpool football club. Sometimes managers are fired or sacked due to poor performances; other times they resign because of pressure or they want to go somewhere else but this expression suggests that both sides, Hodgson and the owners, have agreed on this decision. Indeed, on the club’s website the Liverpool owners were quoted as saying that “both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down.” However, with Hodgson under intense pressure over the team’s low league position and media speculation suggesting his position was untenable, this phrase may simply be a nicer way of explaining that he was actually sacked. He is not the first manager to leave Liverpool under such circumstances, with former boss Rafael Benitez also leaving by mutual consent."
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." (n/t) on 07:41 - Feb 8 with 3670 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:21 - Feb 8 with 3562 viewsPrivate_Partz

We could probably draw comparisons with Kenny Jackett.
Probably a pay off but not as much as full compo.
It seems their recruitment team might not have supported him. I hope he has found the right club thus time. .......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:36 - Feb 8 with 3498 viewswestside

You're getting mutally agreed in the morning
Login to get fewer ads

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:36 - Feb 8 with 3498 viewsTheResurrection

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 05:24 - Feb 8 by icecoldjack

Carlos wasn't sacked but he"mutually agreed to leave"

It maybe that that the chairman wanted him gone and there was interest from Swansea so it was benificial for both parties for Carlos to leave , that is possible, but he'll be the first chairman not to want money .

We could also apply the same logic to the sacking of Garry Monk at Boro, many there think he was sacked because he was talking to Swansea .

Truth is we just don't know any real detail and there is no evidence to suggest Carlos was sounded out for the Swans job before being sacked,er, i mean leaving by mutual consent, which normally means they've been sacked with a pay off and will go quietly .

Many Sheff Wed fans think he should have been sacked weeks before, Huw thought the same about Clement apparently, if it was the conspiracy that the Res alludes to why didn't we get him in sooner ?

Anyway, i'm glad he's here, he's done great, in fact quite a few Sheff Wed fans think he will do fine at the start then tail off, hope they arn't as accurate as the Derby fans .

Haha haha

Once again, a whole lot of words saying absolutely nothing.

You don't know you mean, "you" haven't got a bloody clue mate.

He WASN'T sacked.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:46 - Feb 8 with 3443 viewsswanforthemoney

I’m not bothered about whether he was sacked or left by mutual consent. It’s slighly worrying that there are question marks over his training and fitness regime and there’s a tendency for CC players to get injured. Surely only a coincidence that Fer and Wilf picked up season ending injuries, but it plants a seed of niggling doubt.
Player fitness shouldn’t be an issue for the remainder of this season, but if CC carries on next season, it’s one for the hierarchy to keep an eye on.

I stand in the North Stand

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:48 - Feb 8 with 3441 viewsTheResurrection

Another link for those asking

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1459660

Jenkins has been after him for years. No masterplan but not the got lucky some of the idiots are trying to pass it off like.

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 12:28 - Feb 8 with 3109 viewsTom1912

Think it's pretty clear we tapped him up and Sheff Wed were happy to let him go (and save on compo) as things weren't working out there.

I blame Jenkins for a lot of things wrong with our club at the moment, but credit where it's due, this has so far been an excellent appointment.
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 12:42 - Feb 8 with 3068 viewsJackSomething

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 12:28 - Feb 8 by Tom1912

Think it's pretty clear we tapped him up and Sheff Wed were happy to let him go (and save on compo) as things weren't working out there.

I blame Jenkins for a lot of things wrong with our club at the moment, but credit where it's due, this has so far been an excellent appointment.

Seems pretty similar to what happened with us, Sousa and Leicester.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 13:45 - Feb 8 with 2941 viewsMattG

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:48 - Feb 8 by TheResurrection

Jenkins has been after him for years. No masterplan but not the got lucky some of the idiots are trying to pass it off like.

Just checked his Wikipedia page and he was unemployed from 2012 to 2015 so we could have had him instead of Monk. Would love to have seen what he could have done with that team.

Ah well, better late than never.
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 15:02 - Feb 8 with 2814 viewsunion_jack

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:36 - Feb 8 by TheResurrection

Haha haha

Once again, a whole lot of words saying absolutely nothing.

You don't know you mean, "you" haven't got a bloody clue mate.

He WASN'T sacked.

Let's compromise Chris.

He was sacked by mutual consent.

How about that😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 15:16 - Feb 8 with 2775 viewsBLAZE

Assuming he was told by Jenkins that we wanted him, but we wouldn't pay any compensation for him, then it's a poor show engineering an exit out of SW by 'mutual consent' to facilitate it for himself. A contract should be a two way street. Rodgers rightly received a lot of respect for how he handled his move to Liverpool

That's all assuming the SW fans are correct in their assumption, though in fairness you can see why it looks that way. They also seem glad to be rid of him, though how much of that is bitterness I don't know. Again, I can perfectly understand the bitterness given the start he's made here. I'm sure it'd be exactly the same if the roles were reversed
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 15:18 - Feb 8 with 2767 viewsTheResurrection

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 15:02 - Feb 8 by union_jack

Let's compromise Chris.

He was sacked by mutual consent.

How about that😄

If you like.

Jenkins finally got his man though, and yeah, a little bit of luck and good timing, but he's given us a chance when there looked to be none.

Time to really focus everything on uniting behind Carlos and the team and to leave everything else to serious discussion come May.

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 16:42 - Feb 8 with 2636 viewsHugeEnkins

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:36 - Feb 8 by westside

You're getting mutally agreed in the morning

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 16:47 - Feb 8 with 2623 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 13:45 - Feb 8 by MattG

Just checked his Wikipedia page and he was unemployed from 2012 to 2015 so we could have had him instead of Monk. Would love to have seen what he could have done with that team.

Huw must have missed that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 16:52 - Feb 8 with 2599 viewsTheResurrection

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 15:16 - Feb 8 by BLAZE

Assuming he was told by Jenkins that we wanted him, but we wouldn't pay any compensation for him, then it's a poor show engineering an exit out of SW by 'mutual consent' to facilitate it for himself. A contract should be a two way street. Rodgers rightly received a lot of respect for how he handled his move to Liverpool

That's all assuming the SW fans are correct in their assumption, though in fairness you can see why it looks that way. They also seem glad to be rid of him, though how much of that is bitterness I don't know. Again, I can perfectly understand the bitterness given the start he's made here. I'm sure it'd be exactly the same if the roles were reversed

All depends what went on there in his 3rd season. It was an interesting read, their forum. and you had to pick out some of the more balanced posts to get some perspective.

A lot are bitter, more so now than they were when he first came, I get the impression. Although, he certainly wasn't liked by all towards the end.

Such is the life of a football manager though, we're all to aware of that.

It's got to be the old enjoy things when the going is good because football doesn't allow you excess in this area.

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 2569 viewsOldjack

They've had the two best seasons in twenty years under him and this half season was blighted by injuries and yet some still moan about him ,fuk they're worse than us for moaning ,their loss our gain FUK EM !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 17:21 - Feb 8 with 2555 viewsairedale

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 13:45 - Feb 8 by MattG

And let’s hope that he wasn’t unemployed due to health reasons.
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 17:24 - Feb 8 with 2543 viewsperchrockjack

IT does matter of he was sacked or not.

I wasn't on the BoRd at Wednesday nor am I on ours.

The only people that know for sure are Jenkins and Carlos

Thrill, now IS the time to quit cockwaving

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 21:00 - Feb 8 with 2244 viewsAmbergambler

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 17:24 - Feb 8 by perchrockjack

IT does matter of he was sacked or not.

I wasn't on the BoRd at Wednesday nor am I on ours.

The only people that know for sure are Jenkins and Carlos

Thrill, now IS the time to quit cockwaving

What???
Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 21:32 - Feb 8 with 2169 viewsLeonWasGod

Carlos - "I wasn't sacked...." on 08:48 - Feb 8 by TheResurrection

Sounds like he was on a list somewhere, but HJ couldn't have tried that hard. He missed about 3 opportunities to appoint him since that thread was written. Still, 4th time lucky and all that.

Interesting how his time went at Hillsborough. He seems to struggle to sustain anything wherever he's been, but no complaints so far. Shows how low Clement had fallen (not as if we needed reminding).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024