Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booking fees 08:24 - Feb 9 with 2608 viewsbluenile

I thought this had been dealt with after the previous furore? How can they charge £2.50 per ticket if you use your own fuel to drive to the bluddy ground to collect them???. . . . . . . . . Totally loopy!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Booking fees on 08:28 - Feb 9 with 2594 viewsPegojack

I think it's the mealy mouthed description of 'booking fee' that's p1ssing everyone off. How can it be described as a booking fee when there is no way of avoiding it whatever you do?

If a ticket is £15 plus 'booking fee' of £2.50, just say the ticket price is £17.50 (or £16.25 if purchased online) and have done with it.
Booking fees on 08:34 - Feb 9 with 2581 viewsTheResurrection

Similarly just get on with it. If the overall price is £17.50, just get on with it FFS.

I've never quite got the people that used to knock Ryanair for something similar. You get a flight for 30 or 40 quid all in and you'd get people moaning that a part of that was for choosing a seat or throwing in a piece of luggage

Fack me, is there seriously anything else left for people to moan about???

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Booking fees on 08:49 - Feb 9 with 2570 viewsbuilthjack

Most do it. Concerts especially.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Booking fees on 09:02 - Feb 9 with 2552 viewsSTID2017

Booking fees on 08:34 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

Similarly just get on with it. If the overall price is £17.50, just get on with it FFS.

I've never quite got the people that used to knock Ryanair for something similar. You get a flight for 30 or 40 quid all in and you'd get people moaning that a part of that was for choosing a seat or throwing in a piece of luggage

Agree with what you say, but does annoy me when they say things that are of no benefit to us at all are "for your convenience"
In this day and age I get why they charge for physically issuing a ticket, searching for the seat for you, generally wasting 5-10 minutes per customer.
Cannot be justified when you do all the work yourself, use your own electric, pc, printer and ink and they still charge £1.50 on top of ticket price (I know Ticketmaster etc have always done it, but they have always been a rip off)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Booking fees on 09:04 - Feb 9 with 2543 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Buy it online the fee is only £1.25 instead of the £3 it use to cost. How can people make such fuss over a price cut. Why would any one choose to drive to the ticket office in the first place.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Booking fees on 09:05 - Feb 9 with 2542 viewsJack_Meoff

Booking fees on 08:49 - Feb 9 by builthjack

Most do it. Concerts especially.

Yep. These parasitic third party interlopers are everywhere, wanting a cut from other peoples' means of production whilst providing no service whatsoever themselves. It's f*cking hideous, and shouldn't be legal.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Booking fees on 09:27 - Feb 9 with 2488 viewsDewi1jack

Booking fees on 09:05 - Feb 9 by Jack_Meoff

Yep. These parasitic third party interlopers are everywhere, wanting a cut from other peoples' means of production whilst providing no service whatsoever themselves. It's f*cking hideous, and shouldn't be legal.

I can genuinely see the requirement for large venues (NIA, Wembley etc) who hold numerous gigs a year to use someone like ticketmaster to sell all their tickets.
Someone like our club that is only selling about 2000 tickets could surely do the job themselves, with the right computer programs.
I do agree with Hereford here.
Just publish 1 complete price (say £17.50 per ticket or £16.50 print at home ticket not £15 plus £2.50) and cut out the whining

And the need for someone to drive to the stadium ticket office may be to request a certain seat or ave no internet/ lost bank card etc
Still £17.50 a ticket.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Booking fees on 09:44 - Feb 9 with 2450 viewsJack_Meoff

Booking fees on 09:27 - Feb 9 by Dewi1jack

I can genuinely see the requirement for large venues (NIA, Wembley etc) who hold numerous gigs a year to use someone like ticketmaster to sell all their tickets.
Someone like our club that is only selling about 2000 tickets could surely do the job themselves, with the right computer programs.
I do agree with Hereford here.
Just publish 1 complete price (say £17.50 per ticket or £16.50 print at home ticket not £15 plus £2.50) and cut out the whining

And the need for someone to drive to the stadium ticket office may be to request a certain seat or ave no internet/ lost bank card etc
Still £17.50 a ticket.

What happens then though is you get situations like my wife attempting to purchase tickets for Pearl Jam last November (or thereabouts). She tried repeatedly as soon as they went on sale with no luck; they'd sold out within minutes. An hour later tickets are available on the ticketmaster site for twice face value. I just think this whole area needs better regulating, it just seems a license to print money at the minute. There's a difference between covering admin costs and profiteering.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 9:46]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Booking fees on 10:35 - Feb 9 with 2357 viewspikeypaul

Booking fees on 08:34 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

It’s because of Brexit.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Booking fees on 10:41 - Feb 9 with 2340 viewswestside

Booking fees on 09:04 - Feb 9 by felixstowe_jack

Buy it online the fee is only £1.25 instead of the £3 it use to cost. How can people make such fuss over a price cut. Why would any one choose to drive to the ticket office in the first place.

Buying tickets from the ticket office in person meant you wouldn't have to pay a booking fee so it saved people money
Booking fees on 10:57 - Feb 9 with 2312 viewscmajack

Always bought my season ticket from the ticket office and always paid in cash. No problem. Now this year even though the season ticket price has stayed the same for a few years suddenly i am hit with a £3 booking fee. That's what is getting people annoyed. Even though nothing in the transaction has changed there's a additional fee to pay for no valid reason.
Booking fees on 11:07 - Feb 9 with 2289 viewsairedale

If you don’t buy the scammers will disappear back into the woodwork.

It’s awful that people exploit others’ loyalty.
Booking fees on 15:26 - Feb 9 with 2108 viewsswanforthemoney

Booking fees on 10:35 - Feb 9 by pikeypaul

It’s because of Brexit.

Stupid comment. Trumps fault obvs

I stand in the North Stand

Booking fees on 15:47 - Feb 9 with 2089 viewsBigPhilG

Just another way of ripping fans off to put money in Pinocchio and the yanks pockets
Booking fees on 16:10 - Feb 9 with 2066 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Booking fees on 10:35 - Feb 9 by pikeypaul

It’s because of Brexit.

No it is the EU fault they banned adding a fee when tickets were purchased using a credit card. As a result a small fee is now charged on all tickets to recover the costs.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Booking fees on 16:21 - Feb 9 with 2044 viewsbluenile

Booking fees on 09:04 - Feb 9 by felixstowe_jack

The £3 it used to cost????? ............that was per transaction you numpty!! This is PER TICKET!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Booking fees on 19:22 - Feb 9 with 1896 viewsJack123

What exactly is this booking fee all about? I notice the Radio 1 music gig that's coming to Swansea, it's 18 quid a ticket, and £4.50 booking fee..Is it a case of more demand, the more the booking fee?

libera nos a malo

Booking fees on 19:57 - Feb 9 with 1847 viewsDarran

I bought tickets to see Justin Trousersnake earlier and it was £15.20 admin fee per ticket.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Booking fees on 19:59 - Feb 9 with 1844 viewsJack_Kass

As our stateside posters will know, in the States the tax is added to the price once you get to the till/register.

This is essentially the same principle.

I don't know if this because our owners are American.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024