Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Carlos remain after this summer? 11:42 - Feb 9 with 6428 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Assuming we stay up, would you hand Carlos a longer term contract?

Based on what happened to Monk/Guidolin/Clement (survival followed by a poor season), do you see Carlos taking us to the "next level" or should the owner pursue the Martinez/Rodgers route?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:17 - Feb 9 with 1479 viewsDr_Winston

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:30 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Dress it up any way you like Doc. The dividing line between Clements''s success and failure was the poor and late transfer window. Clement had to go. He had run out of ideas, lost confidence and this had spread to the players. We can thank Jenkins for that.
We would not be in this league if it was not for Clement and history will show that. Plus his best players were sold from under him whilst the club was looking to create a profit on transfer dealings.

He ran out of ideas and lost confidence. That's basically the only relevant piece of information.

The transfer window excuse only works if the quality of player is so bad that quality performances are impossible no matter who the manager is. Carvalhal has proven beyond a doubt that this is not the case.

Clement has nobody to blame but himself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:19 - Feb 9 with 1477 viewsthornabyswan

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:40 - Feb 9 by ItchySphincter

No guarantees he'd want to stay if he keeps us up. His stock will be high and some people are taking a lot for granted.

Do I think he should be our manager? Yes, I have done for a considerable time.

Personally I think we should have given him an 18 month contract when he took the job.
Stay up or go down we need some stability.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:27 - Feb 9 with 1466 viewsSwansea93

Wasn't there talk Martinez will join us after the world cup if we stay up?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:42 - Feb 9 with 1450 viewsthornabyswan

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:27 - Feb 9 by Swansea93

Wasn't there talk Martinez will join us after the world cup if we stay up?

Relegated Wigan with a lower win record than Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce twice.
Also failed and sacked at Everton.
Why do we want him.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:44 - Feb 9 with 1448 viewsSwansea93

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:42 - Feb 9 by thornabyswan

Why do we want him.

Because he's Jenkins butty and started the 'Swansea Way' and won the League 1 title.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:12 - Feb 9 with 1425 viewsTheResurrection

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:03 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

If he keeps us up he'll have earned the right to start the next season, just as Clement and Guidolin did before him.

Which is an excellent point as too often those 2 manager appointments have been criticised, and unfairly too.

Truth of the matter is there is no special formula for success, be it long or short term. Sometimes you've just got to roll with the punches and not just criticise decisions to award them another contract for their excellent work so far.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:15 - Feb 9 with 1423 viewsTheResurrection

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:23 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Clement lost it as a result of a poor and late window. A decent inexperienced coach was wrecked in the end.
Guidolin did not have a clue? Are you serious? The club was almost done for when he arrived. He saved us and, despite another poor and late window, had the experience to start turning things around before being disgracefully sacked for Blobby.
If Carlos keeps us up he should be given at least a two year contract. He also needs to be supported in the transfer market with timely and decent signings. An unlikely scenario with Jenkins still here.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 12:25]

Sorry but that's nonsense.

Clement was sacked because he wasn't up to it. No more, no less. It's his fault we are where we are.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 1406 viewsTheResurrection

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:41 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

I agree with most of that. It is too early. It is a question of balance though. If we stay up with style then there is a danger of him being pinched off us.
I was amazed with some posters who felt Carlos should go in case history repeats itself like it did with Frankie and Clem!!
If Carlos keeps us up and is supported adequately in the next window then the future could be rosey. The last thing we would need is yet another managerial search. Especially when you consider who will be doing the searching.

Bloody hell mate, what's the opposite of being on fire?? You're drowning here!!!

You want to keep Carlos, you sound like you love him, but you're concerned about who sought after him and brought him in???

Login to get fewer ads

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:25 - Feb 9 with 1396 viewsmax936

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:15 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

Sorry but that's nonsense.

Clement was sacked because he wasn't up to it. No more, no less. It's his fault we are where we are.

I think Clement ran out of ideas that was plain to see you could visibly see that he was under pressure when the camera's were on him walking out in the tunnel he was exhaling and sighing, Carlo is obviously the better man for the job due to his experience and his obvious charisma, but the Transfer window didn't help Clements as an inexperienced Manager he needed options in the squad but he didn't have much to go with, that is Jenkins and the boards fault Chris, it cannot be dressed up any other way.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:33 - Feb 9 with 1385 viewsmax936

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:42 - Feb 9 by thornabyswan

Why do we want him.

Exactly, after what he did to us why would we won't him back anyway, the clamour with us wanting ex players and managers back is a mystery to me even in Brendan's case, except Brendan as more than proved himself, so its a yes from me on him coming back, plus he made sure we got a good slice of the deal when he did move on.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:49 - Feb 9 with 1365 viewsMo_Wives

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:22 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

Bloody hell mate, what's the opposite of being on fire?? You're drowning here!!!

You want to keep Carlos, you sound like you love him, but you're concerned about who sought after him and brought him in???

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:51 - Feb 9 with 1363 viewsTheResurrection

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:25 - Feb 9 by max936

I think Clement ran out of ideas that was plain to see you could visibly see that he was under pressure when the camera's were on him walking out in the tunnel he was exhaling and sighing, Carlo is obviously the better man for the job due to his experience and his obvious charisma, but the Transfer window didn't help Clements as an inexperienced Manager he needed options in the squad but he didn't have much to go with, that is Jenkins and the boards fault Chris, it cannot be dressed up any other way.

Oh yes it can, and quite unequivocally so.

As I've said, Clement bet everything on Tammy and Bony. He made us think we weren't a team worthy of anything without these two, but probably more Bony.

Now, it's exactly the same team and no one is even thinking of those two players. Yes, great, we knew they were on the bench the last few games and great options but we weren't waiting eagerly for the team sheets in sheer desperation to see them play.

He ruined Mesa whilst here, he made Clucas afraid of his own shadow and he couldn't get a tune out of 532, 451, 433, 442, nothing. He couldn't find us a shot on target let alone a bloody goal but now so much is different and it's with the exact same players. There is no excuse for him, you're just making them to suit other agendas.

You don't go out and buy positivity from the transfer windows. You don't go out and buy an attacking intent, I mean how are we going to score goals with one man in the box at any time? There's more ways to score goals and win games than just set bloody pieces, Clement couldn't get any of this right, it didn't even look like he was on any sort of track.

There is no excuse mate.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:58 - Feb 9 with 1354 viewsAmbergambler

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:33 - Feb 9 by max936

Exactly, after what he did to us why would we won't him back anyway, the clamour with us wanting ex players and managers back is a mystery to me even in Brendan's case, except Brendan as more than proved himself, so its a yes from me on him coming back, plus he made sure we got a good slice of the deal when he did move on.

How has Brendan more than proved himself? Since leaving us he was sacked at Liverpool and the SPL is a one horse race.

If we go down those 2 managers won't want to come here anyway.

Carlos has completely turned things round for us in this short time and even if he doesn't succeed in the great escape he's already done enough to deserve the job.

If we stay up why would we ditch him for anyone else?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 16:00]
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 16:12 - Feb 9 with 1337 viewsbluenile

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:17 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

He ran out of ideas and lost confidence. That's basically the only relevant piece of information.

The transfer window excuse only works if the quality of player is so bad that quality performances are impossible no matter who the manager is. Carvalhal has proven beyond a doubt that this is not the case.

Well said, and totally correct!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 16:16 - Feb 9 with 1333 viewsbluenile

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:51 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

As I've said, Clement bet everything on Tammy and Bony. He made us think we weren't a team worthy of anything without these two, but probably more Bony.

Now, it's exactly the same team and no one is even thinking of those two players. Yes, great, we knew they were on the bench the last few games and great options but we weren't waiting eagerly for the team sheets in sheer desperation to see them play.

He ruined Mesa whilst here, he made Clucas afraid of his own shadow and he couldn't get a tune out of 532, 451, 433, 442, nothing. He couldn't find us a shot on target let alone a bloody goal but now so much is different and it's with the exact same players. There is no excuse for him, you're just making them to suit other agendas.

You don't go out and buy positivity from the transfer windows. You don't go out and buy an attacking intent, I mean how are we going to score goals with one man in the box at any time? There's more ways to score goals and win games than just set bloody pieces, Clement couldn't get any of this right, it didn't even look like he was on any sort of track.

There is no excuse mate.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 16:43 - Feb 9 with 1309 viewsmax936

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:51 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

There is no excuse mate.

Fair enough comments, but he did so well last season to keep us in the Premiership its baffling how we fared so poorly under him this season, we sored goals with him last season as well so its difficult to see how it all went so wrong.
It seems that he relied on Siggy and Llorente last season and like you say it seems like he tried to rely on Tammy and Bony this season and when that didn't work he was stumped.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 16:50 - Feb 9 with 1300 viewsmax936

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:58 - Feb 9 by Ambergambler

How has Brendan more than proved himself? Since leaving us he was sacked at Liverpool and the SPL is a one horse race.

If we go down those 2 managers won't want to come here anyway.

Carlos has completely turned things round for us in this short time and even if he doesn't succeed in the great escape he's already done enough to deserve the job.

If we stay up why would we ditch him for anyone else?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 16:00]

I wouldn't ditch Carlo either far from it he's been a breath of fresh air and it shows in the players body language and their improved confidence..

On Brendan he done well at LFC in nearly winning the Prem, just how it went so wrong I don't know, he's done and doing very well at Celtic to which no matter what cannot be dismissed as its only a pub league, yes the demise of Rangers helped, but nobody can deny he's done well there no matter what is thought about the standard of the league

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 16:54 - Feb 9 with 1293 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:17 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Carlos is a far more experienced manager. Fresh ideas. PC was less experiencedand could not cope with the bum deal he was given. I agree he ran out of ideas.....and confidence hence it spread to the players.
It is still early days with Carlos as well. If Ayew and King do not live up to expectation then it could still turn into a bum season. We still have the old problems of lack of full back cover and injuries mean we are struggling a tad in midfield. At the moment though it looks like CC has the experience to cope. Thank Eff ;-)
I think PC was over cautious at times but we also got tw@tted when he went four at the back in the end. I would certainly not call him a coward.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 17:01 - Feb 9 with 1279 viewspencoedjack

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 16:54 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Carlos is a far more experienced manager. Fresh ideas. PC was less experiencedand could not cope with the bum deal he was given. I agree he ran out of ideas.....and confidence hence it spread to the players.
It is still early days with Carlos as well. If Ayew and King do not live up to expectation then it could still turn into a bum season. We still have the old problems of lack of full back cover and injuries mean we are struggling a tad in midfield. At the moment though it looks like CC has the experience to cope. Thank Eff ;-)
I think PC was over cautious at times but we also got tw@tted when he went four at the back in the end. I would certainly not call him a coward.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I’d be amazed if any poster on here would of said not to keep Clement at this time last year. ( or the end of the season)

Us football fans are as fickle as they come a few bad results & the majority will be calling for Carlos’s head.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 17:04 - Feb 9 with 1274 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 15:22 - Feb 9 by TheResurrection

Yep the second part of your post just about sums it up. Thankfully Jenkins record on appointing managers is better than players. Unfortunately he is not so good at keeping the former either.
I am concerned that we will either ditch Carlos for the Waiter in the close season or he will receive cack support like ML, Guidolin and Clement.
Yes I know, You will say it is all the Yanks fault if it goes tits up. Who sought after them and brought them in?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 17:08 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 17:01 - Feb 9 by pencoedjack

I’d be amazed if any poster on here would of said not to keep Clement at this time last year. ( or the end of the season)

Us football fans are as fickle as they come a few bad results & the majority will be calling for Carlos’s head.

It always is this the way.
I did feel Clement had to go though as he was lost. His inexperience showed and he was unable to cope with what he was given. Not helped by the late timing of it all.
He went with my thanks for the previous season and I wish him well. He still might make it. I don't hold out such hopes for Monk.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 17:34 - Feb 9 with 1242 viewspencoedjack

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 17:08 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

It always is this the way.
I did feel Clement had to go though as he was lost. His inexperience showed and he was unable to cope with what he was given. Not helped by the late timing of it all.
He went with my thanks for the previous season and I wish him well. He still might make it. I don't hold out such hopes for Monk.

I concur Sir
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 20:06 - Feb 9 with 1166 viewsNirvana

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:17 - Feb 9 by swanjackal

And we lost much more through more recent appointments through Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement, often after renewing to new long term contracts after promising starts.

If he does not want to sign the contract offered at the end, if he does keep us up, then so be it.

I agree with Doc though, if he keeps us up, he has earned the extnsion, just don't want to risk a long term contract on a manager who does not seem to last very long in a post.

Spot on, Jackal.
N/A. on 00:33 - Feb 10 with 1081 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:00]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 01:13 - Feb 10 with 1062 viewsGlyn1

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:06 - Feb 9 by Oldjack

this ,he's already worked miracles with us,plus a good track record with Wednesday in the championship

Carvahal and Clement have almost identical records for these first games.

Wait until the end of the season before deciding anything.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024