Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: 12:27 - Feb 9 with 7639 viewsShaky

Messiah complex

A messiah complex (also known as the Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that they are destined to become a savior.[1] The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that he or she is responsible for saving or assisting others.

. . .the symptoms of the disorder closely resemble those found in individuals suffering from grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur. This form of delusional belief is most often reported in patients suffering from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

Discuss??

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:35 - Feb 9 with 4526 viewsMo_Wives

Do you have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:37 - Feb 9 with 4523 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:35 - Feb 9 by Mo_Wives

Do you have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia?

No, but I am the Messiah.

Misology -- It's a bitch

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:40 - Feb 9 with 4520 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:37 - Feb 9 by Shaky

No, but I am the Messiah.

No, you're not the Messiah, you're a very naughty boy

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:42 - Feb 9 with 4517 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:40 - Feb 9 by Mo_Wives

No, you're not the Messiah, you're a very naughty boy

True also.

Misology -- It's a bitch

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 4501 viewsLohengrin

" The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that he or she is responsible for saving or assisting others."

That's wrong? That's meant to be symptomatic of a disorder?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:58 - Feb 9 with 4486 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 12:53 - Feb 9 by Lohengrin

" The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that he or she is responsible for saving or assisting others."

That's wrong? That's meant to be symptomatic of a disorder?

There is a difference between wanting to help others and believing you are the chosen one.

Interesting point well worthy of clarificaiton, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:20 - Feb 9 with 4450 viewsMo_Wives

I think they should bulldoze the Dome of the rock, wailing wall and all that shite, and build a shopping centre called 'The Messiah Complex'. There, I've just sorted world peace...does this mean I have a Messiah complex?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:33 - Feb 9 with 4434 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:20 - Feb 9 by Mo_Wives

I think they should bulldoze the Dome of the rock, wailing wall and all that shite, and build a shopping centre called 'The Messiah Complex'. There, I've just sorted world peace...does this mean I have a Messiah complex?

Nope, it means you have just pre-qualified for a job with the Trump administration as Middle East Peace Envoy.

Congratulations. Just present yourself at the armed security post on Pennsylvania Avenue, Washinton DC, proclaimng your peace proposal in a loud voice while waving your arms wildly - for attention - and they will take it from there.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 4420 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:33 - Feb 9 by Shaky

Nope, it means you have just pre-qualified for a job with the Trump administration as Middle East Peace Envoy.

Congratulations. Just present yourself at the armed security post on Pennsylvania Avenue, Washinton DC, proclaimng your peace proposal in a loud voice while waving your arms wildly - for attention - and they will take it from there.

F*ck that. I just tell my CIA handlers to pass on my ideas to the big man.

*Cuts to masked men planting a dead hooker in Shaky's bed.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:53 - Feb 9 with 4415 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:48 - Feb 9 by Mo_Wives

F*ck that. I just tell my CIA handlers to pass on my ideas to the big man.

*Cuts to masked men planting a dead hooker in Shaky's bed.

As long as it's not a severed horses head!

Submit your application soon though. I hear there is an opening as Jarad Kushner is taking his O levels this summer. Or doing a 20-40y year stretch in Federal penitentiary, whichever comes sooner.

Misology -- It's a bitch

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:56 - Feb 9 with 4409 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 13:53 - Feb 9 by Shaky

As long as it's not a severed horses head!

Submit your application soon though. I hear there is an opening as Jarad Kushner is taking his O levels this summer. Or doing a 20-40y year stretch in Federal penitentiary, whichever comes sooner.

Say hello to him.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 18:41 - Feb 9 with 4320 viewsNogginthenog

One half of me says i am the messiah but the other half no, which voice in my head should i listen to.?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 20:19]
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 19:12 - Feb 9 with 4301 viewsbonymine

Sadly I seem to get the general feeling that mental health issues are being somewhat trivialised and mocked on here ?

Shameful.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:46 - Feb 9 with 4250 viewsbonymine

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 19:12 - Feb 9 by bonymine

Sadly I seem to get the general feeling that mental health issues are being somewhat trivialised and mocked on here ?

Shameful.

Disappointed that there’s been no other replies to this tonight ........?

Surely there is a greater voice out there who can speak about this ......

Also, just started watching Rhod Gilbert’s ‘Shyness’ programme on BBC1 as well incredible insight into this affliction which has totally devoured me throughout my life ...amazingly frank programme incredible how many people could be affected by this .....

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 4241 viewsLord_Bony

Well having a conversation with yourself is one of the first signs.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:55 - Feb 9 with 4235 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:51 - Feb 9 by Lord_Bony

I'd like to up arrow that, but genuine respect for the issue prevents me from doing so!

However, I will say that being morbidy circumspect about the subject helps nobody, in my view.

Misology -- It's a bitch

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:55 - Feb 9 with 4235 viewsbonymine

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:51 - Feb 9 by Lord_Bony

Can you expand on that ???

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 23:59 - Feb 9 with 4158 viewsBigPhilG

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:55 - Feb 9 by bonymine

Can you expand on that ???

I'm buggered then because I'm answering myself back these days
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 01:49 - Feb 10 with 4133 viewsLeonWasGod

Do symptoms also include using Christ-related usernames on football message boards?
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 05:10 - Feb 10 with 4111 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 19:12 - Feb 9 by bonymine

Shameful.

As a contributor to almost 50% of the posts in this thread, and as someone who likes you, I would like to say the following with all due respect.

I'm not really the type of person who likes to put my personal information online. In this instance I will though.

As someone who has been treated for a mental health issue, one already named in this thread (no Shaky, f*ck off, not Messiah complex ) I can honestly say I don't feel anyone was mocking or trivialising it. And, tbh, if they were, I really couldn't give a f*ck. Good on them. Laughter is the best medicine, as they say.
Now, if my doctor was laughing at my symptoms that would be different. Or if the people making the pills were saying "let's swap these for laxatives. That'll be a hoot.." once again, different. But people on Planet Swans being all serious and sombre about it is very unlikely to cure anyone. In fact, seeing the lighter side of life is actually one of the things that has helped me.

I know you are coming from a genuine place with your comment. But if my opinion, as a sufferer of said affliction, counts for anything. Then I'd like to say, I don't need your protection and I definitely don't want your pity. My problems are not caused by anyone making jokes on the internet...but, it would make me feel really f*cking depressed to think that people stopped making jokes and laughing due to my presence. In my well paid opinion, I think saying we can't joke about X or Y makes that thing seem more serious an affliction than if we confront it and even poke fun at it. This is just my opinion on the matter and you, or anyone else, are free to see it differently. But I am a big believer in the fact it is my responsibility to sort my shit out. I would never expect the world around me to bend to accommodate my idiosyncrasies.

Now, if any of you c*nts call me mad, I will track you down and I will hurt you. OK?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 05:17 - Feb 10 with 4109 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:55 - Feb 9 by Shaky

I'd like to up arrow that, but genuine respect for the issue prevents me from doing so!

However, I will say that being morbidy circumspect about the subject helps nobody, in my view.

Don't worry, Shakes, I did it for you. As you may have just read I have a licence to laugh at the subject due to my 'affliction'. It's like black people with the 'N-word'. In fact, I may be allowed to give you permission to also laugh. I'll look into it.

Your second line may be right or may be wrong. But it is exactly in line with my own thoughts on the matter...so it's probably right, tbh

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 07:44 - Feb 10 with 4060 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 05:17 - Feb 10 by Mo_Wives

Don't worry, Shakes, I did it for you. As you may have just read I have a licence to laugh at the subject due to my 'affliction'. It's like black people with the 'N-word'. In fact, I may be allowed to give you permission to also laugh. I'll look into it.

Your second line may be right or may be wrong. But it is exactly in line with my own thoughts on the matter...so it's probably right, tbh

Good for you, Mo.

Misology -- It's a bitch

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:02 - Feb 10 with 4017 viewsN0rthernLine

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 05:10 - Feb 10 by Mo_Wives

As a contributor to almost 50% of the posts in this thread, and as someone who likes you, I would like to say the following with all due respect.

I'm not really the type of person who likes to put my personal information online. In this instance I will though.

As someone who has been treated for a mental health issue, one already named in this thread (no Shaky, f*ck off, not Messiah complex ) I can honestly say I don't feel anyone was mocking or trivialising it. And, tbh, if they were, I really couldn't give a f*ck. Good on them. Laughter is the best medicine, as they say.
Now, if my doctor was laughing at my symptoms that would be different. Or if the people making the pills were saying "let's swap these for laxatives. That'll be a hoot.." once again, different. But people on Planet Swans being all serious and sombre about it is very unlikely to cure anyone. In fact, seeing the lighter side of life is actually one of the things that has helped me.

I know you are coming from a genuine place with your comment. But if my opinion, as a sufferer of said affliction, counts for anything. Then I'd like to say, I don't need your protection and I definitely don't want your pity. My problems are not caused by anyone making jokes on the internet...but, it would make me feel really f*cking depressed to think that people stopped making jokes and laughing due to my presence. In my well paid opinion, I think saying we can't joke about X or Y makes that thing seem more serious an affliction than if we confront it and even poke fun at it. This is just my opinion on the matter and you, or anyone else, are free to see it differently. But I am a big believer in the fact it is my responsibility to sort my shit out. I would never expect the world around me to bend to accommodate my idiosyncrasies.

Now, if any of you c*nts call me mad, I will track you down and I will hurt you. OK?

Good post, but missing a cosy picture of you in a bubble bath with your boyfriend to round it off. :)
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:16 - Feb 10 with 4009 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:02 - Feb 10 by N0rthernLine

Good post, but missing a cosy picture of you in a bubble bath with your boyfriend to round it off. :)

WTF.

Had to have a think about this. Can only assume you are suggesting I'm doing a 'Gareth Thomas' and saying this for attention? (or for more TV work, maybe?)

Tbh, to find out if that is true, you will have to speak to my shrink. All I can tell you is that I tell you the truth. I cannot answer why I tell you the truth.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:50 - Feb 10 with 3976 viewsN0rthernLine

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:16 - Feb 10 by Mo_Wives

WTF.

Had to have a think about this. Can only assume you are suggesting I'm doing a 'Gareth Thomas' and saying this for attention? (or for more TV work, maybe?)

Tbh, to find out if that is true, you will have to speak to my shrink. All I can tell you is that I tell you the truth. I cannot answer why I tell you the truth.

No, I wasn't suggesting either. :0

You just expect to see one nowadays and thought you may have forgotten to post yours. ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024