Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Many Players... 12:33 - Feb 9 with 2248 viewsSwan91

Do we need next season if we stay up...

Tammy (loan)
Sanches (loan)
King (loan)
Leon (should be replaced)
Rangel (should be replaced)

We need a LB (I actually think Roberts looks like a decent RB cover at the moment)
A creative AM should still be looked at.
I would say 2-3 wingers should be brought on

this doesn't include a replacement for Ki if he doesn't stay and extend his contract.... and if Bony leaves or injuries just make it impossible for him to play for us properly again.

so In my head I have worked out a possible 8-10 players needing to be brought in next transfer window if we stay up... either that is crazily bad calculations from me.. or that is just a scary realistic number...
How Many Players... on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 2205 viewsjacksfullaces

should think a marquee signing, an experienced 22yr old from falkirk and a couple of hungry young loans will be the order of the day, with at least one of them being a goal keeper. and most of them will be sorted in late August, apart from the goal keeper which will be the area sorted first.

we've had 3 poor starts in the last 3 years says HJ and he has the template for that right in front of him.
How Many Players... on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 2175 viewsShaky

. . .Bony (in all probability)

IF Swansea stay up you can bet the house Mawson will be flogged around to try to finance those necessary player acquisitions next summer, although I remain deeply sceptical of the wild-eyed +£40 million valuations being bandied around for him.

Must remember to consult Transfermarket.com to find the current experts' valuation of Mawson. Remember, Transfermarket.com, your one stop shop for transfer market and player valuation data. Don't delay, go today.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

How Many Players... on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 2133 viewsShaky

So just checked the valuation of Mawson on Transfermarket.com, the premier football player valuation website and resource, and the experts there value him at no more than £10.8 million.

What do you think?

According to my state of the art spreadsheet that's no more than £56,447 per cm. Too high or too low? Have your say and comment now on Twitter #TransfermarketRulez.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

How Many Players... on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 2130 viewsJango

If we stay up and Carvalhal stays I can see Tammy maybe staying another season on loan. He’s already mentioned he’s work in progress, got obvious talent and is nowhere near ready for Chelsea. Could work out well for all parties. The less big changes the better really.
How Many Players... on 13:30 - Feb 9 with 2114 viewssomersetsimon

From what king was saying, it sounded like he was up for a permanent move if the loan went ok.

Narsingh does seem to be getting closer to being a good player for us, but we could really do with a proper left winger for balance.

AM has got to be top priority.
How Many Players... on 13:43 - Feb 9 with 2091 viewsawayjack

Defence. Sadly agree with Shaky that we'll look to sell Mawson for £40m+. Rangel is spent, so we'll need new LWB RWB. Not sure what happened with Arias but someone of that quality that can cover both sides and a replacement for Mawson.

Midfield. Likely to lose Leon, Ki, Sanches, King and flog Mesa. Not convinced Carroll is PL. Replace that lot with two quality players - a creative midfielder and DM.

Forwards. Tammy will move on, depends how Bony / A Ayew fitness is. If their injuries persist, Baston is sold and Routs moves on, we'll need 2 new forwards and a quality winger.

If we sell Mesa, Baston and probably Mawson for £60-£70m, expect Owners will look to retain a profit, so perhaps a couple buys at £10m-£15m and 3-4 new loanees to keep us up another year for the ££££.
How Many Players... on 15:24 - Feb 9 with 1950 viewsnyc_swans

the problem is that if they stay up you can already hear the justification about how this group of players dug in and showed their quality and that little reinforcement is needed because of the improvement showed over the second half of the season.
How Many Players... on 21:51 - Feb 9 with 1711 viewsCrazedBison

I would think that we'd certainly need a LB no matter what happens.

Assuming Leon is done and Mesa is really gone, we'll maybe need a CDM/holding CM of good quality.

Assuming Ki leaves I see us grabbing another CM of some type.

Assuming we have a fit Ayew duo, I would like to see one decent target striker in the Fernando Llorente mould.

A speedy left winger or a set-piece taking CAM would be the other need. Sadly, I wouldn't see us getting both.

So, I guess that all means that our shipping list (in my view) would be: 4 quality players, more if we sell. I'm not holding my breath though.
Login to get fewer ads

How Many Players... on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 1702 viewsoldcob

How Many Players... on 21:51 - Feb 9 by CrazedBison

I would think that we'd certainly need a LB no matter what happens.

Assuming Leon is done and Mesa is really gone, we'll maybe need a CDM/holding CM of good quality.

Assuming Ki leaves I see us grabbing another CM of some type.

Assuming we have a fit Ayew duo, I would like to see one decent target striker in the Fernando Llorente mould.

A speedy left winger or a set-piece taking CAM would be the other need. Sadly, I wouldn't see us getting both.

So, I guess that all means that our shipping list (in my view) would be: 4 quality players, more if we sell. I'm not holding my breath though.

We need decent cover for Fab too. I think if you played any three of the others at the same time they wouldn't be the keeper Fab is.
How Many Players... on 22:06 - Feb 9 with 1693 viewspencoedjack

How Many Players... on 13:24 - Feb 9 by Jango

If we stay up and Carvalhal stays I can see Tammy maybe staying another season on loan. He’s already mentioned he’s work in progress, got obvious talent and is nowhere near ready for Chelsea. Could work out well for all parties. The less big changes the better really.

Tammy Abraham will never be a 1st team player at Chelsea ....
How Many Players... on 22:14 - Feb 9 with 1674 viewsDr_Winston

We need to ease Britton, Rangel and Routledge out of first team thinking. Would like to see Abraham for another season, and one more winger/AM. Preferably someone who can do both.

Other than replacing like for like with Mesa, Baston et all that's about it. Carvalhal seems keen to give the kiddies ago so we'll see what happens.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How Many Players... on 22:16 - Feb 9 with 1669 viewsCooperman

So all in we’re looking at about 8 signings (assuming we remain in the Premier League).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

How Many Players... on 22:23 - Feb 9 with 1657 viewsBigPhilG

How Many Players... on 22:16 - Feb 9 by Cooperman

So all in we’re looking at about 8 signings (assuming we remain in the Premier League).

Yes that's about right but we know that the yanks won't invest any cash they might have and that Pinocchio won't sanction it to begin with
How Many Players... on 22:25 - Feb 9 with 1645 viewsLoyal

How Many Players... on 13:24 - Feb 9 by Jango

Im unsure Tammy is anything other than a championship player at the moment.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How Many Players... on 22:29 - Feb 9 with 1639 viewsDr_Winston

How Many Players... on 22:25 - Feb 9 by Loyal

Im unsure Tammy is anything other than a championship player at the moment.

Why?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024