Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan 15:50 - Feb 9 with 9986 viewsTummer_from_Texas

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/09/swansea-owners-interview-made-s

I'd like to see the detailed math on how they came up with 114.3MM in player expenditures versus 89.9MM in income from player sales. I've tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but it sure doesn't seem to add up, TBH.

More from the writer about this interview:

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 15:56]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 15:53 - Feb 9 with 5204 viewsjasper_T

"including loan and agents fees" is the important bit.
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 15:55 - Feb 9 with 5189 viewsLandore_Jack

“Huw works his tail off, he’s dedicated to the club, he’s loyal to everything going on in the organisation, so we want him with us,” adds Levien. “That being said, we want to continue to improve the [recruitment] process.”

#backtojack

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:01 - Feb 9 with 5154 viewsBobby_Fischer

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 15:53 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

"including loan and agents fees" is the important bit.

Pretty much, I think people forget this and think we have millions to splash about.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:01 - Feb 9 with 5152 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 15:55 - Feb 9 by Landore_Jack

“Huw works his tail off, he’s dedicated to the club, he’s loyal to everything going on in the organisation, so we want him with us,” adds Levien. “That being said, we want to continue to improve the [recruitment] process.”

At least they gave a solid, specific example of why they trust HJ:

“On the other hand, to be fair to Huw [Jenkins, the chairman], he’s made some really good purchases. Alfie Mawson is a kid that our scouting group and Huw pounded the table on. We said: ‘We’re going to spend £5m on a player who’s played a total of four matches in the Championship?’ That seemed crazy. But there was a lot of conviction about Alfie and he’s worth a lot of money now.

“And I want to be very clear, we have no intention of moving Alfie. This guy is a stalwart of our club."

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:10 - Feb 9 with 5089 viewsOldjack

And I want to be very clear, we have no intention of moving Alfie. This guy is a stalwart of our club."
if the moneys right he'll be on his toes ,cut the bullshtye ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:13 - Feb 9 with 5067 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is about time the club accounts for he year ending July 2017 were published. Man Utd have just released their figures for the Quarter ending December 2017.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:19 - Feb 9 with 5026 viewscentrestandswan

"Throw in the situation with Mesa and Borja, who arrived the previous year, and it feels as though Swansea need to shake up their approach to recruitment.

We’re evaluating how we improve our process and that may be bringing in additional people in roles that could help,” Levien says. “The key for us is how do we learn from the mistakes that we’ve made and get better. So adding additional resources to that is something we’re looking closely at.”

Present system : https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=17125252

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:19 - Feb 9 with 5022 viewsTummer_from_Texas

More from the writer:

Login to get fewer ads

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:20 - Feb 9 with 5012 viewsWarwickHunt

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:13 - Feb 9 by felixstowe_jack

It is about time the club accounts for he year ending July 2017 were published. Man Utd have just released their figures for the Quarter ending December 2017.

"Wish I could have wrote more".

Have wrote? Fück my eyes, a professional journalist...
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:21 - Feb 9 with 5005 viewsploppy

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:10 - Feb 9 by Oldjack

And I want to be very clear, we have no intention of moving Alfie. This guy is a stalwart of our club."
if the moneys right he'll be on his toes ,cut the bullshtye ffs

I don't find those 2 statements (yours and theirs) contradictory. If they'd said "we're not going to sell Alfie", you'd have a point.
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:26 - Feb 9 with 4972 viewsQJumpingJack

No mention of Bob Bradley debacle.

No mention of their working relationship with The Trust.

Poor. Very poor.
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:28 - Feb 9 with 4959 viewsBlasterJack

How coincidental that we get this puff piece plus that nauseating charm offensive video from Jenkins, just are we are riding high on a nice run of results.

More front than Brigton that mob.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:35 - Feb 9 with 4896 viewsnyc_swans

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:28 - Feb 9 by BlasterJack

How coincidental that we get this puff piece plus that nauseating charm offensive video from Jenkins, just are we are riding high on a nice run of results.

exactly.

don't know why we should take anything they say with more than a grain of salt.
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:36 - Feb 9 with 4888 viewswaynekerr55

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:20 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

I take it he formulated that response on the latest 'Perchboard', available to buy from Aldi?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:37 - Feb 9 with 4884 viewsmax936

Spot on, although there is a slight case for saying they're dammed if they do and dammed if they don't I suppose.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:45 - Feb 9 with 4820 viewsswan_si

"Kaplan and Levien rarely give interviews and they are not stepping out of the shadows all of a sudden because Swansea are showing signs of life — this conversation was set up when the team were bottom of the table. "

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:05 - Feb 9 with 4694 viewsSPboy

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:45 - Feb 9 by swan_si

"Kaplan and Levien rarely give interviews and they are not stepping out of the shadows all of a sudden because Swansea are showing signs of life — this conversation was set up when the team were bottom of the table. "

It seems this journalist has made a bit of a u-turn since he wrote this previous article

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/dec/21/swansea-city-unravelled-18

... or perhaps he is now seeing it all very differently having spoken to people in the know of what really is going on behind the scenes

Still not sure why he dedicated so much space to the Mawson deal compared to the disasters of Baston, Mesa, Bony & Sanches
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:15 - Feb 9 with 4640 viewsBlasterJack

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:05 - Feb 9 by SPboy

It seems this journalist has made a bit of a u-turn since he wrote this previous article

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/dec/21/swansea-city-unravelled-18

... or perhaps he is now seeing it all very differently having spoken to people in the know of what really is going on behind the scenes

Still not sure why he dedicated so much space to the Mawson deal compared to the disasters of Baston, Mesa, Bony & Sanches

Precisely, it's because Mawson is probably the only smart bit of business we have done (financially) transfer wise for ages.
Coveniently glossed over the pisspoor managerial appointments we have made and the massive payouts that their contract terminations have cost.
I dread to think how much money has been spunked up the wall on stuff like that.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:30 - Feb 9 with 4569 viewsthornabyswan

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:15 - Feb 9 by BlasterJack

Precisely, it's because Mawson is probably the only smart bit of business we have done (financially) transfer wise for ages.
Coveniently glossed over the pisspoor managerial appointments we have made and the massive payouts that their contract terminations have cost.
I dread to think how much money has been spunked up the wall on stuff like that.

The interesting stat is the 113 million net spend against the 89 million received.
Can this be verified.
If it's accurate would back up their claims of investment.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:34 - Feb 9 with 4553 viewsmonmouth

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:20 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

It made my eyes bleed and my soul die a little.

Wait until you see the next generation.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:44 - Feb 9 with 4504 viewsswancity

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 16:26 - Feb 9 by QJumpingJack

No mention of Bob Bradley debacle.

No mention of their working relationship with The Trust.

Poor. Very poor.

Well of course not. All this entailed was a couple of well rehearsed questions from Gareth and even more well rehearsed answers from Jenkins. It's been put together at a time when the feel good factor on the pitch and in the stands is returning. Cleverly timed in an attempt to gloss over any negativity, to take the heat off and to restore faith and confidence in Jenkins. The Knight in Shining armour has worked his magic yet again. Like phuck he has. I can see thru the staged bullshyte and others will. But many won't be. The man is a freak. He absolutely needs to go soon.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 18:14 - Feb 9 with 4342 viewslondonlisa2001

Few short points:

- they haven't invested any money into the club. The piece mentions them saying they spent money generated by the club and more - the 'and more' bit is nonsense. They haven't spent any money other than that generated by the club as they haven't out any additional money in. Not one penny.

- interesting wording on spend 'since they took over'. Interesting to note dates of sale of both Andre Ayew and Ashley Williams that summer... technically before they took over? Not sure. Itvwas roughly the same time. That's £32m of difference right there plus £5m of future signing bonus on Ayew.

- interesting accounting on loans. Saying that the deals for Tammy and Sanches were £12m including fees and wages. But that ignores the savings in wages of players moved out. If, say, we moved Gomis out and Tammy in, we can't include Tammy's wages as a spend without Gomis' wages as a saving. It's back to the old chestnut of Sanches loan fee being £6m. That includes wages, it's not a loan fee. It's just down to whether we pay the player or pay the player's club who then pay the player. It's a spin to call it a fee, as it's not.

As an aside - it's great that Jenkins shows great loyalty to all at the club. I assume they mean apart from the Trust.

It's all in the wording.
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 18:19 - Feb 9 with 4319 viewsTheResurrection

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 17:15 - Feb 9 by BlasterJack

Yeah. Right....

Beauty alert here

So forget the 4 that came in in January who more than played their part including Ayew who now could be worth at least triple. VdH as they mentioned, Mawson, you know, like half the team.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 18:30 - Feb 9 with 4257 viewsTheCobbler

I think it says in quite good English, “ Swansea’s total expenditure on transfers (including loan and agent fees)”
Guardian interview with Levien and Kaplan on 18:37 - Feb 9 with 4219 viewsShaky

You should have asked Dim about this, he can knock these things together in 4 minutes gross, including screen grabs and upload time.

Here's my numbers (Source: Transfermarket.com, the web's premier resource tansfer and player blah, blah, blah. Includes Agents fees assumed @10%). Add '17+'18

Ins
----

Outs
----

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024