Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Social Media 20:03 - Feb 9 with 6253 viewsJackfath

What is it about today's society that one feels the need to tell everyone about what they are doing, what they've done, where they're going etc?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Social Media on 20:04 - Feb 9 with 2303 viewsexiledclaseboy

ECB likes this.

Poll: Tory leader

Social Media on 20:04 - Feb 9 with 2295 viewsNeath_Jack

You ok? Inbox hun x

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Social Media on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 2293 viewsJackfath

Social Media on 20:04 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

ECB likes this.

Well, quite.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Social Media on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 2292 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mylifeisbetterthanyours.com

I agree. There’s something wrong with them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Social Media on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 2290 viewsexiledclaseboy

Social Media on 20:04 - Feb 9 by Neath_Jack

You ok? Inbox hun x

That f*cking winds me up a treat.

Social Media on 20:09 - Feb 9 with 2260 viewsJack_Kass

Why meet 5 people in the pub on the weekend? to tell them about your week.

When you can just tell 1000 people about it, every minute of the day.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 20:10]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Social Media on 20:11 - Feb 9 with 2243 viewsbonymine

Agree totally Fathy, to me everybody on there has a supposed ‘PERFECT LIFE’ with the usual PHOTOSHOPPED IMAGES and promoting their ‘personna’ and ‘daily activities’ ........

Surely if your life is that bloody good then why not just get on with it and bloody enjoy it without taking a selfie every 10 minutes ....!!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Social Media on 20:12 - Feb 9 with 2239 viewsNeath_Jack

Social Media on 20:05 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

That f*cking winds me up a treat.

I'd like to say something like, the youth of today eh? But it's the adults who are the worst of the lot.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Social Media on 20:13 - Feb 9 with 2234 viewsexiledclaseboy

A family member of mine who shall remain unidentified has an almost daily habit of posting a Facebook update in the early hours bemoaning their lack of sleep. It takes every ounce of self control I posses to stop myself replying in the vein of “try turning your f*cking phone off for five minutes.”

Social Media on 20:14 - Feb 9 with 2224 viewsJackfath

Yoofs rarely use Facebook and Twitter.

They're into other stuff, init.

Social Media on 20:15 - Feb 9 with 2222 viewsJackfath

Social Media on 20:13 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

A family member of mine who shall remain unidentified has an almost daily habit of posting a Facebook update in the early hours bemoaning their lack of sleep. It takes every ounce of self control I posses to stop myself replying in the vein of “try turning your f*cking phone off for five minutes.”

Defriend them.

Social Media on 20:15 - Feb 9 with 2218 viewsexiledclaseboy

Social Media on 20:15 - Feb 9 by Jackfath

Defriend them.

Oof. Radical step.

Social Media on 20:17 - Feb 9 with 2207 viewsbonymine

You’ve been outed now Andrew with your ‘Family Member’ and are now the scourge of the family .....😂😂😂

Sleep well tonight 😉

Social Media on 20:17 - Feb 9 with 2207 viewsJackfath

Social Media on 20:15 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Oof. Radical step.

Do you have people on "facebook" who are your "friends" who you don't know?

Social Media on 20:19 - Feb 9 with 2194 viewsexiledclaseboy

Social Media on 20:17 - Feb 9 by Jackfath

Probably. I don’t pay it much attention these days to be honest.

Social Media on 20:20 - Feb 9 with 2190 viewsexiledclaseboy

Social Media on 20:17 - Feb 9 by bonymine

You’ve been outed now Andrew with your ‘Family Member’ and are now the scourge of the family .....😂😂😂

Sleep well tonight 😉

I’m not overly popular with “that” side of the family anyway so I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Social Media on 20:23 - Feb 9 with 2177 viewsmax936

Don't go on the fecking thing in the first place is the best option imo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Social Media on 20:24 - Feb 9 with 2170 viewsJackfath

Social Media on 20:19 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Probably. I don’t pay it much attention these days to be honest.

When I used it I had people wanting to be my "friend" but they would ignore me if I was to walk passed them. Most odd. I look in occasionally thinking my experience will be different, but it serves to wind me up.

I honestly wish I could press a "you're a tvvat" button or something similar.

I got irate recently while listening to a quiz on the wireless. Some man who must have been in his 50's judging by his musical taste, won the quiz. The quizmaster asked him if he'd like to say hello to anyone. He said the usual, close family and named some friends, then said "and all my friends on Facebook, i've got over 5000, and they all know me". I shouted at the radio and switched it off. What a vvat. He was a binman from West Wales.

Social Media on 20:25 - Feb 9 with 2166 viewsbonymine

Social Media on 20:17 - Feb 9 by Jackfath

Another good point Fathy .....my most recent ex wife (😉 Cheerio ) was quite embarrassingly obsessesed by the ‘number of followers’ etc she had on social media ....

Plus add back the Botox she has had from age 40 and it’s so refreshing to wake up in the morning now without that ‘liability’ in my Profit & Loss Account 😉😂

Happy Days 👍👍👍
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 20:33]

Social Media on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 2113 viewsFlashberryjack

Facebook is like many other things in life, used the right way it can be very good.

Of course you don't have to have a Facebook page.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Social Media on 20:47 - Feb 9 with 2109 viewsShaky

The awful truth about family WhatsApp groups

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jan/21/the-ugly-truth-about-family-

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Social Media on 21:02 - Feb 9 with 2056 viewsjack2jack

As I said yesterday on another thread, I don't understand it, sorry I do,but what I don't understand is why folk feel the need to post the crap they do.I agree there is a lot in what has been said earlier that it is full of 'my life is better than yours'.
Now here's a novel idea, if you want to speak to someone, stand in front of them,or if you can't do that, because they are way too far away, pick up the phone and have a conversation that way. It works for me anyway.
Social Media on 21:21 - Feb 9 with 2023 viewsFlashberryjack

Social Media on 21:02 - Feb 9 by jack2jack

As I said yesterday on another thread, I don't understand it, sorry I do,but what I don't understand is why folk feel the need to post the crap they do.I agree there is a lot in what has been said earlier that it is full of 'my life is better than yours'.
Now here's a novel idea, if you want to speak to someone, stand in front of them,or if you can't do that, because they are way too far away, pick up the phone and have a conversation that way. It works for me anyway.

What I can't understand, is people complaining about the crap on Facebook, then say they don't go on Facebook.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Social Media on 21:28 - Feb 9 with 2007 viewsMrSwerve

"So this happened today..."
Followed by some mundane picture.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Social Media on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 1994 viewsbonymine

Social Media on 21:28 - Feb 9 by MrSwerve

"So this happened today..."
Followed by some mundane picture.

We’ve got a Big Pole in our Goal .,,,,,etc etc ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024