Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan 15:12 - Feb 10 with 8564 viewsE20Jack

Nice to see he doesn't have any hard feelings towards the club. Always will be remembered fondly for me.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:18 - Feb 10 with 5701 viewsjack2jack

Nice fella.Shame it didn't work out.
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:23 - Feb 10 with 5681 viewsNeath_Jack

Really? Jenkins mate from Neath looks a bit of an Italian mind, normally sits around there too. Forget his name now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:26 - Feb 10 with 5667 viewsE20Jack

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:23 - Feb 10 by Neath_Jack

Really? Jenkins mate from Neath looks a bit of an Italian mind, normally sits around there too. Forget his name now.

Definitely Guido NJ.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:29 - Feb 10 with 5656 viewsmajorraglan

BBC sport reporter also saying FG is in the Directors box. Surprised to hear he's there but good luck to him. Maybe he's come to collect his pay off!
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 5541 viewsicecoldjack

Is he going to be our new chief scout ? Wasn't he doing something similar for the Italian consortium that bought Watford ?
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:53 - Feb 10 with 5502 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What jobs of equal or better stature has he been offered since his time with us?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 5487 viewsicecoldjack

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:53 - Feb 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What jobs of equal or better stature has he been offered since his time with us?

The national managers job of Italy.
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:57 - Feb 10 with 5465 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:55 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

The national managers job of Italy.

Was he actually offered it, or another case of his agent putting feelers out and hoping the head of the Italian F.A. is as desperate as Jenkins was when he tried his luck with us?

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:57 - Feb 10 with 5471 viewsE20Jack

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:53 - Feb 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Inter Milan were lining him up to replace De Boer.

Although it doesn't matter. It's what he did for us that counts and he guided us to safety when we looked rudderless. Always came across a gentleman too.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 16:10]

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:05 - Feb 10 with 5274 viewsHighjack

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:51 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Is he going to be our new chief scout ? Wasn't he doing something similar for the Italian consortium that bought Watford ?

Judging by Alberto Paloschi I f ucking hope not!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:08 - Feb 10 with 5232 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:57 - Feb 10 by E20Jack

Inter Milan were lining him up to replace De Boer.

Although it doesn't matter. It's what he did for us that counts and he guided us to safety when we looked rudderless. Always came across a gentleman too.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 16:10]

He did very well. However we should have evaluated the situation in the Summer to see if better was available, thanked him and wished him well in his future endeavours.

Hopefully we wont go throwing around multi year contracts to Carlos and his crew in the Summer either.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:11 - Feb 10 with 5200 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:05 - Feb 10 by Highjack

Judging by Alberto Paloschi I f ucking hope not!

We were after Paloschi before Guido came...

From WalesOnline -

Has he got a good record in the transfer market?

An emphatic yes. In his time at Udinese he brought some household names to prominence. Bayern Munich's star centre-half Medhi Benatia had very little exposure before coming a key cog in Guidolin's wheel.

He also brought Roberto Pereyra from South America to Italy, and the midfielder has gone on to star for the currently all-conquering Juventus team.

After winning promotion to Serie A with Palermo in the early 2000's, he signed a then young defender named Andrea Barzagli. Barzagli has gone on to have a glittering career for Juventus and Italy.
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:23 - Feb 10 with 5081 viewsTheResurrection

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:11 - Feb 10 by WarwickHunt

We were after Paloschi before Guido came...

From WalesOnline -

Has he got a good record in the transfer market?

An emphatic yes. In his time at Udinese he brought some household names to prominence. Bayern Munich's star centre-half Medhi Benatia had very little exposure before coming a key cog in Guidolin's wheel.

He also brought Roberto Pereyra from South America to Italy, and the midfielder has gone on to star for the currently all-conquering Juventus team.

After winning promotion to Serie A with Palermo in the early 2000's, he signed a then young defender named Andrea Barzagli. Barzagli has gone on to have a glittering career for Juventus and Italy.

It was all still connected to Guidolin though

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 17:33 - Feb 10 with 4989 viewsWhiterockin

Would have been nice if they flashed him up on the screen, he would have had warm round of applause.
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 18:55 - Feb 10 with 4554 viewsBLAZE

Paloschi gets lumped in with the likes of Schechter and Vázquez which is unfair. Financially it may have been a disaster - I don’t know what he was sold for? - but he wasn’t a bad player at all. Pre-season with us and he’ll have improved further. As it was, he was allegedly homesick and that was the end of it

Guido

Lyn Rees(?) is Jenkins’ mate btw

[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 18:57]
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 18:59 - Feb 10 with 4508 viewsE20Jack

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 18:55 - Feb 10 by BLAZE

Paloschi gets lumped in with the likes of Schechter and Vázquez which is unfair. Financially it may have been a disaster - I don’t know what he was sold for? - but he wasn’t a bad player at all. Pre-season with us and he’ll have improved further. As it was, he was allegedly homesick and that was the end of it

Guido

Lyn Rees(?) is Jenkins’ mate btw

[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 18:57]

I was there for his debut at the Hawthornes and his movement off the ball was superb, a proper strikers instinct for movement. Shame he never settled.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:00 - Feb 10 with 4487 viewsBLAZE

Me too. I think I started a thread afterwards raving about him. He looked just what we needed

They don’t all work out. But poor player? Not for me.
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:01 - Feb 10 with 4476 viewsBloodyhills

He's a man of class.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:02 - Feb 10 with 4451 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 18:59 - Feb 10 by E20Jack

I was there for his debut at the Hawthornes and his movement off the ball was superb, a proper strikers instinct for movement. Shame he never settled.

Always anticipating and gambling on a mistake or deflection in the box - something Gomis never did. Looked more than decent for the money.
Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:07 - Feb 10 with 4420 viewsE20Jack

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:02 - Feb 10 by WarwickHunt

Always anticipating and gambling on a mistake or deflection in the box - something Gomis never did. Looked more than decent for the money.

Absolutely correct.

Whether directly or indirectly, his energy was just what we needed at that time and he injected some much needed confidence in us. That is certainly not a signing I regret as a fan.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:22 - Feb 10 with 4307 viewsGlyn1

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 15:51 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Good point.

Seriously, why have the owners brought him over?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:26 - Feb 10 with 4260 viewswaynekerr55

Huw's mate is Lyn Thomas. Lovely fella

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 20:10 - Feb 10 with 4050 viewsDarran

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 19:22 - Feb 10 by Glyn1

Good point.

Seriously, why have the owners brought him over?

Have the owners brought him over then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 3999 viewsDr_Winston

He turned his back to Jenkins and Morgan?

Never wise to make the same mistake twice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin sat in front of Jenkins and Morgan on 20:20 - Feb 10 with 3931 viewsjack247

You’ve moved on from patronising everyone who didn’t want us to appoint Allardyce then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024