Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 19:29 - Feb 10 with 13646 viewsmarchamjack

The new Stoke RFC. Wouldn't want to watch that hoofball sht week in week out. Dyche criticising our pitch...they dont need any grass. Hideous.

Great gritty win. Loved it.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Burnley on 17:21 - Feb 11 with 1489 viewsbonymine

Burnley on 17:07 - Feb 11 by Private_Partz

Most of their fans probably can't afford, face lifts, beauty spars and designer gear.
Burnley, like Swansea, is one of the most deprived areas in the U.K.
Tell the boys never to judge a book by its cover.
Thought I would mention that although I guess, and hope, you were joking ;-)
As regards their performances then it looks like they have tailed off since they started to look safe although holding Man City was no mean feat. Ask Leicester....

Actually PP their fans are the only ones who I have witnessed causing a disturbance at the end of a match at The Liberty for a long time....

I can’t afford face lifts, beauty spas and designer gear etc myself but amazingly my ex wife did so as a part time teaching assistant with Botox thrown in too every 6 months when we were married until thankfully we got divorced and I got rid off her 😉

And for your information my lads are well grounded individuals who NEVER ‘judge a book by it’s cover’ but are well travelled and well versed in spotting a THUG wherever they may be .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Burnley on 17:38 - Feb 11 with 1466 viewsPrivate_Partz

Burnley on 17:21 - Feb 11 by bonymine

Actually PP their fans are the only ones who I have witnessed causing a disturbance at the end of a match at The Liberty for a long time....

I can’t afford face lifts, beauty spas and designer gear etc myself but amazingly my ex wife did so as a part time teaching assistant with Botox thrown in too every 6 months when we were married until thankfully we got divorced and I got rid off her 😉

And for your information my lads are well grounded individuals who NEVER ‘judge a book by it’s cover’ but are well travelled and well versed in spotting a THUG wherever they may be .....

Cool. I thought you were joking :-)
I didn't see any trouble at the end. What happpened?

Edit: On re reading your post it seems you thought I was referring to your and your family in relation to the designer gear bit. I was not but I can see why you may have thought it.
You compared Burnley fans to our friends up the road in your post and it was them I was referring to. With all the best jobs in Wales many of them can afford the very best. Despite needing six fingers on their designer gloves ;-)
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 17:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Burnley on 17:40 - Feb 11 with 1464 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea not a dump anymore than Burnley. Some nice houses on edge of town with unspoiled Moorland over which you can walk for hours .

People on South Wales,let's face it,often know fook all of anything north of Brecon .

Swansea is an old industrial town ,which are always ugly but close to beautiful countryside . All the northern mill towns are like this including Bradford ,a much maligned city .

Football was born in these northern towns not pseudo posh south coast communes

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Burnley on 18:24 - Feb 11 with 1439 viewsbonymine

Burnley on 17:38 - Feb 11 by Private_Partz

Cool. I thought you were joking :-)
I didn't see any trouble at the end. What happpened?

Edit: On re reading your post it seems you thought I was referring to your and your family in relation to the designer gear bit. I was not but I can see why you may have thought it.
You compared Burnley fans to our friends up the road in your post and it was them I was referring to. With all the best jobs in Wales many of them can afford the very best. Despite needing six fingers on their designer gloves ;-)
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 17:47]

Just a few punches thrown between us ..,

They were the worst fans this season leaning over the barrier and pointing in Swans fans’ faces to be honest I’ve been ‘on the segregation barrier’ at the Emirates etc with Arsenal fans and enjoyed a great day of banter but Burnley seemed to be really aggressive for some reason ?

I apologise if my previous comments came over as being ‘socially unacceptable’ etc and my mouth is well and truly now shut 👍😂

Burnley on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 1428 viewsPrivate_Partz

Burnley on 18:24 - Feb 11 by bonymine

Just a few punches thrown between us ..,

They were the worst fans this season leaning over the barrier and pointing in Swans fans’ faces to be honest I’ve been ‘on the segregation barrier’ at the Emirates etc with Arsenal fans and enjoyed a great day of banter but Burnley seemed to be really aggressive for some reason ?

I apologise if my previous comments came over as being ‘socially unacceptable’ etc and my mouth is well and truly now shut 👍😂

Fairy Nuff. You are sitting in a position to judge it seems to me. They obviously have some hot heads as the pre season 'German' incident proved.
No punches thrown here. I am a devout and practising coward. ;-)
Onwards and hopefully upwards eh? :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Burnley on 18:33 - Feb 11 with 1425 viewsbonymine

Burnley on 18:31 - Feb 11 by Private_Partz

Fairy Nuff. You are sitting in a position to judge it seems to me. They obviously have some hot heads as the pre season 'German' incident proved.
No punches thrown here. I am a devout and practising coward. ;-)
Onwards and hopefully upwards eh? :-)

Absolutely 👍 all the Best

Burnley on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 1325 viewsDyfnant

We've put in far worse performances than that of Burnley’s in the last 2 or 3 years.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Burnley on 10:57 - Feb 12 with 1252 viewsburnleyfan

Burnley on 10:52 - Feb 11 by Mo_Wives

Yes. Show more of that and less of yesterday's nonsense and people will praise you for your style of play. In fact, if you become very stylish and successful, I for one will be very jealous and start to dislike you as a club. What a way to ram my words down my throat. You have a duty, as a fan, to steer Mr Dyche away from his natural thuggish ways. Good luck and God speed, my northern friend.

Considering we have 8 first team players injured is it any wonder we are having to make do with what we've got?

As for style do you think you can go to places such as the Etihad and try and play football on the floor?

Do that and it's IMPOSSIBLE to win!
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley on 11:12 - Feb 12 with 1239 viewsbuilthjack

Burnley on 10:10 - Feb 11 by jacktheripper

Watched the swans and stayed over a couple of seasons ago. Big mistake. Friendly poeple but what a dump. Even had trouble finding a curry house open on a Saturday night. Avoid

We found a curry house in the middle of a housing estate when we went there a few years ago. Packed with a few hundred people. Amazing food. Then had a load of beers at the holiday inn express where we were staying, packed full of swans fans.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Burnley on 11:22 - Feb 12 with 1225 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 10:57 - Feb 12 by burnleyfan

Considering we have 8 first team players injured is it any wonder we are having to make do with what we've got?

As for style do you think you can go to places such as the Etihad and try and play football on the floor?

Do that and it's IMPOSSIBLE to win!

Once again. PLAY AS YOU WANT, YOU HAVE NO DUTY TO PLEASE ME. But when I watch you hoof it to the big man, don't expect me to praise the football I'm watching you play.

BTW, we came up with a squad that cost a fraction of the big teams and we took them on by playing football on the floor. We didn't always win but we were praised for our style. I'm not saying that there is no reason for you to do it. I'm not saying you are wrong to do it. What I'm saying is, if I had a labelling machine, I would print out a label saying 'SHITE' and stick it on the style of football I saw you play against us.

I suspect you agree, because not once have you tried to argue why it's not a shite style of football or that you weren't hoofing it. Instead you've made points about having players injured or how you played against Man City. Which are valuable reasons why your cake tastes of shit...but do nothing to change the fact that your cake does taste of shit. And I, for one, really don't want another bite of that cake.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 11:31 - Feb 12 with 1213 viewsburnleyfan

Burnley on 11:22 - Feb 12 by Mo_Wives

Once again. PLAY AS YOU WANT, YOU HAVE NO DUTY TO PLEASE ME. But when I watch you hoof it to the big man, don't expect me to praise the football I'm watching you play.

BTW, we came up with a squad that cost a fraction of the big teams and we took them on by playing football on the floor. We didn't always win but we were praised for our style. I'm not saying that there is no reason for you to do it. I'm not saying you are wrong to do it. What I'm saying is, if I had a labelling machine, I would print out a label saying 'SHITE' and stick it on the style of football I saw you play against us.

I suspect you agree, because not once have you tried to argue why it's not a shite style of football or that you weren't hoofing it. Instead you've made points about having players injured or how you played against Man City. Which are valuable reasons why your cake tastes of shit...but do nothing to change the fact that your cake does taste of shit. And I, for one, really don't want another bite of that cake.

Against Liverpool you rode your luck and hoofed it everytime the ball came into your box so was your style any different? Only the best teams can play total football.

As for style, look at the 24 pass move video clip against Everton. Not a long ball in sight.

As for cost of squads, look at our wage bill compared to yours. It'll be a fraction of what yours cost.
Burnley on 11:33 - Feb 12 with 1204 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Burnley on 11:31 - Feb 12 by burnleyfan

Against Liverpool you rode your luck and hoofed it everytime the ball came into your box so was your style any different? Only the best teams can play total football.

As for style, look at the 24 pass move video clip against Everton. Not a long ball in sight.

As for cost of squads, look at our wage bill compared to yours. It'll be a fraction of what yours cost.

fair point that.

All the best for the rest of the season, hoe you beat the teams around us.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Burnley on 11:47 - Feb 12 with 1187 viewsPegojack

When the teams were lining up for kick off, I looked around the Burnley team and was struck by the fact every Clarets player was a big unit. There were no Tom Carroll style eight stone weaklings in there. Lennon was probably their smallest man and he's no midget.

I think Shaun Dyche has gathered together a team of big, physically fit, hard working professionals, some of them not spring chickens, and he's got them well organized and busting a gut for the team. I'm not saying there's no flair amongst them, but I'd say it's in short supply and they rely more on unstinting workrate and 'if in doubt, hoof it upfield'.

Having said that, when we went up there in November at our lowest ebb, they put us to the sword with ease. We were lucky to lose.

It was my first time there, I had the pie and mushy peas experience in the cricket club next door, and I have to say the Burnley fans in there were great, really welcoming, salt of the earth.
Burnley on 12:06 - Feb 12 with 1159 viewsLandore_Jack

Burnley on 23:57 - Feb 11 by Dyfnant

We've put in far worse performances than that of Burnley’s in the last 2 or 3 years.

Brighton at home this season was one.

#backtojack

Burnley on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 1154 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 11:31 - Feb 12 by burnleyfan

*Knocks the northern chap on his forehead and shouts "Hello...anybody home"

Yes we rode our luck against Liverpool. Yes we have moved away from our style of play which made us successful and admired and yes, we have a bigger wage bill than you. Guess what? we have a bigger wage bill than we did when we came up. When we came up we played more attractive football with a cheaper team...and were more successful. So maybe hoofball is not the way to be a success, as you seem to think.

And you keep jumping to other games. Try and follow me here. I am talking about the game against us (Swans vs Burnley). Now tell me, please, did you play hoofball against us? (not Man City, not Everton and not in 1947 when you were runners up in t'cup) If so, is it fair of me to describe it as a shite style of football?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 12:13 - Feb 12 with 1147 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 11:33 - Feb 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

fair point that.

All the best for the rest of the season, hoe you beat the teams around us.

It might be a fair point, Thomas. But it has nothing to do with what I'm discussing with the chap. Why the way we played against Liverpool would mean Burnley didn't spend Saturday afternoon trying to shoot down our local seagulls is beyond me.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 12:15 - Feb 12 with 1136 viewsburnleyfan

Burnley on 12:07 - Feb 12 by Mo_Wives

*Knocks the northern chap on his forehead and shouts "Hello...anybody home"

Yes we rode our luck against Liverpool. Yes we have moved away from our style of play which made us successful and admired and yes, we have a bigger wage bill than you. Guess what? we have a bigger wage bill than we did when we came up. When we came up we played more attractive football with a cheaper team...and were more successful. So maybe hoofball is not the way to be a success, as you seem to think.

And you keep jumping to other games. Try and follow me here. I am talking about the game against us (Swans vs Burnley). Now tell me, please, did you play hoofball against us? (not Man City, not Everton and not in 1947 when you were runners up in t'cup) If so, is it fair of me to describe it as a shite style of football?

I'm not denying we were more direct, but you seem to think we play like that all the time. We aren't. When we briefly went up to 4th this season we were playing some great stuff and if you remember back to our home game against you guys we played the far better football and should have won by a bigger margin than the 2-0 scoreline with Jack Cork playing really well.

You don't do as well as we have done this season by playing hoofball.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 12:17]
Burnley on 12:36 - Feb 12 with 1100 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 12:15 - Feb 12 by burnleyfan

I'm not denying we were more direct, but you seem to think we play like that all the time. We aren't. When we briefly went up to 4th this season we were playing some great stuff and if you remember back to our home game against you guys we played the far better football and should have won by a bigger margin than the 2-0 scoreline with Jack Cork playing really well.

You don't do as well as we have done this season by playing hoofball.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 12:17]

"... the style of football I saw you play against us."

This is what I said earlier in the thread. I am talking about you in the game against us. Maybe I should have been more clear...for that I apologise. To tell you the truth, we've been so f*cking bad this year I haven't watched MOTD much, so haven't seen much of you. I have been talking about what I saw on the weekend. Which you have just agreed was 'more direct' (I say shite, but whatever..).

Now, let's look at the other points you made...
When you played good football you beat us. When you hoofed it we beat you.
When you were playing 'some great stuff' you moved up to 4th. (Now you're more direct you haven't won in 10?)

Why do you believe you need to hoof it to be successful? The evidence and your own words are telling you different, my friend.

And no, we haven't done as well as you this season. As you said at the start of the season you were playing great stuff and got to fourth. We were playing shit stuff and were embarrassing. We have changed to a more attractive style and are becoming more successful. While you are starting to hoof it and are becoming less successful. Are you seeing a pattern?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 12:46 - Feb 12 with 1091 viewsperchrockjack

Chaps having a personally,I'm uncomfortable about our working class fans having a go at fellow working class fans in the north.

I'm quite comfortable with Bournemouth ,Brighton and west fookn am

Come on boys, these people are our kith and kin.

Burnley on 12:54 - Feb 12 with 1080 viewsburnleyfan

Burnley on 12:36 - Feb 12 by Mo_Wives

"... the style of football I saw you play against us."

This is what I said earlier in the thread. I am talking about you in the game against us. Maybe I should have been more clear...for that I apologise. To tell you the truth, we've been so f*cking bad this year I haven't watched MOTD much, so haven't seen much of you. I have been talking about what I saw on the weekend. Which you have just agreed was 'more direct' (I say shite, but whatever..).

Now, let's look at the other points you made...
When you played good football you beat us. When you hoofed it we beat you.
When you were playing 'some great stuff' you moved up to 4th. (Now you're more direct you haven't won in 10?)

Why do you believe you need to hoof it to be successful? The evidence and your own words are telling you different, my friend.

And no, we haven't done as well as you this season. As you said at the start of the season you were playing great stuff and got to fourth. We were playing shit stuff and were embarrassing. We have changed to a more attractive style and are becoming more successful. While you are starting to hoof it and are becoming less successful. Are you seeing a pattern?

It's only the injuries (8 of them to our first team) that's meant we aren't as successful in recent weeks, not our style of play. You caught us on an off day as our performance against Man city shows how good we can be. It's just that when you lose so many players you are bound to suffer in the majority of games.
Burnley on 12:57 - Feb 12 with 1072 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 12:46 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

Chaps having a personally,I'm uncomfortable about our working class fans having a go at fellow working class fans in the north.

I'm quite comfortable with Bournemouth ,Brighton and west fookn am

Come on boys, these people are our kith and kin.

Perch, I quite like Burnley as a club. Well, tbh, I fooking hate everyone in the league who isn't us (I haven't been to fond of us this year, either). But on my 'hate scale' Burnley are one of the lowest. Now Bournemouth are right up the top end.

I am not talking about the club or the fans. I'm not even talking about the football they have played all season (I don't watch them). I'm talking about what I saw on the weekend...which our Northern friend has agreed was direct.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 13:05 - Feb 12 with 1053 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 12:54 - Feb 12 by burnleyfan

It's only the injuries (8 of them to our first team) that's meant we aren't as successful in recent weeks, not our style of play. You caught us on an off day as our performance against Man city shows how good we can be. It's just that when you lose so many players you are bound to suffer in the majority of games.

That's a fair point (the injuries). Now, let me ask you, when you get these players back do you think you will be more successful hoofing it or playing football?
More importantly, when these players come back, would you want Mr Dyche to tell them to hoof it or to play 'good football?

Listening to you, you seem proud of the 'great stuff' and the 24 pass goal and less proud of the direct stuff.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 13:12 - Feb 12 with 1041 viewsburnleyfan

Burnley on 13:05 - Feb 12 by Mo_Wives

That's a fair point (the injuries). Now, let me ask you, when you get these players back do you think you will be more successful hoofing it or playing football?
More importantly, when these players come back, would you want Mr Dyche to tell them to hoof it or to play 'good football?

Listening to you, you seem proud of the 'great stuff' and the 24 pass goal and less proud of the direct stuff.

Depends on who we were playing against and when I suppose. I think it's fair to say all fans enjoy sticking it up the big clubs if you can rough em' up a bit.

We enjoy both direct and pass and move under Dyche, although as he has said it depends on the quality of player available and it's noticeable that our style has got better when we've signed better players (Steven Defour for example).

One thing that will never change for us with Dyche in charge is our framework - work very hard and press high up the pitch.
Burnley on 13:23 - Feb 12 with 1017 viewsMo_Wives

Burnley on 13:12 - Feb 12 by burnleyfan

Depends on who we were playing against and when I suppose. I think it's fair to say all fans enjoy sticking it up the big clubs if you can rough em' up a bit.

We enjoy both direct and pass and move under Dyche, although as he has said it depends on the quality of player available and it's noticeable that our style has got better when we've signed better players (Steven Defour for example).

One thing that will never change for us with Dyche in charge is our framework - work very hard and press high up the pitch.

"... I think it's fair to say all fans enjoy sticking it up the big clubs if you can rough em' up a bit."

This is where we may have to agree to disagree. I personally lay awake, furiously masterbating, to the memory of Michu 'picking their pockets'. I would much prefer to beat them with guile then rough em' up.

And yes, they type of player does matter. You don't try to pick a lock with a sledgehammer.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Burnley on 13:24 - Feb 12 with 1013 viewsperchrockjack

Mo.

I'm rather perverse ,so you have to factor that in..

Colne is areal dump

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024