Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest unbeaten run since 16:37 - Feb 11 with 7356 viewsswancity

When?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:52 - Feb 11 with 3896 viewsTheResurrection

It’s really weird innt, coming in a season when the recruitment was the worst ever, like, ever, ever, ever!!!

How does that work out like?!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 3875 viewsSwanjaxs

2003 I'm led to believe 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:55 - Feb 11 with 3865 viewsN_T_J

09 i think i heard
Longest unbeaten run since on 17:56 - Feb 11 with 3850 viewsSwanjaxs

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:55 - Feb 11 by N_T_J

09 i think i heard

I'm sure that was before yesterday..

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:58 - Feb 11 with 3845 viewsN_T_J

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:56 - Feb 11 by Swanjaxs

I'm sure that was before yesterday..

Ah thanks
Longest unbeaten run since on 18:04 - Feb 11 with 3822 viewsPrivate_Partz

Longest unbeaten run since on 17:52 - Feb 11 by TheResurrection

It’s really weird innt, coming in a season when the recruitment was the worst ever, like, ever, ever, ever!!!

How does that work out like?!!

It just goes to show what an experienced manager can do in the short term. We are very lucky to have Carlos.
Let's hope Kingy and Andre can deliver the goods. Also Tammy and Sam continue to improve as most of our close season recruits played very little part in the first half of the season with 11m quids worth of it in Spain now.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 18:05]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:07 - Feb 11 with 3788 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:04 - Feb 11 by Private_Partz

It just goes to show what an experienced manager can do in the short term. We are very lucky to have Carlos.
Let's hope Kingy and Andre can deliver the goods. Also Tammy and Sam continue to improve as most of our close season recruits played very little part in the first half of the season with 11m quids worth of it in Spain now.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 18:05]

No, it just goes to show how ridiculous the over reaction has been and how ordinary Clement was.

Great work from Jenkins.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:30 - Feb 11 with 3732 views1462jack

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:07 - Feb 11 by TheResurrection

No, it just goes to show how ridiculous the over reaction has been and how ordinary Clement was.

Great work from Jenkins.

You can stick up for Jenkins all you like Chris the fact of the matter is he’s still a sneaky c@nt
Login to get fewer ads

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 3714 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:30 - Feb 11 by 1462jack

You can stick up for Jenkins all you like Chris the fact of the matter is he’s still a sneaky c@nt

Yes, he is, but that’s a separate matter.

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:34 - Feb 11 with 3706 viewsJackFish

We went 18 league games unbeaten in 2007-08, one short of our club record. We did lost to Havant and Waterlooville during that run though. We also managed at least 9 the following year when we drew 8 games in a row.
Longest unbeaten run since on 19:03 - Feb 11 with 3589 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Great work from Jenkins.

You are absolutely joking, who the hell do you think got us in this position for the last 3 years in the first place?
Longest unbeaten run since on 19:54 - Feb 11 with 3452 viewsPrivate_Partz

Great work from Jenkins.

I certainly think Clement was inexperienced but for me the transfer window was his undoing. So better agree to disagree and I will just turn up to put you right when the need arises ;-)
Joking aside you may have noticed I am not in the business of knocking the players or managers. I never believed they were as bad as many were making out here. I just felt there were areas we did not address. Fullbacks, a striker and wingers for a start. I was less than impressed with Bony as I felt it was too much of a gamble with young and untried players as back up. The lateness of the window meant Clem was left trying to sort out the team in real time and was not up to the task.
This is why I think we need a complete rehash of the recruitment side and it should be happening now. The transfer window is closed so efforts should be made have the setup in place ready for the new window.
For me Jenkins is not up to the job and never has been since he appointed himself as DOF. Too much money has been wasted and a club of our size cannot afford to do that.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:38 - Feb 11 with 3347 viewsswancity

Great work from Jenkins.

Great work from Jenkins?

But it wasn't great work was it. He threw the dice again and the gamble has paid off...so far. Carvalhal does seem to be a good fit for our Club. He's innovative, forward thinking and without throwing caution to the wind, enjoys seeing his team attack with good interchanging of positions and movement, lots of it, off the ball. It's a return to the Martinez way albeit with some defensive tweaking.

But I'm assuming your remark was meant as a wind up as no one could have predicted the sudden improvement.

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:45 - Feb 11 with 3311 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 19:03 - Feb 11 by A_Fans_Dad

You are absolutely joking, who the hell do you think got us in this position for the last 3 years in the first place?

What? In the EPL the whole time?

Yeah, I know. Jenkins, was it?

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:54 - Feb 11 with 3252 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 19:54 - Feb 11 by Private_Partz

I certainly think Clement was inexperienced but for me the transfer window was his undoing. So better agree to disagree and I will just turn up to put you right when the need arises ;-)
Joking aside you may have noticed I am not in the business of knocking the players or managers. I never believed they were as bad as many were making out here. I just felt there were areas we did not address. Fullbacks, a striker and wingers for a start. I was less than impressed with Bony as I felt it was too much of a gamble with young and untried players as back up. The lateness of the window meant Clem was left trying to sort out the team in real time and was not up to the task.
This is why I think we need a complete rehash of the recruitment side and it should be happening now. The transfer window is closed so efforts should be made have the setup in place ready for the new window.
For me Jenkins is not up to the job and never has been since he appointed himself as DOF. Too much money has been wasted and a club of our size cannot afford to do that.

But why? What do you mean exactly?

The team is 14 points from 21. Apart from half hour or so, it's the same team!!

Late window meant nothing to Carlos, not one iota. If Clement had anything about him he wouldn't have played Clucas at DM, ruined Mesa, instructed every player to be caution first and be afraid of their own shadow.

You may want to hush all that up and dress it as inexperience, but that doesn't matter. The same team is on a run of results that has proved the window, late, early, on time, never ever, meant absolutely fack all.

We always had the same back 5, we had Ki, Clucas, Carroll, Dyer, Ayew, we had them all last season apart from Clucas, never mind in August of this year.

We had the tools mate, the window, forget about it. Means zero. Carlos wasn't overly bothered if we brought anyone in in January.

You're going out of your way to make excuses for the idiot Clement and to apportion blame on Jenkins. Stop lashing out, embrace our football club.

Longest unbeaten run since on 21:03 - Feb 11 with 3213 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:38 - Feb 11 by swancity

Great work from Jenkins?

But it wasn't great work was it. He threw the dice again and the gamble has paid off...so far. Carvalhal does seem to be a good fit for our Club. He's innovative, forward thinking and without throwing caution to the wind, enjoys seeing his team attack with good interchanging of positions and movement, lots of it, off the ball. It's a return to the Martinez way albeit with some defensive tweaking.

But I'm assuming your remark was meant as a wind up as no one could have predicted the sudden improvement.

Yes, great work in appointing Carlos who is showing all of us our team aren't that bad actually, and the recruitment is pretty bastard GOOD!!!

I really like this time. There's no superstars in there, well maybe they could be one day, but you know what I mean. As I said yesterday, we're bloody strong and solid at the back. VdH, Mawson and Fede are looking superb together, SU-FACKING-PERB. And all 3 are from the fabled recruitment and costing a combined £17m

Those 3 alone are probably worth £35m plus now. As much criticism as he gets Naughty Boy was again immense yesterday and he's one to interact with the fans. Always make sure he claps the crowd, Olsson, picked up last season and has more then repaid the paltry fee we paid for him.

The 4 our recruitment picked up last season kept us up. Jenkins, if you want to pin everything at his door, good and bad, well he did it again last season then. Wow. Hats off son.

We're a nice little squad and assembled well. We could look at those positives you see, instead of always looking to knock SCFC.

Time to get over things now mate, it's not that bad, it really isn't.

Longest unbeaten run since on 21:22 - Feb 11 with 3166 viewsswancity

Longest unbeaten run since on 21:03 - Feb 11 by TheResurrection

Yes, great work in appointing Carlos who is showing all of us our team aren't that bad actually, and the recruitment is pretty bastard GOOD!!!

I really like this time. There's no superstars in there, well maybe they could be one day, but you know what I mean. As I said yesterday, we're bloody strong and solid at the back. VdH, Mawson and Fede are looking superb together, SU-FACKING-PERB. And all 3 are from the fabled recruitment and costing a combined £17m

Those 3 alone are probably worth £35m plus now. As much criticism as he gets Naughty Boy was again immense yesterday and he's one to interact with the fans. Always make sure he claps the crowd, Olsson, picked up last season and has more then repaid the paltry fee we paid for him.

The 4 our recruitment picked up last season kept us up. Jenkins, if you want to pin everything at his door, good and bad, well he did it again last season then. Wow. Hats off son.

We're a nice little squad and assembled well. We could look at those positives you see, instead of always looking to knock SCFC.

Time to get over things now mate, it's not that bad, it really isn't.

No doubt Jenkins has many shrewd moves which have benefitted our Club. That's not in doubt.

But this doesn't excuse his actions around the Club sale. He put its future in doubt by again throwing the dice. His actions define him. He's sly and selfish. For that he needs to go. There's no point in quoting examples of good recruitment because there are dozens of failed ones. The wider issue ? You're over looking it strangely.

Longest unbeaten run since on 21:52 - Feb 11 with 3074 viewsoldcob

We've gone on an unbeaten run in spite of Jenkins not because of him.
Longest unbeaten run since on 22:03 - Feb 11 with 3021 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 21:22 - Feb 11 by swancity

No doubt Jenkins has many shrewd moves which have benefitted our Club. That's not in doubt.

But this doesn't excuse his actions around the Club sale. He put its future in doubt by again throwing the dice. His actions define him. He's sly and selfish. For that he needs to go. There's no point in quoting examples of good recruitment because there are dozens of failed ones. The wider issue ? You're over looking it strangely.

I dont think I am. I'm just trying to be pragmatic here.

I'm all for scrutiny and accountability but these Americans have paid a small fortune for the club. They aren't fly by night merchants and as I keep saying, there would have been no guarantees on anything no matter if we'd have done all the due diligence in the world. There aren't necessarily Utopian football owners.

At this moment in time the Trust also still own 21% of the Club, that's not changed. We know we have a good case should we need to go to Court. We also had a money offer from them until recently so there's scope there also.

The football club will always evolve.

Longest unbeaten run since on 03:29 - Feb 12 with 2800 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:38 - Feb 11 by swancity

Great work from Jenkins?

If Carvalhal had been a terrible choice, Jenkins would have received just criticism for making a bad football decision.

Conversely, calling it simply "throwing the dice" and "gambling" to avoid giving him credit for a good decision just makes it clear there is no way he can win at this point with most of our supporters, no matter what his football decisions are going forward.

Like Res said, if he shat on the trust, the supporters, or anyone else, that's a separate issue.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:37 - Feb 12 with 2725 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great work from Jenkins.

Didn't he employ Clement though?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:54 - Feb 12 with 2716 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:54 - Feb 11 by TheResurrection

But why? What do you mean exactly?

The team is 14 points from 21. Apart from half hour or so, it's the same team!!

Late window meant nothing to Carlos, not one iota. If Clement had anything about him he wouldn't have played Clucas at DM, ruined Mesa, instructed every player to be caution first and be afraid of their own shadow.

You may want to hush all that up and dress it as inexperience, but that doesn't matter. The same team is on a run of results that has proved the window, late, early, on time, never ever, meant absolutely fack all.

We always had the same back 5, we had Ki, Clucas, Carroll, Dyer, Ayew, we had them all last season apart from Clucas, never mind in August of this year.

We had the tools mate, the window, forget about it. Means zero. Carlos wasn't overly bothered if we brought anyone in in January.

You're going out of your way to make excuses for the idiot Clement and to apportion blame on Jenkins. Stop lashing out, embrace our football club.

And you can dress it up anyway you like to make Jenkins look great. The uncomfortable truth for you to man up to and swallow is that he picked bad managers (Monk, Clement, Bradley ) and didn't back Guidolin who was a decent enough manager with the tools to do the job.

He's got lucky this time and Carlos is providing a great environment for the players to train and work in, good psychological man management skills and great game management during matches.

We've lost ground to newly promoted clubs such as Burnley in those three to four years too. I'm not saying we'd ever consistently be top eight, top ten or top twelve but we'd have been in significantly better health than we are now if be hadn't made some calamitous managerial appointments during that period.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Longest unbeaten run since on 07:46 - Feb 12 with 2625 viewsjacktheripper

Great work from Jenkins.

Wasn't Clement the correct choice when appointed? The same can be said for Guidolin and Monk and they all lasted 12 months or less for one reason or another. Who' s to say we won' t be looking for another manager come xmas time or is it a Jenkins masterplan to keep himself in gainful employment in unearthing all these jewels
Longest unbeaten run since on 07:49 - Feb 12 with 2619 views34dfgdf54

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:37 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn't he employ Clement though?

Clement kept us up though, so not really a stick you could beat Jenkins with. Not sacking him earlier is though, unless that was the Yanks call.

Fingers crossed he'll be gone in the summer, we need a genuine DOF in, and maybe that's why Guidolin was at the game Saturday?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 8:00]
Longest unbeaten run since on 07:52 - Feb 12 with 2610 viewsHeadmaster

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:54 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

And you can dress it up anyway you like to make Jenkins look great. The uncomfortable truth for you to man up to and swallow is that he picked bad managers (Monk, Clement, Bradley ) and didn't back Guidolin who was a decent enough manager with the tools to do the job.

He's got lucky this time and Carlos is providing a great environment for the players to train and work in, good psychological man management skills and great game management during matches.

We've lost ground to newly promoted clubs such as Burnley in those three to four years too. I'm not saying we'd ever consistently be top eight, top ten or top twelve but we'd have been in significantly better health than we are now if be hadn't made some calamitous managerial appointments during that period.

I would argue extending Guidolin's contract was another stupid decision, and that's nothing against Guidolin by the way. Jenkins should have brought Brendan back when he had the chance. Even he says it's his biggest regret.

Jenkins has blown millions of pounds on signings, with two big money signings out on loan because the manager doesn't fancy them. The whole recruitment set-up needs to be revamped, and Jenkins needs to stay out of it.

It's no coincidence that we saw our best football in years when Jenkins wasn't at the forefront of our recruitment. He's had one decent transfer window out of the last three or four, and that's not good enough for a club of our size. We can't keep going on like this, because one day our luck will run out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024