Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 18:53 - Feb 11 with 8615 viewsmax936

he looked surprised being hooked back to left back yesterday, I think he's been playing really well further forward surely its best to keep him up there, Thoughts?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Clucas on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 5795 viewsTheKirkyLife

Substitutions and reassigned roles worked. He should have nothing to complain about.
Clucas on 19:50 - Feb 11 with 5781 viewsPacemaker

Olsen on a yellow

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Clucas on 19:50 - Feb 11 with 5778 viewsJackfath

When all the meat is on the barbeque then he will fit in nicely there.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Clucas on 19:52 - Feb 11 with 5760 viewslonglostjack

Clucas on 19:50 - Feb 11 by Jackfath

When all the meat is on the barbeque then he will fit in nicely there.

Bit of whale meat would have been alright !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Clucas on 20:00 - Feb 11 with 5721 viewsThornburyswan

Clucas on 19:50 - Feb 11 by Pacemaker

Olsen on a yellow

This - smart tactical call for me.
Clucas on 20:01 - Feb 11 with 5707 viewsmax936

Clucas on 19:50 - Feb 11 by Pacemaker

Olsen on a yellow

There was that yes, but they both seemed surprised Olsen and Clucas, playing Clucas further forward as worked well he's got a bit of pace an eye for goal and good feet, notsure how it'll work with both Ayews playing though and Dyer as done well to he's still got pace, so notsure how it will all fit together especially with Tammy looking fitter and energised and there's also King waiting in the wings to.
We've got a few options as to where we should be able to change things when needed.

Clucas on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 5675 viewsDr_Winston

Clucas on 20:01 - Feb 11 by max936

There was that yes, but they both seemed surprised Olsen and Clucas, playing Clucas further forward as worked well he's got a bit of pace an eye for goal and good feet, notsure how it'll work with both Ayews playing though and Dyer as done well to he's still got pace, so notsure how it will all fit together especially with Tammy looking fitter and energised and there's also King waiting in the wings to.
We've got a few options as to where we should be able to change things when needed.

He's still got licence to get forward in the system we use and the engine to do it so it probably wasn't that big a deal to him. Not as dramatic a change as dropping all the way to LB or defensive midfield at any rate.

As you say, it gives us a good option if we feel the need to beef up the forward line late on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 5632 viewscaerleon_jack

He probably was surprised, because it probably wasn't in the game plan to make that switch, but with Olsson on a yellow it made sense. We're playing wing-backs high up the pitch rather than traditional full backs so whereas he looked inept at left-hand under PC, his role on Saturday after Olsson went off required him to hold a more defensive position than he had been - whilst still looking to attack when possible.

At least he didn't throw a hissy fit like the time Agustein did when he was asked to move to right-back.

Insert something witty here

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 5522 viewsjasper_T

No wingback on the bench and we played better with Andre in his place further forward.

Ideally he would have been brought off entirely but it worked well enough.
Clucas on 20:35 - Feb 11 with 5464 viewsjack247

And all of a sudden we’ve got credible cover for Olsson, at least if we stick to the current formation. Clucas still gets to attack when the opportunity presents itself and didn’t look a fish out of water like he did earlier in the season. Another tick in the box for Carlos.
Clucas on 20:43 - Feb 11 with 5420 viewsTheResurrection

Olsson wasn't subbed because he was on a yellow, he was subbed because Carlos went all in to get the 3 points.

I personally didn't see Clucas surprised so I'd have to take your word on that, I was surprised though, big time.

But I quite like Clucas at left wing back and especially against teams where we are on the front foot. He's pretty much got the same licence to push forward as he would at left midfield. He was making some great runs late in the game.

He's coming on a treat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas on 21:11 - Feb 11 with 5267 viewsmax936

Clucas on 20:43 - Feb 11 by TheResurrection

Olsson wasn't subbed because he was on a yellow, he was subbed because Carlos went all in to get the 3 points.

I personally didn't see Clucas surprised so I'd have to take your word on that, I was surprised though, big time.

But I quite like Clucas at left wing back and especially against teams where we are on the front foot. He's pretty much got the same licence to push forward as he would at left midfield. He was making some great runs late in the game.

He's coming on a treat.

He took a bit of time to settle, understandably after Clements not knowing how or where to play him, he's certainly got quality and goals in him, massive credit has to go to Carlo for his improvement and of course the Team long may it continue.

Clucas on 23:02 - Feb 11 with 4988 viewsJethroJack

Clucas on 20:35 - Feb 11 by jack247

And all of a sudden we’ve got credible cover for Olsson, at least if we stick to the current formation. Clucas still gets to attack when the opportunity presents itself and didn’t look a fish out of water like he did earlier in the season. Another tick in the box for Carlos.

Haven't you heard...none of Carlos's fish are allowed out of the water.
N/A. on 00:36 - Feb 12 with 4822 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Clucas on 00:55 - Feb 12 with 4802 viewsjasper_T

N/A. on 00:36 - Feb 12 by Huw57

N/A.

One of the first names after the goalkeeper, the back 5, J. Ayew, Ki...
N/A. on 00:57 - Feb 12 with 4800 viewsHuw57

Clucas on 00:55 - Feb 12 by jasper_T

One of the first names after the goalkeeper, the back 5, J. Ayew, Ki...

N/A.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Clucas on 01:27 - Feb 12 with 4776 viewsjasper_T

N/A. on 00:57 - Feb 12 by Huw57

N/A.

Be interesting to see who Andre replaces in the starting lineup once he's up to speed.
Clucas on 07:50 - Feb 12 with 4609 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 01:27 - Feb 12 by jasper_T

Be interesting to see who Andre replaces in the starting lineup once he's up to speed.

I think everyone is assuming Dyer. Maybe Andre lead the line, with Jordan out where Dyer would normally play.

I didn't see the game Saturday, only highlights, how did he perform (Dyer)?
Clucas on 07:56 - Feb 12 with 4593 viewsjackal

As Ollsen was on a yellow, he was the only one who could go there.

Let's hope that this will stop any diving tendencies before they start.

I hate diving and would hate to see our boys doing it.

Leave it to cheating ****s like Alli.
Clucas on 08:35 - Feb 12 with 4520 viewsQuincy999

Clucas on 07:56 - Feb 12 by jackal

We have just resigned Andre Ayew. At least he's clever about it though.
Clucas on 22:34 - Feb 12 with 4095 viewsSPboy

Clucas on 07:50 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

I think everyone is assuming Dyer. Maybe Andre lead the line, with Jordan out where Dyer would normally play.

I didn't see the game Saturday, only highlights, how did he perform (Dyer)?

Dyer did a lot of the ugly stuff helping out Naughton quite a bit when required. He showed a nice first touch and his speed frightened their defence no doubt. However his final ball and probing came to nothing like they do too often with him. He keeps cutting back inside and playing the easy pass, often backwards. He remains seemingly unable to get past his man on the outside & get a cross in. A typical Dyer performance lacking end product but doing enough to keep a couple of their defenders occupied 6/10
Clucas on 23:21 - Feb 12 with 4045 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 07:56 - Feb 12 by jackal

You make out like every player on a yellow gets automatically subbed. That had nothing to do with it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas on 06:54 - Feb 13 with 3900 viewsjackal

Clucas on 23:21 - Feb 12 by TheResurrection

You make out like every player on a yellow gets automatically subbed. That had nothing to do with it.

A defender playing on a yellow is handicapped.

A mis-timed tackle away from a sending off.
Clucas on 07:03 - Feb 13 with 3887 viewsDr_Winston

It's probably a bit of both.

Carlos wanted to get more firepower on to chase the three points and Olsson already being on a yellow was vulnerable to the hook.

Two birds, one stone.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 07:33 - Feb 13 with 3863 viewsLoyal

Clucas on 22:34 - Feb 12 by SPboy

Dyer did a lot of the ugly stuff helping out Naughton quite a bit when required. He showed a nice first touch and his speed frightened their defence no doubt. However his final ball and probing came to nothing like they do too often with him. He keeps cutting back inside and playing the easy pass, often backwards. He remains seemingly unable to get past his man on the outside & get a cross in. A typical Dyer performance lacking end product but doing enough to keep a couple of their defenders occupied 6/10

He cuts inside more than a cock with a razor blade attached to it.
The new Tommy Butler.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024